All right.Well, tell me what happened.
你也看到了是吗?
Oh, you see that, too?
是啊
Yeah.
那是什么?
What is that?
不知道,估计是有什么人在那儿
I don't know.I think somebody's out there.
昨晚那地方绝逼有人
There was somebody definitely out there last night.
你觉得这些旧船还能用吗?
You think that old boat still works?
当然
Sure.
那是啥?
What is that?
唔,巫毒咒符一类的玩意儿
Mmm. Some kind of voodoo or something.
教区里半数墓地都充斥着这种垃圾
Half the cemeteries in this parish are full of that kind of shit.
但是他们为什么要把这些放在咱们这?
But why would they put it on our land?
是啊,肯定有人在外面,一准儿是
Yeah,someone's definitely been out here, all right.
还很新鲜
That's pretty fresh.
啥?
What?
那下面有什么东西
There's something down there.
那是什么?
What is that?
你要干嘛?
What are you doing?
这不是我头一回来河口了
This isn't my first time in the bayou.
嗯哼,有点意思
Hmm.That's weird.
杰莎贝尔
1988年6月12日
那是我的生日
That's my birthday.
为啥有人要这样吓唬你?
Why would someone want to spook you like this?
也许那真的是一个墓碑
Or maybe that's a real gravestone.
也许你有个失散多年的妹妹
Maybe you had a twin sister or something.
我是独生女,就算我有个妹妹,怎会叫同一个名字呢?
I never had a sister.And why would we both have the same name?
是有这种情况的,我有个朋友叫双鱼,他妹妹叫双鱼妹
I don't know.I've got cousins with two Beauregards in their family.
他们就喜欢取这名字
They just like the name.
那谁杀了那只鸡?那花又是怎么回事?
But who killed that chicken?And who brings flowers?
那石头下会不会有什么东西?你觉得呢?
Do you think there's something under that stone?
好吧
All right.
我们回你家里看看有没有什么可用的工具
I guess we'll go back to your house and see what kind of tools you've got.
你一点都想不起来你父母有另一个女儿么?
You don't recall any mention of your parents having another little girl?
好吧,你报♥警♥是对的
Well, you were right to call us.
我怀疑那是死胎
I suspect it was a stillbirth.
我们会做DNA测试
We'll run some tests,
根据你的DNA样本查出她是否是你的亲人
find out if she was a relative of yours based on your DNA sample.
当然我们在尸检你父亲遗体时也提取了他的DNA样本
Of course we have a sample of your daddy already from his autopsy.
一旦查出这死婴是谁,我们会通知你的
So we'll give you a call when we find out who this infant was.
谢谢你,警长,我们一直相信人♥民♥警♥察♥为人♥民♥
Thank you, Sheriff.We knew we had to call you right away.
我再确认一下你和劳伦特小姐到底是什么关系
Remind me again the nature of your relationship with Miss Laurent.
我俩是老朋友,高中好友
We're old friends from high school.
祝你晚上飞得愉快
Y'all have a good night, then.
谢谢你,警长
Thank you, Sheriff.
今晚你不能呆在这了,是吧?
You know you can't stay here, right?
我没地儿可去了
I've got nowhere else to go.
不,你有
Yeah, you do.
-没事吧?
-You all right?
-嗯
-Yeah.
嗨,老婆
Hey, honey.
阿珊,这是莎莎,莎莎,这是阿珊,我太太
Hey, Sam, this is Jessie. Jessie, this is Sam, my wife.
都快1点了,我明天还得上班
It's almost 1:00 a.m.I gotta work tomorrow.
哦,我知道
Yeah, I know.
额,都是我的错,对不起
Um, this is my fault.I'm so sorry.
是我把他带入坑的
I'm the one who dragged him all into this.
我家没额外的房♥间了,希望那个沙发椅能满足你
We don't have an extra room.Hope the couch is okay for you.
谢谢,您太客气了
Yeah, it's fine.
我要睡觉了
I need to get to bed.
谢。。
Thank...
真不好意思
I'm sorry about that.
-这个打开
-Undo these.
-对
-Yeah.
-好了,可以了
-Okay, now.
-嗯,谢谢
-Yeah, thanks.
不客气
All right.
那,需要什么尽管说
Well, just let me know if you need anything else.
谢谢
Thank you.
晚安
Night.
昨晚拉你下水我很抱歉
I'm sorry for getting you in trouble last night.
没事,那就是老朋友应该做的事
That's all right.That's what old friends are for.
你真幸运,早上她上班时你还睡着
You're just lucky you were asleep when she left
for work this morning.
