If an animal made those sounds, you'd know it was evil.
即使动物发出那种声音 你也知道那是邪恶的
All he's saying is that when Greater Germany is restored...
他说的是 在德国恢复统一后…
he'll have no other territorial claims.
他不会再提出其他领土要求
And you believe him?
你们相信他吗?
I used to paint pictures of all these places when I was home from boarding school.
我过去从寄宿学校回家之后 就在这里绘画
Can I see them? I threw them all away.
我能看看吗? 都被我扔掉了
I had no talent of my own. I just wanted to be van Gogh.
我没什么天赋 我只想像凡高一样
Bonjour,Francoise. Bonjour,mademoiselle.
你好,弗朗西丝 你好,小姐
What are you doing,Father?
爸爸,你在干什么?
I am saving the lives of insects.
我在拯救一些昆虫的生命
I've never seen you so compassionate.
我从没见过你如此有同情心
I don't like the popping sounds they make.
我不喜欢它们那些爆裂的声音
Why are you wearing your uniform?
为什么你穿上军服?
There was a rally in Rheims, the Croix-de-Feu.
不久前在兰斯有一次集中 火十字联盟
Our Popular Front is not quite so popular here in the country.
我们的阵线在这里不太受欢迎
The world is veering towards Moscow...
世界正在跟着莫斯科的掌舵
which is a little worrying for us minor landowners.
而它有些担心我们这些小地主
But politics has never been one of my daughter's stronger points.
政♥治♥从来不是我女儿的强项
Take your feet off the couch.
别把脚放在沙发上
Charles Besse. Guy Malyon.
查尔斯.巴赛 盖伊.梅容
You'll be joining us for dinner?
你们和我们一起晚餐吗? 加两个位置
Guy recently moved here from Engiand.
盖伊刚从英国搬来这里
So,how's the acting?
你的电影演得怎样?
I only did that one film. It was never going to be a career.
我只演过一部电影 那不会成为职业
Whatever next? I can't keep up with her.
接下来是什么? 我总跟不上她
First it was dance, and her room was full of ballet.
先是跳舞 她房♥间里都是芭蕾舞曲
Then she discovers Stendhal,and, of course,she wants to be a great novelist.
然后她想做个小说家
And then there was what,painting?
接着是什么?绘画?
One thing I learned from you,Father, was never to dwell on one's mistakes.
爸爸,我跟你学到一点 不要细说别人的过失
Where's my stepmother? She's probably out walking the dogs.
我的继母在哪? 她可能出去溜狗了
What happened to that Max fellow?
你那同伴麦克斯呢?
A light of other days.
已经成为过去
I sired a dilettante, in every aspect of her life.
我女儿真是个浅薄的人
That's why I resent you, for bequeathing me such superficial genes.
所以我恨你 将如此肤浅的基因传给我
They say a winemaker's taste is the last of his senses to desert him.
人们说,味觉是酿酒人 最后失去的感觉
But Gilda tells me that you're not much interested in wine.
但姬达说你对酒并不太感兴趣
I was brought up on Guinness. We drink Guinness in France.
我喝吉尼斯黑啤长大的 我们在法国也喝黑啤
Very good for an upset stomach. The old hair of the dog.
对肚子痛很有好处 用来醒酒的古法
Indeed.
的确如此
Why,Gilda, you're looking very fetching tonight.
姬达,为什么你今晚如此动人?
She likes to startle me by wearing her mother's things.
她喜欢穿她母亲的 衣服来让我吃惊
I think she intends to make me feel guilty.
我认为她是想让我觉得内疚
You see, she blames me for her mother's death.
她将她母亲的死归咎于我
I don't blame you,Father.
我没有,爸爸
Fate deals some people a rotten hand, that's all.
那只是命运的安排
Fate is an excuse for people who suffer a failure of nerve.
命运是失败者的一种借口
So it was her fault,was it? No,not at all.
那是她的错吗? 不是
It's absolutely and completely my fault. I am an insensitive brute.
很显然是我的错 我是个冷血的畜生
You see,darling? You married a beast.
你看到吗,亲爱的? 你嫁给了一只野兽
I married a beast because I'm a huntress.
我嫁给野兽 因为我是个猎人
And if I can't tame you,I'll shoot you.
若我不能驯服你 我就会射杀你
Then I must mend my ways.
那我必须改过自新了
Isn't your birthday coming up soon,dear?
你的生日不是快到了吗 亲爱的?
Now,we must do something to celebrate this year.
今年我们要好好庆祝一下
You know I never celebrate my birthdays.
你知道我从不庆祝生日
If you're afraid of birthdays already, you'll be a wreck when you're my age.
如果你现已害怕过生日 到我这年纪时你一定会崩溃
I can't imagine ever being that old.
我不能想象活到那么老
Thank you,Gilda.
谢谢,姬达
There's something about that house that turns me into a monster.
那屋子就要让我变成一只怪物
I didn't like his politics, but I enjoyed the repartee.
