If I've learned one thing above all, do you know what it is?
又是关于什么伟大国家的老故事吗
This gonna be another yarn from the old country?
不是
No.
你做的一切 都一定会报应在你身上
What you put out in the world will always come back to you.
但它们总会来得出其不意
But never how you predict.
那当然
I'm sure it doesn't.
因为无知而产生的自信
Unearned confidence of that about which one is ignorant,
总会太闪耀 让你盲目
always has the brightest glow.
我相信我已经赚得足够的自信了
I think I've earned enough.
她长得很美
She's quite easy on the eyes.
是的 没错
Yeah, she is.
当然除了外表 我不太明白你看中她哪一点
Apart from that, I fail to grasp what you see in her.
你否定她 是因为她来自多切斯特吗
Because she's from Dorchester?
虽然这一点也没什么帮助 她父亲是个皮条客 叔叔杀了两个人
That doesn't help. Her father's a pimp.
Her uncle killed two men.
但我可以忽视那些 Joseph 如果她——
But I could overlook all that, Joseph, if she wasn't...
她从来没有假装过跟自己出身不符的人
She just doesn't pretend to be something she's not.
也许真正的她还没醒过来呢
Maybe she's just asleep.
谢谢你来看我
Thanks for stopping by.
也许今天晚上你应该跟他睡一个被窝
Maybe you should climb under his covers tonight.
什么
What?
他贬低我 好像我是垃圾一样
He looks at me like I'm trash.
好像我们家人都不是人一样 我们只是多切斯特的Gould家
We're not people. We're just the Goulds from Dorchester.
我们只配给你家织窗帘上的蕾丝
We tat the lace for your fucking curtains.
- 上帝啊 不要这么说 - 别他妈碰我
- Jesus! You know what... - Don't fucking touch me.
我整个人生都在目睹你父亲这样的人
My whole life, I got the high hat and the icy mitt
他们的高礼帽和冰冷的手
from people like your father.
我们并不比你们差
We're not less than you.
我没有这么说过
I never said you were.
但是他这么说了
Well, he did.
管他呢 我爱你
Fuck him, okay? I love you.
你以为爱情就这么容易吗
You think love's so easy.
我们可以让它就这么容易
It can be.
哦 上帝
Oh, God.
- 过来 - 我不要
- Come here. - I don't want to.
别碰我
Leave me alone!
我很抱歉 对不起
I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
- 我想离开 - 好的
- I want to go. - Okay.
好的
Okay.
您能赏点小钱吗
Can you spare two bits?
太感谢您了
Thanks a lot.
Joe Coughlin 有人邀请我来的
Joe Coughlin. I got an invitation.
把胳膊抬起来 我得先检查一下
Put your arms up there. I gotta check you.
进去吧
Go ahead.
Joseph吗
Joseph?
是的 Joe Coughlin
Joe Coughlin. Yeah.
幸会
Pleasure.
你知道我是谁吗
Do you know who I am?
知道 所以我才应你的要求来到这里
I know enough to show up here when I'm asked.
我的名字叫Maso Pescatore
My name is Maso Pescatore.
我帮派的地盘是波士顿北端
I run the North End
还管南边佛罗里达州运来的私酒
and liquor coming up from Florida.
我呢——
I'm a man, uh,
我手上握着很多人的生死大权
with the power of other men's lives in my hands.
但事实上 呃
But the truth is, uh,
我只是个简单的意大利老头而已
I'm just a simple wop from the old country.
现在 我唯一的仇敌就是Albert White
Today, my only true rival is Albert White.
解决掉他这个麻烦
When that is no longer the case,
我们就能终结在城市里蔓延的斗争和杀戮
we can see an end to the fighting that has plagued this town.
是这样 我对你没有什么意见
Well, I got no beef with you.
我只是不愿跟黑帮扯上关系
But I don't truck with gangsters.
哪怕是你这样的大族长
Not even a Sheik like you.
你犯下那么多的抢劫和偷窃
You do soup jobs and stickups,
但却不认为自己是黑帮
but you're not a gangster.
- 那你觉得自己是什么 - 我也不知道
- What does that make you? - I don't know.
大概是法外之徒吧 我只是不想过黑帮的生活
An outlaw, I guess. I just don't want any part of that life.
发生在这个世界上的任何好事 或者坏事
How many things, good or bad,
有哪一件是我们想让它发生 就发生的呢
come to us whether we ask for them, or not?
