We had portions of our riser that wild for camera.
这样的实体模型能帮助整个团队
Having a physical model like this helps the whole team.
在所有布景中 这艘船最具挑战性
Of all the sets, the ship is the most challenging one,
主要是因为拍摄的执行和调度不容易
but it's mostly because of the logistics.
我们从九月工作到一月底
We basically worked from September till the end of January.
焊接工人在那上面忙了整整八个星期
The welders were on it for, I think, a good eight weeks,
然后到了十月中
and then the middle of October,
特效部门制♥作♥了内部核心结构 我们称之为“脊柱”
Special Effects had built the inner core, which we call "the spine."
它安装在万向平台上 负责旋转
Basically, it's the piece that rotates, you know, on the gimbal.
木工团队开始铺设甲板
And the carpenters started putting all the decking in,
随后展开所有细节制♥作♥
and then all the detail work started.
与此同时 显然桅杆
And at the same time, the masts, obviously,
也是整个拼图中非常重要的一部分
were a very big piece of the puzzle.
我们没有在船长舱中间穿过一根桅杆
Like, we didn't put a mast right through the captain's quarters,
像真实的船那样
which there would be on a boat.
吉列尔莫喜欢对称 他想走进船长室
Guillermo loves the symmetry,
and he wants to walk into the captain's quarters
看到那个圆形舷窗 画面中维克多被框在其中
and see the round window and have Victor framed in the round window.
我们用了一些手段
So we cheated things.
跟着他伸出去 开始
We're gonna extend with him. Go. Go.
非常好
Very good. Very good. Very good.
抬起来
Arm up.
非常好 说吧
Very good. Say it.
拍摄这样的船就要解决执行问题
When you're shooting a ship like that, then you have a logistical problem.
导演工作中有一半 是通过机械和物理手段
50% of craft in directing is problem-solving
来解决问题
mechanical and physical means.
在船的场景里有用于灯光的摇臂
So, in the ship, you have a battle of cranes to light it,
用于特技的摇臂 还有用于遮光的摇臂
cranes for stunt,
cranes for blocking the light.
每个摇臂都得在这个空间中协调运行
Every crane has to negotiate the space.
所以拍摄这艘船时的执行和调度工作
So the negotiation of that logistic to shoot the ship
不管是在船里 还是船本身 都像打仗
is, in and of itself, like going into a battle.
你必须有非常精准的拍摄策略
You have to have a very precise strategy on how you shoot it.
在整部电影的格局中 他非常清楚
In the scale of the movie, he knows exactly
剧情的发展以及如何讲述剧情
how the drama is and how he's going to tell it.
他非常精确
You know, he's very precise about that.
从宏大场面中的大量动作戏
So the big scale, a lot of action, and then coming into, like,
转入船长舱里那样极为私密的场景
a very intimate scene in the captain's quarters.
我向你讲述自己的故事 或许别有深意
Perhaps there is a finer point in me telling you my story.
男爵 不管是否如此
Whether there is or isn't, Baron...
我都愿意听
I'd like to hear it.
最初船舱内部原本要用丹麦式白色
Originally, the interior of the ship was gonna be Danish white.
他说白色代表死亡
He said white represents death,
所以当你到了北极的空间
and so when you get to the space of the Arctic,
那感觉就像他创造了一个 介于生死之间的世界
it was almost like he'd created a limbo.
我们最初把它做成白色 效果还不错 但后来凯特决定用
We made it white and that kind of worked, but then Kate decided to do the Royal Navy
一种略微加深的皇家海军蓝
in a particular blue that was a little heightened.
我记得 船和...
I remember, you know, the ship and Tamara,
大家都以为会是深海军蓝的制♥服♥
you know, everyone was expecting dark navy uniforms.
大家有疑问
There was a question mark,
吉列尔莫说:“不 我们需要很亮的”
and Guillermo said, "No, we need that quite bright."
当我们看到水手的制♥服♥
When we saw the uniforms of the sailors,
我们想:“把这种蓝色用在船长室”
we thought, "Let's bring that blue into the captain's quarters."
所以我们把凯特用的颜色放在船上
So we integrated Kate's colors into the ship.
水手是风景
The sailors are the landscape.
风景是船 而船也是水手
The landscape is the ship. The ship are the sailors.
全都融为一体
It's all one thing.
我们在爱丁堡拍了几场在大街上的戏
In terms of Edinburgh, where we shot the street scenes,
其实这对我们来说不难
really it wasn't a stretch for us
因为那个地方当时确实被用作集市
because it was actually used as a marketplace at the time.
而真正的公众绞刑 则发生在格拉斯哥的其他地点
And actual public gallows happened in other places in Glasgow.
那座大教堂有高耸宏伟的天花板 令人叹为观止
The cathedral has huge, soaring ceilings that are amazing.
只是在我们用的1比85画幅中取景时
Just when you go to frame them in our, you know, 1:85 frame,
除非特意往上拍 否则看不到那些高耸的天花板
you don't see the soaring ceilings unless you're, you know, looking up.
但教堂的下层区域是较低的拱形天顶
But the lower area of the cathedral had lower arched ceilings,
气氛阴郁而私密
and it was moody and intimate.
