Ah, we haven't met.
我们还没见过呢
I'm putting out rubbish, obsessively.
我正巧把垃圾拿出来
Do you want me to take it downstairs for you?
要我帮你带下去吗
No! No, no, it's fine. I'll do it later.
不用 没关系 我过会儿再去
I've been living here for a year...
在这儿住了一年了
and I've never caught sight of you.
还从没见过你
I'm Nancy Pierpan.
我是南希·皮尔潘
Johnny Worricker. How do you do?
约翰尼·沃里克 你好
I'm wondering if I could ask you in for a drink.
能否请你进屋喝一杯
But you seem to have company.
可你好像有伴了
Exactly.
正因如此
That is why I am asking you in.
我才要邀请你小坐
So you started a website?
如此说来你建了个网站
That's right.
是的
It's a place where people can make contact.
人们可以在那里相互接触
People find it easier to talk
比起面对面交流
to a machine than they do direct.
大家觉得跟机器聊天更轻松
Is that so?
是吗
Couples talk best in the car...
夫妻俩在车里能聊得热火朝天
'cause they're side by side,
因为他们并排坐着
they don't have to look at each other.
不用相互对视
Was it you who noticed that?
这是你发现的吗
That was my mum, actually.
其实是我老妈发现的
Well, this has been nice,
今晚真不错
but, bad news, Ralph,
但有个坏消息 拉尔夫
I'm going to have to throw you out.
我得请你离开了
What, do you mean right now?
什么 你是说现在吗
It's my fault. I'd completely forgotten...
是我不好 完全忘了
that I promised to talk to Johnny about his novel.
答应要跟约翰尼讨论他的小说
Johnny writes novels? Yes.
他写小说吗 是的
Am I going to see you soon?
我们还会再见吗
Of course. I'm going to call you.
当然 我会打给你的
It was great to see where you live. Yes.
能来你家坐坐真是太好了 是的
It was nice for me, too.
你能来我也很高兴
Oh, God, I'm so sorry. I want to apologise.
天哪 真抱歉 我真不好意思
There's no need to apologise.
你不必道歉
I assume you asked the young man back
我猜是你邀请那小伙子回来
and then changed your mind.
但又改变主意了
Yes, that's what happened.
是的 正是如此
Whose novel is that?
小说又从何谈起
I would love it if you stayed and had a glass of wine with me.
希望你能留下来陪我喝一杯
I can't. I've got to go home.
不行 我得回家了
It's because I'm out of practice.
因为我生疏了
You'll have to explain.
此话怎讲
Well, it's been a long time since I asked anyone back.
我很久没邀请过谁回家了
And, um... Has this ever happened to you?
你遇到过这种情况吗
That you suddenly realise you've made a mistake?
就是突然发现自己的邀请是个错误
And then I saw you on the landing.
然后就在楼梯间看到了你
It was like you were sent from God.
就好像你是天赐福音
It's very strange that I've never seen you before.
真奇怪 我居然从没见过你
Do you live on your own?
你自己住吗
I've got to work tonight, if that's all right.
不介意的话 今晚我还有工作要做
Oh, God, I'm so sorry, I...
天哪 真抱歉 我...
Call me if it happens again.
下次再出现这种情况给我打电♥话♥
It won't happen again.
不会有下次了
What are you thinking, Johnny?
想什么呢 约翰尼
What have you been thinking?
你想过什么
Why did you ask me what was I thinking?
你干嘛问我在想什么
It's unbelievable.
难以置信
Someone who's meant to be responsible,
电梯里有负责人
someone who's meant to be my boss.
还有我的上司
I thought it was funny. No need to tell me.
我觉得挺好玩的 你说的我都知道
Well, it isn't funny. Not in a fucking lift.
一点也不好玩 别他妈在电梯里闹
Anger management, Johnny!
管好你的脾气 约翰尼
I can send you on a course if you like.
愿意的话 我给你推荐个课上上
I don't ask you, "What are you thinking?"
