我那时看了时钟
I looked at the clock.
我也听到雷声
I heard thunder,
所以我走到窗边,闪电照亮了天空
and so I went to the window, and lightning lit up the sky.
我就看到他了 -他在做什么?
There he was. What was he doing?
他环顾四周,然后去了路边
He looked around, he went over to the side of the road.
盯着栏杆外面看
Peered over the railing...
然后就上了车,开车离去
got back in his car and drove off.
你那晚看到的男人 今天在这间法庭里吗?
And is that man you saw that night here in the courtroom today, do you know?
你知道吗?可以指出来吗?
Can you point him out?
在,他今天在这里
Yes, he is here today.
就是他
That's him right there.
请记录证人认出他看到的男子
Let the record reflect that the witness has identified the man he saw as the defendant,
就是被告詹姆斯麦克赛斯
James Michael Sythe.
没其他问题了,庭上
No more questions, Your Honor.
好,今天就到此为止吧
All right. This feels like a good time to break for the day.
休庭至明天早上9点
This court is in recess until 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning
再继续进行庭讯
when we will pick up here where we left off.
贾斯汀,怎么了?
Justin, what's going on?
我需要律师
I need a lawyer.
好,给我一美元
Okay. Give me a dollar.
我不是在开玩笑 这样我们就有律师当事人守密特权
And I'm not joking, that gives us attorney-client privilege.
请坐
Take a seat.
我去清理思绪,结果到了罗迪秘境
So I went to clear my head, and found myself at Rowdy's Hideaway...
我点了一杯酒,在那里坐了一下子
Ordered a drink and sat there for a while,
后来我就起身离开了
then I got up and left.
我到了车子那里,当时在下雨
I got to the car. It was raining.
我掉头开到老采石场路
I turned back onto Old Quarry,
我大约开了四分之一哩 结果撞到某个东西
I went about a quarter of a mile and I hit something.
我下了车四处寻找
I got out of the car and I looked around.
我查看了一下,什么都没看到 我以为是一头鹿,它跑掉了
I checked, I didn't see anything, and I figured it was a deer that ran off,
然后我就回到车上去开回家了
and then I got back in the car and went home.
好,有什么问题吗?
Okay, what's the problem?
我得去当陪审员
I got called for jury duty.
是坎达儿卡特案
The Kendall Carter case? - Mmm-
他们去年10月
And they found her body in a creek bed,
在距离罗迪秘境四分之一哩处 发现她的尸体
about a quarter mile from Rowdy's Hideaway last October.
为什么要跟我说?
What are you telling me?
或许我撞到的不是鹿
Maybe I didn't hit a deer.
我不知道该怎么办
I don't know what to do.
你去酒吧点了酒?
You were at a bar and you had a drink?
对,可是我没喝 -那不重要
Yes, but I didn't touch it. Doesn't matter.
你以前有酒瘾,世上的陪审团
Given your history, there isn't a jury in the world
都不会相信你没喝酒
that would believe you were sober.
但如果我自愿出面 就构成减刑的条件吧?
But if I was coming forward voluntarily, that has to count for something, right?
如果我出面说出真♥相♥
If I come forward and I tell them the truth...
你之前有酒驾前科,你又去了酒吧
Then your prior DUIs, and the fact that you were at a bar,
检方就有理由控告你 违反一级车祸致死罪
gives the State reason to charge you with first-degree vehicular homicide
或甚至是重罪谋杀
or even felony murder.
可处30年到无期徒刑
That's 30 years to life.
什么?
What?
如果你现在出面?
If you were to come forward right now,
你可能就会彻底完蛋
you will be completely screwed.
就这样
That's it?
很遗憾
I'm sorry.
辩方传唤詹姆斯赛斯作证,庭上
The defense calls James Sythe, Your Honor.
请举起右手
Please raise your right hand.
你是否发誓所说句句属实,毫无隐瞒
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,
唯有真实,上帝作证,你发誓?
so help you God?
是,庭上
Yes, Your Honor.
好,请坐
All right. Have a seat.
请郑重说出姓名以供记录
Please state your name for the record.
詹姆斯麦克赛斯
Uh, James Michael Sythe.
