加百列的地狱
第一部分
米切尔小姐
Miss Mitchell?
我在等你回答我的问题米切尔小姐
I expect an answer to my question, Miss Mitchell.
如果你愿意听课的话
If you'd care to join us.
英语是你的母语吗
Is English your first language?
米切尔小姐似乎在用另一门语言
Since Miss Mitchell seems to be carrying on
在上另一节讨论课
a parallel seminar in a different language,
哪位同学愿意回答我的问题吗
perhaps someone else would be kind enough to answer my question?
但丁看着上帝的脸 说道
Dante looks into the face of God and says...
[意大利语]
All'alta fantasia
出自但丁《神曲》
[意大利语]
qui manco possa.
回答正确 彼得森小姐
Correct, Miss Peterson.
[意大利语]
All'alta...
[意大利语]
fantasia...
[意大利语]
qui... manco... possa.
1289年 托斯卡纳的归尔甫派在
After the Tuscan Guelphs defeated the Ghibellines
意大利教皇党派
坎帕迪诺与维科皮萨诺之战中打败吉柏林派后
in 1289 at the Battle of Campaldino and Vicopisano...
意大利支持皇帝的党派
爱默生
是个混♥蛋♥
有什么好笑的吗 米切尔小姐
Something funny, Miss Mitchell?
是我的错 爱默生教授
It was my fault, Professor Emerson.
我刚刚在问她讲到第几页了
I was asking what page we were on.
这可不像是个博士生会问的问题 保罗
Hardly an appropriate question from a doctoral student, Paul.
我们是从第一篇讲起的
We began with the first canto.
我相信没她的帮忙你也能找得到
I trust you can find it without her help.
米切尔小姐
And Miss Mitchell?
课后到我办公室来一下
See me in my office after class.
意大利研究系
很抱歉
Sorry about that.
我是保罗·诺里斯
I'm, uh, Paul Norris.
我是朱莉娅·米切尔
I'm Julia Mitchell.
很抱歉教授那么混♥蛋♥
I'm sorry the Professor was such a prick.
不知道他到底怎么了
I don't know what's eating him.
你是新来的吗
You're new?
我刚从圣约瑟夫大学转来
I just arrived from Saint Joseph's University.
你是来攻读硕士的吗
And you're here for your Master's?
是的 可能看起来不太像
Yes. It probably doesn't seem like it.
我来这里是为了成为一个但丁专家
I'm supposed to be studying to be a Dante specialist.
那你是为了爱默生转来的
So you're here for Emerson?
他这人挺难相处的
He's, uh, difficult to work with.
他是我论文导师
I'm writing my dissertation with him.
班里还有个克里斯塔·彼得森
And there's also Christa Peterson.
克里斯塔
Christa?
她是他的另一个博士生
She's his other PhD student,
但她的目标是成为未来的爱默生太太
but her goal is to be the future Mrs. Emerson.
她刚开始读博
She just started the program and
就已经在给教授烤饼干了
she's already baking him cookies.
看样子她还不了解
She doesn't seem to be aware of the
这所大学严格的非联谊政策
University's strict non-fraternization policy.
学校师生间不可有超越师生外的关系
赶紧去吧 爱默生不喜欢等人
Anyway, you better go. Emerson hates waiting.
从这边走过去 再左转
It's down here, take a left.
转角处的办公室就是
It's the corner office.
祝你好运
Good Luck.
对不起我没给你回电
I'm sorry I didn't call you back.
意大利研究系
加百列·O·爱默生教授
我在上讨论课
I was in my seminar.
这是学年第一节课 你这混♥蛋♥
It's the first lecture of the year, asshole,
我上次跟她谈话的时候 她说她挺好的
and the last time I talked to her, she said she was fine.
我当然也希望能陪着她
Of course I wanted to be there.
我也爱过她
I loved her, too.
我不知道什么时候能到 因为我不知道
I don't know what time because I don't know
我能订到什么样的机票 但是我会去的
what kind of flight I can get, but I'll be there.
你就
Just...
你就告诉他们我很抱歉
Just tell them I'm sorry.
