已经轻松一点了吧
It gets a bit easier.
虽然这并不轻松
It's never easy, though.
你干这行多久了?
How long have you been doing it for?
这是什么问题?
What kind of a question is that?
对不起
I'm sorry.
谢谢 -不必
Thanks. -No problem.
我能坐么?
May I?
可以 请随意
Yeah, be my guest.
有些人装死 而我却假装活着
Some people fake their deaths. I'm faking my life.
那你可做得真不赖
You're doing a good job.
我想给你看点东西
I want to show you something.
我很乐意舔你的大鸡鸡
I would really love to suck your cock.
哈利路亚
Hallelujah.
嗨 露西
Hi, Lucy.
什么时候了?
What time is it?
早晨了
It's morning.
要点什么吗?
Can I get you anything?
咖啡?
Coffee?
好 咖啡 谢谢
Yeah, coffee. Thanks.
嘿 博德曼?
Hey, Birdmann?
你会娶我吗?
Will you marry me?
会的
Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
不必 -你真好
Not at all. -It's very kind of you.
没事的
It's a pleasure.
谢谢
Thanks.
我想我准备好了
I'm ready, I think.
差不多准备好了
I think I'm nearly ready
我们该把你送回戒毒所去了
We can get you back into detox.
我有能力了 我有钱
I could, I'm flush.
谢谢
Thank you.
我觉得我这次熬不过去了
I don't think I'd make it this time.
你能的
You could.
你信么?
Do you believe that?
我不知道
I don't know.
沙漠袋貂
Sandhill Dunnart.
夜行的濒危动物
Nocturnal and endangered.
一种有袋类老鼠
A marsupial mouse.
应该很快就会灭绝了
Thought to be extinct until recently.
它们的主要天敌是猫头鹰和蝙蝠
Its main predators include owls and bats.
在成为稀有动物之前 人们对它知之甚少
Little is known about the animal due to its rarity.
他们以昆虫为食 偶而吃肉
First they eat insects but will also eat meat on occasion.
拥有食肉的尖利牙齿
Sharp, carnivore's teeth.
受到惊吓的沙漠袋貂会发出很大的叫声
Scared, Sandhill Dunnart will make a loud noise...
同时采取攻击性的姿势
as it moves into an offensive position.
事实上
What it really is...
沙漠袋貂
the Sandhill Dunnart...
是一种缩小版 更强力的袋鼠
is a miniature, a more tenacious kangaroo.
嗨 托马斯 好久不见
Hi, Thomas. No time, no hear.
我乐意去做我能做的事 试试吧
I'd be happy to do what I can, try me.
什么?
Sorry?
多久?
For how long?
就这样?
That's it?
多少钱?
How much?
好的 我懂了
OK yes. Yeah, I understand.
拜拜
OK. Bye.
嗨 -下午好
Hey. -Good afternoon.
进来吧 兑现诺言
Come in. Come through.
欢迎来我家
Welcome to my home.
但愿旅途不会太疲惫
I hope the trip wasn't too grueling.
挺好的 谢谢 -太好了
No, it was fine. Thank you. -Wonderful.
你应该想冲个澡洗去旅途疲惫吧
Perhaps you'd like a shower to refresh you after your long drive.
走廊右边的尽头有间浴室
There's a bathroom at the end of the corridor on the right.
门后有浴袍
You'll find a robe behind the door.
别把头发弄湿
Oh, and try not to let your hair get wet.
好
Sure.
我弄好了
I'm ready.
你感觉还好吧? -什么?
Are you feeling well? -Pardon?
你身体还好吧?
Are you in good health?
很好
Yeah, I'm fine.
你会睡着 然后醒来
You're going to sleep and wake up.
这几个小时会像不存在一样
It'd be as if these hours never existed.
甚至连梦都不做一个
You won't even dream.
在你醒来的一两个小时内你会感到轻微的
For an hour or two after you wake you'll feel, yes, slightly...
