什么时候拍的?
When?
去年10月25日
October 25th. Of last year.
在哪里拍的?
And where?
罗迪秘境
At Rowdy's Hideaway.
谢谢,詹姆斯,没别的问题了
Thank you, James. No more questions.
检方,请诘问证人
Prosecution, your witness.
赛斯先生,你刚说你爱坎达儿卡特
Mr. Sythe, you just stated that you loved Kendall Carter.
是吗?
Is that right?
我非常爱她
More than anything.
在10月25日晚上 你跟坎达儿是开车去罗迪秘境
And on the night of October 25th, you and Kendall drove to Rowdy's Hideaway.
对吗?
Is that right?
开我的车去的
We took my car, yeah.
你们两个到了那里就开始喝酒
And when you got there, the two of you started drinking,
对吗?
is that right?
对,那是一间酒吧
Yeah. It's a bar.
后来你们两个开始争吵
And then the two of you started arguing.
对吗?
Is that right?
对
Yeah.
在这次争执期间 你把桌上的啤酒瓶打翻落地
And during this argument, you knocked a beer bottle off the table.
对吗?
Is that right?
对,那是不小心的
Yeah, it was an accident.
然后她就离开了,而你追了上去
And then she left, and you went after her.
对吗? -对
Is that right? Yeah.
你们在外面继续争吵
And outside, the argument continued, and...
你宣誓作证时提到
it is your sworn testimony,
你丢下坎达儿卡特 让她在倾盆雷雨之中
that you left Kendall Carter alone to walk down a narrow two-lane road
醉醺醺地摸黑走在狭窄的两线道上
in the dark, drunk, in the pouring rain, in the middle of a thunderstorm.
你都这么对待你爱的人?
Is that how you treat someone you love?
没别的问题了,庭上
No more questions, Your Honor.
辩方还有其他问题吗?
Are there any further questions from the defense?
没有,庭上,辩方停止举证
No, Your Honor. The defense rests.
感谢你提供证词 你可以离开证人席了
Thank you for your testimony, you can step down.
各位陪审员,本案的证据提供至此
Members of the jury, the evidence in this case is now closed.
检辩双方此时可提供终结辩论
Attorneys, you may give your closing arguments at this time.
各位陪审团的先生女士…
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...
坎达儿卡特的命案 是一名恶徒犯下的野蛮罪案
Kendall Carter's murder was a savage crime committed by an evil man.
一名清白男子
An innocent man.
一个因为失去毕生挚爱 而崩溃的清白男子
An innocent man who was shattered from losing the love of his life.
有目击证人看到他 在死亡时间出现在犯罪现场
We have an eyewitness who saw him at the crime scene at the time of death.
在半夜能见度很低的暴雨中
In the middle of the night, in a blinding rainstorm...
他很可能看错人了
it could have been anyone.
当她那晚跟他分手
When she broke up with him that night,
他意识到她是认真的 所以他就生气了
and he realized she meant it, he snapped.
所以他连续重击她
And so he bludgeoned her.
完全没找到凶器,什么也没有
No murder weapon was recovered. Nothing.
完全没有
Nothing.
死者身上都是被告的DNA
The defendant's DNA was all over the victim.
没有别人的
No one else's.
检方说有DNA
The State says there was DNA.
那是当然的,想也知道,他们是情侣
Of course, there was DNA. Of course. They were a couple.
对,他们本来是情侣,后来分开了
Yeah, of course, they were a couple. Until they weren't.
詹姆斯赛斯勇敢地踏上证人席 承认了一些难以启齿的事实
James Sythe bravely took the stand and admitted to some difficult truths. That?
那都是在演戏
That was all a performance,
仅此而已
nothing else.
我想大家应该都有同感
Look... I think we can all agree on this.
害死坎达儿卡特的人
The person responsible for Kendall Carter's death
理当接受法律制裁
deserves to face justice.
那个人就是詹姆斯赛斯
That person is James Sythe.
但那个人,那个恶人还在逃
But that person, that evil man, is still out there.
我只是要请各位做出传达真♥相♥的判决
All I ask is that you deliver a verdict that speaks the truth.
关于坎达儿真正的遭遇
The truth about what happened to Kendall.
关于老采石场路那晚的真♥相♥
The truth about what happened on Old Quarry Road that night.
以及他的真面目
And the truth about him.
