1914年,是第一次世界大战的第一年。大英帝国和德意志帝国,都加强了
各自在东非的殖民地及保护国的控制,他们都在招募当地的土著非洲人,
充实自己的军队。
[KARs singing native song]
[英属非洲步兵唱着本族的歌♥曲]
[footsteps]
[步伐声]
[KARs singing native song]
[英属非洲步兵唱着本族的歌♥曲]
[Harold exhales]
[哈罗德的叹息声]
All right, we can hold position here
好吧,我们可以守在这里,
if you and your foot patrol want to head down and investigate, Sergeant.
如果你和你的徒步巡逻队,还想下去查看一番的话,中士。
-Bloody nightmare.
-血腥的噩梦。
Right, you hold position up here, Corporal.
好了,你守住这里,下士。
Right, you three,come with me.
你们三个,跟我来。
[footsteps]
[脚步声]
[sighs]
[叹息声]
[flies buzzing]
[苍蝇嗡嗡声]
[KAR1] A native warrior of the Wahehe.
[英属非洲兵1]这是瓦赫赫族的土著武士。
He is Ruga-Ruga.
他是鲁伽-鲁伽族人。
-Well, he was working for the Germans,that's for sure. This is a Mauser.
-他肯定是为德国人效力的。这是一把德国毛瑟枪。
He was probably a scout,underestimated the grassland.
他可能是个侦察兵,却不熟悉这片草地。
-With respect, sir,the Ruga are one with the land.
-恕我直言,长官,鲁伽人可是与土地浑为一体的民族。
They do not. underestimate.
他们不会忽视地形的。
[flies buzzing]
[苍蝇嗡嗡声]
Where is the gun crew?
枪队在哪里?
[flies buzzing]
[苍蝇嗡嗡声]
-Rifles at the ready!
-步♥枪♥兵准备!
[grunting in pain]
[痛苦的呻♥吟♥]
[rustling]
[文件沙沙声]
-[speaking in German]
-[说着德语]
把这些人,藏到我们狙击手的隐蔽点去。
杀了他。
[slashes]
[刺杀声]
[bird squawks]
[鸟在尖声叫着]
逃出非洲
翻译:hardstick 校订:hardstick 时间轴:hardstick
[train honking]
[火车汽笛声]
-Something I can do for you?
-我能为你效劳吗?
-I was having a dream.I was Joan of Arc,
我做了一个梦。梦见我是圣女贞德,
and I was wearing this brilliant armor,and I was riding a stallion.
我穿着华丽的盔甲,骑着一匹骏马。
-Where did that leave me?
-那你梦见我在哪里?
-Oh, you were in a tower,locked away,reading a newspaper.
-哦,你被锁在高塔里,在读报纸。
And there was a fire-breathing dragon coming for you.
这时,一条火龙向你扑来。
-How terrifying.
-多可怕呀。
-Oh no, not at all.
-不,一点也不。
I rode in and slayed the dragon,but you had already left.
等我骑马进去,杀了恶龙,你已经走了。
-How thoughtless of me.
-我多没良心啊。
-You went off drinking with a bunch of wild hyenas.
-你和一群彘狗出去喝酒了。
You were laughing with them.
你还和他们一起大笑。
You were laughing at me,actually.
其实,你们是在嘲笑我。
-Ohh.
-喔。
That is awfully cruel of me and my hyena chums.
我和我的鬣狗朋友们,真是太残忍♥了。
-Indeed,because there I was,left with this rather large disgusting dragon corpse.
-确实,因为我留在那里,还有那具相当大的、恶心的龙尸体。
-Well, you're a rather resourceful one.
-你真是足智多谋啊。
I'm sure you made the most of a loathsome situation.
我相信你充分利用了,这令人讨厌的情况。
-Well indeed, I did.
-嗯,确实是这样。
- You know,I have to say that I prefer to be the knight in shining armor, of course.
-你知道,我不得不说,我当然更喜欢当,穿着闪亮盔甲的骑士。
-Well, I prefer to be laughing at you.
-那我就会,更加嘲笑你了。
-You have been in Africa far too long, love.
-你在非洲呆得太久了,亲爱的。
[train whistling]
[火车汽笛声]
-And there's the dragon now.
-现在,这条龙来了。
-You really have been fantastic about all this, Anne,with your uncle and everything.