雷斯尼克先生,请诘问证人
Mr. Resnick, your witness.
好,詹姆斯 来谈谈10月25日发生的事
Okay, James, let's talk about what happened the night of October 25th.
请告诉我们事发经过
Can you tell us what happened?
好
Yeah, um...
坎达儿跟我去罗迪 喝了几杯酒,吃了点东西
Kendall and I went to Rowdy's to have a few drinks, get some food.
本来玩得很开心
We were having fun, shots and pool,
我们打了撞球,射了飞镖
played some darts, you know.
有证人作证指出你们在争吵
Now, there's been testimony that you guys argued.
你不否认吧?
You don't deny that, do you?
对…
No. No, yeah. Um...
她喝得很醉,一直找我麻烦
She got really drunk and she was... She was giving me a hard time.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
她两周来都吵着要同居
She'd been going on about us moving in together for a couple of weeks and I...
我不断告诉她我还没准备好
just kept telling her that I didn't think that I was ready.
再说吧
We'll... We'll see.
再说吧 -再说吧是什么意思?
We'll see. - What do you mean "We'll see"?
我猜她不想再忍♥了
And she just wasn't having it.
她说我不爱她…
She said I didn't love her.
然后就气冲冲地离开了
And, uh, she stormed out.
后来发生什么事?
And then what happened?
我们在停车场大吵一架
We argued in the parking lot.
我不想再这样下去了 -哪样?
I don't want to do this anymore. - Do what?
我想回家了
I want to go home.
我受够了 -好,快滚
I'm done. Fine. Get out of here.
走路回去吧
Go walk home.
那你就走路回去
Go walk home then.
淋着雨
In the rain.
她喝醉了 一直对我大吼,然后就步行离开了
And she was just out of her head, you know? Screaming at me and walked off.
你做了什么?
And what did you do?
我一开始跟着她 可是当时很冷,还下着雨
Followed her, at first, but it was cold, it was raining.
我记得上了我的车
I remember getting in my car.
停在217哩路标旁边
So I was parked next to, uh, mile marker 217.
我侄女是2月17日出生的 所以那就…
My niece is born February 17th, so that just...
不晓得,让我恢复了理智
I don't know, pulled me out of everything,
我就掉头开车回家了
then I turned around and just drove home.
我们隔天会见面
And, um, we'd see each other the next day,
会跟往常一样把事情说开
and we'd work it out, like... like always.
我是不是太愚蠢了
Look, was I stupid?
居然不想跟她同居?
For not wanting to move in with her?
这样我每天都可以见到她
So I could see her face every day?
那当然
Absolutely, yeah.
我绝对不可能对她动粗
But I could never put my hands on her like that.
我不可能那么对她
I couldn't do that to her.
我很爱她
I... I loved her.
我明白我过去犯了错
Now, look, I understand, with my past, and the mistakes that I've made,
我知道你们在想什么,我真的知道
I know what you're thinking, I do. And I get it.
但我已经不是那种人了
But I'm... I'm not that guy anymore.
我已经改头换面了
Okay, I've changed.
我把那段人生抛诸脑后了,而我…
I left that life behind me, and I, you know...
我以为我控制得很好
I thought I was doing really good.
我不知道发生了什么事
I don't know what happened.
我回家了,我就…我开车回家了
I went home. I drove... I just... I drove home.
我知道你一定很难受,詹姆斯
I know how difficult this is for you, James.
慢慢来,等你准备好再告诉我
You take your time, and... let me know when you're ready.
我没问题了
I'm good.
我现在要让你看一段影片,好吗?
I'm gonna show you a video now, okay?
然后我会问你几个问题
And then I'm gonna ask you some questions.
看到了吗?
Did you see that?
我爱你 -我也爱你
I love you. - I love you, too.
你有没有打中?
Did you miss or make it?
没打中 -你没打中
No, I didn't make it. You missed it.
我来帮你
Well, let me help you.
你能带来好运…
You're good luck. Come here.
没错
I was.
别录了
Okay, turn that shit off.
好吧
Okay.
那段影片是谁拍的?
Who took that video?
坎达儿
Kendall.
电影精选列表