我们在厢房♥里
We're in a wing.
它离妇女和修女很远
It's isolated from the women and nuns.
他在大厅尽头的一个房♥间里
He's in a room down the end of the hall...
怀疑托马斯
...doubting Thomas.
什么都不相信
Doesn't believe in anything.
我不该那么说的
I shouldn't have said that.
主教不想听这个
The bishop doesn't wanna hear that.
我们来这里是来搞清楚事实的
Because we were sent here for facts.
早上3:10 我刚被发现的迹象惊醒....
It's ten past 3:00 in the morning and I was just woken up by the signs of...
看
See.
采访莱利神父
Interview with Father Riley.
你对神迹的第一感受是什么?
What was your first experience with the miraculous?
我从没有过这样的体验
I've never had an experience with the miraculous.
你对邪恶的第一感受是什么?
What was your first experience with evil?
这什么意思?
What is this all about, John?
我已经做神父25年了 孩子
I've been doing this for 25 years, son.
我去过世界各地
I've been all around the world.
但我所看到的魔鬼总是人类
But the evil I've seen has always been the humankind.
在这世界上又或者下一个
There's no evil in this world or the next...
没有什么比人类的手更邪恶了
...that can surpass that done by human hand.
这也同样适用于奇迹
And that goes for the miracles as well.
哦 我看到过移♥动♥的雕像
Oh, I've seen moving statues.
在葡萄牙的时候 我曾看到圣母站在白色的屋顶上
I've seen Our Lady Herself standing on the white rooftops, Portugal.
我曾看到水变成了酒
I've seen water turned into wine.
但我所见过的所有奇迹 约翰……
But all the miracles I've seen, John...
你需要注意这个……
...you need to pay heed to this...
都可能是骗术
...can all be explained by the trickster.
欺诈
Fraud.
只是一些会江湖骗术的牧师罢了
Just some priest with a magic lantern.
可是我们不愿意去相信 不是吗?
But we don't wanna believe that, do we?
这更有趣?相信的话就没那么可怕 对吧?
It's more fun, isn't it? Less scary, isn't it...
又或者让我们自己去相信这是另一回事?
...to believe, or make ourselves believe that it's something else?
但事实并非如此
But it isn't.
-这是什么?-听着
- What's this? - Just listen.
所以呢?
So?
你觉得这听起来像什么?
So what do you think that sounded like?
我不知道 可能有些女孩在恶作剧吧 肯定是
I don't know. Probably some girls up to devilment, no doubt.
你认为嬷嬷能让她们这么吵闹着离开吗....
And you think the Mother Superior would let the girls get away with that type of racket...
还是在凌晨3点?
...at 3 o'clock in the morning?
也许她睡得太死了吧
Maybe she's a heavy sleeper.
我已经在眼睛后面采集了树脂样本
I've already taken samples of the resin at the back of the eye...
和一种化合物一起 被我
...and they're sitting in a jar in my room...
放在我房♥间里的一个罐子里
...with a chemical compound.
如果树脂是 呃 是这血液的原因
If the resin is, uh, the cause of the blood...
反正我们很快就会知道的
...then we'll know soon enough.
可能今晚
Tonight probably.
与此同时 我试图排除这种可能性
In the meantime, I'm trying to rule out the possibility...
就可能是有人在背后操纵....
...of deliberate m... manipulation.
欺诈我们
Fraud.
要确保没有机械装置……
By making sure that there's no mechanism...
或者管子在雕像的头部
...or tubing inside the head of the statue.
对吧?
Is that alright?
如果树脂是正常的……
And if the resin's normal...
在雕像中没有任何机械 那又怎么解释呢?
...and, uh, there's no mechanism in the statue, then what?
那 我就得搞清楚
Well, then I'll just have to figure out...
除此之外 还能做些什么呢?
...how else it could have been done.
所以如果这真的是一个奇迹呢?我的意思是 也许这是一个奇迹?
And would you not be telling us if it was a miracle? I mean, maybe it is a miracle?
-不可能 -你怎么知道?
- It isn't. - How do you know?
因为从来都没有
Because it never is.
你还有其他……
Do you have any more...
亵渎神明的行为
Blasphemy.
只要按一个
Just press one.
这是犹太人过去在泰瑞辛集中营里唱的弥撒曲
This is the mass that the Jews used to sing at Terezin Concentration Camp.
但它是一首弥撒曲?它不是
- But it's a mass? - It's not a mass.
这是在黑暗中发出的一声呐喊
It's a cry in the dark.
