Don't look at me like that. Why not?
别那样看着我 为什么
Because I never could refuse you.
因为我无法拒绝你
You could tell me the truth.
你可以跟我实话实说
For once in your life, you might try telling me the truth.
仅此一次 试试跟我实话实说
Only if you insist.
要是你坚持的话
I insist.
我坚持
All right. They look like works of despair.
好吧 这些作品散发着绝望的意味
If the despair isn't real, then I don't like them
如果这绝望有假 那我并不喜欢它们
because they're fake, they're unfelt.
因为这感情不真实 不真切
They're avant-garde protest and nothing more.
只是些先锋派的无病呻♥吟♥
But if the despair is real,
但是如果这绝望真实存在
then that hurts, too, because...
那也令我很伤心
Because you're my daughter,
因为你是我的女儿
and I don't want you to suffer.
我不愿见你受苦
They're not fake.
这些作品没有故作矫情
That's what I thought.
我也是这么认为的
So what bothers you?
你担心什么呢
If I'm unhappy then it's your fault?
觉得我因为你而不开心吗
They make you feel guilty?
这些作品让你内疚了吗
The absent father, the evasive father.
这位不称职又逃避责任的父亲
The pictures are morbid.
你的画很病态
They're morbid, Julianne.
它们很病态 朱莉安娜
Okay, I can see it may be my problem to do with getting older,
好吧 我知道自己确实跟不上潮流了
but why do you want to piss on life before you've even lived it?
但干嘛在经历过之前就亵渎生活呢
I don't think you should say any more.
别说了
I was wondering... Yup.
我在想 什么
That young man you were talking to. Which one?
那个跟你说话的小伙子 哪个
I think his name is Ralph. Ralph Wilson.
应该是叫拉尔夫 拉尔夫·威尔逊
You're working.
你在工作
Fuck! You're not even talking to me,
靠 你根本不是在和我聊天
you're working.
你来这儿是为了工作
Oh, come on, let me take you home.
别闹 我送你回家
No.
不用了
I don't want you anywhere near me.
你离我远点
Do you have any honest relationships at all?
你对人诚实过吗
How did I know? How did I know this?
我怎么知道的 我怎么会知道呢
Know what?
知道什么
That you would come to my door.
你会来找我
You look unhappy.
你看上去心情不好
Do you want some company?
想我陪你吗
I'll come to your place.
去你家吧
I'm getting red wine.
我去拿些红酒
I'd prefer whisky. Do you mind?
我想喝威士忌 可以吗
Mmm, you had a rough day.
今天不顺吧
So how old's your daughter, then?
那你女儿多大了
She's, let's see, mid-20s.
她啊 我想想 二十五六
I split up from her mother when Julianne was very young.
她很小的时候 我就和她妈妈分开了
Here you go.
给你
That's not true.
其实不是
I'm going to tell you the truth.
实话告诉你吧
I split up with her when she was pregnant.
是在她怀孕的时候分开的
Why did you do that?
为什么分开
Because I was in love with someone else.
因为我另有新欢了
You fall in love easily.
你还真花心
Perhaps that's why my daughter doesn't trust me.
或许因此女儿才不信任我
It was hard for her,
她很难接受
watching her father keep losing his heart.
看着她父亲一次次另觅新欢
Hmm. Children don't like that. No.
孩子是不愿看到这个 不愿意
Tonight, I felt I had the right to say
今晚 我自觉有权
what I thought about her work.
评断她的作品
Clearly I didn't.
显然我错了
Same thing's true with writers.
作家们也是如此
Well, you can say what you like about their personalities
对于他们的性格 你可以畅所欲言
because they think, "Oh, I can change, I can improve."
因为他们认为可以改变自己 自我完善
But work's different.
他们的作品就不同了
What about you? Me?
你呢 我吗
Isn't your father a writer? Joseph Pierpan.
你父亲不也是作家吗 约瑟夫·皮尔潘
Writer and activist. Yeah.
作家及政♥治♥活动家 对
Must be odd, having a famous father.
有个出名的父亲感觉一定很奇怪
I'm actually surprised you've heard of him.
其实我很吃惊你居然听说过他
Just how famous can you be in Syria?
一个叙利亚人能有多出名呢
You were born in Damascus? Yes.
你出生在大马士革吗 是的
My brother was killed by the Israelis.
我哥被以色列人杀害了
When?
什么时候
Two years ago.
两年前
What was he doing?
他当时在做什么
Waving a white flag.
他挥舞着白旗
Trying to stop the Israelis from knocking down a house.
试图阻止以色列人推倒一座房♥屋
The Israelis were building
以色列人正在造
a wall through the occupied territories
一面直穿居住地的围墙
and the wall went right through the house.
这面墙直从这屋子中穿过
Been in that part of the world?
去过那种地方吗
What were you doing?
你去做什么
Oh, you know. No.
你知道的 不
I don't know, you're going to have to tell me.
我不知道 你得告诉我
I was on holiday.
我去度假
On the West Bank?
在约旦河西岸吗
Where else do you go on holiday?
还去哪度假
Darfur? Afghanistan?
达尔福尔 还是阿富汗
Maybe this is the moment...
也许现在你该
to tell me what's going on.
告诉我发生了什么
Nothing's going on.
没发生什么
My life was changed when my brother was killed.
哥哥被杀的时候 我的人生就改变了
He was killed by the Israeli Defence Force.
他是被以色列国防军杀害的
Nothing they say makes...
他们的话完全
any sense, we don't believe a word of the official inquiry.
讲不通 官方调查根本不可信
So... It's hard enough to grieve, isn't it?
所以很难悲痛 对吧
I mean, grief is hard enough anyway,
原本就很难悲痛
but...
但是
when you don't know the truth,
如果你不知道真♥相♥
everything freezes and you can't move on.
一切都停滞了 你无法继续生活
All right, let's just forget about it.
好吧 不说这个了
I asked you in for a drink, that's all.
我请你进来喝一杯 仅此而已
I'm like you, I go to work, I get through the day.
我跟你一样 上班 过日子
Since Jake died, I haven't been interested in making friends.
杰克死后 我就对交朋友没兴趣了
Please, it's nothing dramatic.
请别误会
I'm not asking for anything, but...
我没想怎么样 但是
You seem a nice man.
你看起来是个好人
You see, it's almost unbearable.
你看 那情不自禁的样子
The way she looks.
她的表情
She's so desperately in love with Lester Young
她无可救药地爱上了莱斯特·扬
she can scarcely bear it when he plays.
他演奏的时候 她几乎难以自♥制♥
He wears high-draped pants...
他穿着高脚裤
All the same,
尽管如此
she doesn't forget when it's her turn.
该她唱的时候 也没忘记
He wears high-draped pants...
他穿着高脚裤
Julianne, I wish I could find you.
朱莉安娜 我想找你
I wish I knew where you were.
想知道你在哪
I made a fool of myself tonight.
我今晚出丑了
And it's not the first time.
也不是第一次了
You were right to be angry.
你是该生气
All right, let's start the bloody meeting.
好吧 快他妈开会吧
God knows, you're hard enough to get hold of, Benedict.
天知道 你真难搞 本尼迪克特
You're far grander than I am.
你比我难伺候多了
Would you like me to get you a cup of coffee, home secretary?
喝咖啡吗 内政大臣
Some mineral water?
还是矿泉水
I had no idea you were going to be invited, Johnny.
我不知道你也会来 约翰尼
Well, I am.
我来了
This is going to need long hours, Minister.
这次会议会花上些时间 部长
It's going to need expertise and judgement.
会用到专业知识和判断力
电影精选列表