在接下来的几周内 你要至少联♥系♥ 200家医院
To start you should call at least 200 hospitals over the next couple of weeks.
200家医院
Two hundred hospitals.
我知道听起来很困难 但是我们需要 建立数据库
I know it sounds a lot, but we 're gonna need to do is get a data base...
我已经联♥系♥过2000家医院
I've already approached 2, 000 hospitals.
你介绍针头的时候他们怎么说
What'd say when you showed them the needle?
他们叫我滚蛋
They asked me to leave.
我们可不可以因为医院拒绝购买♥♥
Is there any way we can sue a hospital for not buying something
能拯救人命的产品而起诉他们
that saves people's lives?
所谓的奇迹之药 使我的当事人身受中风之苦
So called miracle drug allegedly causes client to suffer a stroke.
他正向另一家制药公♥司♥发起挑战
He's currently waging his battle against another pharmaceutical company.
人身伤害诉讼的顶级律师 马克·雷尼
Top personal injury, attorney Mark Lenier.
实在令人震愤
This is absolutely outrageous.
这家大制药公♥司♥简直将我的当事人
This is big pharma deciding that they can take my client
当做小白鼠
and make him a Guinea pig,
在他身上测试药物 赚取利润
test their medicines on him, make their money off of him,
然后在他发病的时候抛弃他
and then just disregard him and throw him away when he breaks.
野蛮的实在忍♥无可忍♥
And that's outrageous and we're gonna stop it.
我们要在法庭上制止这种行为
We're gonna stop it right here in this court house.
很行嘛
He's good.
这家伙真行
He's very good.
谢谢你和我会面
Thank you for agreeing to talk with me.
没问题 说吧
Sure, no problem. Talk.
电♥话♥里你说你知道
On the phone you said you were aware of the high number
针♥刺♥意外发生的频率相当高
of accidental needle sticks.
每年80万宗叫不叫高
How about 800,000 a year?
是确切数字吗
Is that an accurate number?
你不相信我
You don't believe me?
不 不是我不信你
No, it's not that I don't believe you.
我只是想知道这个数字确不确切
I just wanna know if it's an accurate number.
我 凯伦·布朗 德州护士协会第五区会长
I, Karen Brown, head of the Texas Nurses' Association District Five
庄严宣誓 该数目为确切数字 行了吧
do officially swear that that number is accurate. Better?
我只是想搞明白
I'm just trying to get a better understanding here.
好吧 你要搞明白的应该是这个
Good. Then here's what you need to understand. Okay?
以下疾病
The major cause of these diseases,
乙肝 丙肝 艾滋病
hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV,
影响着所有一线医护人员
affecting all front line health care workers
而主要原因就是因为针♥刺♥意外
is because of accidental needle sticks.
明白吗
Okay?
好的 我来的原因是我的当事人
Okay. The reason I'm here is 'cause my client
研发了一种能避免针♥刺♥意外的安全针头
has invented a safety needle that can prevent this from ever happening again.
跟我说没用
Then don't talk to me.
我该和谁谈
Who should I talk to?
采购部门
The purchasing department.
采购 谢谢
Purchasing. Thank you.
-威斯曼先生 -魏斯
-Mr. Weismann. -Weiss
-魏斯先生 -叫我麦克就行
-Mr. Weiss. -Mike, please.
-魏斯先生 我不能也不会看你的针头 -为什么
Mr. Weiss, I cannot and will not look at your needle. -Why
因为医院已经签订了购买♥♥合同
Because of the purchasing contract that the hospital has.
你能看看这些数据吗
Will you at least look at this data?
不
No.
能告诉我原因吗
Would you mind telling me why?
我不想看你的数据
I don't want you to show me your data,
你也别把这种针头拿给我的护士看
and I don't want you to show this product to my nurses
因为他们会想要 而又得不到
because they'll want it, and they can't have it.
是什么样的衬衫
What kind of a shirt was it?
质量很好吗
Was it a nice shirt?
是警♥察♥先生的牌子 很好的衬衫
Uh, just Mr. Police, it was nice.
有什么特殊意义吗
Was it a special shirt?
特殊意义
Special?
也许是 呃 一件礼物
Maybe it was, a, uh, gift.
只是一件衬衫
It was just a shirt.
你觉得值多少钱
How much did you say it cost?
不记得了
I don't remember.
那就70美元吧
Let's say $70.
西尔维亚
Sylvia,
再给麦克打个电♥话♥好吗
could you, uh, try Mike again, please?
小家伙 如果你想回家的时候还有十根小手指
Not if you wanna leave with all ten of those tiny little fingers, young man.
