And yet, I could tell
他的一切都奉献给了他的妹妹
of his complete devotion towards his sister.
玛德琳。。。
Madeline...
她的死亡
Her decease
吾就此,被抛下成为了
will leave me as the last
厄舍家族最后一个在世之人
of the ancient race of the Ushers.
他的声音颤抖着
His voice trembled
他诉说着兄妹二人的少年时代,玛德琳是如何恐惧
as he recounted how even in her youth, Madeline would fear
外面的世界
the outside world.
罗德里克热爱着他妹妹的贞洁
Roderick loved his sister for her purity,
但不祥的厄运永远存在
but the foreboding doom was forever present.
厄舍家族孤独的人生意味着后继无人
The Usher's life of loneliness will mean there will be no heir.
但就在我到厄舍的
But on the closing in of the evening of my arrival
那天晚上
at the house,
她终于在毁灭者的摧残下
she succumbed to the prostrating power
香消玉殒了
of the destroyer.
她死了!
She is dead!
玛德琳,死了!
Madeline has died!
她离开了我!
She has left me!
应罗德里克·厄舍之请
At the request of Roderick Usher,
我亲自帮他
I personally aided him
料理临时的殓葬
in the arrangements for the temporary entombment.
这样
And now,
悲痛欲绝地过了几天
some days of bitter grief having elapsed,
我的朋友
an observable change
神经错乱的特征有了显著变化
came over the features of the mental disorder of my friend.
有时候,我再次,不得不将这一切
At times, again, I was obliged to resolve all
归结为莫名其妙的疯狂
into the mere inexplicable vagaries of madness.
因为我见他长时间
For I beheld him gazing upon vacancy
望空凝视
for long hours,
那种凝望无比的深邃
in an attitude of the profoundest attention,
仿佛在聆听虚幻的声音
as if listening to some imaginary sound.
毫无疑问
It was no wonder
他奇幻动人的迷信里
that his terrifying condition was creeping upon me,
那种强烈的感染力
the wild influence of his fantastic
正幽幽潜伏进我的心头
yet impressive superstitions.
公竟没有看到吗?
And you have not seen it?
应该看到的!
Then you shall!
必须看到!
You must!
必须凝视!
You must behold this!
吾听到了,听到了那声音
I hear it, and have heard it.
我等把她
We have put her
活着
living
埋进了坟墓!
in the tomb!
公可知晓?
I now tell you
吾听到过
that I heard
她在空洞的棺材里
her first feeble movements
最初的蠕动
in the hollow coffin.
好多,好多天以前吾就听到了
I heard them many,many days ago.
可是吾不敢
Yet I dared not,
吾不敢说!
I dared not speak!
她棺材的裂开声
The rending of her coffin,
她的囚笼铰链吱哑作响
and the grating of the iron hinges of her prison,
她在地窖
and her struggles
铜拱门里的挣扎
within the coppered
嗤嗤作响!
archway of the vault!
冷静点
Be calm.
那是暴风雨的声音
It is the storm that draws breath,
迷惑了我们!
playing tricks on us both!
她是否在怨念吾的冒失?
Is she not hurrying to upbraid me for my haste?
莫非吾没听到她上楼的脚步声?
Have I not heard her footsteps on the stairs?
难道吾没有分辨出
Do I not distinguish that heavy
那沉重而恐怖的
and horrible
跳动声
beating
来自她的心脏吗?
of her heart?
痴人!
Madman!
痴人!!
MADMAN!
公可知晓?她如今正站于门外!
I tell you that she now stands without the door!
我身前的幻影
The vision before me will stay burnt
会深埋入我的灵魂
into my very soul and haunt me
出没于我最后的生命里
to the end of my days.
我所凝望之处
Where I gazed,
那古堡曾经耸立
the House once stood.
眼见高墙碎裂,巨厦崩塌
I saw the mighty walls rushing
只听翻江倒海似的一声巨响
as under there was a long tumultuous shouting sound,
久久不息
like the voice of a thousand waters
我脚下那片阴寒幽深的山池
and the deep and dank tarn at my feet
郁郁地、默默地
closed sullenly and silently
吞没了厄舍府的断壁残垣
over the fragments of the House of Usher.
绝赞!
Bravo!
如你的文字所说,他成为了恐惧的牺牲品
In your own words he became a victim of the very terrors
那是源自他内心的恐惧
he had anticipated.
与你神似
Much like you.
你不希望自己亡故吗?
Don't you wish you were dead?
我为什么要死?我还想活呢
Why should I? I want to live.
我还有好多故事要讲
I have more stories to tell.
你已经没时间了,你没什么可失去的了
Your time is up in your world.You have nothing to lose,
没有人可以爱了
no one to love.
不要为别人的死亡而自责了
Stop feeling guilty for other people's death.
尽管你关爱有加,弗吉尼亚还是死了
Virginia died in spite of your care or your love.
令堂屈服于我的力量
Your mother succumbed to my power
留下了孤单无助的你
leaving you helplessly alone.
她死时我还很小
I was so young when she died...
我甚至记不清她的脸庞
I was denied even the memory of her face.
自责毫无益处
Guilt never leads to any good.
如果你心神不宁
If anything you are haunted...
被感伤所困扰
Haunted by sorrow,
自责非因有罪,而是无能为力
guilty not of a crime, but of the inability to stop me...
如果有区别的话
If anything, I am guilty of
我为给读者想看的故事而自责
giving my readers what they want.
那救赎的一瞥
A glimpse of redemption,
那故事里正义总是胜利
stories with a moral where justice always triumphs.
这就是你的观点吗?
Is this what you mean?
故事二:《泄密的心》
叙述者:贝拉·卢戈西
(金刚注:本段系卢戈西当年为电台录制的《泄密的心》的原版录音)
很难说这念头最初怎么钻进脑子里的
It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain;
但一想起来
but once conceived,
白天黑夜就念念不忘
it haunted me day and night.
目的
Object,
根本没有
there was none,
我以前敬爱那老头
I loved the old man.
他压根儿就没得罪过我,也没侮辱过我
He had never wronged me.He had never given me insult,
对于他的金银财宝
and for his money,
我也毫无觊觎之心
I had no desire.
大概是
I think
他的眼睛!
it was his eye!
对,就是他的眼睛!
Yes, that was it!
他的一只眼睛犹如鹰眼
One of his eyes resembled that of a vulture.
我心里渐渐,逐步
I made up my mind
打定主意结果老头的性命
to take the life of the old man,
从而永远不用再瞅见那只眼睛
and thus rid myself of the eye forever.
可惜您没瞧见我♥干♥得多聪明
You should have seen how wisely I proceeded,
做得多细心,多周到,多做作
with what caution and foresight I went to work.
每一个晚上,大概午夜时分
And every night, about midnight,
我拧开他的锁,打开他的门
I turned the latch of his door and opened it.
之后,我探头探脑溜进房♥门
And then, when my head was well in the room,
小心翼翼地打开小米智能灯
I undid the lantern cautiously,
啊,真的是万分小心
oh, so cautiously.
我将灯罩的活门掀开一条缝
I undid it just so much
一束微弱的灯光刚好照在那鹰眼上
that a single thin ray fell upon the vulture eye.
但我发现那只眼一直闭着
But I found the eye always closed;