如果是摔死,不可能有那种伤势
She couldn't get that from the fall?
不太可能
It's not likely.
两根骨头一定是
Both bones had to be broken by a single,
受到后侧单一撞击而断裂
sharp, posterior impact.
我们知道赛斯的车 是否有任何受损吗?
Do we know if Sythe's car had any damage?
没有,如果有,警方报告就会提到
No. The police would have noted it in their report if it did.
如果他们觉得与案情无关 就不会提及
Not if they thought it was irrelevant.
警♥察♥最讨厌处理文件
Cops hate paperwork.
你也是秘密警♥察♥?
So you're some kind of secret cop now, too?
不是,我是狗狗美容师
No. I'm a dog groomer,
但我会收看与聆听许多纪实犯罪节目
but I watch and listen to a lot of true crime,
通常犯案的都是丈夫
and the first rule is the husband did it.
好吧
Okay, well,
丈夫或男友还不都一样 你也认为他有罪吧?
husband, boyfriend. Same difference. You agree that he's guilty, right?
他是最完美的嫌犯 -好,谢谢
He is the perfect suspect. All right. Thank you.
但纪实犯罪第二原则 就是最完美的嫌犯往往不是凶手
But the second rule of true crime is that it's never the perfect suspect.
天啊
Oh, my God.
我只是分享我的经验
I'm just sharing with you my experiences.
你听纪实犯罪播客的经验
Your experiences? Listening to crime podcasts.
等等,还有观赏“日界线” -好
Well, hold on. And watching Dateline.
但那不代表你就是大侦探
Okay. Well, that doesn't make you Sherlock Holmes.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
不是的,案件看多了 就会开始发现某些模式
No, you burn through enough cases, and you start to see certain patterns.
但我认为查案的工作 应该交由律师来做
But I leave the detective work to the forum lawyers. Okay, good. Good.
很好,我们不是来解谜的
Because we're not here to solve a mystery, okay?
我们的职责
All we're here to do is decide if we're positive
是决定我们是否认定 詹姆斯赛斯杀了坎达儿卡特
James Sythe killed Kendall Carter. That's it.
让我看看 -我不这么认为
May I? - Oh. I'm not.
老采石场路会通往公路
Old Quarry Road feeds into the highway.
交通繁忙时 卫星导航会叫你走那条路
When traffic's heavy, GPS will send you that way.
车流会变多
It gets busy.
对,晚上路况很糟
Yeah, and at night, I mean, it's gnarly.
我有次差点撞到一头鹿
I nearly mowed down a deer once.
如果他们也这么以为呢?
What if that's what they thought?
谁这么以为?
Who thought?
撞到坎达儿卡特的人
Whoever hit Kendall Carter.
对,那样很合理 但怎么解释目击证人的证词?
Yeah, man. I mean, that all makes sense, but, you know, what about our eyewitness?
或许他看到另一个人
Maybe he saw someone else?
好,等等,等一下
Okay, hold up. Wait a minute.
我觉得你们提出太多不确定的理论了
Y'all got way too many "maybes" for my liking.
有太多不确定的理论 就可以提出合理怀疑了
Yeah, and too many maybes is reasonable doubt.
我同意贾斯汀的看法
I agree with Justin.
对
Yeah.
好,惠子
Okay. Keiko?
奈莉
Nellie?
我已不确定这个年轻人是否有罪了
I'm not sure any more that this young man is guilty.
对,好
Right. Okay.
还有其他人吗?
Anyone else?
无罪 -好
Not guilty. Okay.
我在17号♥公路睡着 一醒来人就在壕沟里
I fell asleep on Highway 17 and woke up in a ditch.
还好医院就在附近
Thank God the hospital was close.
好
Okay.
感谢你抽空回答 -好
Thank you for your time. Yep.
我们在希腊路街头赛车
Yeah, we were street racing down Greek Row.
我知道那样很蠢
It was dumb. I know.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
无罪
Not guilty.
无罪
Not guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
好,看起来是六比六
All right. It looks like we're six to six.
陷入僵局了
We're deadlocked.
好,现在怎么办?
Okay, so what do we do now?
感觉起来讨论越多 我们知道的就越少
Feels like the more we talk, the less we know.
我好累
I'm so tired.
你嗑药嗑茫了吧,亲爱的
You're so stoned, dear.
回到最初吧
Let's go back to the beginning.
慢慢构筑案件全貌 -不行
Build a case piece by piece.
不要再浪费时间了
No, no. Let's stop wasting our damn time.
大家都先休息一下吧
How about we all just take a breath. It's...