他的真面目就是詹姆斯麦克赛斯有罪
And the truth about him... is that James Michael Sythe is guilty.
请判他有罪
Find him guilty.
事实是詹姆斯赛斯无罪
The truth is, James Sythe... is not guilty.
请判詹姆斯赛斯无罪
Find James Sythe... not guilty.
谢谢
Thank you.
祝好运 -谢谢
Good luck. - Thanks. Um, excuse me, everyone.
不好意思,各位,如果没人反对
If... If nobody objects,
我想自愿担任陪审团团长一职
I'd really like to throw my name into the ring to be the forewoman.
我参加过好几次陪审团 我很熟悉做法
I've served on multiple juries. - I know the ropes. - I'm cool with it.
好极了 -好,没问题
Yeah. Sure. - Sure!
没关系 -好极了,谢谢
I don't mind. - Okay, great. Thanks.
好,我们现在可以做两件事之一
Okay. So right now we can do one of two things.
我们可以先表决再讨论 或先讨论再表决
We can vote and talk, or talk and vote.
我提议我们直接表决 了解目前大家的立场?
I suggest that we just vote and just get an idea where we all stand.
这样好吗? -我同意
Does that sound good? - Agreed.
好,我投有罪一票
Okay. So I vote "guilty."
是,女士,我也是
Yes, ma'am. Me, too.
我也是
Me three.
这整件事真的很遗憾
This whole thing is such a shame.
对,我真的觉得是他干的
Yeah. I definitely think that he did it.
无庸置疑
Definitely.
我同意
I agree.
一切都说得通
Everything fits together.
对,让他蹲苦牢到死
Yeah. Let him rot.
阿们
Amen.
九票,所以九个人投有罪
Nine. So that is nine for guilty.
你呢,先生?你好
You, sir? Hi.
对,没错
Yeah. Oh, yeah.
对,判有罪很好
Yeah, guilty's cool.
好
Okay.
还有…
And...
还有你,先生,你呢?
Oh! You, sir? How about you?
他应该认罪协商的
Kid should have pled out.
只剩一个人了
And then there was one.
好,你觉得该怎么判? 你支持我们吗?
All right. So... what's it gonna be? You with us or what?
你不想回家去陪孕妻吗?
Don't you want to get home to your pregnant wife? Of... Of course I do.
我当然想 -好,那有什么问题?
All right. So what's the problem?
事关一个人的人生
You know, this is somebody's life we're dealing with.
我们不该至少讨论一下吗?
Shouldn't we at least talk about it?
开什么玩笑
This is a joke.
我们应该要商议
No, it's, um... Look, it's a deliberation.
你们准备要把这个人关进大牢
You are ready to send this man to prison,
可能终身监禁,就这么简单
maybe forever, just like that?
然后?
And?
我听到本案的事实了
I heard the facts of the case. Did you?
你呢? -对,没错
Yeah, right. The lawyer didn't prove,
律师没有证明他确实
beyond a reasonable doubt,
是清白的
that he was innocent.
他不需证明,举证之责在于检方
Well, he doesn't have to. The burden of proof is on the prosecution.
有人对判詹姆斯赛斯有罪 有点迟疑吗?
Does anyone have even the slightest hesitation that James Sythe is guilty?
我是说…
I mean...
如果你们还得思考 那就代表你们不确定
Look, if you have to think, you aren't sure. No.
我确定的是孩子还在家里等我
What I'm sure of is, I got three kids at home I got to get back to.
我们都有生活要过
Look, we all have lives.
没人想待在这里 -好
None of us want to be here. Okay.
那我们…
Um, how about we...
何不说出你觉得不妥的地方
Why don't you just tell us what your issue is or your issues are,
大家一起讨论?
and... and then we can all talk through it?
我没觉得有什么不妥
Oh, I don't have an... an issue. Uh...
好,所以你只是要故意惹毛我?
Okay. So you just like pissing me off, then? - Or what? - No. Look, I...
我有疑问
I have questions.
不对,你只是有罪恶感
Nah. That's just your guilt talking.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
你想回到自己居住的小邻里
You want to go home to your little neighborhood and tell them,
告诉左邻右舍 “我们对那个男孩很公平”
"We did right by that boy.
“让他跟其他人一样 享有公平的待遇”
We gave him a fair shake, just like anybody else."
老兄,等等,干嘛这么说他?
Whoa, man. Hold up. Why're you getting on him like that?
电影精选列表