Uh, we're supposed to learn to not be embarrassed, you know?
我们要学会对此不要觉得尴尬
Don't worry, Dad. We gotta turn everything in at the end.
不要担心, 我们结束了会上交的
Save the receipts.
拿好收据
Shit.
妈的
Hey, where have you been?
你去哪里了?
Oh, grounded.
罚禁闭
You lost your boot.
你的另一只靴子呢
It's my only pair.
它们是我唯一的鞋了
Your turn.
到你了
No way.
不行
Way.
去吧
Forget it.
算了
Are you afraid?
你害怕了吗
No.
Come on. I won't laugh.
来吧, 我不会笑的
I gotta go.
我得走了
HEY-
Who cares about a stupid rope swing anyway?
嘿! 谁会在乎那条摆来摆去的绳子呢
What's your real name?
你的真名叫什么
I like Ivy.
我喜欢Ivy
It sort of gives me the chance to start over.
新的名字好像可以让人重生一次
It's so beautiful.
好漂亮
Where did you get it?
从哪里弄到的?
From my Dad.
从我爸那里
He must really love you.
他一定很爱你
Yeah, he also feels guilty.
他同时也觉得愧疚
I was adopted.
我是领养的
Oh.
See, my biological father was black.
我的亲生父亲是黑人
You can tell by my hair.
你从我的头发就可以看出来
My mom is my real mom...
我的妈妈是我的亲生母亲
But, you know, when Darryl married her...
后来Darryl娶了她
he adopted me.
他就收养了我
I'm pretty sure it was to make her happy.
我敢肯定这是为了让她开心
No, I think he really cares about you.
我想他是真的在乎你的
My dad didn't want me anywhere around.
我爸哪都不让我去
He'd get so pissed if you tried to talk to him.
我一跟他说话他就生气
He'd throw stuff at me, like food or spitballs.
他会朝我扔东西, 像是食物或者纸团子
Ugh.
Your dad read Hustler?
你♥爸♥爸会读成人杂♥志♥吗
I don't think so.
我不知道
Well, one day I went through his room,
我有一次经过他房♥间
and I found all this stuff,
and he had, like, 500 magazines
那里好像有500本那样的杂♥志♥
of the kind with the chicks in the high heels,
全是穿着高跟鞋的小妞
and, like, they like they look like they're ready for a... exam.
好像她们全都准备着
Sordid. Come on.
恶心, 走吧
Hey, I bet that's why you look so sexy...
我猜这就是为什么你打扮得那么性感
so that your dad would notice you.
你想让你♥爸♥爸注意到你
Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢你, 医生
-So did it work? -Nope.
-猜对了吗 -没
He left anyway.
反正他总要走的
I tried to commit suicide once. See?
我试图过自杀一次
-Where? -There.
-哪里? -这儿
Used to be a lot worse.
以前看上去更糟糕
Oh, is my hair thing covered up?
我的头发盖住了吗
Yeah. Why?
嗯, 怎么了
My parents.
我爸妈
I tried to convince them that it was female pattern balding,
我试着骗他们说这是女性潮流秃发
you know, that my hair fell out in the shape of an eye,
就是那个眼睛形状的花纹
but I don't think they really bought it.
但我猜他们并不相信
Whoa.
Um, it's too big. You can never find anyone.
地方大了, 你总是没法注意到其他人
So, um, how are you getting home?
你怎么回家?
Hitch.
搭便车
Not everybody gets to go home in a Mercedes.
不是每个人家里都有梅塞德斯
Maybe I'll see you around.
下次见
Uh...
You know, I don't really have many friends.
我其实没有很多朋友
Me neither.
我也是
Um, well, yeah, any friends.
好吧, 是没有朋友
Yeah. Everybody hates me.
大家都讨厌我
Oh, well, everybody hates me, too.
他们也都讨厌我
Um, so...
Do you want to come over?
你要来我家吗
Yeah.
We kind of have to be quiet.
我们得小点声
My mom sleeps a lot. She's got emphysema.
我妈妈经常卧床睡觉, 她得了肺气肿
Oh.
Yeah, well, I think it's to get attention.
我认为这是想引起别人的注意
She spends her life dying.
她的生命只用来流逝了
Do you got any booze?
你有酒吗
-No. My dad... glug, glug, glug. -Oh.
我爸有
Fred, quiet!
Fred, 安静, 嗨, 狗狗
Hi, PUPPY-
Oh, um, he really only likes me. It's this weird loyalty thing.
它只喜欢我, 真是奇怪的忠诚
-You home? -Uh, yeah.
-家教? -是的
They canceled.
他们取消了
Head Start.
学前教育
I teach reading a couple nights a week to some inner city kids.
我一周会有几次教城内的几个小孩子阅读课
Fred, no!
Well, that's mighty white of you.
对你来说很白人了
Watch it.
瞧瞧
Wow, this is great.
这太棒了
Shh!
Sorry.
抱歉
I like pianos.
我喜欢钢琴
If I was to kill myself, I'd like to fall,
我如果要自杀, 我会选择跳楼
just close my eyes and pretend I was flying.
只要闭上我的眼睛, 假装我是在飞
Yeah, with a big splat at the end.
最后摔个血肉模糊
Well, you wouldn't feel it.
你不会感觉到的
Yeah, but everybody'd stand around looking at your insides.
但路人都会看到的
Yeah, well, it's a lot faster than slashing your wrists.
但总比割腕快多了
Who slashed their wrists?
Oh, Ivy, this is my mom Georgie.
这是我妈妈, Georgie
Hi there, Georg...
嗨
Did she tell you she slashed her wrists?
她告诉你她割腕了?
Oh, Sylvia.
噢, Sylvia
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
Hand me the Percodan.
You never stop testing, do you?
你永远都不会停止你的测试是吗
What kind of girl is impressed by suicide?
什么样的女孩会想留下这样的印象
I like her.
我喜欢她
She has a hole in her nose.
她的鼻子有一个洞
Yeah, well, a lot of girls do.
很多女孩都有
Leave it open.
让它开着
It's supposed to rain tonight.
今晚可能会下雨
Then open it wider.
那就开大一点
I'd think you'd be embarrassed.
我认为你会觉得尴尬
What?
什么?
Getting caught lying all the time.
迟早会被发现你一直都在说谎
Did you tell her you're black, too?
你也跟她说了你是个黑人?
You don't want me to have any friends, do you?
你是不想让我有任何朋友吗
People you have to lie to so they like you
那些因为你的谎言才跟你玩的
aren't worth your friendship.
他们不值得
Look, when I'm gone you...
等我死了
you can play your music as loud as you want.
你可以想放多大声的音乐就放多大声
Your dad can turn this room into a study
你♥爸♥爸也可以把这房♥间改成书房♥
with leather chairs and dead animals on the wall,
还可以把动物皮毛挂墙上
but in the meantime,
但在此期间