做全套的多动症检测
doing a full diagnostic assessment of ADHD.
检查内容很繁琐
OK. So it's quite a detailed assessment.
我首先给你一些评测表
I'm just going to start by giving you these rating scales.
大概得花十五分钟
It will take you about 15 minutes.
我过会回来 然后再讨论
I'll come back and we'll talk about it then.
我可能得花更多时间
It might take me a bit longer.
我觉得我已经走神了
I think my mind is wandering already.
我们看情况吧
Let's see how we go.
谢谢 一会见
OK. Thank you. I'll see you shortly.
做这么多题 我不可能一直保持专注
I'm never going to concentrate through all this!
这是一面透♥视♥镜♥
So, this is a two-way mirror,
我们看得到罗里 他看不到我们
so we can see Rory, but he can't see us.
"使用网络 电游或电视过频或不当"
"Excessive or inappropriate use of internet, video games or TV."
我们已经知道可以检测
We know there are various deficits,
大脑的许多部分 许多问题
various things we can look at in the brain,
我们可以测量与多动症相关的血液情况
we can measure in the blood, linked to ADHD,
但目前这些
but they are still not at the point
仍不可用于临床试验
where we can use them as a clinical test.
由于缺乏生物试验
In the absence of a biological test,
他们得采用技术含量更低的方法
they have to take a more low-tech approach.
在诊断多动症时
When making the diagnosis of ADHD,
我们通常首先使用评测表
we often use the ratings scales in the first step,
在一定程度上筛选出多动症
partly to screen for ADHD
并了解他本人觉得自己有什么症状
and to see what symptoms he feels he has,
从而得出病情的严重性
and to get some idea of the severity of these things,
而第二步则是评估这些问题
but the next step would be to review those questions
与答案
and the answers
评估非常细致
in a very detailed way
从而得出一个清晰的症状描述
and get a very clear description of the kind of symptoms
并确诊患者是否真的有
and to make sure that it really is a problem
注意力不集中及缺乏的问题
with attention regulation and attention deficit
而这些症状则是
that is underpinning and causing the problems
导致他所描述问题的原因
that he's reporting.
当罗里完成评测后
Once Rory has completed the rating scales,
菲尔随即开始访谈
Phil begins the interview.
通过你填的测评表 我首先发现的
One of the interesting things I notice from the rating scales
一个有趣的现象是
you've filled in was first of all that
你说自己儿时症状更多
you scored yourself as having many more symptoms as a child,
而在你评价目前状况时
and then, with your ratings for how you are now,
对你影响很大的似乎是
where it does seem to be having a big impact on you is in the way
你对自己的观感和认识
you kind of feel and think about yourself.
你正常生活的能力
Your ability to function.
因此对你来说 你的工作不太受影响
So for you, it may be the impact is not so much in work,
而是工作之外的事物受到了影响
but actually outside of the work setting.
还有如何♥平♥衡二者
And balancing it, I think, as well.
不知你是怎么看的
I don't know what you think about that idea.
你觉得有理吗
Does that make sense to you?
我承认这一点 因为工作让我专注
I do recognise that, because work does give me a focus
可以例行公事
and work gives me a routine.
当你在有截止日期的前提下工作
Work, when you are doing something against a deadline,
问题就不大了 而当我没有了外界的目标
is less of a problem. It's when I haven't got an outside focus,
没有了例行公事 一切就混乱了
when I haven't got a routine, that it can go to pieces.
那比如读书一类的简单的事呢
What about simple things like reading a book?
当你读一本书时 能从头读到尾吗
When you're reading a book, can you read a book right through,
还是说很困难
or is that difficult?
我除非百分之百集中注意力
I find it difficult to read a book
不然很难阅读
unless I'm totally concentrating.
通常 当我读书时
As often as not, I'll start to read a book
我总要反复地读
and then I have to reread it and read again,
而且还看不懂
and then it won't make sense.
讨论数小时后
After several hours of discussion,
罗里将要知道自己是否患有多动症
Rory is about to find out whether he has ADHD.
多动症诊断 第八天
ADHD diagnosis, day eight.
