Please, Sam.
那个男孩死了 这事非同小可
The boy died. This is serious.
别操心了 伊内什
Don't bother, Inesh.
她什么都不会告诉我们
She won't tell us anything.
为什么要说呢 我们对她来说什么都不是
And why would she? We're nothing to her.
妈妈
Mom?
可耻
Shame.
可耻
Shame.
可耻
Shame.
嘿 你还好吗
Hey... are you alright?
我听说罗斯的事了 真遗憾
I heard about Russ. I'm so sorry.
我没伤害他
I didn't hurt him.
对 我知道 我只是...
No, I know. I just...
萨姆 你没事吧
Sam, you okay?
我要告诉你一些事 我需要你相信我
I'm gonna tell you something and I need you to believe me.
是的 我当然相信 我可以发誓
Yeah, of course. Cross my heart and all that.
发生什么了
What's going on?
警方认为是某种野兽袭击了罗斯
The cops think an animal killed Russ.
但我当时就在场
But I was there.
那不是野兽干的 而是其它东西
It wasn't an animal,it was something else.
不管那东西是什么 我认为是它带走了塔米拉
Whatever it is... I think it took Tamira.
你为什么要小声说话
Why are you whispering?
因为它在听
It's listening.
呃 请再说一遍 那东西到底是什么
Um... tell me again, what is... what is this thing?
我也不知道它是什么
I don't know what it is.
有时我感觉它就在周围 有时又毫无踪迹
Like sometimes it's there but then it's not there at all.
而且它会让我在梦里看到那些景象 可那感觉无比真实
And... and it shows me things in my dreams but they feel so real.
好吧 萨姆
Okay. Sam...
你看上去好几天没睡过觉了
you look like you haven't slept in days
而睡眠不足会引发幻觉
and lack of sleep can cause hallucinations...
乔伊丝 它是真的
Joyce... this is real.
它感染了我的心智
It's infected my mind.
仿佛我想要对外排解的一切都还深居在我体内
It's like everything I wanted outside of me is inside of me
而我却无法将它掏出来
and I can't get it out.
那是什么意思 我要如何帮你
What... what do you mean? How can I help you?
这就是一直跟着我的东西
That's... what's after me.
我到处都查过了 可我...
I... I looked all over and I...
我找不到 可是我什么都找不到
I... I can't... but I can't find anything.
一无所获
There's nothing.
好吧 把它发给我 我帮你查
Okay. Text that to me and I'll look into it.
我帮了你的忙 你也得答应我一件事
I'm doing you this favor, now you do me one.
今晚放松心态
Just take it easy tonight.
好好睡一觉 明天我想介绍个人给你认识...
Lay low and tomorrow I'd like to introduce you to someone...
我没有疯
I'm not crazy.
我知道 但你并不是孤单一人
I know, but you're also not alone and...
我知道 看起来这个世界仿佛
I know it might seem like there's no one
没有一个人了解你 或者说试图了解你
on the whole planet that gets you or... is trying to get you.
但仍然还有人爱着你 关心你
There are people that love you that care about you...
萨姆
Sam?
萨姆 萨姆
Sam? Sam?
你还清醒吗
Are you still with me?
嘿 你没事吧
Hey. Are you alright?
你那样跑掉 我不知道是不是因为我...
You ran off and I didn't know if I was...
我没事
Yeah, I'm fine.
好的 我了解到那幅画的事了
Okay. Well... I heard back about that painting.
你查到什么了
What'd you find?
听着 我告诉你这些只是因为你非要问我
Look, I'm only telling you this because you asked.
在东印度的神话里 有一种以负能量为食的恶鬼
In East Indian mythology there's a demonic entity that feeds on negative energy.
它叫做"毕舍遮"
It's called the Pishach.
是一种食肉恶鬼 一种噬魂魔怪
It's a flesh eater. A devourer of souls.
你必须把它困入一件容器 某种器皿之中
You have to trap it in a vessel, a sort of container,
并将它一直封印在里面
and then keep it there.
容器
A vessel?
娑婆弥有时会担负起成为容器的责任
Swamis would sometimes take on the burden of becoming vessels.
注:娑婆弥(Swami)又作斯瓦米 是印度教出家人的称呼 通常指印度教里的高僧或大♥师♥
但任何器皿都能被作为容器
But any container could be a vessel.
