And we fed them huge doses of the stuff.
他们的表现比猴子更可怕
I mean, they were worse than the monkeys.
我不知道人类竟能干出那种事
I didn't know men could do those things.
总之他们变得极富攻击性 明白吗?
Anyway, there was this big offensive coming up, right?
时代杂♥志♥ 亨特利 布林克利-- 每个人都知道--
Everyone knew it-- Time Magazine, Huntley, Brinkley--
那个军官害怕了
And the brass were scared
因为知道无法打赢
because they knew we couldn't win.
士气低落 在国内很丢脸
Morale was down, it was getting ugly in the States.
你应该记得
You remember.
是的
Yeah.
几天之后
So, a couple days later,
他们决定在军队身上使用"梯子"...
they decide to use the Ladder... on one test battalion...
就是你们
Yours.
他们说只会在食品中投放极小的剂量
Just an infinitesimal dose in the food supply, they said,
来证明它在战场上的效用
just to prove its effectiveness in the field.
他们相信 处在攻击状态中 你们将最具杀伤力
They were sure your unit would have the highest kill ratio in the whole God damn offensive,
他们猜中了--
and they were right-- you did--
但不像预料的那样
except not the way they thought.
没人能记起那晚的事
No one can remember that night.
我有些零星记忆 但并不完整
I get flashes, but they don't make sense.
发生了什么?
What happened?
发动了进攻吗?
Was there an offensive?
是的 几天之后 表现很可怕
Yeah, a couple days later. It was fierce,
但你们从没见过
but you guys never saw it.
但有过一次进攻?
But there was an attack?
一次战斗 对吗?
It was a fight, right?
对 但不是和越南人
Yeah, but not with the Cong.
是和谁?
With who?
互相残杀
You killed each other.
什么?
What?
手足相残
It was brother against brother.
失去了辨别能力
No discrimination.
互相撕成碎片
You tore each other to pieces.
上帝啊
My God.
我早知道会这样
I knew it would happen.
我警告过他们
I warned them.
我他妈警告过他们
I fucking warned them!
妈的
Ohh, fuck.
我只是个药剂师
I was just some hippie chemist, right?
我怎么会知道?
What did I know?
妈的
Fuck.
我问过那些收尸的人
I talked to the guys who bagged the bodies.
相信我 他们的情形比你们更糟
They were in worse shape than you, believe me.
他们看到了后果是什么
They saw what was left.
我必须找到你 知道吗?
I needed to find you, you know?
我觉得自己有责任
I felt responsible.
"梯子"是我制♥造♥的
The Ladder was my baby.
去布鲁克林区
I'm going to Brooklyn.
你找错人了
Not with me, you're not.
我在布鲁克林会迷路
I get lost in Brooklyn.
我认识路
I know the way.
听我说...
Listen...
我所有的钱都在这
This is all the money I have.
请送我回家
Take me home, please.
你家在哪?
Where's your home?
辛格博士
Dr. Singer.
啊...真是好久不见
Well... it's been a long time.
你好 山姆
Hello, sam.
你还好吧?
Are you all right?
是的 我还好
Yeah, I'm ok.
要帮忙吗?我可以打电♥话♥给楼上
Do you want some help? I can call upstairs.
不 不 不用了
No, no. That's ok.
谢谢 山姆
Thanks, sam.
莎拉?
Sarah?
杰德?
Jed?
伊莱?
Eli?
如果你害怕死亡
If you're frightened of dying
而且欲罢不能
and you're holding on,
你会看到魔鬼攫走你的生命
you'll see devils tearing your life away.
如果你能泰然处之
If you've made your peace,
那魔鬼就会变成天使
then the devils are really angels
将你从世上解救出去
freeing you from the earth.
加布?
Gabe?
加布?
Gabe?
嗨 爸爸
Hi, Dad.
没事了
It's ok.
来 我们上去
Come on.
Let's go up.
来吧
Come on.
他死了
He's gone.
他看上去似乎很平静
He looks kind of peaceful, the guy.
尽管经历过残酷的战斗
Put up a hell of a fight, though.
他叫什么名字?
What's the guy's name?
辛格 雅各布-辛格
Singer. Jacob singer.
我不在意灰色的天空
I don't mind the gray skies
你会将它变成蓝色
You make them blue
小宝贝
Sonny boy
朋友也许会抛弃我
Friends may forsake me
报告称 越战期间 迷幻毒气BZ曾用于士兵试验
但五角大楼对此予以否认
让他们全都抛弃我
Let them all forsake me
小宝贝
Sonny boy
你来自天堂
You're sent from heaven
我知道你的珍贵
And I know your worth
你在地球上为我建造了一座天堂
You made a heaven for me here on earth
当我两鬓苍苍时
When I'm old and gray here
我向你保证我不会迷路 亲爱的
Promise you won't stray, dear
因为我如此爱你
For I love you so
小宝贝
Sonny boy
电影精选列表