That was generous.
我要你保证 要是饿了一定要告诉我
Promise me you'll tell me if you're starving.
我绝对不会让你挨饿的
I won't let you starve.
我答应你 但我真的不饿
I promise, but I'm okay.
我已经吃饱了牛排还有
I've had my fill of steak and...
苹果了
apples.
我会去和校方谈谈
I'll speak to the department about
看能不能多给你些奖学金
increasing your fellowship.
我真的挺好的 教授 谢谢你
Really, I'm fine, Professor. Thank you.
没关系 你可以直说的
It's all right. You can say it.
我曾经
I was...
如果你想找人聊聊
if you ever need someone to talk to...
聊聊格蕾丝的事情
...about Grace, I mean.
虽然这样可能有违师生关系
Not that it's very professional,
但我愿意随时奉陪
but I'll be around.
对 就这样
Yeah, that's all.
朱利安 你能这么提议 我很高兴
Julianne, that's a very kind offer.
谢谢你
Thank you.
有些事我不太想聊 但是
I don't like to talk about certain things, but
我会记住这个提议的
I'll keep that in mind.
我从来没这样跳过舞
I've never danced like this before.
那我很高兴能成为你的第一次
Then I'm glad I'm your first.
怎么了
What's wrong?
你真的别再给我买♥♥东西了
You have to stop buying me things.
虽然这些东西都是我选的
I may have picked it out, but
其实都是加百列付钱买♥♥的
Gabriel's actually the one who bought it.
什么 为什么
What? Why?
你先打开吧
Just open it.
是意大利产的
It's Italian.
我们都知道你和加百列情有独钟
We both know you and Gabriel have a thing.
对意大利情有独钟
For Italy.
我本来不该告诉你这是他送的
I was not supposed to tell you it was from him.
要是被他知道了 我肯定小命不保
He would kill me if he found out that I told you.
我不需要他的施舍
I don't need his charity.
这不是施舍
It's not charity.
是他太讨厌你的那个背包了
He hates your knapsack.
我可有终身保修呢
I have a lifetime guarantee.
我随时都能去换个新的
I can just go get a new one.
这个也太贵了
This is way too expensive.
他又不缺钱
It's not like he's gonna miss the money.
教授挣不了那么多钱
Professors don't make that much.
朱莉娅
Julia.
加百列他其实 超级有钱
Gabriel's, like, super rich.
什么
What?
你知道我父母在加百列九岁时收养了他吧
So, you know my parents adopted Gabriel when he was nine?
我妈妈看到他在森伯里的一家医院徘徊
My mother found him wandering a hospital in Sunbury.
他妈妈刚去世
His mother had just died.
我记得是死于肺炎
Pneumonia, I think.
他当时又穷又饿
He was poor and starving.
他的家人把他赶走之后 我父母才收养了他
My parents adopted him after his family rejected him.
对不起 雷切尔
I'm so sorry, Rachel.
我之前不知道
I didn't know.
几年前 他的生父死了
So, a few years ago, his biological father died,
也不知道为什么 给他留了一大笔遗产
and for some reason left him a huge inheritance.
我觉得他想把钱留给他老人家
I think he's trying to stick it to his old man
所以花钱比累积利息快
and spend the money faster than it accumulates interest.
加百列装作自己无懈可击
Gabriel pretends to be whole, but
但在他在内心深处十分痛恨自己
deep down he hates himself.
我告诉过他要对你好一些
I did tell him to be nicer to you,
所以我觉得他应该会有所改善
so I think his behavior will improve.
他基本上不怎么理我
He ignores me, mostly.
你没注意到他会盯着你看吗
Uh, don't you notice how he stares at you?
他有吗
He does?
加百列已经闹了很久别扭了
Gabriel has been on the outs for so long.
现在终于肯让我回到他的生活中了
He's finally letting me back into his life.
如果你不收这个包 他就会知道我和你说过
If you refuse this bag he's gonna know that I told you.
拜托了
Please...
好吧 那我就收下这个包
Okay. I'll take the bag.
