为纪念19世纪美国著名作家爱伦坡逝世170周年
片名:《奇特的故事》(改编自埃德加·爱伦·坡小说)
编剧/导演
劳尔·加西亚
诶。。。
Well...
有朋自远方来,诗人
if it isn't my good friend,The Poet.
不亦乐乎?
I can't say I'm surprised to find you here.
你今日拜谒谁的坟墓呢?
Whose grave are you visiting today?
是谁?
Who's there?
日复一日地悲叹着同一块墓碑?
Weeping at the same grave over again?
为何你不选择其他人的安息之所呢?
Why didn't you choose any of the others?
丽姬娅,安娜贝尔?
Ligeia, Annabel?
抑或贝蕾妮丝?(金刚注:以上三人均为爱伦坡小说角色)
Or perhaps Berenice?
其实必定是选择弗吉尼亚(金刚注:爱伦坡之妻)
So sure Virginia was going to be the pick
来祭奠今日的痛苦之旅吧
for today's tortured journey.
你对她的情感无可置疑
There's no denying your affection for her.
你的诗里又是怎么描述的呢?
What was that poem of yours?
“距今多年以前
"It was many and many a year ago
住有少女落雁
"That a maiden there lived whom you may know
豆蔻别无他求
"And this maiden she lived with no other thought...
只为两情相愿”
"Than to love and be loved by me."
我在做什么?
What am I doing?
我在和一尊雕像吟诗作对!
I recite poetry with a statue!
我一定是醉了
I must be drunk.
或是疯了
Or mad.
抑或二者兼有
Or both.
我陷入了幻境
I am hallucinating.
这次我是否该用你的另一行诗节来作答?
Should I answer this one with another of your stanzas?
“一切有为法
"All that we see or seem
如梦幻泡影。。。”
"ls but a dream within a dream..."
你依然对我的身份毫无头绪
Still you have no clue to who I am.
我是你的影子,你的灵魂
I am your shadow, your soul.
是你迷恋的对象
The object of your obsession.
你疯了吗?
Are you mad?
我迷恋的对象?
My obsession?
认出我来了吗,坡?
Recognize me now, Poe?
你感到孤独吗?
Are you feeling lonely?
渴望再次长眠吗?
Longing again for the departed?
收声啊!
Silence!
我为隐居而来
I came here for solitude.
非为孤独而来
Not loneliness.
总是迷恋着死亡
Always obsessed with the dead.
化成你笔下的杰作
A great subject for your writings.
这不是迷恋
It is not obsession
而是触发我写作的灵感
but rather inspiration which drives my writing.
我不会如此定义
I wouldn't define it that way.
可曾记得罗德里克·厄舍?
Remember Roderick Usher?
他疯狂地迷恋已故的妹妹玛德琳
His compulsive obsession for his departed sister Madeline
造成了多么不安的惶恐啊
caused such a nervous agitation
以至于英年早逝
that it lead him to an early demise.
那是手足情,不是迷恋
It was brotherly love, not obsession.
迷恋,迷信
Obsession, superstition,
无回报的爱
unrequited love.
你想说服谁呢?
Who do you want to convince?
故事一:《厄舍府的崩塌》
叙述者:英国著名演员克里斯托弗·李爵士
那是个充斥我童年的魔幻情景
It was a magical place that filled my childhood
幻影不断搅动着我的想象
with visions to stir the imagination.
现在,在那年秋天的
And now, during the whole
一个个沉闷、幽晦、静寂
of a dull, dark,and soundless day
的日子里
in the autumn of another year,
我单骑穿越
I was alone, passing through
一片无比荒凉萧索的原野
a singularly dreary tract of country;
最后终于发觉
and at length found myself
厄舍府
愁云惨淡的厄舍府就在眼前
within reach of the melancholy House of Usher.
不知为何,经过这么多年
I know not how it was,but with my first glimpse
一看到这幢府邸
of the house after so long,
一种意想不到、难以忍♥受的忧郁
an unexpected sense of insufferable gloom
弥漫在我的灵魂之中
pervaded my spirit.
是何缘故?
What was it?
是什么原因使我
What unnerved me so
在注视厄舍府时如此黯然神伤呢?
in the contemplation of the House of Usher?
古堡主人,罗德里克·厄舍
Its proprietor, Roderick Usher,
是我孩提时代的挚友
had been one of my boon companions in boyhood;
但自我们分别后,也已多年未见
but many years had elapsed since our last meeting.
不料竟收到他的来信
His letter, however,
信中一再火急地催促我
had lately reached me in a distant part
来到这遥远之地
of the country.
我更仔细地端详
I scanned more narrowly
这栋古堡的真貌
the real aspect of the building.
它的基本特征
Its principal feature
貌似属于古色古香的哥特风
seemed to be that of an excessive antiquity.
写信人声称患了急病
The writer spoke of acute bodily illness,
被神经错乱折磨得苦不堪言
of a mental disorder which oppressed him,
他渴望见我一面
and brought an earnest desire to see me,
因为我是他最要好的,实际上也是唯一的
as his best,and indeed his only
私交,但愿我的到访
personal friend, in an attempt
能减轻他的一些病痛
to alleviate some of his malady;
而我,虽然
and I, accordingly,
立即赴约
obeyed forthwith
却依然从心底里认为这份邀请
what I still considered a very singular
非同寻常
and haunting summons.
我怔怔地盯着他,半带怜悯,半带敬畏
I gazed upon him with a feeling half of pity, half of awe.
弗公!
Frederick!
吾之竹马之交!
My dear friend,
此番吾终于
I have after all this time
等到了公的莅临!
been waiting for your arrival!
我起初还道是
I at first thought it to be
过火的亲切
an overdone cordiality.
我好不容易才使自己认出
It was with difficulty that I could bring myself
眼前这位就是
to admit the identity of the man being before me
我的孩提玩伴
with the companion of my early boyhood.
他十分详细地
He entered into what he conceived to be
谈起他的病根
the nature of his malady.
食物清汤寡水但尚可忍♥受
The most insipid food was alone endurable.
所有的花香都令他喘不动气
The odors of all flowers proved oppressive;
一丁点儿光亮都会刺痛他的眼睛
his eyes were tortured by even a faint light.
除非是特殊之声
And there were but peculiar sounds
才会令他听了心惊肉跳
which inspired him with horror.
我开始怀疑我在
I began to question my worthiness
眼前这位朋友心中的地位
of being present for my friend,
他活在一个我无法进入的封闭空间
who now existed in a world of which I held no key.
吾命休矣!
I shall perish!
吾深惧未来!
I dread the events of the future!
吾宜早晚
I feel that the period will sooner or later arrive
抛开
when I must abandon
生命与理智
life and reason together,
要和那个
in some struggle
狰狞的恐惧幽灵。。。
with the grim phantasm...
。。。大战一场
...fear.
你到底在恐惧什么呢,罗德里克?
But what do you fear, Roderick?
我必须知道无时不刻折磨你的
I must know what is it that torments
到底是什么
your every moment.
吾承认
I admit that
那折磨吾的异常忧愁的心境
much of the peculiar gloom which afflicts me could be traced
会引吾饱受严重、持续而漫长的病魔侵蚀
to a severe and long continued illness.
谈及温柔可爱的舍妹,玛德琳
I speak of my tenderly beloved sister, Madeline.
多年来吾之唯一伴侣
My sole companion for so many long years,
吾在世间
my last
仅有的、最后一个依靠
and only relative on earth.
罗德里克是如此的痛苦
Roderick spoke with such bitterness,
令我为之战栗
which made me shudder.
现在,我可以认为
电影精选列表