...that if found guilty, he would be sentenced immediately.
如果他被认定有罪, 他希望能够立即宣判
Yes, I recall that.
是的, 我记起来了
Does the prosecution have any objection to expedited sentencing?
起诉方对于立即宣判有异议吗?
Very well.
很好
Father Richard Moore, do you understand this sentence...
Richard·Moore神父, 你是否理解本项宣判
-... which has been found against you? -Yes, Your Honor.
-是针对你的? -是的, 法官大人
And do you understand the gravity of this crime?
你是否明白本项罪名的严重性?
That you may, under the law, be sentenced to a term of up to 10 years?
依据法律, 你有可能, 被判入狱最长10年?
Yes, I do.
是的, 我明白
Are there any statements you wish to make...
你有什么话想要说吗
...before I impose this sentence?
在判决执行之前?
-No, Your Honor. -Very well.
-没有, 法官大人 -很好
Excuse me, Your Honor...
抱歉, 法官大人
...but the jury would like to make a recommendation...
但是陪审团, 想要提出一个建议
-... regarding the sentence. -Objection.
-有个判决的建议 -反对
Sit down, counselor.
坐下, 诉方律师
It's only a recommendation, and I would like to hear it.
只是个建议, 而且我想听听
We recommend a sentence of time served.
我们建议以神父已被拘留的时间, 作为他的刑期
I'll accept that.
我接受那个建议
You are guilty, Father Moore.
Moore神父, 你被判有罪
And you are free to go.
但是你可以自♥由♥的离开了
-This court is dismissed. -All rise.
-本庭解散 -全体起立
Thank you.
谢谢
Well, you shocked us all.
你深深地震撼了我们一回
Everyone at the firm sees this as another victory.
事务所里的每个人, 都认为这是又一个胜利
The archdiocese is pleased.
大主教区的人很高兴
They feel the trial has raised public interest in the Church.
他们感觉本次审判, 提升了人们对于教堂的兴趣
Have you seen the news?
你看到了那些新闻了吗?
There's our priest, leaving the courthouse a free man...
我们的那位牧师, 站在你身边
...right next to you.
自♥由♥地离开了法庭
Just like James Van Hopper.
就像James·Van·Hopper
All right, I'll say it. I was wrong.
好吧, 我不得不说, 我错了
But I'm ready to make it right.
但是我要把错误纠正过来
I'm offering you a full partnership in the firm.
我正式提供你事务所的, 资深合伙人契约
Keep it.
省省吧
Will you be able to return to your parish?
你能回到你的教区吗?
I can't go back.
我不能回去
Not now.
不是现在
Once you've looked into the darkness...
一旦你见识到了黑暗
...I think you carry it with you for the rest of your life.
我想你就要负担一辈子
What about you?
你呢?
I believe you've seen the darkness too.
我相信你也看到黑暗
I don't know.
我不知道
I'm not sure what I've seen.
我不确定我看到了什么
-Who chose the epitaph? -I did.
-谁选的墓志铭? -我选的
It's from the second chapter of Philippians, verse 12.
是腓力比书12节
Emily recited it to me the night before she died.
Emily在她死去那晚为我读了这段
正如Emily预料那样, 她的故事影响了许多人,
她的墓地已成为了非官方的圣地, 吸引了很多来自世界各地的参观者
Moore神父在审判后隐居, 并拒绝就他的有罪判决进行上诉, 他认为: "这是上帝的事, 世俗法♥院♥无权进行审决"
Erin·Bruner跟一个医药研究界的专家, 以及人类学专家分享了本案的情况,
研究并出版了有关Emily·Rose生与死的情况, 并且由此产生了制♥作♥本影片的灵感
电影精选列表