再见 汤姆
Goodbye, Tom.
你就要把我永远留在这地儿了 -还有更好的地方吗
Can you take it from here? - You got some place better to be?
真的不来
Last chance.
我叫汤姆·雅各布斯
My name is Tom Jacobs.
出生于1972年11月12日
Born November 12, 1972.
我的父母是马克和朱迪思 我的妻子是艾比
My parents are Mark and Judith. My wife's name is Abbey.
现在我愿意牺牲一切 只为能再听到她喊我的名字
I would give anything to hear her say my name again.
汤姆
Tom?
汤姆
Tom?
我父亲曾参加过战争
My father was in the war.
他不相信心理学
He didn't believe in psychology...
也不相信“创伤后压力”
or post-traumatic stress.
他曾说战争就像沙滩
He used to say that war is like one of the beach.
你回来时身上难免会带点沙子
You gotta come back home with some sand.
那是他15岁生日
This was his 15th birthday.
小雷 这狗我还历历在目 就像是我自己养的似的
Rex. I remember this dog so well. Feels like he was mine.
那是别人送我的表演狗(注:通常是受过训练的、会意能力很强的狗)
It was a show dog that was given to me.
小雷是表演狗 -是啊 -你开玩笑的吧
Rex was a show dog? - Hmmm - What are you talking about?
你都教不会他坐下来 他满屋子随地大小便 还咬坏家具
You couldn't even teach the dog to sit. He'd crap all over the house. He'd chew up the furniture.
你听起来像我儿子在说话 -什么意思
You sound like my kid. - What are you talking about?
我把狗送走是因为有个训练师开了个好价钱
I gave him away because another trainer made me a great offer.
我告诉安东尼 这狗老捣蛋 还在他上学的时候到处拉屎
I told Anthony, he was acting up, when he was at school, shittin' all over the place.
你把一件事向你的孩子重复足够多遍以后 他就会信以为真
You tell a kid something enough times, he'll believe it.
但这狗的确在捣乱 安东尼看见了 我也看见了啊
This dog was misbehaving. Anthony saw it. I saw it.
安东尼并没有看见 小雷是只很懂事的狗
Anthony didn't see shit. Rex was a great dog.
你确定你没记错
Are you sure you remember?
你呢 你确定你没记错
Are you?
我再去拿杯啤酒 你要吗 -不用了 谢谢
I'm going to get another beer. You want one? - No, no I'm good, thanks.
爸爸 你知道怎么让它坐下来吗 -我说过了 安东尼 重复
Dad, how do I get him to sit? - I told you, Anthony, repetition.
你把一件事向你的孩子重复足够多遍以后 他就会信以为真
You tell a kid something enough times, he'll believe it.
安东尼 我跟你讲过几百遍了都 那只狗笨得要命
Anthony, I told you a hundred times that dog as dumb as shit.
被洗♥脑♥的话 真实和虚伪之间的界线就变得模糊了 但我自有办法
The line gets blurry when it comes to brainwashing, but, I got a way around that.
那什么叫做洗♥脑♥呢 催眠 邪教……
So what's constitute brainwashing? Hypnosis, cult programming.
真的存在一个定义吗 坏人往你记忆里植入一些东西……并不是那么明显的事……或许……
Can it be really defined? Bad people drilling things into your head. It's not that obvious... maybe...
或许那只狗的确不笨 或许安东尼只是被人为操控着相信了那是只笨狗
Maybe... maybe this dog wasn't stupid. Maybe Anthony was just conditioned to believe he was.
坐下 真乖
Sit. Good boy.
有无数种方法操控一个人
There are thousands of ways to manipulate someone.
有些是无可厚非的 就像父亲对儿子说话
Some as innocent... as a father talking to a son.
如果安东尼被他爸爸说服了 相信了那是只笨狗 那他会不会有别的什么事也信以为真了
If Anthony could've been convinced of that, what else could he have been convinced of?
从警♥察♥的说法 -看看你都干了些什么
From the cops mapping it out. - Look at what you did.
到他父亲的失望 -我向你保证 这还不够
To his father's disappointment. - I've given you my word. Doesn't that mean anything?
够不够是你自己的事
Not to me.
他还有什么事是被人为操控以后才相信的
What else could he have believed to be true?
对不起
I'm sorry.
有匿名报告说 看到他的卡车在凌晨两点左右
An anonymous tip came in, someone saw his pick up truck pull over by a bridge...
停在案发地附近的桥上
...near the murder scene, around two AM...
你就是那个匿名报告的人
You were the anonymous tip.
是你写了那封匿名报告 不是么 -哈哈 你在说什么我听不懂
It was you who wrote the letter, wasn't it? - Heh heh, what the hell are you talking about?
别再装傻了
Don't play games with me.
你算计了安东尼 那真♥相♥到底是怎样的
You set him up, so what do you know?
真♥相♥不再重要了 -对我来说很重要
Doesn't matter now. - Oh it matters, it matters to me.
那天晚上安东尼给你打电♥话♥了 他告诉你什么了
Anthony called you that night. What did he tell you?
是啊 他打电♥话♥过来 含糊不清地胡扯了一番
Yeah, he called me, babbling incoherently..
听上去又像是在骗人了 那些吸毒犯啊 专门撒谎
Sounded like another lie. These addicts, they lie... that's what they do.
你怎么能这么想 他是你的儿子啊 -他已经失去自控能力了
How could you? He was your own kid. - He was out of control.
那你这算什么 保护自己不被他伤害 -我这是在保护他
So you were what? Protecting yourself? - I was protecting him!
他吸毒吸成那样 早晚会死在某个街角的
The way he was going... his addiction. It was only a matter of time before he was found face down in an alley somewhere.
所以他当第二天醒来 告诉我他什么都不记得了的时候
So when he woke up the next morning and he told me he didn't remember anything...
我做出了决定 想把他关进去
...that's when I made my decision... and I set him up.
我自己可是在出狱的时候就戒掉了毒瘾
Hell I came out of the joint clean.
你有孩子吗
You have a kid?
有 -是你的话你会怎么做
Yeah. - What would you have done?
内疚是一种强大的力量 它让你魂牵梦绕 无法安心
A guilt is a powerful thing. It compounds... it becomes an obsession.
你有两个选择 要么沉沦其中
And you have a choice, you can either wallow in it, or...
要么决意改变
...you can change.
我觉得对他女朋友来说 两条路都行不通
I think in her case she felt like she couldn't do either.
试验项目进展顺利
Experimental project moves forward.
如果他真的让群众相信了这机器有用 会怎么样
What if he actually convinces people it works?
我不知道我为什么会想找你 大概是因为积习难改吧
I don't know why I let you off. Old habits die hard, I guess.
我懂的
I understand.
刚才那个录得好不
How's that one?
有时候 你只是渴望能听到一个熟悉的声音
Sometimes... you just need to hear a familiar voice.