我没问你"想什么呢"
'Cause my mind's a perfect blank, that's why.
因为我脑子里一片空白
Things are that bad,
已经糟糕到
I got home last night and watched the X Factor.
昨晚我回家看了《X音素》的地步
Yesterday was Tuesday, X Factor's Saturdays,
昨天是周二 周六才有《X音素》
so I know you're lying.
我知道你在撒谎
Not lying, testing.
我没撒谎 试探你罢了
Jill. Good morning, boys.
吉尔 早 小伙子们
I'm coming your way in half an hour.
我过半小时过去
Jill's office.
一会儿去吉尔的办公室
Morning, Muna. Good morning.
早 穆纳 早
So, there's an awful lot of stuff going on.
最近有很多事
An awful lot of traffic.
产生了许多流量
What does that mean? Intercept.
那是什么意思 去截查呀
Among other things,
别的不说
this building is swimming in information.
这里充斥着大量信息
We have information coming out of our ears.
多得我们难以处理
So...
所以呢
So, the difficult thing is to notice when someone finally tells you...
所以 很难在重要信息出现时
something important.
注意到它
No reaction.
给点反应啊
He thinks he can be rude to me.
他以为可以对我无礼
He thinks he can treat me how he wants...
因为我和他娶过同一个老婆
because we had a wife in common.
就觉得能对我随心所欲
In my case, a long time ago.
她不是我老婆很久了
All your wives are a long time ago.
你跟所有的老婆都分开很久了
Is Jill need-to-know on my wives?
吉尔有必要了解我的婚史吗
Everyone knows about your wives.
你的婚史人尽皆知
So my point is this.
我想说的是
I've called the two of you together.
我把你们一起叫来
I want to share a source.
有一则消息要和你们分享
Now, before we go any further, God's very excited.
在此之前 我想说上帝非常兴奋
Why is God excited?
此话怎讲
I suppose like all home secretaries,
我猜和所有的内政大臣一样
God can't resist a file marked "Top secret".
上帝也抵御不住标着"机密"字样的文件
You're going to read this
给你们看这个
and you're going to think, "Hold on."
看完后你们会想"慢着"
"The Americans are meant to be our allies."
"美♥国♥佬♥不是我们的盟友吗"
I've never suffered from that delusion.
我从没那么幻想过
Johnny doesn't believe in the special relationship, do you?
他不相信有这种特殊关系 对吧
They're not what you call sharing partners, are they?
他们不是那种能分享资讯的伙伴吧
Even you can't claim to have read it already.
就连你都没看过
I've seen certain words,
我见过几个词
I gather we're back in the Middle East.
我想我们又回到中东问题上了
We're always in the Middle East.
中东问题是老生常谈
I don't like faith jobs.
我不喜欢信仰问题
I don't like anything to do with faith.
我不想跟信仰扯上关系
Still no faith yourself, Johnny?
你还没找到信仰吗 约翰尼
The sun will rise in the morning,
早晨太阳升起
I'm going to have a drink at 6:00.
六点的时候我会喝上一杯
That's my faith.
这就是我的信仰
Really? A lot of people in your church, are there?
真的吗 你有很多教众吧
Most people. Most people are in my church.
绝大多数人跟我有相同的信仰
You're going to want to talk to me...
你们研读之后
when you've read it properly.
会想来跟我谈谈的
This country is under threat,
英国正受到威胁
it's under serious threat.
非常严重的威胁
Our problem is we can't always tell you the nature of the threat.
问题在于有时我们无法透露威胁的本质
If we did, we'd be giving away intelligence.
如果我们透露了 将会泄露情报
That's not something I'm willing to...
我不愿意此事...
南希·皮尔潘 高级编辑
解放出版社 发行人
This is a bit close, isn't it?
这里挺近的吧
This place is a bit close. Rollo.
挺近的 罗洛
Thought this place was crawling with professionals.
还以为这里会人满为患呢
That's why we're eating at 11:30.
因此才约在十一点半
电影精选列表