You are...
你就是…
Angelique.
安吉莉
He who summons the magic...
召唤出魔法的人
Commands the magic.
能控制这种魔法
'Tis no story, Auguste.
这不是编造的故事
I saw what I saw, heard what I heard.
我亲眼看到 亲耳听到的
The box opens the doors to hell.
那盒子能打开地狱之门
This is the 18th century, Phillip, not the dark ages.
现在是18世纪了菲利普 不是黑暗世纪
The world is ruled by reason.
任何事物都有原因
We even got rid of God.
我们甚至要摆脱上帝
And if there is no heaven, then it follows reasonably...
加入天堂是不存在的 这样可以推断出…
that there is no hell.
地狱也是不存在的
I was at its very window last night!
我昨晚在窗外看到的!
Very well. Suppose, for the sake of argument,
那好 既然为了争论
that what you fear happened has happened.
你害怕的事情发生了
A box that can open the gates of hell must be able to close them.
能打开地狱之门的盒子一定可以将其关闭
The box belongs to people with little interest in closing such doors.
这盒子属于那些不希望关门的人
Well, then the solution lies literally in your hands.
那么解决方法就掌握在你手上了
You've designed a machine that you fear can bring forth demons.
你设计的这机器害怕它会带出魔鬼
Yes. - Then design a machine that can destroy them.
是的 - 那就设计一个可以毁灭它们的机器吧
Phillip had the design.
菲利普做出了设计方案
That design. It seemed an impossible task.
那似乎是一个不可能的任务
But he had to try, try something.
但他必须作出尝试
And his only hope was to steal the box,
而他唯一的希望就是偷那盒子
the puzzle box that he had created with his own hands.
那个他亲手制♥造♥的盒子
Unbutton my shirt. Yes.
脱下你的衣服
Turn around.
转过身来
Oh, yes.
Toy maker, you have such pliant fingers.
玩具匠 你的手指非常灵巧
I want them to play with me.
我要它们和我玩乐
And take my soul?
并且带走我的灵魂?
It's already gone, toy maker.
它已经不在了 玩具匠
Demons will walk the Earth,
魔鬼会走进人类的世界
and you're responsible.
而你要负全责
Think of that.
想想吧
You and your bloodline cursed 'til the end of time because of your little puzzle box.
因为你那盒子 你的血统将世代受到诅咒
What are you waiting for? Kill him and come back where you belong.
你还在等什么?杀了他并回去你原来的地方
Such pliant fingers.
如此灵巧的手指
My God!
天啊!
Please forgive me.
请原谅我
I didn't know what I was doing.
我不知道自己在做什么
We've got to get you out of here.
我要把你带走
It's too late.
太迟了
They're back. Save yourself.
他们会回来的拯救你自己
Save the child.
拯救我们的孩子
Jacques was right.
雅克说得对
Demons did walk the Earth,
魔鬼的确走进了人类的世界
the same way they're walking this station right now.
就像走进这太空站那样
From a puzzle box?
从那魔方盒子里面?
Angelique had many boxes made from his design,
安吉莉有很多这种设计的盒子
but it wasn't enough.
但还不足够
She wanted a box that would open the gateway forever.
她需要一个能使地狱之门永久打开的盒子
And your family? - Was the key.
而你的家人呢?就是那钥匙
But they treated it the same way you treat it.
但他们像你们一样对待它
Like a fairy tale. But their blood remembered.
就像一个神话故事 但他们的血记得
And as the generations passed,
世代相传
there were Merchants who dreamed of puzzle boxes...
默森家的人会梦见那盒子…
and doors leading to hell.
还有通往地狱的门
And then one of them met... Angelique...
而他们中的一个遇到了安吉莉…
much, much later.
在很久很久之后
Even in sleep, you want me.
在睡眠中 你需要我
Even in dreams, you watch me.
在梦里 你看着我
Yes, I know.
没错 我知道
I know what's in your heart.
我知道你心里有什么
我知道你心里有什么
John Merchant.
约翰·默森
Look at me, look at me, look at me.
看着我
Are you okay?
你没事吧?
Oh, God, I woke Jack again.
天啊 我又吵醒杰克了
Mommy! Mommy!
妈妈!
You look terrible.
你样子很难看
I'm worried, and I really think you should see someone.
我很担心 我想你应该看看医生
You know I've been having these dreams all my life.
我一直在做着这样的梦
John, honey, they're getting worse.
约翰 情况越来越糟了
It is your goddamned grandmother. She was weird, John.
都是因为你祖母 她非常古怪
You remember those stories about how, how important you are and how important the family is?
记得她说你们家族是如何重要的那些故事吗?
Honey, she put stuff in your mind.
宝贝 她向你脑子里塞了很多古怪的东西
Not all of it. There are other things.
并不全是 还有其它东西
Things that feel like memories,
就像记忆一样的事情
impossible memories.
不可能的记忆
And they just don't haunt my dreams, they haunt my work.
他们不仅扰乱我的梦还有我的工作
Everything that I've done... - I don't want you haunted, and I don't want you hurt.
我做过的一切… - 我不想你被扰乱 不想你受到伤害
It's not that. It's... It's stress.
不是那些 而是那种压力
It's this this banquet thing. I hate crap like this!
那些宴会的事情我可受不了!
Oh. Then you shouldn't be so good.
那你就不该那么出色啊
But it's not ready. I'm not sure if it will work. - Right.
这个还没准备好 但我肯定它可以运行对
So that's why your face is on this magazine cover.
所以你才会在杂♥志♥封面上出现
巴黎 1996年
L'Merchant!
默森!
The bloodline continues, toy maker.
玩具匠的血统延续了下来
I'm restless, and you're bored.
我不得安宁而你让人发闷
I think we should see America.
我想我们该去美国看看
Screw America.
美国见鬼去吧
Then I would like your permission to go by myself.
那我得请求你的批准让我自己去了
不
Don't you want to know why I'd like to go?
你不想知道为什么我想去吗?
不
Is that your final word?
那是你最后说的话吗?
是的
是的
Angelique, let's make this clear.
安吉莉 我要说清楚
What you want is irrelevant.
你要做什么是无关紧要的
It's about what I want.
要看我想做什么
After 200 years, you should know what those things are.
200年过去了 你应该明白这些道理
Jacques,
雅克
have I ever disappointed you?
我曾经让你失望吗?
No. - Close your eyes.
不闭上眼睛
Don't move. - Why?
别动 - 为什么?
So you won't bruise.
那样你就不会撞伤
Is this a new game? - Oh, yes.
在玩新的游戏? - 是的
It might hurt...
可能有点痛…
Just a little.
只是一点点
天啊!
Jacques, do you remember De L 'Isle's lesson?
雅克 你还记得德莱尔的教训吗?
Perhaps I was a bit hasty.
也许我太草率了
Enjoy.
享受吧
I forget. You like it rough, don't you?
我忘记了 你喜欢暴♥力♥一点的 对吧?
Please!
不!
Yes, you like it rough!
是的 你喜欢暴♥力♥一点!
It hurts.
很痛啊
It hurts.
很痛啊
Oh, please. Please.
求你不要
You broke the number-one rule, Jacques.
你破坏了第一条规则
You tried to stand in hell's way.
你试图阻挡地狱的道路
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
The toy maker's bloodline has survived.
玩具匠的血统延续了下来
The box.
那盒子
America.
美国
纽约
It's both my pleasure and honor...
我感到非常荣幸…
to present this award on behalf of the architectural community...
代表建筑学会颁发这个奖项给…
to Mr. John Merchant.
约翰·默森先生
John.
约翰
Thank you.
谢谢
I've always thought that the...