比如说 我的一个手下看到你和一位年轻女士在一起
For example, one of my men saw you with a young lady.
也许不叫“女士”更合适一点 一个情妇
Well, not so much a lady, but a puttana moll
她的金主是Albert White
whose daddy's Albert White.
你想不想 已经不再重要了
So, it no longer matters so much what you want.
你已经身处其中
You're in this life,
你面前只有两条路
and it can only end two ways.
第一 你抢在Albert White杀你之前 解决他
One, you get to Albert and put an end to him.
第二
Two,
我把我所知道的告诉White
I tell Albert about the girl.
让他为了他的情人解决掉你
And he gets to you first.
我已经说过了 我不是黑帮
Like I said, I ain't a gangster.
我这辈子已经杀够人了
And I done enough killing in this life.
你想告诉White你听到的风言风语 随便
You wanna tell your enemy some rumor you heard? Go ahead.
如果我杀掉Albert White
If I kill Albert White,
他的位置会被另一个和他一样的人所取代
somebody's just gonna jump up and take his place.
我却要与Pescatore帮派纠缠一生
And I'd be married to the Pescatore mob for the rest of my life.
很久以前 我就不再亲吻大佬手上的戒指了
I stopped kissing rings a long time ago.
午安
Good afternoon.
你觉得他已经告诉Albert了吗
Do you think he told Albert?
如果告诉了 我早就死了
Nah. I'd be dead already.
上帝啊
Christ.
我们可以一起离开
We could leave.
我们去哪儿呢
Where would we go?
暖和的地方
Somewhere warm.
我哥哥Danny在加利福尼亚州
My brother, Danny, lives in California.
加利福尼亚州哪里
Where?
不知道 我们已经十年没说过话了
I don't know. I haven't talked to him in 10 years.
他给我寄过明信片 说在当演员替身
He sent back a bunch of postcards saying he was doing stunts,
想要做编剧
trying to be a writer.
上帝啊 我们可以去加利福尼亚州
God, I'd go to California.
不过提前跟你说 我可不懂什么正直的工作
I don't know much about honest work, I gotta tell ya.
- 谁说我们要靠正直的工作活下去了 - 好吧
- Who said anything about honest work? - Good.
我们可以为所欲为
No, we do what we wanna do.
想去哪就去哪
We'll go where we wanna go.
睡过整个白天
Sleep by day.
周六我在劳伦斯还有一票活儿
I got a job in Lawrence on Saturday.
之后我就自♥由♥了
And then I'll be free.
可以走了吗
Free to leave?
对 可以走了
Yeah. Free to leave.
我周六得去见那个--你知道是谁
I have to see you-know-who on Saturday.
- 让他去死吧 - 对 我也是这么想
- Fuck you-know-who. - That's the idea.
别这样 你说怎么办 我也没得选
Oh, come on. What's the alternative?
你想让我被扔进查尔斯顿监狱吗
You want me to end up in the Charles?
周六我会跟他在Startler酒店见面
I'm supposed to meet him at the Statler on Saturday.
他觉得让我看他和老婆亲热 是一件很兴奋的事
Turns him on to see me when his wife's on his arm.
在这之后他会到底特律去一周
After that, he's going to Detroit for a week.
你结束之后 收拾一下 七点钟来酒店找我 好吗
Can you clean yourself up and get to the Statler by 7:00?
我结束之后 收拾一下 七点钟来酒店找你
I think I can clean myself up and get to the Statler by 7:00.
闭嘴
Shut up!
劳伦斯的这一票足以支持我和Emma私奔去加州的计划
The Lawrence bank job would net us enough to get to California on.
当时的我 就是在想这件事
It's true that's what I was thinking about.
我们走
Let's go.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
警♥察♥ 警♥察♥来了
Copper. Copper!
噢 小心 小心
Whoa, look out! Look out!
操
Fuck!
让开路
Get out of the way!
啊
Whoa, whoa, whoa!
- 哦 操 - 该死
- Oh, fuck! - Shit!
快点 他妈的让开路 快滚
Move! Get out of the fucking way! Get out of the way!
警♥察♥
Cop!
- 好了 快下车 - 走走走 快点
- All right, get out. Let's go. - Go, go, go!
快上车
Get in the car! Go!
电影精选列表