对不起
I'm sorry.
汤姆 每日提醒的时间到了
Tom, it is time for your daily reminder.
准备好就开始吧
Begin when you like.
我叫汤姆·雅各布斯
My name is Tom Jacobs.
出生于1972年11月12日
Born November 12, 1972.
我的父母是马克和朱迪思
My parents are Mark and Judith.
我的妻子是艾比
My wife is Abby.
现在我愿意牺牲一切 只为能再听到她喊我的名字
I'd give anything to hear her to say my name right now.
不过我已经作茧自缚
I'm a prisoner of my own creation.
米妮 我又觉得无聊了 -请问有何吩咐 汤姆
I'm bored again, Minnie. - What would you like to do now, Tom?
让我们去别处吧 -定位中……六分钟后启程
Let's go some place else. - Locating... Six minutes to render.
所以现在怎样 他愿意和你合作 对吗
So what now? I mean he's in, right?
是的 他相当感兴趣
This is it. He was completely blown away
我们再也不用住在那该死的车♥库♥里 四处募集资金了
We don't have to live in that fuckin' garage anymore, no more scratching for grant money.
还记得我第一次约你出来吗 我说:相信我 总有一天我会得到回报
Remember when I first asked you out? I said, "Trust me, one day I'm gonna pay off."
然后你告诉我你已经有男朋友了 -我可没说过
And then you told me you had a boyfriend. - I never said that.
你说了 -我没说 -好吧 算你对 我记错了
Yeah you did - No, I didn't - Ok you're right, I'm wrong
这是什么 -打开来看
What is this? - Open it.
我们还承担不起呢 -是啊
We can't afford this. - Not yet.
不过总有一天会的
We will.
我想让你今晚就戴上它
I want you to wear it tonight.
我想让你和我在一起
I want you be there with me.
还有我们的孩子
Both of you.
还有五分钟 汤姆 -我们愿意合作
Five minutes left, Tom. - So, we have an offer.
太棒了 -不过 先别太激动
That's fantastic. - Well, let's not get too excited.
他们得知道机器能有多准确 比方说 怎么对付虚假的记忆
They need to know how accurate the machine is. For instance, how do we handle false memories?
这机器就像测谎仪 它能区分真伪
The machine acts like a synapse polygraph. It can tell the difference between real and fake.
被洗♥脑♥以后 真实和虚伪之间的界线就变得模糊了 但我自有办法
The line gets blurry when it comesto brainwashing... but I've got a way around that.
如果一个人曾被洗♥脑♥ 原先的记忆就被压抑了
If the person has been brainwashed and they have a latent memory... that brainwashing taken place
催眠、邪教 等等……坏人会往你记忆里植入一些东西
So hypnosis, cult programming... I don't know... Bad people drilling things into your head...
这机器会反复检查记忆里的这些被洗♥脑♥的时刻 如果没找到的话 那么记忆就是真实的
The machine cross checks for those moments first, and if it doesn't find them then, memory is real.
是这样的 客户有一个主意
So listen, client has an idea.
简单地说 如果你能进入别人的记忆 会怎样
Very simply put, what if you could go into other people's memories?
那……那有什么意义吗 -有很多潜在的价值啊
Wh..what would be the point of that? - What... you want possibilities?
到一个小孩的记忆里去 看看他是否曾被虐待……到一个老年痴呆症患者的记忆里去……
Go into a kid's memory, find out if he'd been abused... Go into an Alzheimer's...
呵呵 好极了 你都管到我机器的功能头上来了
I'm glad we're redefining the machine's function.
理查德 我很清楚我想要什么
Richard, I was clear about what I wanted.
我只是想说 你能办到 对吗 -这不在我们的讨论范围之内 你是我的代理人 你得卖♥♥我想要的机器 而不是别人来定制
I'm just saying. You can do that, right? - It's irrelevant! You're my rep, go sell the machine I wanted, not something else.
我试过了 我转述了你的意思 但他们不接受
I tried, ok, I pitched it... This was the idea they threw back.
谁不接受 -所有人
Who... who threw this back? - Everyone.
除非你做出一些妥协 不然你是拿不到资金的
You are not gonna get the kind of money you want unless you're willing to compromise a little bit.
不过……如果你只是想帮助别人的话 你也大可以不要钱啊
But hey... you wanna just help people, you can do that for free.
好吧 我答应你
What was the offer?
这不道德 -玛丽 他们只是想要一种记忆的展示 -你造这机器的初衷是为了让人们更好地处理记忆里的痛苦
It's unethical. - Mary, it's just a presentation - You built this machine to help expose trauma.
