Tristan. Nice to meet you. -It's Tris-tan, right?
-对 -太好了 好
Yes. -Awesome. Cool.
特里斯坦·哈里斯 是谷歌♥前设计道德伦理学家
Tristan Harris is a former design ethicist for Google
被称为硅谷最接近良知的人物
and has been called the closest thing Silicon Valley has to a conscience.
他呼吁技术产业
He's asking tech
在产品中引进 被他称为“道德伦理设计”的要素
to bring what he calls "ethical design" to its products.
搞技术的业内人士 极少如此直言不讳
It's rare for a tech insider to be so blunt,
特里斯坦·哈里斯相信 总有人要这样
but Tristan Harris believes someone needs to be.
我在谷歌♥工作的时候
When I was at Google,
我在谷歌♥邮箱团队 我就开始觉得很疲惫
I was on the Gmail team, and I just started getting burnt out
因为我们讨论了很多…
'cause we'd had so many conversations about...
收件箱应该长什么样 应该是什么颜色
you know, what the inbox should look like and what color it should be, and...
我自己感觉对邮件成瘾
And I, you know, felt personally addicted to e-mail,
我觉得有趣的是
and I found it fascinating
在谷歌♥邮箱工作的人 没有一个想把它做得不那么致瘾
there was no one at Gmail working on making it less addictive.
我想:“别人想过这个问题吗?
And I was like, "Is anybody else thinking about this?
我 没听谁谈论过这个问题”
I haven't heard anybody talk about this."
我对技术产业整体感到沮丧
And I was feeling this frustration...with the tech industry, overall,
感觉我们有点迷路了
that we'd kind of, like, lost our way.
我真的很努力地去尝试 想办法
You know, I really struggled to try and figure out
怎样能从行业内部改变这个问题
how, from the inside, we could change it.
就在这个时候 我决定做一次展示
And that was when I decided to make a presentation,
算是号♥召大家吧
kind of a call to arms.
每天我回到家 每一个晚上 都要花几个小时去做这件事
Every day, I went home and I worked on it for a couple hours every single night.
我的呼吁是
It basically just said, you know,
历史上从来没有过50个
never before in history have 50 designers
20到35岁之间的加州白人设计师
20- to 35-year-old white guys in California
做出一个能影响20亿人的决定
made decisions that would have an impact on two billion people.
20亿人将会拥有 他们从来不曾预料的想法
Two billion people will have thoughts that they didn't intend to have
只因为一个谷歌♥的设计师说 “你每天早上醒来
because a designer at Google said, "This is how notifications work
屏幕上的通知就是这样工作的”
on that screen that you wake up to in the morning."
我们作为谷歌♥ 有解决这个问题的道德责任
And we have a moral responsibility, as Google, for solving this problem.
我把这个展示
And I sent this presentation
发给了在谷歌♥ 与我关系最近的15到20个同事
to about 15, 20 of my closest colleagues at Google,
我很紧张 我不知道他们会怎样想
and I was very nervous about it. I wasn't sure how it was gonna land.
我第二天去上班的时候
When I went to work the next day,
多数的电脑上都开着这个展示
most of the laptops had the presentation open.
(注意)
那天下午 有400个人同时观看
Later that day, there was, like, 400 simultaneous viewers,
看到的人越来越多
so it just kept growing and growing.
我收到整个公♥司♥同事发来的各种邮件
I got e-mails from all around the company.
每一个部门的人都说
I mean, people in every department saying,
“我太同意了 我看到这个问题正在影响我的孩子
"I totally agree." "I see this affecting my kids."
我看到这个问题正在影响我身边的人
"I see this affecting the people around me."
我们应该做点什么 来解决这个问题”
"We have to do something about this."
我感觉自己 好像开启了一场革命之类的
It felt like I was sort of launching a revolution or something like that.
后来 我才知道莱利·佩吉 那一天在三个不同会议
Later, I found out Larry Page had been notified about this presentation
都被人告知这个展示的存在
in three separate meetings that day. -
于是这个展示 创造了这个文化性的时刻
And so, it created this kind of cultural moment
谷歌♥需要认真对待
that Google needed to take seriously. -
然后…杳无音讯了
And then... nothing. -
2006年 所有人…
Everyone in 2006...
包括我们在脸书的所有人
including all of us at Facebook,
超级羡慕谷歌♥ 羡慕谷歌♥所创建的一切
just had total admiration for Google and what Google had built,
超级实用的服务
which was this incredibly useful service
据我们当时所知 为世界带来了很多好处
that did, far as we could tell, lots of goodness for the world,
他们建立了一个平行的造钱机器
and they built this parallel money machine.
我们超级羡慕嫉妒谷歌♥ 在我们看来太优雅了…
We had such envy for that, and it seemed so elegant to us...
太完美了
and so perfect.
脸书当时才成立大概两年
Facebook had been around for about two years,
我被雇到脸书 去找出
um, and I was hired to come in and figure out
公♥司♥未来要走怎样的商业模式
what the business model was gonna be for the company.
我曾是盈利总监 大概意思就是
I was the director of monetization. The point was, like,
“你是要去想出 这个东西怎样盈利的人”
"You're the person who's gonna figure out how this thing monetizes."
当时很多人做了很多工作
And there were a lot of people who did a lot of the work,
但我明显是其中一个指向…
but I was clearly one of the people who was pointing towards...
