You are Carol.
凯萝班尼这是贝契博士和夫人露蒂
Carol Bennell, this is Dr. Henryk Belicec and his wonderful wife, Luddie.
过来 让我看看你班经常提到你
Come here and let me see you. Ben has told us a lot about you.
进去吧 晚餐就快开始了
Let us go in. Dinner will be ready soon.
你们坐在我们旁边
Now, you two sit with us.
今晚我们要正常人陪陪我们
We want some real people around us tonight.
我爸有点怪怪的耶
-Something's wrong with my dad. -Yeah.
是啊 我爸也是
Mine too.
-爸 -在这里 奥立佛
-Dad? -ln here, Oliver.
我正在泡热巧克力
l'm making some hot chocolate.
你要喝热巧克力吗
Would you like some hot chocolate?
班说你是位精神科医师
So Ben tells me that you are a psychiatrist.
有意思 我正好需要心理治疗
This is very interesting. This is exactly what l need.
你只需要捷克人常说的...被俄♥国♥制靴子踢屁♥股♥
You need what every Czech needs: a stiff Russian boot up your behind.
可惜俄♥国♥的靴子都是中国制♥造♥了
Pity they don't make Russian boots anymore. They're all made in China.
你让我坐在美女旁边
You seat me beside a beautiful woman
却不介绍我就太没礼貌了
without introducing me, and you insult me.
亨尤 别让他碎碎念了
Oh, don't let him get started, Henyo.
我向你郑重道歉 尤芮希
l'm sorry, Yorish. My humblest apologies.
班尼医生这位是华府最声名狼借的大使
You have the honor of meeting one of Washington's most notorious diplomats.
他提供了最顶级的鱼子酱
My friend and the source of this exquisite caviar...
俄♥国♥大使尤芮希科甘维契
...Russian Ambassador Yorish Kaganovich.
-幸会了 大使 -这是我的荣幸
-Nice to meet you, ambassador. -The pleasure is entirely mine.
亨尤的宝客通常像我又老又丑
Henryk's guests are usually as old and as ugly as l am.
错了 你比他们丑多了
l beg to differ. No one's as ugly as you are, Yorish.
你知道"捷克" 的俄语是什么吗
You know what ''Czechoslovakia'' means in Russian, doctor?
意思是"脚踏垫"
lt means a ''doormat.''
还有人说俄语 我以为绝种了
Someone still speaks Russian? l thought it was a dead language.
我们假装相处愉快
My cheeky friend and l pretend to enjoy ourselves,
其实我们是互相利用的...
but secretly we are rivals...
死对头我是来喝他昂贵的香槟
...exploiting each other for personal gain. l am here to drink his champagne...
他邀我来是为了我的顶级鱼子酱
...and he invites me because l can get the real caviar.
以虚伪的表象掩饰真正的自我
A veneer of civility hides our true self-interests.
人类世界不都是这样
lt's the nature of our world, yes?
尤芮希 别乱讲话
Yorish, be good.
我只是很好奇
l'm only curious.
我认为文明是假象和虚伪
l say that civilization is an illusion, a game of pretend.
实际上我们都还是动物受到原始本能的控制
What is real is the fact that we are still animals, driven by primal instincts.
身为精神科医师
As a psychiatrist...
你应该了解
...you must know this to be true.
老实说 每次有人高谈真♥相♥
To be honest, ambassador, when someone starts talking to me about the truth...
在我听来都是在说自己
...l hear what they tell me about themselves...
不是在批评世界
...more than what they say about the world.
没错 说的好
-Quite right. Well done. -Perhaps you are right.
也许吧 俄♥国♥人在美国就像病毒
Perhaps being a Russian in this country is a kind of pathology.
你觉得呢 你能帮助我吗
So, what do you think? Can you help me?
给我一颗药丸
Can you give me a pill?
让我像美国人一样唯我独尊
To make me see the world the way you Americans see the world?
帮我了解美军为何攻打伊♥拉♥克♥或是纽奥良为何受飓风侵袭
Can a pill help me understand lraq, or Darfur, or even New Orleans?
不要随他起舞
Don't be drawn in by his madness, doctor.
他是俄♥国♥人 把辩论当饭吃
He is Russian. He needs to argue like he needs to breathe.
在我们最需要的时候文明就沦丧
All l am saying is that civilization crumbles whenever we need it most.
人在特定状况下
ln the right situation...
都能犯罪使坏
...we are all capable of the most terrible crimes.
假如这个世界改变了
To imagine a world where this was not so...
危机不会再衍生新危机
...where every crisis did not result in new atrocities...
报纸不报导腥膻色的新闻
...where every newspaper is not full of war and violence....
那么世上的人类就不再是人类了
Well, this is to imagine a world where human beings cease to be human.