塔米拉找到它时 它被困在一个罐子里
Tamira found it trapped...trapped inside a jar.
萨姆 你是听这些故事长大的吗
Sam, did you hear these stories growing up?
从你父母那里
From your parents maybe?
会不会是过去几天的压力
Do you think all the stress from the last few days
又勾起了你对这些故事的回忆 -我要挂了
has brought these stories back - I gotta go.
嘿 等等 萨姆
Hey, hold on. Sam...
需要我过来陪你吗
Do you need me to come by?
听着 既然你来向我寻求帮助
Look... you came to me for help.
那就让我帮你
So let me help you.
好吧
Yeah.
好的 地址发给我 我马上就过去
Okay. Send me your address.I'll be right there.
注意安全 萨姆
Stay safe, Sam.
我想要告诉你实情
I... I wanna tell you the truth.
那就告诉我
Then, tell me.
可你不会相信我
You're not gonna believe me.
萨姆妲 我在努力了
Samidha, I'm trying.
告诉妈妈吧 求你了 萨姆
Talk to me. Please, Sam.
我跟塔米拉还小时
When Tamira and I were kids...
你曾和我们讲过那些你从嬷嬷那儿听来的故事
you used to tell us those stories that the ayahs told you.
毕舍遮是什么 妈妈
What is the Pishach, Mom?
萨姆妲
Samidha
拜托 告诉我
Please... tell me.
嬷嬷总说...
The ayah said...
入睡时 内心永远不要带着坏情绪
never to sleep with a bad feeling in our hearts.
因为有种黑暗的生物会以那些情绪为食
Because there's a dark thing that feeds on those feelings.
愤怒 仇恨 孤独
Anger... hatred... loneliness.
怎么做
How?
它需要...
It needs to...
那个词怎么说来着
What's the word?
它要通过侵蚀你的心智来软化你的灵魂
Tenderize the soul by attacking your sanity.
把你与爱你的人隔绝开来
By isolating you from those who love you.
假如有人试图帮你
And if anyone tries to help you...
它就会伤害他们
It will hurt them.
我知道我听起来很像疯了
I know I sound crazy.
但这是真的
But it's real.
嬷嬷告诉你的这些故事 全部都是真的
All those stories that the ayahs told you... they're real.
我认为这一切是卡兰起的头
I think it started with Karan.
爸爸说他们一家在躲避什么东西
Dad said that family was running.
万一他们把那东西带回家里了呢
What if they brought it back to that house?
塔米拉就是在那里找到它的
And that's where Tamira found it...
困在那个罐子里
trapped inside the jar.
她会不会还活着 妈妈
Could she still be alive, Mom?
毕舍遮不会立即杀了你
The Pishach doesn't kill you right away.
而是随着时间慢慢吞噬你
It eats you slowly over time.
等到时机成熟 它就会吃掉你的灵魂
When it's ready...it eats your soul.
她是从周四开始失踪的 对吧
She's been gone since Thursday, right?
不 是周五
No. Friday.
七天 需要七天
Seven. Seven days.
塔米拉今晚就要死了 妈妈
Tamira's gonna die tonight, Mom.
怎么办 我们要怎么办 我必须做点什么
What do we... what do we do? I have to do something.
萨姆妲
Samidha...
"若你独自面对毕舍遮 那你绝无生还可能"
"If you face a Pishach alone,you won't come out alive."
你的灵魂将会从内到外焚烧殆尽
Your soul will burn from within until there's nothing left.
我们该怎么办
What do we do?
我不能什么都不做 妈妈
I have to do something, Mom.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
要召唤黑暗邪灵 就必须献上祭品
To summon a dark spirit we must make an offering.
我们没有血肉 但却可以倾尽所有
We don't have meat, but we'll offer what we can.
你可以
You can do this.
卡兰一定是在封印它时遇害的 但他的确困住了它
Karan must've died trapping it in that jar but he did trap it.
他一定有记下方法
He must've written down how.
这些我见过
I've seen this before.
这是和平祷文
It's a shanti prayer.
一种来自星辰大海的和平呼唤
A call for peace from the stars and seas.
最重要的是发自你内心
Most importantly within you.