you are not gonna hang out with a girl
你不能跟那个女孩玩.
who has a naked woman with a sword on her back.
她背上有个裸体女人拿着把剑
What do you think that says to the boys?
你觉得男孩子会怎么说这样的姑娘
"Try it, buddy, and I'll cut your dick off"?
"试试她, 兄弟, 否则我把你阉了"
I'm causing a problem, right?
我是个麻烦是么
-It's okay. -Wait.
-好吧 -等等
Look, I don't think your mom wants me here right now.
我觉得你妈妈不会想让我在这里
Yeah, well, I want you here, and she's sick,
但我要你在这
and sometimes it makes her act a little bit crazy.
她病了, 有时候会胡言乱语
She just cares about you.
她只是关心你
Maybe I'll see you at school.
我们学校见吧
Do you go to Oakhurst, too?
你也在Oakhurst念书吗
Um, yeah. She has a scholarship.
是的, 她拿奖学金的
I know. I'm kind of out of place there.
我知道, 那地方不像是我这样能去的
I'm always out of place...
我总是格格不入
especially here.
尤其是在这里
Your home is really beautiful.
你家真的很漂亮
And Coop's the first girl I've met in the city
Coop是第一个我在城里能说上话的
that I can talk to.
She's a good person.
她是一个善良的人
It's blocked.
它塞住了
So where do you live?
你住在哪里?
Um, well, my aunt gets money for letting me stay there.
我的婶婶给我提供住宿, 她能拿到酬劳
I get the picture.
我明白了
Here. Let me.
我来吧
What are you doing?
你在做什么
It was too low.
气体不多了
Try it now.
再试试吧
Aren't you afraid?
难道你不害怕吗?
Of what?
怕什么?
Catching death.
染上死亡
Oh, Mom.
妈
Energy never dies.
能量不灭
It just changes form.
它只是改变了形式
Yeah, well...
you see if you're ready to change form
如果你已经准备好改变形式
when you're 38 years old.
在你38岁的时候
Well, my mom died in her forties...
我妈妈是40岁的时候去世的
but she was dead way before that.
但她在真正去世之前就已经死去了
She only pretended to be alive.
她只是假装活着
She was so coked out all the time,
她经常吸食可♥卡♥因♥
looking out windows.
看着窗外
Every shadow was a cop or a dealer she owed.
到处都是找她的警♥察♥或者欠账的毒贩
She was always asking if I heard noises.
她总是问我有没有听到什么
And she flinched every time I touched her.
每次我触碰她, 她都会退缩
Even for a hug.
即使是一个拥抱
I bet you drove it with the top down even in the rain.
我猜即使下雨你也会穿着短裙开车
Best time.
美好年华
I hope that when I die...
我希望在我死前
I'll have owned a sports car...
我也能拥有一辆跑车
had a family...
有一个家庭
a home.
一个家
My mom died an old lady
我妈妈死的时候
who never did anything with the top down.
是一个从没穿过直身短裙但已老去的女人
Well, one day with the top down
穿上直身短裙活一天
is better than a lifetime in a box.
也比一辈子困在盒子里好
Groucho said he wouldn't belong to any club
Groucho说他不会参加任何俱乐部
that would have him as a member.
那些想招他为会员的
I know what he meant, but with Ivy it was different.
我知道他的意思, 但我和Ivy是不同的
Her acceptance didn't make me think less of her.
她的接纳不会让我不那么顾虑她
It made me think more of me.
反而会让我更多地考虑自己
At first we just wandered around, shopped.
最开始, 我们只是到处闲逛, 购物
We developed an unspoken division of labor:
我们渐渐发展出一种不言而喻的社会分工
She bought, I paid.
她买♥♥东西, 我付钱
I got my first skintight red leather miniskirt.
我有了第一条贴身红皮迷你裙
Of course, it wasn't for me.
当然, 不是我穿
Over the next couple of weeks, Ivy sort of moved in.
几个星期之后, Ivy搬来了
No one seemed to mind.
似乎没有人在意
I guess my parents just got used to having her around.
我的父母都习惯了她在附近
Ivy's aunt was in heaven.
Ivy的婶婶过世了
She kept the money, we kept Ivy.
她继承了钱, 我们家则收养了她
Mom really liked her.
妈妈很喜欢她
I think Ivy's energy was good for her.
Ivy的活力对她有好处
It's true, you know, what Mom said.
妈妈说的没错
A lot of people think death is contagious.
大多数人都认为死亡会传染
Ivy's different.
Ivy则不同
Pretty phenomenal, really.
她独特非凡
I mean, I never knew anyone that looked that much like a slut.
我知道她看起来很放荡
Here she was, my best friend.
但她是我最好的朋友
-Ivy? -Yeah?
I didn't really try to slash my wrists.
其实我并没有割过腕
I was trying to go outside, and...
我只是在经过的时候
-It's okay. -I ran through the glass door.
-没关系 -被玻璃门弄伤了
And Darryl is your real father, isn't he?
Darryl其实是你的亲生父亲, 对吧?
I'm afraid so.
是的
You look more like him.
你看起来更像他
No offense.
没有别的意思
None taken.
没事
My mom's pretty, huh?
我妈妈真的很漂亮, 是吧?
Rare, huh?
很难得, 是吧?
Pardon?
什么?
Well, it's so clear.
天气这么好
I'm freezing my ass off.
其实我的屁♥股♥要冻僵了
Want me to get a jacket for you?
我给你拿件外套吧
A sweater?
毛衣?
I hear you're having a party.
你在准备一个party?
No, it's just business.
只是生意
Yeah, Coop told me.
Coop告诉我的
She's looking forward to proving how hormonally balanced she is.
她想要证明她的荷尔蒙很平稳
What are you going to do?
你打算怎么办?
Well, I don't have time to paint them over.
我没时间重新再涂一次
Don't worry. I'll get lost.
别担心, 会褪色的
Can you hand me my boots?
你可以把我的靴子递给我吗
Sure.
当然可以
Um...
Those cost 150 bucks.
它们花了我150美金
Hundred and fifty?
150?
Well, um...
that ought to do it.
这些应该够了
You keep the change.
不用找了
Hello?
Um, no. Coop's not here. This is her friend.
Coop不在, 我是她朋友
Jim from Head Start?
学前教育的Jim?
I really admire your guys' dedication.
我真的很佩服你们的贡献
Um, wait, I'll check.
等等, 我看一下
The 16th?
16号♥?
Yeah, she's free.
没问题, 她有空
No problem.
没问题
Okay, great. I'll tell her.
好的, 我会转告她
No, I'm writing it down on her calendar right now.
我正在把这事写在她的日历上
Okay. Bye.
"Twist on one half-turn."
转半圈
More.
转多一点
I'm following directions.
我是在按照说明进行
Hey, Dad, I noticed the Percodan was out of Mom's room.
爸爸, 我发现妈妈房♥间的止痛药没了
You got any instant?
有没有速溶的?
Espresso. Dark bean, healthy bean.
浓缩咖啡, 黑咖啡之类
So what's next, Dad,
you confiscate her shoelaces and belt?
那么接下来, 你是不是要没收她的鞋带? 皮带?
I want my pills back.
我的药呢?