我不知道,
That, I don't know,
但我可以告诉你如何用。
but I can show you what it does.
好吧。
All right.
所以,这个游戏…
So, this game...
真的是一种有趣的击倒东西的方式
is really just a fun way of knocking things down.
看到了吗?是的。
See? Yeah.
我相信你小时候也玩过这样的游戏,不是吗?
I'm sure you had games like this when you were a kid, no?
我们有滚球撞柱游戏,九柱滚球戏...之类的游戏…
We had skittles, nine pins... That sort of thing...
但大多数时候我们只是自己做玩具。
But mostly we just made our own toys.
像什么?
Like what?
嗯…
Um...
太神奇了。
That's amazing.
你得教我怎么做。
You have to show me how to do that.
你们俩在干什么?
What are you two doing?
嘿,给他看。再来一次,再来一次。
Hey, show him. Do it again, do it again.
听听这个
Listen to this.
真不错
Impressive.
我累了。
But I'm tired.
我明天去见你们俩。
I'll see the two of you tomorrow.
晚安。哦!嗯,爸爸,
Goodnight. Oh! Um, Dad,
你能帮我把亨利抱上♥床♥吗?
will you carry Henry to bed for me, please?
可以。——谢谢。晚安。
- Sure. - Thank you. Goodnight.
晚安。
Goodnight.
好了,过来,你得教我怎么做。
Okay, come here, you have to show me how to do that now.
——当然。-我想知道诀窍。
- Certainly. - I want to know the trick.
——好的。——好的。
- Okay. - Okay.
你用两个拇指夹住草叶,
You hold the blade of grass between your two thumbs,
-像这样,夹紧。——嗯。
- like so, quite taut. - Mm-hmm.
然后吹。
And then you just blow.
听起来像鸭子叫。
Sounds like a duck call.
早....
Morning.
好了,准备好了吗?
All right, so, are you ready?
是吗?那边?好吧。
Yeah? That way? Okay.
看到我是怎么做的了吗?
Do you see how I did that?
利用冲力
By using momentum.
现在你试一试。
Now you try.
好吧。你学到了吗?你要攻击我吗,里普?
Okay. What you got? You gonna come at me, Rip?
注意偷袭
Watch the strike.
转过来,前行,抓住,
Transfer, walk, grab,
退后
step behind.
哦!
Oh!
哦!
Oh!
啊!是啊!
Ah! Yeah!
不。我不认识朝圣者。
No. I didn't know the pilgrims.
你觉得我多大了?
How old do you think I am?
根据你的说法,真的很老了。
Uh, according to you, really old.
答案仍然是否定的。
Well, the answer's still no.
谢谢你请我吃饭。
Thank you so kindly for the meal.
不客气
You're welcome.
嘿。家庭作业。
Hey. Homework.
非常感谢你所做的一切。
Thank you so much for everything you've done.
真的,我没想到我们能
Really, I didn't think we would be able
完成这一季的所有工作。
to get it all done this season.
这是我的荣幸。
It has been my pleasure.
嗯
Mm.
可以吗?
May I?
啊,是的,当然。
Ah, yeah, of course.
你一定很想念你的朋友和家人。
You must be missing some of your friends and family.
是的。
Yes.
有几个人我很想念。
There are a few people I miss very much.
你结婚了吗?
You married?
我一直没时间恋爱
I never found much time for courtship.
好吧,我们还年轻。
Well, we're still young.
是吗?
We are?
是啊!
Yeah!
我在城里的闺蜜们
My girlfriends in the city,
他们把事业放在婚姻和孩子之前。
they put their career before marriage and kids.
我的意思是,他们根本不会考虑婚姻
I mean, they won't even think about it
直到他们觉得
until they feel like
他们已经站稳了脚跟。
they've really established themselves.
我承认,我刚来的时候,
I admit, when I first arrived,
我发现自己……
I have found myself...
对这些新的社会结构感到惊讶。
amazed by these new societal constructs.
毫无疑问。
No doubt.
女人穿裤子投票,做男人的工作……
Women wear trousers and vote, and labor at men's jobs...
嗯,是的,我们可以
Mm. Yes, we do,
同样的,非常感谢。
and just as well, thank you very much.
和任何人一样能干。
As ably as any man could.
——是的。-然而,
- Yep. - And yet still,
拥有完美的女性特质。
with no less than the perfect essence of womanhood.
这让我意识到…
It has stirred in me a-a realization...
嗯?
Hmm?
从前有一个叫托马斯·杰斐逊的人。
There once was a man named Thomas Jefferson.
他是一位伟大的政♥治♥家和哲学家。
He was a great statesman and philosopher.
我知道托马斯·杰斐逊是谁。
I know who Thomas Jefferson was.
嗯,当然。
Well, of course.
高贵的杰斐逊先生鼓动我们的人♥民♥争取自♥由♥
The noble Mr. Jefferson stirred our people to freedom
通过宣布人人生而平等。
by declaring that all men are created equal.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
然而,
However,
在我看来,现在很明显他的声明有缺陷。
it seems quite evident to me now that his declaration was flawed.
如果他认识莎拉·梅杰斯,
Had he known Sarah Majors,
他应该在宣言中包括妇女。
he should have included women in his proclamation.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
所以,嗯…嗯哼。
So, um... ahem.
有一个…
There's a...
我联♥系♥了
there's a doctor
纽约医学院的
at New York College of Medicine and Technology
一名医生
who I contacted.
我跟她提过你。
I told her about you.
她对你的故事很感兴趣
And she's very interested in your story
很想见你。
and very curious to meet you.
是吗?
Truthfully?
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
嘿。
Hey.
我知道,我知道。家庭作业。
I know, I know. Homework.
我想把这个给你。
I want you to have this.
这是一个玩具。
It's a toy.
你可以先玩玩它,
You can play with it,
这样你就不用害怕真正的拖拉机了。
and then you won't have to be afraid of the real tractor.
那太好了。
That's very kind.
也许你可以这样想。
And then maybe you could think of everything like that.
拖拉机、卡车、直升机……就好像它们只是大玩具而已。
Tractors, trucks, helicopters... Like they're all just big toys.
我非常想和你的专家谈谈。
I would like, very much, to talk to your expert.
好吧。
Okay.
我已经很久没来过这个城市了。
It's been a long time since I've been to the city.
好吧,关于这个,我想警告你,
Okay, on that, I just want to warn you,
纽约发生了一些变化。
New York has changed a little bit.
百老汇还在吗?
Is Broadway still there?
是的……
Yes...
我有次从炮台一路走来
I once walked all the way from the Battery
到格林威治村。
to Greenwich Village.
那些地方还在吗?
Are those places still there?
是的……
Yes...
穿过利斯本纳的草地,经过曼哈顿……
Through Lispenard's Meadow, past the Manhattan well...
我知道看起来会不一样,但我准备好了。
I know it will look different, but I'm prepared.
好吧,我只是不想让你大吃一惊。
Okay, I just don't want you to freak out.
“大吃一惊”?
"Freak out"?
这就是我说的大吃一惊。
So this is what I meant by freaking out.
——我明白了。嗯。
- I see. - Mm.
电影精选列表