I know. He's the Piltdown man. I'm planning to exhibit him.
我知道,他是个原始人 我准备将他展览
Julian,nothing happened. I don't for a moment think anything did.
吉利安,没发生过任何事 我想不到其他事情
Apart from us writing sonnets all over each other.
除了在身上写十四行诗
All right. Do you mind getting up,please, before anyone else sees you?
好了 在其他人看到之前请你们起来
Be a darling and lend me your dressing gown,would you?
借你的睡袍给我好吗?
Gilda,what have you got on under there?
姬达,你在下面穿着什么?
Well,seeing it's your big day...
因为这是你的大日子
I'm wearing my birthday suit in your honor.
我正裸体以表示重视
I thought for certain I would hear that Gilda and Julian had broken up...
我还以为他们肯定会分手
but nothing seemed to have changed between them.
但他们之间就像 没有什么改变一样
A few weeks passed...
几周之后…
and just when I'd resigned myself to never being with her again...
就在我以为 不会再跟她一起的时候
something unexpected happened.
有些意想不到的事情发生了
The divorce was at least 12 years ago. Yeah,she must be devastated.
他们12年前就离婚了 是的,她一定很伤心
Can I join?
我能加入吗?
That's five shillings annual membership fee.
那只是一年的会费,五先令
I read about your mother. It must have been awful.
我看到你母亲的消息 那一定很难受
She was a stranger to me,really.
对我来说,她其实是个陌生人
But how have you been? Practicing my billiards.
你最近怎样? 在练习台球
I wanted to see you, to tell you that I'm leaving Engiand.
我想来告诉你 我就要离开英国
Why?
为什么?
The wanderlust has got me. I want to travel.
旅行癖发作了,我想去旅行
Where will you go?
你要去哪里?
I loved the Arabian Nights when I was younger.
我小时候很喜欢天方夜谭 (阿♥拉♥伯故事)
Maybe I'll start there.
也许会在那里开始
Would you like a traveling companion?
你想找个同伴吗?
You have to finish your degree.
你必须完成学业
Does Julian know? I'll leave him a nice letter.
吉利安知道吗? 我给他留了一封信
You're the one friend from this chapter I'd like to keep.
你是我唯一想保留的朋友
Three weeks later,Gilda left England.
三周后,姬达离开了英国
And so began our one-sided correspondence.
我们之间的单向通讯开始了
For she was never in one place long enough for my letters to catch up with her.
因为在我的信到达之前 她已经去了另一个地方
After a year,she stopped writing.
一年之后,她没再来信
By the time I graduated and began teaching in the East End of London...
那时我已经毕业 在伦敦东部开始教书
I'd managed to finally put her behind me.
我总算把她放在身后
Civil war had broken out in Spain...
西班牙发生内战
and I was campaigning for the Republican side...
我正参选加入共和党
in its increasingiy desperate fight against the Fascists.
支援他们反法♥西♥斯♥的战争
Tiberius is in a bad mood! Where are those slaves?
泰比里厄斯心情不好! 那些奴隶在哪?
We'll see how brave you are in the Coliseum.
我们要看看你在 斗兽场有多勇敢
Take away their drinking water.
拿走他们的食水
I hadn't had a letter from her for almost a year.
我几乎一年没收到她的信
But Gilda always had an uncanny sense of timing.
但姬达的时间感总是很神秘
She was back in Paris...
她回到了巴黎
telling me a whole new chapter of her life was beginning...
告诉我,她生命中的 新章节正要开始
and demanding I visit her.
并要求我去探望她
Once more,nothing else in the world existed for me.
再一次 世上没什么为我而存在
Bonjour.
你好
Guy! You came! And so soon!
盖伊!你来了!还真快!
Well,you finally sent me an address.
你终于给我留了地址
Look at you. Suddenly you're a man.
看看你 突然间变了一个男人
I even shave now.
我现在还会刮胡子
How long can you stay? Only till tomorrow. I have to work.
你要留多久? 直到明天,我要上班
That's ridiculous. You have to stay for at least a month.
那真荒谬 你起码要留一个月
You'll be able to see my show. What sort of show?
你就能看到我的展览 什么展览
You'll see tonight.
今晚就能看到
I saw you in a film as a slave in ancient Rome.
我看到你在电影里 扮演一个古罗马奴隶
Wasn't it ludicrous? How did you get the part?
很滑稽是吧? 你怎么得到那个角色?
I met an American cameraman and went back to Hollywood with him.
我认识了一个美国摄影师 并跟他去了好莱坞
At first I wanted to be an actress...
本来我想做个演员
but then I got more interested in cameras.
但后来我对摄影越发感兴趣
I'd pick his brains in bed every night.
我每晚在床上窃取他的 智慧成果
Are you married yet?
你结婚了吗?
Not quite. Good.