首先 我们必须要赚钱
"Well, we have to make money, A...
我认为这个广♥告♥模式 可能是最优雅的方式
and I think this advertising model is probably the most elegant way.
妈妈刚给我们发的什么视频?
What's this video Mom just sent us?
一个脱口秀 不过挺不错的
that's from a talk show, but that's pretty good.
那个人还算是个天才
Guy's kind of a genius.
他在谈论删除社交媒体 你们真应该这样做
He's talking all about deleting social media, which you gotta do.
我可能要开始屏蔽她的邮件了
I might have to start blocking her e-mails.
讲真 我都不知道她在说什么 天啊
I don't even know what she's talking about, man.
她还不如我不
She's worse than I am.
她只用来找菜谱 -对 还有工作
No, she only uses it for recipes. -Right, and work.
-还有健身视频 -还看我们在做什么
And workout videos. -And to check up on us.
还看她这辈子遇到过的每一个人 在做什么
And everyone else she's ever met in her entire life.
如果你一边往下划着 你的社交媒体推送
If you are scrolling through your social media feed
一边看着我们 你需要把你该死的手♥机♥放下 听好
while you're watchin' us, you need to put the damn phone down and listen up
因为我们的下一位嘉宾 写了一本优秀的书
'cause our next guest has written an incredible book
书的内容是社交媒体 多大程度上破坏了我们的生活
about how much it's wrecking our lives.
掌声有请
Please welcome author of
《立刻删除 你社交媒体的十个论点》作者
Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now...
贾伦·拉尼尔
..Jaron Lanier.
谷歌♥、脸书这样的公♥司♥是有史以来
Companies like Google and Facebook are some of the wealthiest
最富有、最成功的几个公♥司♥
and most successful of all time.
他们的员工数量相对较少
they have relatively few employees.
他们只有一个大电脑 在那里摇钱
They just have this giant computer that rakes in money, right? ..
问题是 别人为什么给他们钱呢?
Now, what are they being paid for?
这是一个非常重要的问题
That's a really important question.
我做了35年的技术产业投资者
So, I've been an investor in technology for 35 years.
硅谷的前50年 行业制♥造♥产品…
The first 50 years of Silicon Valley, the industry made products
硬件、软件
hardware, software
卖♥♥给顾客 简单良好的商业模式
sold 'em to customers. Nice, simple business.
过去十年 硅谷最大的公♥司♥
For the last ten years, the biggest companies in Silicon Valley
一直涉足贩卖♥♥他们用户的勾当
have been in the business of selling their users.
现在这样说 有点陈词滥调
It's a little even trite to say now,
但因为我们不为使用这些产品付钱
but... because we don't pay for the products that we use,
广♥告♥商为我们使用的产品付钱
advertisers pay for the products that we use.
广♥告♥商是顾客
Advertisers are the customers.
我们是被销♥售♥的商品
We're the thing being sold.
经典的说法是
The classic saying is:
“如果你没有花钱买♥♥产品 那你就是被卖♥♥的产品”
"If you're not paying for the product, then you are the product."
(你就是被卖♥♥的产品)
很多人想:“谷歌♥只是一个搜索框
A lot of people think, you know, " well, Google's just a search box,
脸书只是一个看我朋友们在做什么
and Facebook's just a place to see what my friends are doing
看他们照片的地方”
and see their photos."
但他们没有意识到的是 他们在竞争你的关注
But what they don't realize is they're competing for your attention.
脸书、阅后即焚图片分享、推特 Instagram、YouTube
So, you know, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube,
这种公♥司♥ 他们的商业模式 是让人们的注意力持续吸引在屏幕上
companies like this, their business model is to keep people engaged on the screen.
我们来想办法 怎样尽最大可能
Let's figure out how to get as much of this person's attention
获得这个人的注意力
as we possibly can.
我们能让你在上面花多少时间?
How much time can we get you to spend?
我们能让你给我们分出 你人生的多少时间?
How much of your life can we get you to give to us?
当你去想 这些公♥司♥是怎样运作的
When you think about how some of these companies work,
就能开始想通了
it starts to make sense.
网络上有过各种服务 我们都认为是免费的
There are all these services on the Internet that we think of as free,
但它们并不是免费的 是广♥告♥商在付钱
but they're not free. They're paid for by advertisers.
广♥告♥商为什么给这些公♥司♥付钱?
Why do advertisers pay those companies?
它们付钱 交换给你展示广♥告♥
They pay in exchange for showing their ads to us.
我们是产品 我们的关注 就是卖♥♥给广♥告♥商的产品
We're the product. Our attention is the product being sold to advertisers.
这样说 过于简单化了
That's a little too simplistic.
产品其实是我们行为和认知的
It's the gradual, slight, imperceptible change
逐渐的、一点一点的 我们未察觉到的变化
in your own behavior and perception that is the product.
(行为和认知的 变化)
这才是产品 是唯一可能的产品
And that is the product. It's the only possible product.
这其中 没有任何东西 能再被称为产品了
There's nothing else on the table that could possibly be called the product.
这是他们能拿来赚钱的唯一东西
That's the only thing there is for them to make money from.
改变你做的事
Changing what you do,
你的思维模式 改变你这个人
how you think, who you are.
这是一种逐渐的变化 非常轻微
It's a gradual change. It's slight.
电影精选列表