and hoping beyond hope that it would suddenly grow.
现代医学主要是治疗疾病的症状
Modern medicine is very much about treating the symptoms of a disease
而不是导致疾病的潜在因素
rather than the underlying problems that lead to it.
展望未来 我们希望 有一种更智慧的方法
Moving forward, we want to have a smarter approach
专门针对肠道中的微生物 从而真正产生积极的效果
to target the microbes in our gut to actually have positive effects
并从根本上预防许多问题的发生
and prevent many of the problems from even starting.
微生物群改变了医学的游戏规则
And so, the microbiome is a game changer for medicine
因为只要选择正确的食物
because everyone can be their own pharmacist
每个人都能成为自己的药剂师
just by picking the right foods to eat.
受到我们研究结果的启发 我的一位同事
Inspired by our findings, one of my colleagues decided
决定开始每天饮用 含有60种不同蔬果的奶昔
to start drinking smoothies with 60 different kinds of plants a day.
你们可以看到 红色♥区♥域 是他食用普通饮食的结果
And so what you can see is he's over here in this red region with his regular diet.
但现在 他在喝了那种奶昔后 变成了橙色的区域
But now, he's moved over to this orange region after eating the smoothies.
花了几周的时间 但他确实变到了一个完全不同的区域
Took a few weeks, but he's really changed to this completely different region of the plot.
几个月后 饮用奶昔结束
And by the time this ends, which is a few months later,
他现在的微生物群结构
he's now got a much more diverse microbiome configuration
比一开始要丰富多样得多
than he had at the beginning.
但你还没开始喝这个
But you haven't started drinking these?
没有 我尝过
No, I tasted them.
我想这正是需要科学家 和厨师合作的领域
I think this is one of those things where you really need a collaboration between scientists and, say, chefs
厨师不仅要把你想要的东西都放进去
to not just get all the things you want in there,
还要让它足够美味
but to make it taste good as well.
我不知道那是什么意思 但没关系
Well, I have no idea what that means, but that's cool.
好了 我们开始吧
Um, all right, let's get started.
红绿生菜 有了
Red and green lettuce, check.
菠菜 有了 紫羽衣甘蓝 有了
Spinach, check. Purple kale, check.
萝卜头蔬菜 有了
Carrot-top greens, check.
西红柿、胡萝卜、西葫芦、牛油果
Tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, some avocados.
萝卜和红枣是我还没有尝试过的组合
Radishes and dates is a combination I have yet to try,
但这也许会成为 我的马卡龙新口味 谁知道呢
but maybe that'll be my new macaron flavor, who knows?
他喝多少奶昔
How much smoothie does he eat?
这里的食材是我一个星期的量了
The produce out here is about what I eat in produce for, like, a week.
一杯水
So one cup of water.
感觉有点像在做科学实验
It does feel a bit like doing a science fair experiment.
我要放一整块姜进去
I'm going to throw in a whole knob of ginger.
因为姜永远不嫌多
'Cause you can't get enough of that ginger.
我的第一反应是 谁有时间这么做
I mean, my initial reaction is, who has time to do this?
放一整颗无花果 我喜欢无花果
We'll do a whole fig. I like figs.
我觉得粉色可能对人特别有益
I feel like the pink color is probably extra good for you or something.
抗氧化剂
Antioxidants.
土豆 我也…
Oh, the potato. I'm also...
它会非常…
It's going to be so, like... Ugh!
凡事都有第一次
First time for everything.
一茶匙
And a teaspoon.
我想这就行了
I think that's it.
好了
Okay.
我觉得它的颜色会非常有趣
I think this is going to be an incredibly interesting color.
看起来还不赖 当然看起来不算太好
Doesn't look bad. I mean, it doesn't look great.
但我喝过更恶心的奶昔
But I've drank grosser smoothies.
闻起来很绿
Smells real green.
好稠啊
Oh, it's so thick.
很有质感
It's got texture to it.
其实还不错
It's actually not bad.
还好 健康的味道
It's fine. It tastes healthy.
你会怎么改善它
How would you make this better?
去掉一些东西 比如抱子甘蓝
Just, I mean, removing things like the brussels sprouts
我觉得它的味道太重了
that will kind of, I think, overpower it.
如果你要加 可以换成西班牙冷汤
Or if you're gonna do that, just turn it into gazpacho.
我想 如果他们能接受绿色奶昔本身
I think a lot of the green smoothies I eat would be so much better
那再加点盐和醋
if they embraced what it is and added some salt
那你喝的就是西班牙冷汤了
and, like, a little bit of vinegar, and you're just drinking gazpacho.
听起来很棒 我猜只要给他们的奶昔调调味就行了
It sounds great, but they just need to season their smoothies, I guess.
食物对你的影响 以及你吃的东西
It is kind of spectacular what food can do to you,
真的能改变你的身体 这让人挺吃惊的
and how what you eat really does change your body.
今天吃的东西会在24小时内 影响你明日的微生物群
What you eat today will impact your microbiome tomorrow, within 24 hours.
我的规则就是"ABC法则" 时刻保持计算
My rule is ABC, always be counting.