只是为了你
For you.
好 如果你想的话
Good. If you want,
你可以装作这是我送你的另一个生日礼物
you can pretend it's another birthday present from me.
我已经不太庆祝自己的生日了
I don't really celebrate my birthday anymore.
你有他的消息吗
Have you heard from him?
自从我换了号♥码后就没有了
Not since I changed my number.
就凭他对你做的这些事
I could run him over with my car
我愿意开车把他碾死
for what he did to you.
希望加百列能从你这吸取教训
I wish Gabriel had taken a page from your book
学学该怎么对付心碎的感觉
and learned a thing or two about how to deal with heartbreak.
你能帮我看着他吗
Can you watch over him for me?
如果你再看见他举止怪异
If you see him start to act strangely,
或者遇到什么困难了 你能打给我吗
or if he gets in trouble, can you call me?
自从妈妈去世 我就很担心他
With our mom gone, I just... I worry about him.
我会的
Sure.
你在我身边 我真的很开心
I am so glad that you're around.
你可以做他的守护天使
You can be his guardian angel.
保罗看起来还挺不错的
So, Paul seems nice.
你名字里的"V"代表什么
What does the "V" stand for?
你能保证不告诉其他人吗
You, uh, promise not to tell anyone?
当然了
Of course!
是维吉尔
It's Virgil.
维吉尔
Virgil?
你想成为但丁专家
You're studying to become a Dante specialist,
古罗马著名诗人 其著作影响了许多当代与后世的诗人与作家
而你的中间名居然是维吉尔
and your middle name is Virgil?
别笑了
Don't laugh.
这是我曾祖父的姓氏
It's a family name after my great-grandfather,
他是一个佛蒙特州艾塞克斯县的奶农
a dairy farmer from Essex, Vermont,
我敢保证他绝对没读过但丁的作品
who I can guarantee you never read Dante.
我觉得这个名字挺好听的
I think it's a beautiful name.
小兔子
Little Rabbit.
你们挺舒服嘛
Isn't this cozy?
和硕士生混在一起 保罗
Slumming with M.A. students, Paul?
两杯咖啡啊 克里斯塔 是要熬夜吗
Two coffees, Christa? Pulling an all-nighter?
你绝对猜不到的
Oh, you have no idea.
一杯是我的 一杯是加百列的
One for me and one for Gabriel.
也就是你的爱默生教授
Oh, Professor Emerson to you.
你根本没当面直呼过他加百列
You've never called him Gabriel to his face.
我敢打赌你下次见他也不敢这么叫
I dare you to do it the next time you see him.
你还敢打赌 真好笑
You dare me? Funny.
等谈完话后 我们应该会去大厅里喝几杯
After our meeting, we'll probably head over to Lobby for drinks.
他喜欢在下班后到那去放松放松
He likes to go there after work to, you know, unwind.
他不喜欢你这种类型的
You're not his type.
你说什么
Excuse me?
我是说 别听信流言了
I said, don't believe the hype.
说得跟你能被卷进去一样
As if they'd let you in.
克里斯塔 够了
That's enough, Christa.
你也得先通过某些标准智商测试才行
I just meant you have to pass some kind of standard I.Q. test first.
就像加百列说的那样 你脑子不太灵光
And from what Gabriel says, you're not very bright.
是吗 那加百列还说了什么
Oh, really? And what else does Gabriel say?
保罗
Paul.
米切尔小姐
Miss Mitchell,
你们看起来很聪明
you're looking smart,
一如往常
as always.
彼得森小姐
Miss Peterson.
好了 我们说到哪了
Now, where were we?
对不起 我不该吻你的
I'm sorry. I should never have kissed you.
没关系
It's okay.
我从第一天见到你就想吻你了 但是
I've wanted to kiss you since the first day I saw you, but...
朱莉娅 这个吻不会改变任何事
Julia, the kiss doesn't have to change anything.
把它当作是朋友间的举动就好了
Just think of it as a moment between friends.
这样你会好受一些吗
Would that make it better?
电影精选列表