...without signals coming from the gut.
我被我的肠道吞噬了
I'm being swallowed by my gut.
这是肠道的反击
I mean, you know, it's the gut fights back.
这整个领域正在颠覆现代医学
This whole field is disrupting modern medicine.
这个展览是根据我和姐妹…
This is an exhibit that's based on a book...
写的一本关于肠道的书设计的
...that my sister and I did about the gut.
这样做的目的 是把内部的东西展示出来
And the purpose of it is to just turn the inside out.
这个可能比较好
This is probably better.
这样看可能要更准确一些
This is much more accurate, actually, when you look at it like this.
肠道并不是笔直的
The intestinal tract, it's not a straight thing.
它九曲十八弯
It's a bit, you know, crooked here, crooked there.
比如胃部 它是这样的
The stomach, for example, it goes like this.
所以上面有一个气泡
So on top of it, there's an air bubble.
所以当你的胃里有很多气时
So when you really have a lot of air in your stomach,
你想把它排出去 那就向左侧躺
and you want to get it out, lay on your left side
因为这样气体能很好地被排出去
because then the air bubble actually can go out quite nicely.
如果我是一颗食物微粒 我会到达小肠
And then if I were a food particle, and I would arrive at the small intestine,
然后这些褶皱和绒毛会突出来
then all these folds and villi would stick out,
而我会…
and I would be like, "Ah!"
我可能会被消化吸收进入血液
And I could be, like, digested and be taken up into the blood.
有趣的是 我们并不能自己完成消化
What's interesting is that we can't digest on our own.
我们需要微生物才能正常消化
We need microbes in order to do that properly.
最微小的病毒与微小的细菌合作
The tiniest virus works with the small bacteria,
与体积大很多的酵母菌合作 与超级巨大的人类合作
works with a much larger yeast, works with a super big human,
而这就是我们所说的微生物群系
and this is what we call the microbiome.
大多数人都认为细菌是不好的
Most people think that bacteria are bad,
可事实上 99%的细菌不会对我们造成任何影响
but, actually, 99% of them don't do anything to us,
有些甚至还能帮助我们
and some can even help us.
有些细菌的作用比我们想象的更重要
Some bacteria have more important roles than we could have imagined.
如果让它们在我们身上生活 它们就会把自己的技能借给我们
If we let them live on us, they'll actually lend us their skills.
帮助我们消化食物
They help with digesting our food.
好吃
Yummy!
它们有助于消除炎症 使免疫系统不太可能
They help to quiet inflammation and make the immune system less likely
引起自身免疫性疾病
to cause autoimmune disease.
我们的免疫系统 有约70%存在于我们的肠道中
Approximately 70% of our immune system lives in our gut.
细菌会训练免疫系统
Bacteria train that immune system
对可能对健康 造成影响的有害生物做出反应
to respond to bad organisms that might have a consequence on health.
它们能帮我们合成 自己无法合成的化学物质
They help produce chemicals which we can't.
微生物会影响我们的荷尔蒙 会让我们感觉饥饿或饱足
Microbes can shape our hormones, and they can make us feel hungry or full.
它们能与大脑沟通 与其他器官沟通
They can be communicating with the brain. They're communicating with other organs.
它们在我们生命的早期 和年老时塑造了我们的大脑
They shape our brain early in life and as we get older.
如果你观察一下 我们体内和体表的基因
If you looked at the genes in and on our bodies,
它们有超过99%都是微生物的
we would be more than 99% microbial.
我们常常认为 是人类的基因决定了我们的健康
We oftentimes believe that our human genes determine our health,
但现在我们知道了 肥胖、抑郁、过敏
but now we know that the microbiome is very central to being obese,
你感受到的焦虑或放松 都与微生物群息息相关
being depressed, having allergies, or how stressed or relaxed you'll feel.
我们不知道它们 在这些个体中扮演的角色有多重要
We don't know how big is the part that it plays in these entities.
对有些人来说 可能关联甚深
For some people, it might be really relevant,
而对另一些人来说则较浅
and for others, it might be smaller.
第一次拍摄
Take one.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们可能会不想承认
We may not want to admit it,
但我们大家时不时都会有些 肠道问题
but we all have problems with our gut from time to time.
每个人与食物的关系、疾病
People differ in their relationship to food,
对药物的反应 以及整个生活史 都各不相同
in their diseases, in their response to medication, in their overall life history.
如果我吃了除蔬菜外的任何东西
If I eat pretty much anything that's not vegetables,
我就会开始胃痛 这让我的工作变得异常困难
I start getting stomach pains, which makes my job incredibly difficult.
你意识到了自己有多么想当然
You realize how much you took for granted.
比如简单如大便这样的事情
Like something as simple as being able to poop.
我不得不学会了 对最微小的事情心存感激
I've had to learn to become grateful for the tiniest things.
我尝试了各种方法来控制体重
I've tried to control my weight all kind of ways,
但我会先瘦下去很多 又胖回来更多
but I would lose a lot, and I would gain a whole lot more.
我会听到人们说他们饿了
I hear people say they're hungry,
而吃完饭后 他们看起来非常开心
and they look very happy after they've eaten.
我很羡慕那些人 因为我已经不会觉得饿了
I'm jealous of those people because I no longer feel hunger.
我们试图弄清楚导致人与人不同的
We're trying to understand what's going on
各种变化和差异
with all this variance that makes people different.
