好的 抱歉
Okay. Sorry.
醒了么
Is she up?
我喜欢难缠的对手
I like people that are nuts.
这样才会有趣
Keeps things interesting.
你知道原先玻璃注射器制♥造♥商的事情么
Do you know anything about the original glass needle manufacturers?
或者有关塑料注射器的事
Or anything about plastic syringes?
你知道 麦克 所有报考法学院的人
You know, Michael? Everyone goes to law school
都想做个好人 为了正义而斗争
to become a good guy. To fight the good fight for justice.
你是这么做的么
Is that what you did?
是的
Yes, I did.
你是怎么做的
How is that working out?
你记得那个巨大的烟草法律诉讼
Do you remember the big tobacco law suits?
当然
Of course.
七个CEO宣誓后 对着国会和镜头说谎
Seven CEOs under oath lying in front of Congress and on camera.
-美国所有州都控诉它们 对吧 -确实
-And every state in the Union suing them, right? -That's right.
记得之后发生了什么
You remember what happened after that?
当然 我们提出了1650亿的和解 就是这样
Yeah. We shelled out a $165 billion settlement. That's what happened.
没有什么变化 香烟仍旧到处都有
No, nothing happened. Cigarettes are everywhere.
你要知道 每天都有新的年轻人开始抽烟
You know, new teenagers start smoking every day.
世界上有数十亿人抽烟
Billions of people smoking worldwide.
每年数百万人死亡
Millions of people dying every year.
什么也没发生
Nothing happened.
大烟草公♥司♥被打了屁♥股♥ 轻微的处罚
Big tobacco got a spanking. Slap on the wrist.
他们现在就像以前一样做生意
And they were right back to business as usual.
我猜您今晚来是想说服我做正确的决定
Hm. I assume you came here tonight to try convince me to do the right thing.
你知道 从你的眼睛里
You know, I'd look in your eye
我... 哦天哪 你说的是对的
I...I Oh, my God, you're right!"
然后呢
Then what?
我这种人就像自助餐厅的盘子
Guys like me are like cafeteria trays
拿了最上面一个 下面还有另一个
Take one off the top and there's another one right underneath it.
我打赌你会用一生
Now I bet you spent your whole life
等待你所要做的一些大事
waiting that you, you were born to do something great.
做一些不同的 特别的
Make a difference, do something special.
重要的事
Important.
但是 麦克
But Michael.
这是所有人都会有的普遍想法
It's the most ordinary thought anybody's ever had.
咱们法庭见
I'll see you in court.
这可能有点难 因为你的委托人和搭档已经接受了收♥购♥
That might be difficult since your client and partner have already accepted the offer.
没错
You're right.
你或许解决了他们 但是和我还没完
You might've settled with them, but you haven't settled with me.
我会周游全国
I'm gonna travel the country making every hospital worker
所有针♥刺♥伤害的医护工作者都是我的客户
who's ever been infected by a needle stick my client.
所有失去孩子的母亲
Every mother that's lost a child,
所有失去亲人的孩子
every child that's lost a parent.
我会让他们出庭
I'm gonna put them on the stand,
我会告诉他们 你的委托人有一种注射器
and I'm gonna tell them that your client has a needle
可以避免这种事情的发生
they could prevented it from ever happening,
但是却把它束之高阁 因为制♥造♥费用更贵
but he keeps it locked up 'cause it costs too much to make.
相信我
Trust me.
你会发现我有多普通
You're about to see just how ordinary I can be.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好
Good morning to you.
这是什么
What is this?
这是奖金
That is a bonus
为了你们的努力工作
for all the hard work you've been doing.
你是认真的
Are you serious?
是的
I am.
谢谢
Thank you.
不用谢
You're welcome.
不过麦克发来一些杂乱无章的留言
Um, listen, there's along rambling message on the machine from Mike.
知道了
Figures.
说来就来
There he is now.
你起得挺早
You're up early.
什么
Yes?
-你是他的搭档 -是的
-You're his partner? -Yeah.
在睡梦中死去
Died in his sleep.
你的搭档 麦克尔·魏斯
So, here 's your partner, Michael Weiss.
他死了
He die...
他死的时候一个人?
He die alone?
探员会回答你的问题
The detectives will be able to answer some of those questions.
他们还想和你谈谈
They'll wanna talk to you also.
你以前见过这种针头吗
Have you seen these needles before?
那是安全针头
That's, uh, it's a safety needle.
不能被重复使用
Can't be reused.
所以才会那么多
That'll explain why there're so many of them.
你怎么样 邓柯特先生?
Are you okay, Mr. Dancort?
要喝点什么吗 茶
Can we offer you something to drink? Some tea perhaps?
不用 我很好
No, that's all right.
丹先生
Mr. Danzinger.
魏斯先生的事实在遗憾
Sorry to hear about Mr. Weiss.
我们致以最诚挚的哀悼
We offer our most sincere condolences.
既然人都到齐了 我们应该
So, since we're all here we should probably...
你好 内特 很久不见
Hello, Nat. It's been a long time.
你和我
You and me?
我们法庭见
We're going to court on this one.
我很期待
Looking forward to it.
2004年 马克·莱尼尔律师起诉全美最大采购组织
及其医疗器材供应商 总额1.5亿元
最终 全美数千家医院用上了安全针头
官方确认麦克·魏斯死因为吸毒过量 无进一步调查
保罗·丹泽格继续在德州休斯敦从事律师工作
很多医院继续使用传统针头 导致多起意外和死亡事故
在贫穷国家 塑料针筒仍被循环使用数百次
每年造成一百多万新的艾滋病感染个案
谨以此片献给 麦克尔·大卫·魏斯
律师 天才 笨蛋 儿子 兄弟 梦想家 花♥花♥公♥子♥ 疯子 瘾君子 挚友
麦克尔·大卫·魏斯 1967-1999
电影精选列表