我明白
I see.
是啊,你怎么想起去伍德伯里?
Yeah. So why do you wanna go to Woodbury?
额,我想那里可能有人知道这女孩是谁
Well, I think there's somebody who might know who that baby girl is.
你还记得高中时那个斯科特·戴维斯吗?
Do you remember Scott Davis from school?
嗯,我记得他
Yeah, I remember him.
他妈妈,阿比,在我出生前曾在我家当厨娘
His mom, Abbey, used to cook for my mom and dad
back before I was born.
是嘛,如果她仍活着,我们就去找找看
Well, if she's still alive,I'll take you there.
打扰一下,先生,请问阿比盖尔·戴维斯住这么?
Excuse me, sir.Abigail Davis live here?
霞霞侬
Thank you.
戴大妈?
Mrs. Davis?
你好,戴大妈
Hey, Mrs. Davis.
我是您儿子斯科特的老童鞋
I used to go to school with your son, Scott.
我是阿普,记得我吗?
It's Preston.Remember me?
我是斯科特的小伙伴,小时候经常一块疯玩
Me and Scott used to play together when we were little.
有一次我们从车♥库♥顶上往下跳,您还冲我们吼过,记得不?
You used to yell at us for jumping off your garage.Remember?
普雷斯顿·桑德斯
Preston Saunders.
那时候你把麒麟臂都摔断了
You're gonna break your arm up there,
我在一旁笑出翔
and I'm gonna laugh my ass off.
见到您太高兴了,戴大妈,真是久违了
It's good to see you, Mrs. Davis.It's been a long time.
这还有个人想见您,这位是杰莎,杰莎·劳伦特
There's someone else here to see you. This is Jessie.Jessie Laurent.
您曾在她家当过厨娘
You used to cook for her folks.
杰莎·劳伦特?
Jessie Laurent?
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
杰莎贝尔!
Jessabelle!
戴大妈?
Mrs. Davis.
天呐,她没事吧?
God, is she all right?
她在说什么呀?
What did she say?
伐晓得
I don't know.
她说,“雨弄湿我等,妈妈
She say, "Rain wet us, Mama.
“日晒干我等,爸爸
"Sun dried us, Papa.
“犹大,犹大,是魔鬼的步伐,
"The betrayers are evil.
“祈求大朱鲁,祈求大朱鲁,下凡惩叛徒”
"Call down Djowou. Call down Djowou will deal with them."
那是什么意思?
What's that mean?
是一首海地的老歌♥
It's an old song from Haiti.
海地人唱这歌♥招来鬼魂去附身别人
They sing it to call the spirits to possess someone.
告诉摩西,杰莎贝尔她会遭报应的!
Tell Moses Jessabelle get what's coming to her!
你还好吗?
You okay?
该死的巫术
Goddamn voodoo shit.
我一直很讨厌斯科特的妈妈
I always hated Scott's mom.
莎莎,别担心,她只是个广场舞大妈而已
Jessie, don't worry.It's just some crazy old lady.
目测这广场舞大妈跳小苹果的时候也是这么疯疯癫癫
Probably says shit like that all the time.
“他们招鬼魂去附身别人”是什么意思?
What does that mean "they call the spirits to get possessed"?
有啥目的?
On purpose?
额,这样的,在巫术里,附身不是一件坏事
Well, yeah.In voodoo, possession ain't a bad thing.
什么?
What?
嗯,那是他们仪式的一部分
Yeah, it's part of their ceremonies.
召唤鬼魂,然后附身
You call down the spirits, and they possess you,
然后跳广场舞,就是整个仪式
and you dance around.That's what they do.
你怎么知道这些?
How do you know that?
你不是也在这长大的么,这儿到处是巫术
You grew up here, too.There's voodoo all around this place.
真的有人被鬼附身了么?
They really get possessed?
嗯,那要看你问谁了,我认为是催眠
Well, that depends on who you ask.I think it's like hypnosis.
就像那种信仰疗法,话语治疗
You know,like faith-healing,speaking in tongues.
如果你相信这些,
If you're raised to believe that,
那么你就会认为这些是真的
that's what you're gonna think is real.
加之以鼓声,跳舞附和
Plus they've got drums going, people dancing around.
再往你身上抹点血,你便觉得自己被附身了
They rub blood on you.You think you're possessed.
“摩西” 她刚才说“告诉摩西”
"Moses".She said, "Tell Moses."
这我也不清楚,巫师把所有宗教混为一谈,什么天主教,非洲教