无力感 但是一会儿就好了
groggy, but then fine.
完全正常
Perfectly fine.
那还没有宿醉来得痛苦呢
Not nearly as bad as a hangover.
这种睡眠功效奇特
Such a sleep works wonders.
你会感觉到
You'll feel...
深深的无力感
profoundly groggy.
谢谢 克拉拉
Thank you, Clara.
几个月前 发生了件奇怪的事
A few months ago, a strange thing happened.
我在书架中随意翻看些东西 看见一本书
I was idling through my bookshelves, when I noticed a book...
是我一次生日的时候 我哥哥送的
my brother's once given me for my birthday.
是本短篇小说集
A collection of short stories.
我开始重读其中一篇
Well, I started to reread one of those stories.
讲的是一个人
It was about a man,
某天早上醒来 就没法...
who one morning wakes up and cannot...
自己起床了
bring himself to get out of bed.
他出于自我防卫心理闭上了眼
He shuts his eyes is self defense.
重新审视了自己的生活
He reexamines his life.
陷入了坐立不安的境地
He's seized with a restlessness.
他收拾好行李 抛却了一切束缚
He packs his bags, cuts all ties,
他已经无法在熟人圈中继续生活了
he can no longer live among the people he knows.
他们抛弃了他
They paralyze him.
他很富有 于是去了罗马
He's monied, he goes to Rome.
他希望像根系一样深深埋在地下
He wants to burrow under the earth like a bulb, like a root.
但即便在罗马 他也避不开那些认识的人
But even in Rome he cannot escape people from his former life.
于是他决定回到那个从小长大的城市去
So, he decides to return to the city where he was born and educated...
但是也很难称之为"家"
but which he can't quite bring himself to call home.
搬家毫无作用
Well, the move doesn't help.
他觉得除非是落叶归根 否则没资格回去
He feels he has no more right to return than a dead man.
他能做什么呢?他渴求能彻底解决这个难题
What can he do? He desires an extreme solution to his conundrum.
他所渴望的无非是一个新世界 新方式
He aches for nothing less than a new world, a new language.
一切都如过去一样
Nothing changes.
出于他们的冷漠 他也想不出更好的办法
Out of indifference, and because he can't think of anything better to do...
他决心再一次离开家乡 去搭车
he decides once more to leave his hometown, to do some hitching.
一个男人让他上了车
A man picks him up,
他们驶入了夜色中...
they ride off into the night...
"彭"地一声 车撞到了墙上
when "bang", the car smacks into a wall.
司机死了 而我们的主角因骨折住院了
The driver dies, our man is hospitalized, broken up.
几个月后 他的伤好了
Months pass, his wounds heal.
现在他渴望生活
Now he wishes for life.
他有自信了 对无需解释的事也有信心了
He has a confidence in himself, in things he doesn't have to explain.
这些东西就像毛孔一般 触手可及
Things like the pores in his skin, all things corporeal.
他迫不及待地要离开医院 远离这些病患
He can't wait to get out of the hospital, away from the infirm and the moribund.
"我跟你说"
"I say unto thee, "
"站起来走走 你并没有骨折"
"rise up and walk. None of your bones are broken."
故事结束
The end.
我重读这些文字的时候
When I reread those words...
"站起来走走 你并没有骨折"
"Rise up and walk. None of your bones are broken"...
我感到了莫大的悲哀
I felt a tremendous sadness.
你知道这个故事的开篇是什么吗?
Do you know what the opening line of the story is?
"人到了30岁时"
"When a man enters his 30th year,"
"大家就会一直叫他年轻人"
"people will not stop calling him young".
30岁
30.
这本书是我30岁的生日礼物
I'd been given the book for my thirtieth birthday.
巴♥赫♥曼的《三十而立》
"The Thirtieth Year" by Ingeborg Bachmann.
我有所耳闻的
So I had heard.
还有大家告诫我的
I had been told.