今天很漫长 但票数已经改变了,对吧?
It's been a long day, but, you know, votes... votes have changed, right?
整个过程发挥了作用 -才没有,你害我们筋疲力尽
The process is working. No, it's not. You are wearing us down.
你说了那么多东西 却等于什么也没讲
Talking a lot, but saying nothing.
不管是什么事,只要讨论很多次
I mean, hell, you go over anything enough times,
我们自然都会开始质疑
yeah, we'll start to question it.
对,例如该穿哪双鞋
Yeah. Like which shoes to wear.
对,我们有许多理论 却没有新的证据
Yeah. Look... We got all these theories, y'all, but no new evidence.
对,但那些理论让我们有些人 怀疑詹姆斯赛斯是否有罪
Well, yeah, but those theories are making some of us question James Sythe's guilt.
不…尽管怀疑,但我知道他有罪
No. No, no. You can question it all you want, but I know he's guilty.
只要看看他该死的脖子就知道了
Just look at his damn neck.
老弟,我知道你那本书里有他的画像
Hey, my man. I know you got a picture of him in that book of yours.
对,画得不好,但…
I mean, yeah, but it's not perfect, but...
对,你看?就是这个
Yes. See? Right there.
一条蛇加上皇冠
Snake and a crown.
那是西区皇冠帮的刺青
That's the West Side Crowns.
他们是城里最大的贩毒帮派
They're the biggest drug pushers in the city.
你怎么知道?
How do you know that?
因为我经营男孩女孩俱乐部
Because I run the Boys and Girls Club.
他们毒害了自己的社区
These guys are poisoning their own community.
这件案子对你有特别的意义 -对,没错
This case is personal to you. Yeah, well, you're damn right it is.
我弟弟14岁时纹了那个刺青
My little brother was 14 when he got inked.
他满17岁的一个月前过世了
A month before his 17th birthday, he was dead.
在针锋相对的领土战争中遭流弹射杀
Caught a stray bullet in some... tit-for-tat turf bullshit.
很遗憾,我都不知道 -对,没错
I'm sorry. I had no idea. Yeah, that's right.
你不知道
You have no idea.
赛斯的确提到他脱离帮派了
Look, Sythe did say that he left that life behind.
只有一条路能脱离那个帮派
There's only one way to leave that crew.
所以尽管讨论你们的理论
So... You can keep talking about your theories.
人是有可能改变的 -继续自欺欺人吧
Look, people can change. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.
我每天都跟自己这么说
I... I do. Every day.
我是巴士司机,每天都看到同样的人
Well, I drive a bus, and I see the same people day in and day out,
他们永远都是那副模样
and they do not change.
那我怎么会坐在这里?
Well, then how am I sitting here?
你在说什么? -我应该死了才对
What are you talking about? I should be dead.
我应该死了
I should...
四年多前
A little over four years ago,
我开车撞上一棵树,血液酒精浓度
I wrapped my car around a tree with a blood alcohol level that,
可能早该让我在上车前就倒地身亡
you know, probably should have killed me before I even got in the car
我却几乎毫发无伤
and somehow... walked away with barely a scratch.
你运气真好
Lucky you.
是啊
Yeah. Yeah, part of my sentence
对,我部分的刑罚是要做社区服务
was community service.
我一周在一间小学服务三天
I spent three days a week in an elementary school
教孩子写作
teaching kids how to write.
酒瘾者
Uh... Alcoholics, we can charm anybody.
我们可以迷倒任何人
But the teacher I was reporting to,
但负责管理我的老师非常强悍
I mean, she was Teflon.
她看穿了我的本质
She saw right through me.
她让我终于想为我的行为
And she... She made me finally want to, you know, own my shit
与我自己负责
and just take responsibility for myself.
我仍然不知道我何德何能 能有她这样的女人愿意给我机会
I'm... I'm still not sure what I did to get a woman like her to give me a chance.
但她的信念与相信我自己
But her belief and believing in myself, that I could change, that was...
能够改变的态度让我跨出了第一步
That was, you know, the first step.
那段旅程是无止尽的
And... Look, the, uh... the journey never ends, I know that...
我知道,但我四年滴酒未沾了
But... that's... that's four years.
我还是四年前的我吗?不是
And am I the same man that I was four years ago? No.
绝对不是
Absolutely not.
对,我现在看得出来你改变了
Yeah, well... Now I can see... You changed.
但詹姆斯赛斯那种人是不会改变的
But guys like James Sythe, they don't change.
好,回想他的证词
Okay. Think back to his testimony.
电影精选列表