Emily!
Emily!
You're the medical examiner?
您是验尸官吗?
Mr. Rose?
Rose先生?
I'm sorry, Mr. Rose...
很抱歉, Rose先生
...but I cannot state conclusively...
我的结论是
...that the cause of death was natural.
您女儿并非自然死亡
Your daughter, she...
你的女儿, 她
Excuse me, Father?
很抱歉, 神父?
Father Moore.
Moore神父
You'll have to come with me.
您得跟我们走一趟
-Father Moore! -Will you plead guilty?
-Moore神父! -你服罪吗?
-Tell us about the exorcism! -Over here, Father Moore!
-讲讲你是怎么驱魔的! -这里走, Moore神父
We're at Crescent County Courthouse. We show you Father Richard Moore...
我们现在位于新奥尔良郡法♥院♥, 直播关于Richard·Moore神父
-What about the parents? -They're not talking to the police.
-她的父母怎么样了? -他们没有和警♥察♥说什么
Do we charge them?
我们要起诉他们吗?
No. Even the priest admits he ran the show.
没办法, 甚至牧师说都是他一个人干的
We need a Christian on this.
我们需要这律师是个基♥督♥徒
Preferably a Catholic.
天主教♥徒♥或许是个更好的选择
Somebody that knows this shit inside out...
那个人得充分地了解这样的事情
...and who the public will see as unbiased.
也得到公众的信任, 以公平地解决问题
We're going after a holy man here.
我们得找个圣徒来接这份工作
Ethan Thomas.
Ethan·Thomas
He's not Catholic, though. Methodist, I think.
他虽不是天主教♥徒♥, 办事也从来默守成规
But the guy practically lives at church. Choir, teaches Sunday school.
但他几乎是住在教会, 他是唱诗班的一员, 也有教授主日学校
He's no choirboy in the courtroom. I've seen him tear people up.
在法庭上可看不出他像个唱诗员, 我见过他把人逼得哑口无言的样子
He's a shrewd son of a bitch.
真冷酷得要命
All right, pull him off whatever he's doing. He's lead prosecutor.
好的, 让他无论如何放下手上的活, 全力处理这个案子
There's ambition. She never stops. She even works while she drinks.
这位女士可是雄心壮志, 似乎从未停歇, 甚至在喝酒时也不放下工作
-Gentlemen, you know Erin Bruner. -Of course.
-先生们, 你们听说过Erin·Bruner吧 -当然
-Hello. -I was so sure Van Hopper would fry...
-你们好 -我本来确信Van·Hopper要坐电椅
...but you proved me wrong, lady.
但是你却证明我错了, 女士
The system worked, that's all.
法制如此, 按规办事罢了
Gentlemen, you'll excuse us, will you?
先生们, 原谅我们离开一下?
Have you seen the news about this priest?
看了这则关于牧师新闻么?
I heard something about an exorcism gone bad, but I don't know the details.
我听说了些关于驱魔失败的传闻, 但还不了解细节
The DA charged him with negligent homicide.
地方警署控告他过失杀人
They offered a very reasonable plea bargain, but the priest turned it down.
他们提出的从轻发落的交换条件很通情达理, 但是牧师拒绝了
Do not ask me to take this...
别开口让我接这个案子
The archdiocese specifically requested you.
大主教特别指定要你出庭
-Why me? -They followed the Van Hopper trial.
-为什么是我 -参考了Van·Hopper的案子后
They think you're smart...
他们认为你很精明
...and convincing.
你的证词也很有说服力
They want you to ask the priest to reconsider.
他们希望你能说服牧师接受他们的建议
Well, what if he won't?
如果他不答应呢?
This sounds like a quagmire. If I'm smart, I'll leave it alone.
这听起来像是个死胡同, 如果我真像他们说的那么精明, 我才不会管呢
Erin, the Van Hopper case got you back on the fast track.
Erin, Van·Hopper的案子让你再次成为瞩目的新星
Once again, you're a rising star.
但再说一次, 你还是只一个后起之秀
-Chivas, neat, please. -Tanqueray martini, dry.
-芝华士, 不搀水 -添加利·干马天尼
-What are you saying? -I'm saying, you do this for me...
-你到底想我怎么样 -我的意思是如果你能为我接了这个案子
...and the rising star keeps rising.
那么后起之秀的名号♥就还能那么响亮
The case is yours.
这个案子适合你来
And just how high do I get to rise this time?
搞定这次, 能对我的前途有什么好处?
I've been junior partner for too long now, Karl.
次要合伙人这位置我呆得够久了, Karl
-It's not like other firms haven't called. -Erin...
-你了解我俩合伙的价值! -Erin
I want my name on the door, right next to yours.
我要有我自己的办公室, 就在你的旁边
Okay.
没问题
Try to get the deal.
好吧, 努力让牧师接受警方条件
If the priest won't and this goes to trial...
如果牧师不愿意, 并且坚持上法庭解决
...the archdiocese feels he could be an embarrassment.
也许他的证词会让大主教很尴尬
So under no circumstances is he to testify.
所以无论如何都不能让他发言
No, of course. If I'd put Van Hopper on the stand...
不, 当然, 如果我那时让Van·Hopper上证人席
...he'd be marking time on death row instead of sunbathing in Miami.