我不喜欢他的政见 但我欣赏他的巧妙应答
He ends up humiliating all his women.
他总要羞辱他的女人
You saw her,how hard she was trying.
你也看到她有多难堪
All he wants her for is to show her off to his shooting friends.
他只是想在拿 她在朋友面前炫耀
Mia,we're back.
米娅,我们回来了
That bastard.
那个混♥蛋♥
You don't have to go to work today. I'm all right.
你今天不必工作了 我没事
I'm all right.
我没事
Should we tell the police? She was a striptease dancer.
我们应该报♥警♥吗? 她是个脱衣舞♥女♥
They'd say she asked for it.
他们说那是她自找的
Then I'll go round and see him myself. And end up in a cell?
那我亲自去找他 并且被拉进监狱?
He has powerful friends.
他的朋友很有势力
Lucien? Gilda Besse.
鲁希?我是姬达.巴赛
Mia doesn't know I'm calling.
米娅不知道我打电♥话♥给你
She got a little carried away the other night.
她昨晚有些失控
Yes,that's right.
是的
I like it the way you do.
我喜欢你那种方式
And I'm stronger than she is.
我比她更强壮
I thought we should meet. I see.
我想我们应该见面 我明白了
Guy? Yeah?
盖伊? 什么?
Max wants to have lunch today. He wants to talk about another exhibition.
麦克斯今天想跟我吃午餐 谈谈下一次展览
Do you mind? No,of course not.
你介意吗? 当然不会
You should take Mia to a film or something. She needs to get out.
你带米娅去看电影吧 她需要出去走走
That's a good idea. Maybe a comedy.
好主意 看场喜剧吧
I thought you might change your mind.
我还以为你会改变主意
My Engiish friend tells me I'm very stubborn.
我的英国朋友说我很固执
I assume he doesn't know where you are? No one does.
他不知道你来这里吧? 没人知道
Perhaps I should lock the door.
那我应该把门锁上
Why did you decide to become a nurse?
为什么你想做护士?
I wanted to be a dancer.
我本来想做医生
My father was a coal miner. An anarchist.
我父亲是个矿工 一个无政♥府♥主义者
Our house was full of politics all the time...
我们家里总是谈论政♥治♥
but I would always be running away to dance.
而我总是跑去跳舞
Two years ago,they declared a Socialist Republic in Asturias.
两年前,他们宣布 阿斯图里亚斯成为共和国
A house in our street became a hospital.
我们街上的一间屋子 变成了医院
I tried to help,but I didn't know anything.
我想去帮忙 但我什么都不会做
And people were...
那些人就死在…
dying in my arms.
我怀里
And then the soldiers came.
后来军队来了
I tried to stop them from taking my brother, and that's when they hurt my leg.
我试图阻止他们带走我弟弟 他们就打伤了我的腿
After that,I knew I couldn't be a dancer.
从那以后 我知道自己不能跳舞
And I wanted to help people.
而且我想帮助人们
So that's why I am becoming a nurse...
所以我想做个护士…
and why I need to go back to my country.
也是我回祖国的原因
Hello. How did it go?
你好 怎么样了?
It was fine. You're doing another exhibition?
很好 你要做另一个展览吗?
We played around with a few different ideas. I did most of the talking.
我们试了很多想法 我进行大部分的谈话
Why are you two looking so miserable? Trois cognacs.
你们两个为何看来如此痛苦? 一杯白兰地
We saw a newsreel on Spain.
我们看了西班牙的一个影片
You were supposed to be cheering her up.
我们应该鼓励她
It was my idea.
那是我的主意
We wanted to see what else was going on in the world.
我们要看看世界 还发生了什么事情
There will always be wars...
总是会有战争的…
while there are people dying to be martyrs.
战争就会有人成为烈士
Go on. Say how guilty you feel.
继续,说说你多么内疚
Afterwards,we sat out in the gardens.
然后,我们在花♥园♥里坐下
I'm serious. You need to get it out of your system.
我是认真的.你们要走出来
Because you feel guilty that life is good here...
因为你觉得内疚 这里的生活很好…
while terrible things are happening there.
而那里的情况非常可怕
After you've talked about it,you'll feel better because you've shown you care.
你说出来之后 你就会觉得好点,因为你关心
To you...
对于你…
for getting rid of that vile man.
祝你摆脱那个可耻的家伙
And you...
还有你…
for getting rid of your guilt.
祝你摆脱你的内疚
To us. To us.
为了我们 为了我们
You live in a cocoon. You don't think about the world outside.
你作茧自缚 你不关心外面的世界
I give my allegiance to those around me.
我对周围的人忠诚
We share the world, whether we like it or not.
我们分享一个世界 无论我们喜欢与否
You can share my bed as long as you don't bring your newsreels or newspapers into it.
只要你不把影片和报纸带上来 就可分享我的床
Marry me.
嫁给我
What? I'm serious.
什么? 我是认真的