What do you believe was the result of treatment with this intoxicating drug?
那您认为服用这种麻♥醉♥药♥物, 产生的作用是什么?
Gambutrol locked Emily in the possessed state.
Gambutrol把Emily困在被恶魔附身的状态
This left her unable to respond to the exorcism...
使她不能对驱魔仪式有所反应
...and therefore, it directly contributed to her death.
因此直接导致了她的死亡
Thank you, doctor.
谢谢, 博士
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
I'm looking at a list of your published articles, doctor.
我翻了一下您的著作清单, 教授
You've been quite busy and prolific.
您很繁忙也很多产
So based on your time spent with Holy Roller snake-handlers...
那么根据您对圣罗拉控蛇人, 伏都教女祭司
...voodoo priestesses and Indians tripping on peyote buds...
以及印度人错误对待, 佩奥特仙人掌的态度的研究
...based on observing these bizarre individuals...
也根据您对所有这些古怪的东西的观察
...you've concluded that possession is...
您的结论为, 着魔是
...a basic, typical human experience?
人类的一种十分基本而典型的经历?
I must say, counselor...
我得说, 律师
...that's quite a laundry list of disdain...
您列的这份单子对我可是一种相当的侮辱
...and one that thoroughly mischaracterizes my research.
并完全误解了我的研究领域
No, I don't think possession is a typical experience.
不, 我不认为着魔是一种典型的经历
But I am convinced that it is a scientifically verified...
但是, 我确定它是一种能科学被鉴定并解释的
普遍文化现象
...culturally universal one.
Have you ever used Gambutrol in your studies...
您在研究中是否曾经用过Gambutrol
...to test your theory about its effect on the possession experience?
来验证您关于它对着魔状况有副作用的理论
Absolutely not. That would be dangerous to the patient.
当然没有, 那对患者来说是很危险的
所以Gambutrol把人困在着魔状态的说法
So this notion of Gambutrol locking someone in a possessed state...
...the key to your assertion that her medical treatment harmed Emily...
您的"药物治疗对Emily造成伤害"的观念
...this would be your own pet theory, correct?
只是您自己不成熟的理论?
-You're just making this one up? -Objection. Argumentative.
-可以说, 那只是你编造的? -反对, 强词夺理!
Sustained.
反对有效
Although I think he's just taking a page from your book, counselor.
尽管这样, 我想他还是引用了您说过的话, 律师
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Erin!
Erin!
I've got a doctor who wants to testify.
我找到了一个愿意出庭作证的医生
He's an eyewitness, Erin.
他是目击者, Erin!
He was there. He was at the exorcism.
他当时就在现场, 在驱魔现场!
-What? -He called us.
-什么? -是他联♥系♥我们的
Dr. Graham Cartwright, Department of Abnormal Psychiatry...
Graham·Cartwright
...at St. Mary's Hospital.
圣玛丽安医院精神科的医生
Dr. Cartwright. Ring a bell?
Cartwright医生, 记得吗?
Yes.
是的
He was there?
他当时在场?
-Yes. -Father...
-是的 -神父
...if you want me to defend you, you've got to give me...
您既然让我为您辩护, 你就得给我
...all the information I need.
所有我需要的信息
With all of this medical testimony helping the prosecution...
目前所有的医学证据都对公诉方有利
...how could you not tell me that a doctor attended the exorcism?
你怎能不告诉我有位医生参与了驱魔?
He asked that I keep his involvement confidential...
他让我对他的参与保密
...and I said I would.
我说我会的
Dr. Cartwright?
Cartwright医生?
I recognize you from those courtroom drawings on the news.
我记得在新闻中的法庭上看到过你
You're much prettier in real life.
现实看起来你漂亮多了
-May I sit? -Yes, please.
-我可以坐下么 -是的, 请
You're losing.
你要输官司了
I had hoped Father Moore wouldn't need me...
我原希望Moore神父不用需要我帮忙, 就能度过难关
...but I don't wanna see him put away.
但我不想看他进监狱
How do you know him?
你怎么认识他的?
Well, I was his parishioner at St. Vincent's Church...
我曾是圣文森教区的居民
...about 15 years ago.
那是15年前的事了
I hadn't seen or heard of him for years when he called me last fall.
在去年秋天他打电♥话♥之前, 我们有几年没有联♥系♥了
But he needed help, so...
但他告诉我他需要帮助, 所以
What kind of help, doctor?
什么样的帮助, 医生?
He wanted a medical perspective from a psychiatrist...
他需要一个精神病方面的专家来
...you know, one that he knew, trusted...
你知道, 得是一个他可以信任的人
...to observe Emily's physical and mental state during this...
来观察和记录过程中, Emily的身体与意识状况
During the exorcism.
驱魔仪式的过程?
Yeah.
是的
Doctor.
医生
Doctor.