根据目前
So, I think on the basis of the information
你给我的信息
you've given me so far,
我认为你患多动症的可能性很高
I think it's highly likely that you have ADHD.
我看了你的测评表
When I looked at your rating scales,
你认为自己具有所有的症状
you scored yourself as having all of the symptoms
注意力涣散 打了九分满分
nine out of nine inattentive,
冲动及过度活跃症状 打了九分满分
nine out of nine hyperactive, impulsive symptoms as a child.
此外你认为自己在许多不同情况下
And also, you scored yourself as being very impaired
都有严重的障碍
in a wide range of different situations.
在我看来 你所描述的问题很严重
To me, you seem to describe significant problems
包括专注性 集中力 无条理
with focusing, keeping on track, being disorganised,
维持注意力
sustaining your attention.
当你没有压力
When you are not under pressure,
当你做的不是自己非常想做的事时
when you are not doing something that you really want to do,
你很难完成
is very difficult for you.
这是最后的结论
It's an answer at last -
证实了罗里一直以来的疑虑
a confirmation of what Rory always suspected.
但是第二天
But the next day,
罗里对诊断结果感到不太愉快
Rory is feeling less comfortable about the diagnosis.
某种程度上 诊断
To some extent, that diagnosis
承认了我生活各方面上的失败
was an admission of failure in many aspects of my life.
要面对这个事实
It turns out that being confronted with the reality of it,
还有一连串在各方面都算失败的事情
and a list of things which in many senses are failings,
以及在某种程度上暴露出
and the kind of exposure of many things
你无法真正处理好
that show that you can't really handle
或管理好生活的很多方面
or manage lots of aspects of your life,
这比我想的更难承受
is more, um, more overwhelming than I thought.
但是对于多动症患者
But for people who do have ADHD,
有一些治疗方法
there are ways of dealing with it,
而且可以从居住的环境入手
and that can begin with the environment you live in.
对多动症来说最糟糕的环境
It seems that the very worst environment for ADHD
似乎就是我们现居的二十一世纪
might be our very own 21st-century world.
现代生活重复性高
Modern life has gotten repetitive,
太平淡 重复的事太多 太冗长了
too dull or too repetitive, redundant,
萨利夫·马哈曼
美国犹他州立大学
结果就是 乏味无聊
and as a result, mundane or boring.
萨利夫·马哈曼正在研究
Salif Mahamane is studying
物理环境如何影响我们的注意力
how our physical environment affects our attention.
我们天天都在做同样的事
We do the same things, day in and day out.
我们通常从一个小房♥子走到一个小办公室
Often we'll go from a small house to a small office
天天都在做同样的事
and we do the same things day in and day out,
可能在杂货店停留一下 然后回到家
stopping maybe at the grocery store and then going home.
而这些事情
And those are the things
对多动症患者来说没有帮助
that just don't really do it for people who have ADHD.
萨利夫相信问题在于城市的
Salif believes the problem is that an urban,
室内环境缺乏自发性和意外
indoors environment is lacking spontaneity or surprises.
在室内发生的任何事
Anything that's going to happen in indoor environments
都由你引起
is going to be caused by you.
你让事情发生
You have to make that thing happen,
而不是有趣的事情
as opposed to interesting things
发生在你周围
happening around you.
而萨利夫应该知道
And Salif should know -
他自己就患有多动症
he has ADHD himself.
这有点奇怪
It was kind of weird,
也非常讽刺 我在研究注意力
it was very ironic that I actually study attention
自己却患有多动症
and turned out to have ADHD myself.
我在室内时 感觉像头困兽
When I'm inside, I feel like a caged animal.
我就只想走出去
I just want to get outside.
我出来后 觉得更有活力
When I come outside, I feel much more alive.
我认为在专注于室内的现代生活中
I think in modern life, that is focused on being indoors,
我们逐渐疏离了
we become really out of touch
所适应的环境
with the environment that we are adapted for.
萨利夫相信通过改变环境
Salif believes that by changing his environment,
他能转换精神注意力
he can transform his mental focus.
出来后感觉好多了
It feels a lot better to be outside.
我在这能听见非常多正在发生的事情
There are so many different things going on that I can hear.
鸟叫声
Birds chirping,
电影精选列表