我刚给他留了五条信息
I just left him a fifth message.
麦克
Mike.
保罗 你还醒着 你不会相信的
Paul, you're awake. You're not gonna believe this.
我设法和医院感染科主任见了面
I worked my way into a meeting with the director of Infection at the hospital.
什么
What?
是今天 我擦
That was today? Oh, shit, man.
喂
Hello?
他说安全针头对医院来说是很重要的
He said that Safety Point is fucking essential to the safety of hospital...
我们要面对的是一大堆违反州法律的行为
I mean, we're looking at a shitload of violations under State Law.
一些违反法庭判罚的虚假宣传
Several violations on a shitload of counts under false claims.
我正在研究
I'm looking for it.
拿去吧 午饭后我再给他打电♥话♥
Take it, take it. And I'll call him after lunch.
好的
All right.
我午饭后再给他打电♥话♥
I'll call him after lunch.
我代表护士协会致电
The Nursing Association I represent requested I call
希望你们可以就此事给予协助
in hopes that you'd help them with their campaign in regards to this matter.
期待你的回电
If you'd give me a call back, that'd be great, if not...
内布拉斯加州的议员欧哈拉
Senator O'Hara's from Nebraska.
内布拉斯加州
Nebraska?
只有100家中心 我们应该
Yeah, there's only 100 centers. We could call...
我们? 你是说我们是一个团队
Us? You mean we're like a team?
我们要达成一致 然后合力完成
That we agreed upon things then we do them together?
我说了对不起
I said I was sorry.
-连续22个小时 -我说了对不起
-Twenty-two straight hours... -I'm sorry.
你收到我发过去的文件了吗
Did you get the file I sent over?
我收到了 GPO在替医院采购产品的时候收受贿赂 (GPO 医疗器械集团采购组织)
I got it. GPO's have been bribed to buy certain products for the hospitals.
我把文件发给老邓了
I sent it over to Dancort already.
80年代 GPO组织发展壮大
In the '80s, these GPO's got so big,
他们在国会上通过了一条法案
they managed to pass a bill in Congress
允许他们向制♥造♥商收取3%的回扣
allowing them a 3% commission from the manufacturers
本来回扣是要协商决定的
they're supposedly negotiating with.
我们接了个大案子
We have a great case here.
没错
Yeah, we do.
对不起 你叫什么名字
I'm sorry, what was your name?
苏西
Susie.
苏西 能让我们单独说几句吗
Susie. Would you give us a second, please?
-好的 我就在外面 -谢谢
Sure. I'll be right outside. -Thanks
麦克 我知道我们接了个大案子
Look. Mike, I think that we have a great case here,
但是我希望你能实际点
potentially really great, but I need you to be practical with me for a minute.
医院不顾员工的安危
Like hospitals letting people die
就因为安全针头贵了五美分
because Safety Point costs five cents more?
麦克 我没说我不参与好不好? 我会参与
Mike, I'm in, all right? I'm in.
但是如果事情闹大了
It's just that if this thing gets too big,
你得允许我让另一家律师行帮忙
you need to let me bring in another firm to help out.
相信我 圣诞节前就能搞定
Trust me, the thing is gonna settle by Christmas.
可能会拖上几年
It could drag for years.
这是垄断案 我们不是反垄断律师行
It's a monopoly case and we're not an antitrust firm.
我们想成为什么样的律师行 保罗
What kinda firm we wanna be, Paul?
这件案子会让我们扬名立万
Come on, this is gonna make us.
也可能把我们拖垮 花销太大了
It could break us. It's gonna be extremely expensive.
老邓付不起这笔费用
Dancort can't afford to pay us
光靠我一个人打人身伤害案也填补不了
and I can't do enough injury cases on my own.
你想我说什么 对不起 行了吧
What do you want me to say? I'm sorry, all right?
对不起 之前我搞砸了
I'm sorry I messed the fucking line.
麦克 听我说 我意思是我们的资源
Mike, listen to me. I'm telling you that we don't have the resources
不足以解决这件案 拜托了
to take this thing all the way, so please.
我要你答应我 当我告诉你我们撑不下去的时候
I need your word that when I tell you that the well is running dry,
-你要同意让另一家律师行介入 好吗 -好
we bring in another firm to help out, okay? -Yeah
好 我们可以开工了吗
Yes. Can we get to work now, please?
不好意思 我打扰你们了吗
Sorry. Am I interrupting something?
没有 哪里的话 进来吧
No, not at all. Come in.
让你跑一趟真不好意思
Thanks for coming down.
请坐
Have a seat.
电影精选列表