现在他就得在死囚区等死, 而不是, 那么逍遥地在迈阿密晒日光浴
His tab.
他来付
Good morning, I'm Erin Bruner.
早上好, 我是Erin·Bruner
May I sit down?
我可以坐下吗?
They brought the chair for my public defender.
这个位置是为我的公设律师准备的
I guess they left it when they decided I wasn't going to kill myself with it.
我想他们是在确定我不会用这把椅子来自杀后, 才勉强肯留下它的
My firm represents the archdiocese.
我的事务所有为大主教服务
Yes.
好的
Yes, I was expecting them to send someone.
是的, 我正想他们应该派人来
-Why did they choose you? -I wanted this case.
-为什么他们选择你来? -我对这个案子很有兴趣
-So you like the spotlight? -I'm used to it.
-那你是喜欢记者们的闪光灯了 -早已经习惯了
I defended James Van Hopper.
我曾为James·Van·Hopper辩护
And now you've come to further your celebrity.
那么现在你来是为了进一步提高你的知名度?
No.
不
I'm here to make senior partner at my firm.
搞定这个案子我就有机会坐上事务所, 资深合伙人的位置
-Are you a Catholic? -No.
-你是天主教♥徒♥么? -不
I'm an agnostic, I guess. I'm not really sure.
我想我是不可知论者, 我也不是很肯定
If you're not sure, then you are one.
如果你不很确定, 那就算是了
I don't think you're the right attorney. I'll stick with my public defender.
我认为你不是接我这案子的合适人选, 我还是坚持让我的公设律师来
He can't get the DA to get you a better deal. I can.
他不能让警署给你开出更好的条件, 而我能
I won't be making any plea agreement.
我不会接受任何辩诉交易的
If you don't, the archdiocese won't post your bail.
如果你不接受的话, 大主教是不会为你保释的
You'll be stuck in here for the trial.
你就只能呆在这里, 直到接受传讯
Do you understand how long they can put you away?
你知道他们要会让你在这鬼地方呆多久吗?
It's been explained to me.
我已经大致了解了
The DA's office doesn't like it when religion holds itself above the law.
警署可不喜欢让宗教信仰凌驾于法律之上
And this prosecutor, Ethan Thomas?
关于这个控诉律师, Ethan·Thomas
You're gonna need somebody hungry and smart...
你得找个渴望胜利, 聪明
...and aggressive to even have a chance.
而又好斗的家伙和他对着干, 才有机会
What would your strategy be to defend me against such a formidable man?
你决定为我辩护的话, 会制定什么样的策略来对付这个麻烦的家伙
-That depends. -On what?
-那得看情况了 -什么?
On how you wanna be defended.
得看你想怎样来证明自己无罪
What's your main concern, other than staying out of jail?
除了避免入狱, 还有什么能让你那么在意?
-Is it how you're being portrayed? -I don't care about my reputation.
-是媒体的那些报道吗? -我并不在乎我的名誉
I'm not afraid of jail.
我也不惧怕入狱
What I care about is telling Emily Rose's story.
我要让大家知道发生, 在Emily·Rose身上的故事
I want people to hear what only I can tell.
我要让大家从唯一了解事情的我这里得到真♥相♥
And what is that?
到底是什么?
What really happened to Emily...
在Emily身上发生的事
...and why.
和事情的缘由
If I let you defend me...
如果我同意让你为我辩护
...will you promise to let me testify and tell the truth about what happened?
你是否能保证让我为自己作证, 并亲口讲述事情真♥相♥?
And what is the truth you would tell? That the ritual killed her?
你所要说的事实真♥相♥是什么, 驱魔仪式才是她死亡的原因?
-Was it your fault she died? -No.
-她的死是你的责任吗? -不
All right. Then I'll let you tell her story.
那好吧, 我会让你亲自讲述她的故事
But only if you agree to let me do whatever else it takes to win.
但你得同意让我来全权负责和把握, 不管用什么方法来打赢官司
You're not used to this kind of place.
在这样的地方, 你一定呆得不习惯
I'm sure our life is very strange to you.
我们的生活对你来说定是很奇怪的
Not so strange.
还可以的
I grew up in a little town.
我也是在一个小镇长大的
But our house wasn't as nice or as big as this.
但是我们的房♥子不像你们的那么大那么漂亮
My mother, she raised me alone.
我的母亲是独自把我带大的
She was a schoolteacher, so we had very little money.
她是个小学教师, 所以我们也过得很简朴
What a wonderful thing to be.
多好的职业啊
That was Emily's dream, to be a teacher.
成为一名老师可是Emily的梦想
That's why she went away to the university.
她就是为了这样的理想才上了大学
A lot of cats live here.
这里有好多猫咪啊
There are...
有
...11 now, I think.
我想现在有11只
Emily always brought them home.
Emily总是会带它们回家
Ever since she was a little girl, she couldn't leave a stray abandoned.
在还是个小姑娘的时候, 她就不能忍♥心让, 这些迷路的小家伙们露宿街头
Before these troubles began...
在这些麻烦之前
...was Emily a happy girl?
Emily快乐么?
Oh, yes.
是的
Before she went away to university...
在她去上大学之前
...my Emily was so very happy.
我的Emily是那么的开朗活泼
What is going on...? Girls!
你们在干什么, 孩子们?
Mama.
妈妈
Is it...?
这是?
电影精选列表