I'm your daddy's brother. Remember? Uncle Luke?
我是你♥爸♥爸的兄弟 你还记得吗?卢克叔叔?
Dad?
爸爸?
Oh...
噢…
It's okay.
没事了
Dad?
爸爸?
It's okay.
没事了
Dr. Gerald Dreyfuss, Your Honor.
法官大人 我是杰拉尔德·德赖弗斯医生
The girls have been in my care at the Institute
自从87天前这两个女孩被送到研究所来
since they were found 87 days ago.
一直是我在照料她们
And how would you define their progress?
你觉得她们是否有所进步?
Solid, and astoundingly fast. If I may?
进步很大而且速度惊人 可以吗?
Your Honor, Victoria and Lilly Desange
法官大人 维多利亚·德桑热和莉莉·德桑热
were found in deplorable conditions,
被找到时状态非常不好
isolated, starved. They feared and distrusted all physical contact.
与世隔绝 缺少食物 任何的身体接触都会惊吓到她们
Their emotional growth was clearly compromised by their abandonment.
她们的情感发育因为被抛弃而受到严重影响
In order to survive such extreme isolation,
为了在如此恶劣的环境下生存
the girls created an imaginary guardian,
她们自己想象出一个监护人
a parent figure to feed them, sing to them, protect them.
一个抚养她们 给她们唱歌♥ 保护她们的母亲
They called her "Mama."
她们称她为"妈妈"
Victoria and Lilly have a real chance at a normal life now.
维多利亚和莉莉现在有一个恢复正常生活的很好机会
With the right care, physical and emotional development,
有了适当的照顾 生理和情感上的开♥发♥
and much-needed love and affection, they will get better.
还有关爱 她们会越来越好的
Thank you, Dr. Dreyfuss.
谢谢 德赖弗斯医生
Miss Podolski, would you care to address the court?
波多尔斯基小姐 你想发言吗?
Good morning, Your Honor.
早上好 法官大人
Jeffrey Desange murdered my niece
杰弗里·德桑热谋杀了我的侄女
and abandoned his daughters in the forest.
并且把自己的女儿抛弃在森林里
Now, his brother did an extraordinary thing.
现在他的弟弟做了一件不寻常的事情
Lucas never gave up on his nieces,
卢卡斯 从没有放弃过他的侄女们
but he did it for the girls, not for himself.
他做这一切都为了这些女孩们 不是为了自己
So if he still has their best interest at heart,
如果他真心想对她们好的话
he must know that neither his salary nor his very small apartment
他必须清楚他的收入水平和居住环境
are suitable for the raising of two children,
是不适合来抚养两个孩子的
let alone two children with very special needs.
更别说是两个需要特殊照顾的孩子了
How many kids have you raised, Jean?
简 你养大过几个孩子?
About as many as you, Lucas.
跟你差不多 卢卡斯
Of course she wants the girls, Lucas.
她当然想得到她们 卢卡斯
Stand in her shoes for a second.
你站在她的角度想一想
She can't just sweep in and take them. They're not hers to take.
她不能就这样冲进来带走她们 她们不是她的
I'm not sure that's entirely fair.
这么说有点不公平
I'll tell you what's not fair. It's not fair that she gets to buy my nieces.
我告诉你什么叫不公平 她想用钱买♥♥走我的侄女们才是不公平
Would it really be such a bad thing?
这样做真有那么糟糕吗?
What?
什么?
Annabel plays in a band. You draw pictures for a living.
安娜贝尔在乐队表演 你又以画画为生
The way you live, do you have room for children in your life?
你们生活的方式 你们真的有时间来陪孩子们吗?
I mean, really?
我说 你们真的有吗?
What are you saying, Gerald?
你想说什么 杰拉尔德?
When it comes to the girls' welfare,
当涉及到孩子们的权益时
the family courtjudge is pretty much obliged to act on my recommendation.
家庭法庭的法官会在很大程度上接受我的建议
And right now, I'd be lying if I didn't say
而现在开诚布公的说
it was a slam dunk for Miss Podolski.
波多尔斯基小姐是赢定了
But the truth is,
但事实是
I don't want them living on the other side of the country
我比你们更不想让她们
any more than you do.
到外地去生活
So, we can really, really help each other out right now.
所以我们真的可以互相帮助
You want the girls, I need continued access to them.
你想要孩子们 而我需要继续研究她们
What do we gotta do?
我们该怎么做?
This house, courtesy of the Institute, is used for case studies.
这所房♥子 是由研究所提供用来个案研究的
Rent free. You move to the house, you get the girls.
