就是找他 亨利·马瑟斯 谢谢
That's what I meant. Henry Mathers. Thank you.
他不在 你要转接语♥音♥信箱吗
He's not in. Would you like his voice mail?
-好的 -稍等
-Sure. -One moment, please.
太阳一下山我就到
As soon as the sun goes down, I'll be over there.
你好
Hey.
法律与秩序 怎么了 你有什么需要
Law and order. What's up? What you need?
来200
Two hundred.
我是麦克
This is Mike.
你都交了些什么朋友 麦克
What the hell kinda friends have you got, Mike?
也许你该找些其他朋友来帮忙
Maybe you got some other friends who can help us out.
这些人就是这么干活的 他们一定威胁了报纸
It's how these people operate. They must've threatened the paper.
我不管他们做了什么或怎么做的
I don't know what they did or how they did it.
我花了几个小时 打电♥话♥给投资者
I've just spent hours on the phone dealing with my investors,
我老婆 妈妈 这篇文章说我和我的助手有染
my wife, my mother. This article claims I'm having an affair with my assistant.
你和助手有染?
Are you having an affair with your assistant?
没有
No.
那你怕什么? 他们就是想诋毁你
Then what are you worried about? They're just trying to smear you. That's all
意料之中的
This is to be expected.
他们首先会在开庭之前引发公众
They're gonna try and make as many people hate your guts as possible
-对你的不良印象 -它奏效了
-before we go to trial. -It's working
保罗正在吸引大量的投资者
Paul is making a lot of traction with a lot of investors for you.
我们在法官面前干掉这班畜生之后
When I get these motherfuckers in front of the judge,
我们会让你的产品遍布全国每一家医院
we're gonna get your needle in every single hospital in the country.
要挺住 我们法庭见
Stay strong. I'll see you in court.
是阿玛尼
Is that Armani?
信不信由你
Believe it.
晚礼服
Is that a tux?
是阿玛尼
It's Armani.
全体起立
All rise.
美♥利♥坚♥联邦地区法庭现在开庭
The United States Federal District Court is now in session.
由威廉姆·布莱克担任法官
The Honorable Judge William Black presiding.
就座
Be seated.
根据原告的动议
We are here on plaintiff's motion
仲裁原告提交的
to compel the production of documents
认为必要的文件请求
that the plaintiff claims are necessary.
鉴于被告不准许他
Since the defendants are not allowing him...
-法官大人, 被告的当事人已经 -不 魏斯先生
-Your Honor, the defendant's client has... -No, no, Mr. Weiss.
抱歉, 法官大人
Sorry, Your Honor.
这是个非常特别的请求示证
It's an extraordinary large request for production.
哪些文件是你必须的 为什么
Which documents must you have and why?
第一个质证请求
Request for production one.
全美医疗用品协会与所有医院
All exclusive long term and multi-product contracts
在过去十年中签订的所有 长♥期♥排他性的多产品合约
between United Medical Health Supplies and all hospitals over the last ten years.
我们认为这些信息可以证明GPO
We feel this information will prove the GPO
有固定价格 限制竞争的行为
is engaged in anticompetitive behavior, price fixing,
合约限定公♥司♥购买♥♥其产品
and a contract that requires the company to buy products
即便这些产品并不是最安全的
even though they may not be the safest available.
依照达科塔和PMI工业的规则
Under Dakota vs. PMI Industries,
最高法♥院♥认为这些信息应当公开
the Supreme Court found this information discoverable.
普莱斯先生 您的回答
Mr. Price, your response.
法官大人 这样刨根问底没有好处
Judge, this is a fishing expedition with no merit.
可以预料 数千页的文件
To expect thousands of pages of documents
将是我委托人时间和金钱的繁重负担
is unduly burdensome to my client's time and money.
而达科塔案例的目的并非如此
And the Dakota case is not on point.
下一个请求
Next request.
质证请求15
Request of production 15.
被告对保健机构和政♥治♥团体的所有捐赠
All donations made by the defendant to health care organizations or political entities.
政♥治♥捐赠并不在Benet-Lappin范围内
Political contributions are not discoverable under Benet vs. Lappin.
对保健机构不属于政♥治♥捐赠
Contributions to health care organizations are not political.
下一个请求
Next request, please.
质证请求29
Request of production 29.
GPO在过去十年所有的 注射器制♥造♥商购买♥♥记录
All purchase history of syringe manufacturers made by the GPO
我们认为这些信息能证明
in the past ten years. We feel that this information proves
全美医疗用品协会
that United Medical Health Supplies has created a monopoly
通过购买♥♥注射器制♥造♥商 再抬高价格造成垄断
by buying syringe manufacturers, then jacking up the price.