我们认为微生物群就是其中的关键
We think the microbiome is key to that.
为了了解我们之间的差异
In order for us to understand our differences,
必须先了解一下 我们的微生物是从哪儿来的
we have to first look at where our microbes come from.
你出生时基本上是没有微生物的
You're born largely without microbes.
从你降世那一刻起 微生物才开始在你身上殖民
Microbes colonize you once you enter the world.
我们的出生 正是一切开始的时候
When we're born, this is really the moment where it tips off everything.
顺产的宝宝
When a baby is born vaginally,
他们会接触到母亲阴♥道♥内的细菌
they're being exposed to the bacteria in the mom's vagina.
然后当你出来的时候
And then, when you come out,
你的脸会对着下方的肛♥门♥
the face is going down in the direction to the butt.
因为距离太近 你也会得到一些肠道细菌
You also get some gut bacteria because you're so close by the butt
至此你有了首批微生物殖民者
that you already get your first microbial colonists.
它们开始把这里 变成其他微生物也可以居住的地方
And they start making this a habitable place to live for other microbes.
我们通过生活中的 每一个小小选择和冒险
We shape our microbiome by all the little choices and adventures
塑造了自己的微生物群落
we have in our life.
我们亲吻的人 放进嘴巴里的东西、去旅行的地方
Whoever we kiss, what we put in our mouth, where we travel.
你吃的食物、跟兄弟姐妹的关系
The food you eat, the relationships you have with your siblings,
有没有养宠物、锻炼、压力
whether you have pets, exercise, stress,
你的童年经历 你是否经历过逆境
your experiences when you were a child, whether you had adversity or not.
正因为如此 每个人都有一个独特的微生物群
Because of this, everybody has a unique microbiome.
这类似一种微生物记忆的集♥合♥
So it's sort of this collection of microbial memories.
微生物群可能是 健康的决定性因素 这让人无比振奋
Knowing that the microbiome could be the key to health is really exciting,
因为你不可能改变自己的基因
because you can't change your genes,
但我们大家都能简单地通过 改变我们的饮食和生活方式
but all of us have the ability to change our own microbes
来改变我们自己的微生物
through simple changes to our diet and our lifestyle.
油脂满满 天啊
Perfectly greasy. Oh my God.
工业化的微生物群可能非常不健康
The industrialized microbiome is probably pretty unhealthy
可能会使我们患上许多 最常见的严重疾病
and may be pushing us towards a lot of our most common and serious diseases.
这可能会导致 很多非常普遍的慢性疾病
That could result in a lot of these chronic diseases that are very, very prevalent,
比如肥胖、糖尿病
like obesity, diabetes,
高血压、食物过敏
hypertension, food allergies.
因此我认为 我们需要改变对疾病的看法了
So, I think the way we think about disease needs to change.
我们的环境发生了巨大的变化 西方的饮食
Big changes to our environment, Western diet,
婴儿的出生方式 剖腹产、婴儿配方奶粉
the way babies are born, C-sections, baby formula,
公共卫生、抗生素
sanitation, antibiotics
所有这些都会导致微生物多样性下降
all lead to decreased microbiome diversity.
这正是我们在工业化 微生物群中看到的情况
Exactly what we see in the industrialized microbiome.
我是剖腹产出生的 喝母乳喝了
I was a C-section baby, who was breastfed for...
我也不确定喝了多久
I'm not entirely sure for how long.
我总是在为我的孩子或工作奔波
I'm always running for my children or my job,
所以我总是压力很大
so I'm always super stressed out.
纳森名人堂大赛五连冠 小林尊
Five-time Nathan's Famous champion, Takeru Kobayashi!
我觉得我做的事
I don't think there's anything healthy
和健康完全不沾边
about what I do.
我很好奇 我对自己的身体造成了哪些伤害
I wonder what damage I've done to my body.
这确实让我很好奇
It does make me kind of wonder
这对你的健康有什么影响 对你的微生物群有什么影响
how that affects your health and what that does to your microbiome.
我们的肠道里失去了数百个物种
We've lost hundreds of species in our gut.
它们已经灭绝了
They've gone extinct.
现在 我们意识到
And what we're realizing now is that the most important factors
决定微生物群健康的 最重要因素是你的饮食
of determining the health of this microbial community is your diet.
典型的美国饮食存在着一些重大缺陷
There are some major deficiencies in the typical American diet,
即使是典型的美式健康饮食也不例外
even the typical American diet that's healthy.
目前 美国人摄入的热量中
Currently in the States, nearly 60% of all the calories eaten
有近60%是超加工食品
are ultra-processed food.
食物经过了超精制
The food is ultra-refined.
原始的天然营养成分被剥夺
It's been stripped of all its nutrients of the original natural ingredients,
然后他们又加入了各种化学物质
and then they add back in all types of chemicals
还有大量的糖
and large amounts of sugars.
但人们却不知道该吃些什么 因为包装上添加了标签
But people are confused about what to eat because it's made to look healthy
说这是低卡路里的健康食品
by adding labels on the packet that say this is low-cal
或这是含有额外维生素的健康食品
and therefore healthy, or this has extra vitamins.
当你仔细看这些标签时
When you look at some of these labels in detail,
真的很难弄清楚里面究竟含有什么
电影精选列表