免费 你们搬进来 就能得到女孩们了
This is a joke, right?
不是开玩笑吧?
Mr. Desange, is your brother still alive?
德桑热先生 你哥哥还活着吗?
Has your brother contacted you?
你哥哥联♥系♥你了吗?
Oh, son of a bitch.
哦 臭婊♥子♥
Look, Jean.
听着 简
No. I just want to see them, that's all.
不 我只是想见见她们 而已
You'll see them, I mean, you've got visitation rights,
你会的 我是说你有探视权
we respect that, but right now, we need a little space.
我们尊重你的权利 但是现在 我们需要一点空间
Just work on this thing for a while. Find our feet.
暂时先这样 然后找到彼此的平衡点
Okay?
好吗?
Excuse me.
借过
October the 26th
十月二十六日
Although she seems collaborative
尽管维多利亚看起来很配合
and is quickly recovering her language skills,
而且正在快速恢复她的语言能力
Victoria may be repressing the memory
但她似乎隐藏了一些记忆
of her experience in the wilderness.
那些在野外的经历
Okay, Victoria, are you nice and relaxed?
维多利亚 你放松下来了吗?
Are you feeling sleepy?
觉得困吗?
I want you to tell me the story again. Can you tell me the story?
我想让你再给我讲一遍那个故事 你能讲给我听吗?
It was a long time ago.
很久以前
A lady ran away from a hospital for sad people.
疯人院里跑出来一位女士
She took her baby. They jumped into the water.
她抢了她的孩子 然后跳进了水里
How could you know that story, Victoria?
你怎么知道这个故事的 维多利亚?
Did Mama tell you that story?
是妈妈告诉你的吗?
She showed me.
是她给我看的
How?
怎样看的?
In a dream.
在梦里
Go on, Victoria.
继续说 维多利亚
And you can't tell anyone where you are?
你不能告诉任何人你在哪里?
No.
不能
That's just bizarre, dude.
这太奇怪了伙计
Yeah, well, it's for the girls, to keep the press away.
是的 为了孩子们 为了躲避媒体
It's so messed up, though.
这可真麻烦
All families are messed up.
家家有本难念的经
Yeah, but this one's messed up and instant.
是的 可你家这本是一瞬间就变成中文的了
Heck, I didn't even have the chance
真见鬼 我甚至都没来及想清楚呢
to screw 'em up, they came that way.
他们就这么来了
Leave him.
离开他吧
Can't.
我不能
You didn't sign up for this, baby.
你又没有义务做这些 宝贝
I can't do that to him.
我不能对他这样
Mrs. Sensitivity. You are in a rock band.
敏感夫人 你可是摇滚乐队的成员
I was in a rock band, yeah.
这已经是过去式了
Hey, girls.
嘿孩子们
Hey, come here.
嘿过来
Mama.
妈妈
No, don't call me that, I'm not your mom.
不 别叫我妈妈 我不是你们的妈妈
I'm Annabel, you can call me that.
我是安娜贝尔 你们可以叫我的名字
Or Annie or whatever you like.
或者安妮 或者其他的只要你们喜欢
We could... We could work it out together, right?
我们可以… 我们可以一起面对对吧?
Mama.
妈妈
Handsome?
小帅?
There are no police reports between 2008 and 2012
2008年到2012年之间没有任何警方的报告
that match your patient's story. And Doctor,
与您患者的故事相符 而且医生
there are no psychiatric hospitals anywhere near Clifton Forge.
克利夫顿佛奇周围根本没有精神病院
Where would the closest one be?
最近的一家在哪里?
Falls Church, 200 miles from here.
在福尔斯彻奇 离这里两百多英里
Now this logbook contains records from
这份材料记录了一些
St. Gertrude's Asylum, up by Douthat Lake.
关于圣格特鲁德收♥容♥所♥的内容 就在杜塔特湖旁
That's 5 miles north from here.
离这里向北走五英里
But you told me that there were
但是你刚告诉我
no mental hospitals in the area.
这里没有精神病院的
There aren't. St. Gertrude's shut down in 1878.
现在没有 圣格特鲁德在1878年就关闭了
Page 31, patient Edith Brennan.
第31页 患者伊迪丝·布伦南
Annabel?
安娜贝尔?
Yep?
怎么了?
Handsome's outside.
小帅在外面
It's all right, I put him there.
没关系 我把它放在外面的
But, he's crying.
但是它在哭
Awesome.
好吧
There's no way these kids are ready for this.
这些孩子根本无法适应正常生活