还没有 好
I'm sure you have a menagerie of admirers.
我肯定你有很多仰慕者
So what do you do after work? I raise money for Republican Spain.
工作之后你有什么打算? 我要为西班牙共和党筹款
I forgot you had a conscience.
我忘记了你有一颗正义的心
Max! This is Guy.
麦克斯!这是盖伊
He just arrived from London.
他刚从伦敦过来
Welcome to Paris. Are you here for the opening?
欢迎来到巴黎 你来看开幕式吗?
He doesn't know anything about it, so he'll be completely objective.
他还不了解什么 所以他可以完全客观
Right.
对
Where are you staying?
你住在哪里?
There's a hotel my friends like, just around the corner.
我有朋友就在附近开酒店
He's staying here.
他住在这里
He and Mia can sing each other to sleep.
他和米娅可以 唱歌♥哄对方睡觉
Good.
好
This is going to be incredibly giamorous, isn't it?
这一定非常迷人,是吧?
And I'm going to be incredibly dowdy.
而我将变得非常懒散
You're British. People expect it.
你是个英国人 别人期待那样
Do you mind?
你介意吗?
So Max is a lover?
麦克斯是一个情人?
He owns the gallery.
他是画廊的主人
Actually,he's good company...
其实,他是个好同伴
but he's become extremely proprietorial lately.
但最近他的占有欲非常强
He's on very thin ice. Then I hope it melts.
他正如履薄冰 那么我希望冰会融化
Don't sulk.
别生气
I didn't know you were coming so soon.
我没料到你那么快就来了
And anyway...
而且…
I'm sure you're not sleeping alone in London every night.
我肯定你在伦敦 肯定不是一个人睡觉
Moments of yearning. Lust,vanity,and joy.
向往,欲望 虚荣与欢愉的片刻
Loves won and lost.
赢得爱,失去爱
It's an honor to be the first to host the work...
我们有幸可以首先观看…
of this gifted new photographer.
这位天才摄影师的新作
Finally,as a bonus, may I present a living sculpture...
最后,作为附加表演 我来介绍…
created especially for tonight?
为今晚特别创作的活人雕塑
The pictures were good of their kind. But the sculptures were something else.
相片非常出色 但那些雕塑是另一回事
The trouble is we're never going to see them again.
问题是我们不会再看到他们
You should film them,Gilda. Record them for posterity.
你应该录影 留给他们的后代
They need to be live, so people can lean over...
他们必须是活人 这样人们就可以…
and smell the skin of the models.
俯身过去闻模特的味道
Does that worry you,Mia?
你觉得那样难受吗,米娅?
Having people sniffing around you like dogs?
有人在你身旁像狗一样嗅你
I'm a sculpture,so I ignore them.
我是个雕塑,所以我忽略他们
What about you,Guy?
你呢,盖伊?
Have you seen anything like that in Engiand?
你在英国见过这样的事情吗?
No,I haven't.
没见过
Guy thinks art should be political.
盖伊认为 艺术应该有政♥治♥性
In London,he spends most of his time campaigning for Republican Spain.
他在伦敦大部分时间 用于竞选加入西班牙共和党
German artists spent the last 15 years lampooning the Nazis...
德国的艺术家在过去15年里 不断讽刺纳粹
and had no effect at all.
然后没有任何效果
At least they tried.
起码他们作出尝试
Rather pointless if all they achieve is a ticket to one of those camps.
如果他们因此进入集中营 那就没有意义
And the satisfaction of knowing they had the courage of their convictions.
他们会为自己的 勇气感到自豪
Here's to judicious cowardice.
为明智的懦夫干杯
No. Here's to Mia, whose beauty inspired us all.
不,为米娅干杯 她的美丽启发了我们
You should model for Coco Chanel. I could introduce you.
你应该为香奈尔做模特 我可以给你介绍
Mia's training to be a nurse.
米娅正准备做一名护士
She only models in her spare time, and I have an exclusive contract.
她只在空余时间做模特 而且我有独占的合约
But I do feel I've seen you before. I never forget a face.
但我感觉曾经见过你 我过目不忘
Perhaps you saw me at Le Grand Jeu.
也许你在极乐俱乐部见过我
So how do you carry on your crusade for Spain?
你要怎样继续那西班牙征战?
Do you sit on a committee and hand out pamphiets in the street?
在委员会工作并在街上派传♥单♥?
And if you really feel so strongiy...
如果你感觉如此强烈
why don't you enlist in the International Brigades?
为什么不加入国际战队呢?
I plan to at the end of school term.
我打算在学期结束后加入
Are you serious? Yeah,I am.
你说真的吗? 是的
Well,the line must be drawn.
人们一定要团结起来
Fascism must be stopped before it engulfs us all.
要在法♥西♥斯♥吞没所有人 之前阻止他们
Good night.
晚安