我同意你说的人仍有动物本能
While l'll give you that we still retain some basic animal instincts...
但是你必须承认我们和几千年前不同了
...you must admit we're not the same animal we were a few thousand years ago.
-没错 -只要研究皮亚杰或柏格
-True. -Read Piaget or Kohlberg...
马斯洛 葛莱芙 韦伯的理论
...or Maslow, Graves, Wilber, and you'll see we're still evolving.
就知道人类仍在演进意识也仍在改变
Our consciousness is changing.
五百年前没有后现代女性主义者
Five hundred years ago, postmodern feminists didn't exist...
现在就有一个坐在你旁边
...yet one sits right beside you today.
虽然不代表这世界
While that fact may not undo all
能把做过的错事改正回来
the terrible things that have been done in this world...
但是至少我相信有一天世局会改善
...at least it gives me reason to believe one day things may be different.
-谢谢你 医生 -不客气 大使
-Thank you, doctor. -You're welcome, ambassador.
太精彩了
Excellent.
班 所有你带来的女人之中
Ben, of all the women you've brought into our home...
我准许你娶她为妻
...this is the one we permit you to marry.
别闹了
Hey, now, look.
我整晚看到你们看彼此的眼神
l've been watching the way you look at each other.
-真是一对金童玉女 -瞧 他们就是这样
-Oh, so beautiful and smart. -You see, this is what happens.
不管说什么话
They say what they like in this household,
都有外交豁免权
and then they claim diplomatic immunity.
-想想你们生的小孩 -够了 够了
-Think of the children you could have. -Enough. Enough.
我玩得很开心
l had a terrific time.
你的朋友很有趣
Your friends are wonderful.
谢谢你陪我
Well, thank you for being my date.
也谢谢你说的话
And for what you said tonight.
怎么了
What?
不 我不能这样
No, l can't do this.
不 这...
No. That's--
其实并没关系
But that's--But that's fine.
抱歉
l'm sorry...
我们还是当朋友比较好
...but l really need us to stay what we are.
我不想失去你这个最好的朋友
You're my best friend, and l can't lose that.
听着 我...
Hey. Look, l....
我占了酒醉女人的便宜 抱歉
l just took advantage of a drunk woman, and l'm sorry.
-你还能走路吗 -嘿
-Now, can you walk? -Hey!
当然能
l can.
嘿
Hey.
奥立佛 早安收到简讯回给我 爱你的妈
简讯传送中
凯萝班尼
Carol Bennell?
抱歉这么晚打扰你
l'm sorry to bother you so late.
户政事务所需要你回答一些问题
l need to ask you a few questions for the Census Department.
这个月在进行人口普查
We're doing a census of your district this month.
不是全面的户口调查只是逐户调查
Not the extended paper census, but a quick door-to-door version
更正资料
to update our records.
-怎么会这么晚才来 -赶期限
-At this time of night? -Deadline.
大家都加班 你是最后一户
We're working all night now. You're my last house.
我来过几次 这次才看到你的灯亮了
l saw your light. l came a few times.
水开了 我待会儿再回答你的问题
Listen, let me get that. And then you can ask me through the door.
嘿
Hey!
抱歉 线路忙线中请挂断再重拨
We're sorry. All circuits are busy. Please hang up and try your call again.
班
Hey, Ben.
是我
lt's me.
有一个人把我吓得半死
l just--Somebody just scared the shit out of me.
早安
Hey. Morning.
嘿
Hey.
-警♥察♥怎么说 -没说什么
-What did the police say? -Not that much.
-凯萝 别去上班 -不行 今天行程很满
-Carol, you're not going to work. -l've got back-to-backs all day.
至少吃个早餐 我做了煎饼
At least stay and have some breakfast. l cooked pancakes.
怎么了
What?
美国政♥府♥和伊♥拉♥克♥为了核武
The thawing in tension between Washington and Tehran...
产生的紧张关系
...over the enrichment of nuclear fuel was one of the first steps...
逐渐和缓...
...by the U.S. to relax years....
妈 早安 我正要去上学
Morning, Mom. On the way to school.
我还是很想你 爱你哦 拜
I still miss you. Love you. Bye.
抱歉我迟到了
Sorry l'm late.
蔻妮琼斯和克里斯库克都取消了
Courtney Jones canceled. So did Chris Cook.
温蒂林克呢
What about Wendy Lenk?
没有她的消息
l haven't heard from her.
也许是因为流感的关系
Maybe it's that flu going around.
我会打给她
l'll call her.
林克先生 这是班尼医师我想跟你太太讲话
Mr. Lenk, this is Dr. Bennell. l was hoping l could speak with your wife.
我打的是她的手♥机♥
This is her cell phone l'm calling.
她正在睡觉
She's asleep right now.
一切都还好吗