而且更方便丹布光 因为一切都在地面层
And better for Dan to light 'cause it was all on ground level.
对他来说 要给那种巨大的教堂打光 简直是噩梦
Like, for him to light any of these giant cathedrals would be a nightmare.
看看 这是个庞然大物
Look at this. It's so gigantic.
当然 外景拍摄的美妙在于 你能捕捉到岁月感
Of course, the beauty of location is you get the age.
你能感受到真实的质感
You've got the feeling of the real stuff.
但在摄影棚里一切都可以控制
But when you go into the studio, you can control everything.
而这是雄伟壮观的历史古迹
But this is... this is history. This is fantastic.
我们的拍摄角度比之前要大得多
We shoot much more wide angle than what we have done before.
而在使用大画幅拍摄时
And when you're shooting large format,
你不会得到那种超广角的画面效果
you don't have these, like, super-wide angle looks
因为传感器本身就非常大
because you have the big sensors.
我觉得看起来充满力量
And that's a very powerful look, I think.
因为镜头一直在移♥动♥ 灯光也要随之移♥动♥
And because the camera's always moving, you know, the light has to move as well.
一切都非常自然流畅
It's very organic.
吉列尔莫和我的拍摄方式
The way we are shooting the movie, Guillermo and me, you know,
我们有点回归到老派的大型灯光设备
we're going a little bit more back to the old-fashioned big lights,
因为我们的场景里没有灯光
because we don't have any lights inside the set.
大多数时候灯光都在场景外
Most of the time, all the lights are outside the set.
罗斯特辛和我一直都在追求 单一光源的照明效果
Laustsen and I have been pursuing single-source lighting for a long time.
这是什么意思?
What does it mean?
意思是大量的光
It means that you have a huge amount of light
从单一源头射入 比如窗户
coming through a single source, like a window,
其他光线只是反射或补光 都不应被观众察觉
and everything else is a bounce
or a fill that you should not be aware of.
所以最终效果就像一部年代电影
So the result is it feels like a period movie.
几乎察觉不到灯光
You don't feel it lit.
就像走进真实的地方
It feels like you're entering a real place.
父亲!一定要救她 求你了!
Father! Save her, please!
所以我们从超广角开始
So, we are starting super-wide, and coming into, like,
同时逐渐推进到特写镜头
a kind of close-up in the same time.
所以我们有大型机器在外面
And that is the reason we have big machines outside
控制阳光和灯光
to control the sun and control the lights.
我进房♥间之后觉得是个大晴天
When I get into those rooms,
I think, "Oh, it's a very sunny day."
光线很亮 然后才发现外面在下雨
"It's very bright."
And then I realize it's raining outside,
看起来房♥间里满是阳光
and it looks like there's full sunshine inside
因为外面有非常多灯
because of hundreds of lights outside.
我们希望尽可能通过实拍完成
We want to do as much as we can in the camera.
用微缩模型拍摄是因为 画面看起来更真实
And the miniature shooting is because it looks so real.
实体与数字之间的差异显而易见
There is a difference between the physical and the digital.
尤其是实验室爆♥炸♥的场景
Particularly in something like the explosions on the lab.
你看到实体电池真实的反弹与碰撞
You're seeing real bounces
of the physical battery falling and hitting the other.
而在实景爆破时发生的意外
And the accidents that happen with a physical set blowing apart
比任何数字特效技师的设计
are gonna be ten times more complex
都要复杂十倍
than any decision a digital technician made.
这座塔有137米高
This tower is 450 feet high.
我们没办法造 但我们可以做微缩模型
We could never build it, but we've built the full miniature,
其实是非常大的模型 因为有九米高
which is really a maxiature, 'cause it's, like, 30 feet.
在多伦多搭建了一个实景布景 而我们模型部门必须...
There was a set built in Toronto that we then had to match as model makers
(模型制♥作♥师 本·瑞萨)
...以四十分之一的比例复♥制♥
but at a 1:40 scale.
有一些细节
There's some details we have that traditionally
以前都需要用手工雕刻
we'd have to hand-sculpt to do the match.
但现在我们可以用三维打印机
But now we can use 3D printers to help us.
一个典型的例子就是教堂前门
So a good example is the door at the very front,
以前都需要雕刻这些装饰细节
all that ornate detail, at one point, someone had had to sculpt.
但这一次我们知道
But this time round, we know that is gonna be the exact same thing
这个模型需要 和多伦多的实景一模一样
as what's over in Toronto.
和一群艺术家一起工作非常棒
That was kind of a fascinating process, to work with a group of artists who--
全世界也许只有
You know, there might only be
十个人做这个工作
ten people in the world who do what they do.
这增加了真实感 你有了真实的基础
They'll give more reality.
You have a base that is real, then you enhance digitally.
然后用电脑技术来增强效果 不管是森林中的鹿
Whether it's the deer in the forest,
还是拍摄真实的狼 再用电脑技术
or shooting the footage of the wolves with real wolves, then going into digital,
你必须要有实地取景的元素
you have to have some element that you explored with physically.
所以我们造了一座塔 再把它炸了
电影精选列表