She's gonna be a star in Hollywood.
- 只是一个试镜而已 爸爸 - 别这么说
- It's only a screen test, Daddy. - No.
一个银幕经纪人来挑中了几个姑娘
A screen agent came here and picked out a few girls.
我哥哥就在那
My brother's out there.
他在好莱坞吗
Your brother's in Hollywood?
他说 他是个替身演员
He's a stuntman, I'm told.
就是那种从马上摔下来的人
Falling off horses.
很高兴见到你 Figgis小姐
Pleased to meet you, miss.
警长 再见
Chief.
先生们 再见
Gentlemen.
- 你确定你不想吃个香蕉吗 - 不用了
- You're sure you don't want a banana? - No, that's all right.
- 在波士顿你可吃不到这种水果 - 我知道 看着挺好吃的
- You can't get fruit like this in Boston. - No, I know. It looks good.
- 哦 她在那边 - 什么
- Uh-oh. Here she is. - What?
- 好的 看我的 - 哦
- All right. Just watch this. - Oh, yeah?
你好 午安
Hello. Good afternoon.
- 你好吗 - 我很好 你呢
- How are you? - I'm well. How are you?
我很好
Excellent.
你和你哥哥决定好了吗 关于我们的交易
You, uh... Have you and your brother come to any decision on our...
还没 我们仍然在考虑呢 Coughlin先生
Not yet. We're still considering, Mr. Coughlin.
好吧
Okay.
这对于我们来说将是非常重大的改变
Yes. It would be quite an upheaval for us.
当然了 我理解
I understand. Of course.
要做出改变可不容易
We don't make changes easily.
不过 一切都会改变的
Oh. There's all kind of change, you know.
以前待的地方 我们经常下国际象棋
Where I was recently staying, we used to play chess a lot,
这种改变就像每当你把你的卒子
and this is the kind of change where you get your pawn
走到棋盘另一端 把它变成皇后的时候
to the end of the board and it changes into a queen.
可不需要那么多深思熟虑
There's not a lot to think about here.
- 我会下象棋 - 是吗
- Yes. I do play chess. - You do?
对 我父亲教过我
Yes. My father taught me.
大概你也记得 不管是兵还是王
And what you might do well to remember is that the pawn and the king
最终都会回到同一个棋盒里
end up in the same box at the end of the game.
最终吗 我们又没在讨论最终结束的时候
The end? It's not about the end.
我们现在在讨论的是过程
It's about when you're playing the game.
结束的时候你可以把我吊起来 点火烧死
You could hang me upside down and light me on fire at the end.
但是在过程中 我一定要赢
I wanna win while I'm playing.
我猜 大概你下过的棋 你都赢了吧
I have a feeling you win most of the games you play.
还没有 但我打算赢呢
Not yet. But I plan on it.
要跟我一起赢吗
Why don't you join me?
知道吗 有人说私酒只是副业
You know, some people say liquor is only your side business.
是这样吗
Is that so?
事实上 我听说 你们把赚来的钱都捐出去了
In fact, I heard rumors you give most of your money away.
都捐回古巴去了
A lot of it in Cuba.
你觉得这很蠢吗
And you think that's foolish?
我没有说蠢 这并不是我的使命而已
Not foolish. It's just not my cause, that's all.
你的使命是什么
What is your cause?
在这里做私酒生意
The distribution of demon rum.
还有 一个人的生命不应该被他人左右
And that no man should rule another man's life.
垄断了私酒市场 你就是国王了
If you corner the rum market, you will be a king.
还得对付Albert White
I'll still have to deal with Albert White.
我想知道 你要怎么使用你得到的权力
But how will you hold the power once you have it?
怎么 你觉得我不够强大吗
Why? You don't think I'm strong enough?
我不知道你是否残忍♥
I don't know if you're cruel enough.
而且 如果你很残忍♥的话
And if you are,
我会很难过的
I will be very sad.
有权势的人不需要残忍♥
Powerful men don't have to be cruel.
但是他们通常都很残忍♥
But they usually are.
告诉我 你觉得高尚的人存在吗
Tell me something. Do you think there is such a thing as a noble man?
我对高尚的人没有意见
I got nothing against noble men.
但是他们一般都活不过四十岁
They just rarely live past 40.
我父亲为古巴解放而死
My father died for Cuba.
母亲也因心碎死去了
My mother died of a broken heart.