医生
Can you help our case?
你可以帮助我们的案件么?
That girl was not schizophrenic...
这个女孩并没有什么精神分♥裂♥
...and she was not epileptic, or any combination of the two.
她也没有癫痫症状, 更不会是两者皆有
I've seen hundreds of people with those problems.
我见过几百个有这样情况的患者
They can be terrible afflictions, of course, but they don't scare me.
他们症状很严重, 但吓不到我
But what you saw that night in Emily, that did scare you.
那么那晚你看到的Emily, 却让你感到惊恐
God, if I'd known, I never would've been there.
老天啊, 如果我知道是那么可怕, 就绝对不会去了
I started praying again since then, you know.
自从经历了那次噩梦, 我又重新开始了祈祷
I examined that girl before I drove back to the city that night.
那晚回城之前我检查了那个女孩
She was lucid...
她很清醒
...and she was completely aware of this separate entity inside her.
她完全明白她体内存在着什么东西
When she wasn't in his grip, she was totally herself, completely normal.
当它不控制她的时候, 她还是她自己, 完全正常
The awareness of her alternate mental state is counterindicative of psychosis.
清楚知道自己精神异常, 这与精神病是相悖的
Crazy people don't know they're crazy.
疯子并不知道自己发疯
That's right.
对
You'll testify to all of this, in detail?
出庭作证时, 你能描述所有的细节么?
Everything you saw?
你看到的所有事情?
Send me the case files and tell me when to be in court.
把案子的资料给我, 并告诉我什么时候出庭
Thank you, doctor.
谢谢, 医生
We need this.
你解决了我们的燃眉之急
Before he was arrested, Father Moore sent this to me.
在被捕前, Moore神父把这个给了我
He asked me to take care of it.
他让我保管好这个
It's your burden now.
现在这个包袱就是你的了
One more thing. When you saw Emily...
还有一件事, 你去看Emily的时候
...did Father Moore ask you to give her any medical help?
Moore神父是否要求你给她, 一些医学上的帮助?
He was already trying to stop her from injuring herself and urging her to eat.
他已经在尝试让她停止伤害自己, 并强迫她吃东西
And I told him, as a doctor, I couldn't help her.
而我告诉他, 作为一个医生, 我帮不了她
Dr. Cartwright's going to testify.
Cartwright医生愿意出庭
Don't you get it?
你不明白么?
He's not just an eyewitness to the exorcism.
他不仅是驱魔仪式的目击者
He can also refute the prosecution's medical case. This is huge for us.
他的证词能够驳倒控诉方基于医学方面的证据, 这可是个大突破
When do I get to testify?
什么时候才能让我提供证词?
I don't know. Let's take this one step at a time.
我不知道, 让我们慢慢来
No.
不
What matters most is Emily's story, which only I can tell.
不, 最重要的是Emily的经历, 只有我最清楚
I understand.
我明白
Have you thought about what I said before?
你认真想过我之前对你说的话了么?
About dark forces and demonic attacks?
关于黑暗势力, 恶魔的侵袭
Yes, I have.
是的, 我想过
That day, after Briggs testified...
那天, 布鲁柯斯出庭作证后
...I was feeling awful.
我感觉很不好
And I went out for a walk just to clear my head...
我就想出去走走理理思绪
...and I was thinking about what you said to me. Thinking:
当时我正在思考着你对我说的话
"What if demons really do exist?"
如果魔鬼真的存在呢?
And wondering what that would mean if I believed that.
想着, 如果相信你的话, 对我将意味着什么
Because God knows, I have my own demons.
因为, 谁知道呢, 我也会有自己的恶魔
And I saw something lying on the sidewalk.
接着我看到人行道旁有东西闪了一下
It was a gold locket...
那是一块金色的盒坠
...with the initials ECB engraved on it.
上面标刻着ECB三个大写首字母缩写
My middle name is Christine.
我的中名是Christine
Erin Christine Bruner.
Erin·Christine·Bruner
And of all the people walking by that day, I found that locket.
那天有多少人走过那条街, 而发现它的却是我
What are the chances of that?
这几率有多小?
I don't know, maybe it was a sign.
我不清楚, 也许这是一种征兆
Or maybe it was just some incredible coincidence.
或者只是一种难以置信的巧合
But it made me feel...
但那让我觉得
...like no matter what mistakes I've made in the past...
不管过去我做错了什么
...at that moment, I was exactly where I was meant to be.
那时那刻我在做我该做的事
Like I was on the right path.
朝着正确的方向
You sound more like a mystic than an agnostic.
你听起来像是个神秘论者, 而不是无神论者
Are you wearing the locket now?
你现在戴着那个盒坠么?
No.
没有
You should.
你应该戴上它
The archdiocese doesn't want you to testify.
大主教不想让你提供证词
电影精选列表