这个把手铰接在上面。
on which this handle hinged.
亚麻收获的时候
When the flax was harvested,
他们会把它拉过这些木板条
they would draw it across these wooden slats
同时反复拉下这个把手
while bringing this handle down repeatedly.
它会破坏亚麻植物的纤维,
It would break up the fibers of the flax plants,
经过梳理
so they could be carded,
然后纺成线,再织成亚麻布。
and spun into thread, then woven into linen.
还有你要买♥♥的东西,夫人,
And that item you are about to buy, madam,
那
that...
也不是他所说的那种农具。
is not a farming implement, as he stated.
这是一个孩子的玩具……
It is a child's toy...
它坏了。
and it is broken.
失陪了,我听到手♥机♥响了。
Uh, if you'll excuse me, I can hear my phone ringing.
希望这个人知道他们在说什么。
Hopefully it's someone who knows what they're taking about.
显然你不喜欢。
You obviously don't.
哦太棒了!
Oh! That was amazing!
我从没见过韦伦这么尴尬。
I have never seen Waylon so embarrassed.
哦……
Oh...
我觉得我不需要最后那杯苹果酒。
I don't think I needed that last cider.
或者之前的那杯。
Or the one before that.
-哦,是的。-去睡觉吧
- Oh, yeah. - Let's get you to bed.
嗯
Mm.
“这是亚麻破碎机。”
"It's a flax break."
“哦,我好像听到电♥话♥响了!”
"Oh, I think I hear my phone ringing!"
啊…
Ahh...
你不需要这么做。
You don't have to do that.
我不介意。
I don't mind.
你的父亲……
Your father...
拥有他是你的幸运。
you're lucky to have him.
我该说晚安了。
I should say goodnight.
好吧。
Okay.
里普
Rip!
莎拉?
Sarah?
我是个老派的人。
I'm a man of old-fashioned principles.
我不能。
I can't.
晚安,莎拉。
Goodnight, Sarah.
晚安。
Goodnight.
副警长
Deputy.
我可以进来吗?
Can I come in?
谢谢。
Thanks.
一切都好吗?
Is everything all right?
你在等别人吗?
Were you expecting someone else?
这是个不错的农场,不是吗?
It's a nice farm, isn't it?
她在这里过得很好。
She's made a good life here.
还有生意。。。它正在起飞。
And the business... it's taking off.
她真的把这里改造得很好。
She's really made something out of this place.
是的,我
Yes, I have
对萨拉的极度钦佩
a tremendous admiration for Sarah
还有她的成就。
and her accomplishments.
对不起
Excuse me.
我打赌你会的。
I bet you do.
所以…
So...
我想你可能在想
I suppose you're probably thinking
一切都在按计划进行,是吧?
things are going according to plan, huh?
我很抱歉。我不太明白。
I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand.
看,嗯…
Look, uh...
这里只有你和我
it's just you and me here,
所以我们能不能别在装无辜了
so can we drop the whole innocent
"我什么都不知道"的表演
"I don't know anything about anything" act
谈谈?
and just talk?
因为你知道我不可能让你这样的
'Cause you know there's no way I can let a con man like you
骗子利用好人,对吧?
take advantage of good people like this, right?
我向你保证,
I assure you,
那不是我来这里的目的。
that is not what I am doing here.
我试图以最
I have tried to behave
最高尚的方式行事
in only the most honorable manner.
——高尚吗?——是的。
- Honorable? - Yes.
真有趣。
Interesting.
让我告诉你我看到了什么。
Let me tell you what I see.
你不知从哪里冒出来
You come along out of nowhere,
表现出无辜、困惑和无助。
acting innocent and confused and helpless.
不知怎么的,你让他们
And somehow you get them to go along
认同你的荒谬故事
with your ridiculous stories
也许最终他们会为你感到难过
and maybe eventually they feel sorry enough for you
让你一直呆在那里
to keep you hanging around.
到目前为止我做得怎么样?
How am I doing so far?
现在什么?
So now what?
嗯…
Well...
请告诉我
please, enlighten me.
你不会真的要待在这里吧。
Well, you're not really gonna stick around.
我们都知道。
We both know that.
不。
No.
你欺骗了这些人让他们以为你属于这里。
You fooled these people into thinking you belong here.
但你没有。
But you do not.
最后,
And in the end,
你只会伤他们的心。
all you're gonna do is break their hearts.
我可不想那样。
I would never want that.
好。
Good.
我希望这是真的。
I hope that's true.
因为我爱那个女人…
Because I love that woman...
我不想看到她受伤
and I will not see her hurt.
我想给她你做不到的东西。
I want to give her things you never could.
我是说,你到底能给我们带来什么?
I mean, what do you really bring to the table?
除了愚蠢的故事和零前途之外?
Aside from silly stories and zero prospects?
我想我可以提供一些
I think I have something to offer
这个时代人们早已忘记的东西
that men of this time have long forgotten.
我得承认,伙计。
I gotta give it to you, man.
你很会说话。
You are good with words.
我是说,这整个…这整件事……
I mean, this whole... this whole thing...
它起作用了。
It works.
但是听好了,里普。
But listen up, Rip.
如果你真的爱莎拉,就做正确的事。
If you truly love Sarah, just do the right thing.
你的出现正在造成破坏
Your presence here is doing damage
她和她的家人。
to her and her entire family.
我无法想象你是什么意思。我…
I can't even imagine what you mean. I...
这就是问题所在,不是吗?
Well, that's the problem, isn't it?
因为她不会告诉你的
Because she's not gonna tell you.
她太善良。
She's too kind.
太好了。
Too good.
但她却成了镇上的笑柄
But she is becoming a joke in this town,
我不会让你得逞的
and I won't have it.
她的儿子被欺负了。
Her son is being bullied.
她的爸爸被嘲笑了。
Her dad is being mocked.
都是因为有个男人和她们住在一起
All because they have a guy living with them
自称认识乔治·华盛顿
who claims he knew George Washington.
我知道这听起来很奇怪。
I know how it sounds.
但这是事实。
But it's the truth.
一个真正的男人不会这么做的,里普……
A real man wouldn't do this, Rip...
即使他有足够的妄想症
even if he is delusional enough
他参加了美国独♥立♥战争
to think he fought in the American Revolution.
我现在就告诉你
I'm telling you right now
你在这里没有未来。
there is no future for you here.
如果你再多待一会儿,
And if you stay a moment longer,
你可能已经没有未来了。
you might not have any future left at all.
又说这些话了。
There's those words again.
这是
This is
现在的交通和整点天气状况。
your current traffic and weather on the hour.
对不起,伙计们,这真的很恶心……
Sorry, folks, but it's a real nasty...
早....
Morning.
咖啡准备好了
Coffee's ready
电影精选列表