真的很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
节哀顺变 朱莉娅·米切尔留
"I'm Sorry. Julia Mitchell."
加百列 普林斯顿大学
你好 爸爸
Hey, Dad.
那些加拿大人对你还好吗
Those Canadians treating you right?
挺好 他们人都挺好的
Yes, they're all pretty nice.
你还好吗
Is everything okay?
格蕾丝·克拉克今天过世了
Grace Clark died earlier today.
你听见我说什么了吗
Did you hear what I said?
是的 我听到了
yes, I heard.
我知道你会很难受 她对你就像妈妈一样
I knew you'd take the news hard. She was like a mother to you,
你和她的女儿雷切尔
and you and her daughter Rachel were
在高中时那么要好
such good friend's in high school.
你最近有跟她联♥系♥吗
Have you heard from her?
没联♥系♥过
No, I haven't.
我都不知道他们什么时候发现格蕾丝又发病的
I'm not even sure when they found out Grace was sick again.
我早些时候去了他们家一次
I was over to their house earlier.
加百列不在
Gabriel wasn't there.
这造成了 一些问题
Which has caused... quite a problem.
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Son of a bitch.
你会送花去吗
Are you sending flowers?
大概吧 我对那些事不太在行
I guess, I'm not good at that sort of thing,
但是我可以问问德比能不能帮个忙
but I could ask Deb if she would help.
让她替我送些东西
Ask her to send something from me.
格蕾丝生前特别喜欢栀子花
Grace loved gardenias.
再让德比写张卡片
Get Deb to sign the card.
好的 你需要钱吗
Will do. Do you need any money?
不用了
I'm fine.
很遗憾你没去成哈佛 也许明年能去
I'm sorry about Harvard. Maybe next year.
也许吧
Maybe.
回聊 爸爸
Talk to you later, Dad.
新信息
亲爱的雷切尔
"Dear Rachel...
雷切尔·克拉克
主题
听到格蕾丝的消息我真的很遗憾 我
I'm so sorry to hear about Grace. I'm...
多伦多大学
像只受惊的小兔子
Frightened Rabbit.
保罗 你好
Paul, hi.
你和爱默生的谈得怎么样
How was your meeting with Emerson?
我没去
I didn't go.
那真是
That's...
太糟了
not good.
他办公室门关着
His office door was closed.
他好像在打电♥话♥ 我留了张纸条
I think he was on the phone. I left a note.
希望如此吧 不然
Let's hope that's what was going on. Otherwise,
我只能说你得自己好好把握了
I'd say you just took your life into your own hands.
如果有麻烦记得告诉我 我来想办法
Let me know if there's any fallout, and I'll see what I can do.
爱默生是个混♥蛋♥
我的天
Oh, my God.
打扰一下米切尔小姐 你能过来一下吗
Excuse me Miss Mitchell, can you come here for a minute?
什么事 詹金斯老师
Yes, Mrs. Jenkins.
你跟爱默生教授有什么过节吗
Have you had some sort of problem with Professor Emerson?
应该没有吧
Um, I don't think so.
我收到两封紧急邮件
I received two urgent e-mails
让我在他回来之后安排约见你
asking me to set up an appointment to see him when he returns.
教授们一般都喜欢自己安排会见时间
Professors normally prefer to schedule their own appointments,
但这次他坚持让我来安排
but he insisted I schedule it
还让我在你的档案上做了记录
and have it documented in your file.
他说事情很严重
He said it was serious.
你明天下午四点可以去他的办公室吗
Can you meet him at 4pm tomorrow in his office?
龙舌兰酒
爱默生是个混♥蛋♥
你好朱莉娅
Hey, Julia.
有时间喝杯咖啡吗
Wanna go for coffee some time?
好的 当然
Um, yes, sure.
如果有你的手♥机♥号♥就更方便了
It'd be easier if I had your number.
快进来 米切尔小姐
Now, Miss Mitchell.
别让他好过 小兔子
Give him hell, Rabbit.
请坐下 米切尔小姐
电影精选列表