法官大人 所有购买♥♥和销♥售♥都有公开记录
Your Honor, the purchase and sale of businesses are all of public records.
我的委托人不应当再为此支出
My client shouldn't have to go through the expense.
法官大人 我们已经提交了材料 支持我们的立场
Your Honor, we've submitted cases supporting our position.
法律明文规定我们有资格获取这些文件
The law clearly states we're entitled to these documents.
好的 我的决定如下
All right. My decision is as follows.
法庭否决文件请求1 2 3
The court denies document production one, two, three.
法官大人 我们有权利
Your Honor, we have the right...
否决文书请求1到12
Request of production 1 through 12 denied.
支持请求13 14 15
13, 14, 15 are firm,
但是我限定追溯期限1年 而不是10年
but I'm limiting production to one year, not ten years.
请求16到29 否决 休庭
Sixteen through twenty-nine, denied. Court adjourned.
你现在一定释怀了
You must be so relieved.
我们欣喜若狂 经历了三年 我们终于得到了公正
We are ecstatic. It's been three years in the making and we finally got some justice.
你怎么看陪审团达成的5千3百万的判决
How do you suppose the jury arrived at a $53 million verdict?
我认为陪审团将他们的投票
I think the jury took that figure
从公♥司♥的利益转到了大众的安全上
from the profits the company made off not putting the safety feature on.
他们不会让企业的贪婪凌驾于人命之上
They are not gonna let corporate greed trump the value of human life.
请谈一下那个家庭 我们谈的是一个8岁大男孩
Let's talk about the family. We're dealing with an eight-year-old boy.
他们现在怎样了
How are they doing right now?
他们很好 但是那个8岁男孩 他回家
They're doing okay, but the eight-year-old boy, he goes home with...
安全针头的案子比那个大
Safety Point's a bigger case than that.
你知道所有美国人一生中都会碰上至少一次车祸
You know that every American will get into at least one car accident in their lifetime?
知道人们遭遇车祸的最大原因么
You know what the biggest reason is that people get into car accidents?
开车时吃东西?
Eating while driving?
不 只占49%
Mm. No, that's only 49%.
开车说话 占到了81%
Talking to the other passenger, 81%.
真有趣
Fascinating.
你去哪
Where are you going?
我去和他谈谈
I'm gonna go talk to him.
嗨 伙计们
Hi, fellas.
你们饿吗
Are you boys hungry?
当然
Yeah, sure.
在法庭上斗争了三个星期
The process is one where you fight in the courtroom for three weeks
然后再上诉到上级法♥院♥
and then you've got an appeal going.
然后继续打官司 我们会赢的
And then we'll have that fight and we'll win that fight.
能给我们上几份杂锦虾吗
Could you bring us a couple of orders of shrimp cocktail, please?
我对贝类过敏
I'm allergic to shellfish.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
我今天不是以律师事务所的身份来的
Listen, I-I don't wanna be here today as a law firm.
我想以个人身份和你谈谈
I'd like to talk. One person to another.
你想怎么样?
What do you want?
我告诉你我不想看到的
I'll tell you what I don't want.
我不想看着你们两人垮掉 而你们正在垮掉
I don't wanna see you two going down, and you're going down.
我关心输赢么?
Do I care who wins or loses?
我无所谓的 我有我的工作 只要我工作
Hardly. I have a job, I do my job
无论输赢我都会得到报酬
and I get paid at the end of the day either way.
你的报酬有多少?
How much you get paid?
你很有意思, 麦克
You're funny, Mike.
我喜欢你的这种幽默感
I like that you have a sense of humor.
你想我们做些什么?
What can we do for you?
你们知道我的当事人是谁
You know who my client is.
你们是在和300个律师对战
You're looking at 300 attorneys,
其中包括24个顶尖的全美反垄断专家
two dozen of the top anti-trust experts in the country,
上百万的经费 遍及各地的医保系统
millions of dollars in resources, connections in every corner of the health care system,
更别提司法系统了
not to mention the justice system.
别忘了报业集团
Don't forget the newspapers.
银行
The banks.
没错
Mm-hm. That's correct.
你的当事人
Your client,
他不一样 他是个只会做梦的粗人
he's something else. He's an idealistic bumpkin
敲遍了城里所有银行的大门
who's been knocking on every door in the city
只为获得一笔贷款
trying to get a loan.
知道为什么他搞不到贷款?
And you know why he's not getting one?
因为我的客户不愿意
'Cause my client didn't want him to.
那么 你是不是想说存在公平解决的可能
So, are you saying that there's a possibility of us actually settling this fairly?
电影精选列表