时刻计算着你吃下的蔬果数量
Always be counting the number of fruits and vegetables you're eating.
如果你每周能吃20到30个不同的蔬果
If you eat about 20 to 30 different fruits and vegetables each week,
我觉得就很好了
I think you're good.
你想要一些简单的规则吗
If you want some simple rules to follow,
想想我们之前的几代人吃的是什么
think about what the generations before us ate.
蔬菜、水果、坚果、豆类
I mean, vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans,
甚至还有充满各种微生物的发酵食品
even fermented foods that are teeming with different types of microbes.
发酵食品是最原始的益生菌
Fermented foods were really the original probiotics.
你只需要在蔬菜里加上盐 把它放在室温条件下
You can just take vegetables, add salt, and let them sit at room temperature,
几天后你就能得到美味的发酵食物了
and you're gonna have this delicious fermented food in a couple days.
一切顺利 - 做好了
Doing great. - You doing great?
真棒 宝贝
Uh-huh. That's good, baby.
玉米不是玉米的时候 就是这个样子吗
Is this what corn looks like when it's just not corn?
你是说新鲜的 非开袋即食的时候吗 - 对
You mean when it's fresh and not out of the bag? - Yes.
这里面有玉米
There's corn in here.
对
Yeah.
我过去肯定也有过困惑
I was definitely confused in the past.
了解科学知识 让我知道了
Learning the science helped me to know that,
"好吧 你不能简单地说我在节食"
"Okay, you can't just say I'm on a diet."
你必须改变你的生活方式
You literally have to change your lifestyle
每天做一些小事
and doing little things every day.
土豆切好 洗干净 - 切好 洗干净
Potatoes cut and rinsed. - Cut and rinsed.
我的孩子们非常好胜
My kids are super competitive.
我让他们来帮我 把它变成了烹饪比赛
I get them to help me. I've made it like a cooking competition.
我让他们跟我一起去杂货店
I get them to go to the grocery store with me.
然后一起做饭
Then we get to cook.
这么做的时候 我们一起相处的时间更多了
So we've been spending a lot more time together while doing it.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
在帮你 我想永远都当厨师
I'm helping you. I wanna be a chef, forever.
你想当厨师
You wanna be a chef?
是啊 我想每天都做饭 想当厨师
Yeah, I wanna cook every single day. I want to be a chef.
我听过人们如何谈论自己的身体
I've experienced how people talk about their body,
以及他们与身体的关系
and what way of relationship they have with it.
两个鸡蛋 两个蛋黄
Two eggs and two egg yolks.
没有一种超级健康的食物
There's not one super health food that you can eat,
也没有一个 能让一切都变得更好的建议
or this one advice that you can follow so everything gets better.
更重要的是 建立与肠道的关系
It's really more about building up a relationship to the gut.
你们都做得很好 击掌
Y'all are doing such a great job. High five.
重新连接 可以通过科学手段 可以通过知识
Reconnecting can be done by science, and can be done by knowledge,
但前提是 你得有一种感觉
but only also if you, you know, get a feeling,
一种聪明的感觉
get a smart feeling for it.
白酱意面完全呈现出了 我最害怕的食物的特征
Carbonara is kind of like the complete realization of the foods that I am most scared of.
事实上 自从我开始研究肠道这个主题后
Since I've gotten into the topic of the gut,
我变得轻松多了
I have become much more relaxed, actually.
我似乎明白了 只要我大部分时间能善待我的肠道
I feel like I know how resilient and strong and stable this organ can be
它就会变得十分坚韧、强大和稳定
if I treat it right most of the time.
更重要的是倾听你的身体
It's really more about just listening to your body
以创造一种更聪明的身体感觉
to create a smarter body feeling.
在我的职业生涯中
Throughout my career,
比起大胃王比赛 对我影响更大的就是热狗了
what's influenced me more than competitive eating is the hot dog.
好的 我们要加入牛油果 紫苏、香菇和大蒜
Okay, we're adding avocado, shiso, shiitake, and garlic.
耶 太棒了
Yeah! It's so good.
我想用健康的日本食材
I want to create a healthier hot dog
制♥作♥出一种更健康的热狗
by combining it with healthy Japanese ingredients.
好吃
Mmm! This is good.
好好吃
Very delicious!
这是新的组合 停不下来
This is something new. Unstoppable.
所以你可以吃下某种东西 然后看看 我感觉怎么样
You can eat something and then see, how do I feel,
一个半小时 两个小时或两个半小时后
one and a half, two, or two and a half hours later
在它被吸收进入我的血液之后
when it's being taken up in my blood.
一块蛋糕 、薯条、薯片 初尝时味道很好
A piece of cake or fries, chips, tastes great in the first second.
你会想:"啊 多来点"
You'll be like, "Ah! More of these,"
但之后你会觉得很累 很迷糊之类的
but later on, you'll feel really tired, or foggy, or whatever.
而一顿饭 比如米饭和蔬菜 可能就不会那么让人上瘾了
And a meal of, like, rice and vegetables might not be as addictive,
但它会让你觉得更稳定
电影精选列表