是啊 现在这功能依然在啊 -他们让你来操作
It's not gonna change anything, it still can do that. - And then they're just gonna let you call the shots?
用我现在的机器 对 当然是这样 -一旦开始了 到时候有你好受的
To get with what I have? Of course, of course they will...- This is how it starts.
我们负债累累 马上还要养孩子 你还不让我去挣这个钱
We're drowning in debt, we're about to start a family, so what do you want me to do?
我们会勉强过活的 -我们不应该只是勉强过活
We'll get by. - I don't deserve to just get by.
离启程还有三分钟
Three minutes to render.
我带钱来了
I come bearing money.
这些足够你开始了吧
That gonna be enough to get you started?
够了 嗯……这些够了
Yeah, enough... yeah that's gonna be enough
听着 理查德 我想知道谁是投资方 -一个认识到机器的潜力的人
Yeah, listen, Richard... I wanna know this investor is? - Someone who knows potential.
记住了 最后 掌控权会落到你手上
Listen, remember the end of the day you own the rights, you have control.
现在他对于机器的更改还有一些问题
Now he has a couple questions about the changes.
我用的那台好好的 为什么要造一台新的
Now the machine I used seemed to work fine. Why build a whole other one?
一些基本的升级 现在程序需要一个局外人来引导你
General upgrades. The current program requires an outside user to get you around.
这样你就能在独自进入记忆以后 随心所欲地在其中穿梭
We want you to be able to go anywhere you wanna go once you're inside on your own.
现在我进入到记忆里来了…… -理查德 你听得到我说话吗
So I emerge inside the memory... - Richard, can you hear me?
听得到 汤姆 我听得见你 -这就是它运转的方式
Yeah...Tom, I can hear you. - Then is that how it works?
不 不尽然 我们需要在一个中立点对记忆进行整理
No, not exactly... we need to be able to sort through the memories from a neutral spot.
所以我们正在病人的大脑里制♥造♥一个虚拟的指挥中心 也就是一个起始点 是一开始要去的地方
So we're creating a virtual command center inside of the mind of the patient... starting point, somewhere to go.
好的 起始区域 它得长什么样 -这样如何
Alright, starting zone... What's it gonna look like? - How about this place?
这房♥间 -对 在我们弄更复杂的东西之前 把它先当做临时的起始区
This house? - Yeah, just as a place holder, 'til we get something more involved.
你是说弄更有意思的东西之前 -是的
More interesting, is that what you mean? - Yeah
好 那我先开始录像
Alright... ok, I'll start capturing.
我们得叫个人来录音 -我来吧
We're gonna need a voice. - I'll do it.
怎么了 -为什么我们不弄点有风格的
What? - Why don't we give it a little flare?
或许雇一个女演员 他们会喜欢的 我自己就喜欢
You know, maybe hire an actress? They'll like that. I'd like it.
你们没觉得我的声音很有风格吗 -没有
You don't think my voice has flare? - No.
咦 呀 哟……
Yea, ya, yo...
刚才那个录得好不 -我觉得可以了 把最后一点录完 就完工了
How's that one? - Works for me, let's just move on to the Zs and then we're done.
给个评价
How's it lookin'?
全五星 -亲 我是说她的声音
Stunning. - Talkin' about the voice, lover boy.
哦 声音也是
Right, that too...
你的记忆已经就绪 汤姆
Your memory is ready, Tom.
你的记忆已经就绪 汤姆 -我们出发吧
Your memory is ready, Tom. - Let's go.
我现在在起始点 找一段我想前往的记忆
So I'm in the starting point and I find a memory I wanna go to..
然后我就出现在那了 这么简单 -是的 就这么简单
And I'm there? As simple as that? - As simple as that.
你能在记忆里走多远 -只要在允许范围内就行
How far can you go inside the memory? - As far as the memory will allow.
你到达记忆边缘时会看到临时边界
Temporary borders pop up when you're at the memory's edge..
这是你无法逾越的 不过本来就没必要
A fence that you can't get past. Shouldn't have to, anyway..
这儿的整个世界融合了一些确实存在着的东西
This entire world is an amalgamation of things that actually exist.
以及一些机器随机创造出的东西 各种各样 从日常用品到人
And things that the machine randomly generates, anything from everyday items to people.
至于你 你不会对这个世界产生任何持续的影响 就好像你压根不存在一样
And as for you, you'll leave no lasting impression on this world. It's like you're not even there.