威尔第并非天主教♥徒♥
Verdi was no Catholic.
虽受受洗 但并非天主教♥徒♥
Baptized but no Catholic.
有点像你自己 对吗 托马斯?
A bit like yourself, would you say, Thomas?
你是那个利用教会资源非法贩卖♥♥唱片的人
You're the one who's bootlegging records with church resources.
女人不允许在那里唱弥撒曲
Women weren't allowed there to sing mass.
威尔第曾写信给教皇 请求特别豁免
Verdi wrote to the pope asking for a special dispensation.
所以你看到……
So you see...
它是一首弥撒曲 但又不是弥撒曲
...it's a mass but not a mass.
这就是对既定秩序的挑战
The whole thing is a challenge to the set order.
这就是它是你的最爱的缘由?
And that's why it's your favorite?
这可能就是你喜欢软弱无力 托马斯?没有缘由的反抗?
It's a soft one that you might like, Thomas? Rebel without a cause?
那是我的最爱 因为它很美
It's my favorite because it's beautiful.
看 它很漂亮 因为它充满挑战
Look, it's beautiful because it's challengin'.
所以你的意思是有时候规则应该被打破?
So you're saying that sometimes rules should be broken?
有时是的 一般不是
Sometimes, yes. Not very often.
所以你不会告诉教皇我们利用教会的资源来私卖♥♥你的唱片吧?
So you won't tell the bishop we used church resources to bootleg your records then?
擅用教会资源可不是你所能做的最坏的事情
This use of church resources isn't the worst thing you could be doing.
哦 是时候该走了
Oh, it's getting going now.
重新开始 约翰
Go back to the start, John.
这是第二晚
It's the second night...
8点46分
...8:46 p.m.
-…把他的左腿…-喂?
- ...take him by the left leg... - Hello?
一旦他在底部 试着…
Once he's at the bottom, try and...
…把他的左腿…
...take him by the left leg...
长腿老神父不能说他的…
Old Father Long-Legs can't say his...
什么鬼?
What?
他们会杀了你的
They're gonna kill you.
我睡不着
I can't sleep.
每次我闭上眼睛 恐怕我又要见到那个小女孩了
Because every time I close my eyes, I'm afraid I'm gonna see that little girl again.
我告诉了莱利神父 但他不相信我所看到的
I told Father Riley, but he didn't believe me about what I saw.
晚上 有孩子……
And, uh, at night, there are children...
在走廊里玩
...playin' in the hallway.
这房♥子怪蹊跷的
There is something going on in this house.
长腿老神父不能祷告
Old Father Long-Legs can't say his prayers.
拉着他的左腿 扔下楼
Take him by the left leg and throw him down the stairs.
一旦他在最底层……
Once he's at the bottom...
“长腿神父 长腿神父”
# Father Long-Legs, Father Long-Legs ##
神父
Father!
托马斯
Thomas!
托马斯
Thomas!
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
这里不应该有孩子
There's not supposed to be any children here.
-你喝酒了?-没有
- You've been drinking? - No.
-你偷了圣酒?-没有
- You sneaking the altar wine? - No.
你在做梦 约翰
You were dreaming, John.
昨晚你真的什么都没听到吗?
Did you really not hear anything last night?
如果你想问一些愚蠢的问题
If you're gonna ask silly questions like that...
我宁愿你拿着你的相机 呃 你拍了其他地方吗
...I'd rather you took your camera and, uh, did your filmin' somewhere else.
不 你不相信任何事
No. You don't believe in anything.
你为什么会是个牧师?
Why are you a priest?
因为我的兄弟是个医生……
Because my brother, the doctor...
…我妈妈很喜欢他
...was my mommy's favorite.
好吧 你到底想让我说什么?
Well, what do you expect me to say?
这是一个诚恳的问题 至少 你应该对这个想法持开放态度
It's a genuine question. At the very least, you should be open to the idea...
上帝想要和我们交流
...of God trying to communicate with us here on Earth.
我很开明 但发生在这里的事情不是
I am, but that's not what's happenin' here.
你怎么知道?
But how do you know?
好了
Alright.
好了
Alright.
你想知道我为什么成为一名牧师吗?
You wanna know why I became a priest?
我成为了一名牧师 是因为我想成为一个好人
I became a priest because I wanted to be a good man.
我想要离上帝更近 但事实并非如此
I wanted to get closer to God. But that's not what happened.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
看看你周围 约翰
Look around you, John.
你认为上帝在这里吗?
Do you think God is here in this place?
电影精选列表