他经常教导我和Esteban 如果没有能够为之献出生命的信仰
He would often tell Esteban and I, "You cannot truly live
就不能算真正活过
"unless there is something for which you would die."
他听上去像个好人
He sounds like a good man.
他确实是好人
He was.
我们永远不会成为爱人的
We will never be lovers.
不会吗
No?
为什么呢
Why is that?
我不会爱上你的
We will not be lovers.
我们垄断了私酒市场 像国王一样享受生活
We cornered the rum market and lived like kings.
知道吗 这样可以 加快速度
You know what? Fine. Come on, hurry up.
银行倒闭 工厂裁员
Banks collapsed. Jobs dried up.
但地下的罪恶
But vice, it seemed,
对大萧条时代完全免疫
was Depression-proof.
好了 我们走
Okay, let's go.
Suarez和Coughlin之间的合作关系 创造了难得的稳定收益
The Suarez-Coughlin partnership created a rare stability.
我们买♥♥通Albert在佛罗里达州中部的人
We paid off Albert's guys in Central Florida
让他们停止武力抵抗
to put down their guns.
这样如果Albert White想要打击我们 他必须动用自己在迈阿密的人马
So, when Albert wanted to hit us, he had to use his Miami crews.
他的人一出现 我们就对他们发起伏击
And when they showed up, we bushwhacked them.
Albert在迈阿密过着流亡的生活
Albert was living on the run in Miami,
我们也掌控了佛罗里达州中北部所有的酒吧供货渠道
and there wasn't a speak in Central or North Florida we didn't sell to.
找人来把火灭掉
Get something from in there and put this shit out.
好的
All right.
都给我趴下
Get on the floor!
现在 趴下
Get down, now!
趴下 趴地上
Get on the floor. Get down!
趴下
Get down! Get down!
天主教敢在我们的地盘卖♥♥私酒
This is what happens
就是这个下场
when Catholics try to sell liquor down here.
这家伙的名字叫RD Pruitt
The guy's name is RD Pruitt.
好吧 那就去把他给我找到
Well, we'd better go find him.
他是三K党的人
He's in the Klan.
那又怎么样 全国还有五百多万人也是三K党
So, what? So are five million other guys in this country.
三K党都有病
The Klan has a lot of fucking juice.
不过是一群小学四年级就退学的杂种罢了
They're inbreds with fourth grade educations.
他们肯定爱死你了
Oh, they're gonna love you.
一个天主教♥徒♥ 和有色人种做生意 还和古巴女人同居
A Catholic who works with coloreds and lives with a Cuban.
RD的姐夫是个更大的麻烦
Bigger problem is RD's brother-in-law.
是谁
Who's he?
是Figgis警长
Chief Figgis.
我是Joe Coughlin
Joe Coughlin.
我不跟天主教♥徒♥握手
Don't shake hands with papists.
无意冒犯
No offense.
没事
None taken.
如果我告诉你 我虽然是天主教♥徒♥ 却基本没去过教堂呢
Would it help if I told you I haven't been to church in half my life?
好吧 是这样
All right, now.
RD
RD,
听说你在依伯惹了不少麻烦
word is you're causing trouble down in Ybor.
什么麻烦
How's that?
听说你总是袭击别人家的地方
Well, we hear you're sticking up places.
我可不知道怎么回事
I don't know a damn thing about that.
我就是跟你们玩玩
I'm just playing with you.
你们知道的吧
You all know that.
RD
RD,
这是位生意人 来做生意的
this is a businessman who's come here to do business.
我建议你跟他做这笔生意
And I suggest that you do it with him.
他是个私酒贩子 和黑鬼通奸的人
This man is a bootlegger and a fornicator with niggers.
他需要为此受到惩罚 还做什么生意
He needs to be tarred and feathered, not done business with.
哈哈哈 我只是玩玩
I'm just playing.
你开得起玩笑吧
You can take a joke, right?
当然 你随便开我玩笑
Sure, I can take a joke.
只要你还没真正变成别人的笑柄 对吧
Long as you don't become one, right?
听说你很喜欢我们的俱乐部Parisian
So, you like the Parisian, right?
如果我就是喜欢呢
And if I did?
我可以让你分享俱乐部百分之十的收益
I might be able to cut you in on 10% of the house take.
- 可以吗 - 当然
- You'd do that? - I would.
好吧
Well,
我觉得我比百分之十要更值钱吧
I ought to be worth more than 10%.
那你说要多少
电影精选列表