好的 最后问个问题 我们怎么出去 -用户自己给命令
Ok, one last question, how do we get out? - User express.
好 那如果出了岔子呢
Ok, what if something goes wrong?
这个我们还在研究
We're working on it.
米妮 -我在 汤姆 -请启动自毁
Minnie? - Yes, Tom. - Self destruct, please.
自毁倒计时:五 四……
Self destructing in five, four...
三 二 一
three, two, one.
再见了 汤姆
Goodbye Tom.
自毁失败 汤姆 我必须提醒你 我不是邪恶的
Self destruct has failed, Tom. I must remind you, I am not evil.
我要再诊断一次吗
Shall I diagnose it again?
米妮 我被困在这儿多久了 -四年零两个月加两天
How long have I been trapped here, Minnie? - Four years, two months, two days.
你准备好了吗
You ready?
我不知道在这个地方以外是否仍然有属于我的生活
I don't know if I have a life beyond this place
我不知道有没有人知晓我的存在
I don't know if anyone knows I'm exist.
有人吗
Hello?
宝贝儿 我是理查德
Babe, it's Richard.
你好
Hello.
明晚 -汤姆 我们应该还有六周才对
Tomorrow night? - We were supposed to have another six weeks, Tom.
是的 但有了点变化 他们现在就想让我们演示一次
Yeah, well, there's been some changes. Apparently window on investment is closing, they need a presentation right now.
拜托 还有一大坨东西没检测 还有许多临时替代物在那里面啊
There's a laundry list of things we haven't tested, there's still place holders in there for God's sake.
比方说 陌生人的脸怎么办 -用你自己的脸顶替吧
Unfamiliar faces. - Use yourself.
好 那照片、图片呢 -随便弄点东西凑合吧 理查德知道我们压力很大
Ok, what about photos, pictures.
- Details, just fill them in with something, anything. Richard knows we're under the gun.
行 但是在报告上我得抗♥议♥ 说我们本该还有至少一个月的时间来做检测的
Alright, but I'm objecting, on the record, and saying we should have at least another month to test these.
好了 你的抗♥议♥我会记下来的 现在开工吧
Well, your objection is noted. Now let's get to work.
准备好了 -嗯
Ready? - Yeah.
我爱你 -我也爱你
I love you. - I love you.
等我回来 小鸟儿(注:男主对女主的爱称)
Tough for me, birdie.
你想把它放哪 -喔 放那就行
Ok, so where do you want this? - Oh, just put it down there.
这算什么
What is this?
谁是你的投资人 -嗯……这有点复杂
Who's your investor? - It's er... complicated.
复杂 那就把它弄简单点 理查德 投资人到底是谁
Complicated. Well then uncomplicate it, Richard. Who the hell's the investor?
阿瑟·肯尼森 惩教署的人
Arthur Kennison, Department of Corrections.
你看 是这样的 你进入被告人的记忆
You see, the idea is you go into the memories of an accused man...
去看他到底有没有罪 -他自愿来接受检查
...see if he did the crime or not. Assured culpability. - Is this something he'd volunteer for?
不是自愿不自愿的问题 如果成功的话 这会变成强制性的
No, if it works, it'd be mandatory.
好一个180度的转变啊 伙计 10分钟之内我他妈就能卷铺盖走人
Well bravo on the fucking 180°, pal. I can pack this up in ten minutes.
但你已经帮我开了支票了(注:意思是说 已经脱身不能) -我一直相信着你
You signed my fucking checks. - I trusted you.
六个月来你一直知道客户是什么人但是却没告诉我 -我说了这是一个认识到机器的潜力的人
You knew all the clients all along and you kept your mouth shut for six months. - I told you it was someone who sees potential.
我没说谎啊
That's not a lie.
现在我是在给你一个机会 -放屁吧你 你还是给自己找个机会吧
Now I am trying to give you a chance. - Bullshit, you given yourself a chance.
好好好 或许我的确渴望一个机会 一个能赚大发的机会 行了么
Okay, maybe I wanna chance...maybe I want an opportunity for something great, Ok?
你得明白 你是第一个在这方面工作的人
Now you gotta understand something. You're not the only one working on this.
也是唯一一个 但是这状况将持续多久呢
You're the first, but how long does that last?
我预见到总会发生些什么的 但绝对不是这样的事
I had a vision on this thing, and this is not it... it's not it!
这和你的预见无关 别忘了你已经没法退出了
It's not about your vision. It's about control!
你觉得他们的钱可以让你不做事就白白带走