-你对你的舅舅,以及这里的一切,感觉都很好。
-Well, it's a fair price to be near Voi.and you, of course.
-嗯,这里离沃伊很近,价格很公道。当然还有你。
-Well, after I get my promotion,we'll move into officer housing in Voi and start a family again.
-嗯,等我升职了,我们就搬到沃伊的军官公♥寓♥,重新组建家庭。
[somber music]
[哀伤的音乐]
It's, uh.
这已经
been a year since she passed.
她离开我们,已经一年了。
[somber music]
[哀伤的音乐]
I have to go.
我得走了。
[belt clanking]
[武装带叮当声]
-I'm sorry.
-我很抱歉。
I miss her.
我想念她。
-Me too.
-我也是。
We are healers,not soldiers.
我们是医生,不是士兵。
We are here to heal;that includes ourselves.
我们是来疗伤的,包括我们自己。
One day we'll start a family again.
我们会重建家庭的。
-I'm still not ready.
-我还没准备好。
[Alex] I'm sorry.
[亚历克斯]我很抱歉。
[overlapping conversation in Swahili]
[斯瓦西里语喋喋不休]
[bell ringing in distance]
[远处的摇铃♥声♥]
[Lockwood] Let's review the facts in closing, shall we?
[洛克伍德]让我们把情况再回顾一遍,好吗?
Private Kamante,documents in the officer's vault went missing on your watch.
二等兵卡曼特,在你眼皮底下,军官保险柜的文件不见了。
You're lucky you're not tried for treason.
你没因反叛罪受审,算你走运。
Further, your accusations of British personnel's misconduct are implausible and unsubstantiated.
此外,你对英国人的不当行为的指控,是站不住脚,和毫无根据的。
[Kamante groans in agony]
[卡曼特痛苦地呻♥吟♥]
-You've heard the ruling of the court.
-你已经听到了,法庭的裁决。
Justice has been upheld,and now it will be served.
正义应得到了伸张,现在罪行将受到刑罚。
Take him away.
把他带下去。
[Kamante yelling in Swahili]
[卡曼特用斯瓦西里语喊着]
-Yash.
-亚什。
-Sir.
-长官。
-After we take care of the train business,
-等我们把火车的事情忙过之后,
we need to find the documents and account for all personnel at the hour in question.
我们得找到那份文件,以及质询,在出事时间内,涉及的每一个有关人员。
[Yash] Yes, sir.
[亚什]是,长官。
[Lockwood] And Yash, keep it quiet.
[洛克伍德]还有,亚什,这事别声张出去。
-Yes, sir.Like a moose, sir.
-是的,长官。我就像一头麋鹿,长官。
[Anne] Rigala, your mother's looking for you.
[安妮]丽加拉,你妈妈在找你。
She's about to leave on the train.
她正要坐火车离开。
[door opens]
[开门声]
[Kamante yelling in Swahili]
[卡曼特用斯瓦西里语喊着]
[cage opens then closes]
[囚笼打开又关上了]
[Anne] Uncle, I just want to thank you so much again for everything you've done for me.
[安妮]舅舅,我想,再次非常感谢您,为我所做的一切。
You're dear and compassionate.
你很可爱,富有同情心。
[Salesman speaking in Swahili]
[小贩操着斯瓦西里语叫卖♥♥]
-I'll take the compliment.
-我接受你的赞美。
I'll also take this.
我还接受这个。
-And as a compassionate and reasonable man,
作为一个富有同情心和通情达理的人,
I might ask how those traits extended toward the natives today.
我可能会问,这些特质如何施恩到,今天的土著人身上。
-Harold's patrol went missing last night.
-哈罗德的巡逻队,昨晚失踪了。
Apparently, he made it to the rail line.
显然,他设法逃到了铁路线。
Train brought him in.
这趟列车会带着他来这里。
-Is he all right?
-他没事吧?
-We'll see.
-我们拭目以待。
He lost a patrol a few years ago.
他几年前,也带丢过一支巡逻队。
I looked for Harold,but he thought we abandoned him.
我去找哈罗德,但他以为,我们抛弃了他。
[Anne] Did you?
[安妮]你做了吗?
-Pawns aren't privy to know how the board is in play.
-棋盘上棋子,是不知道怎么下棋的。
I think an attack is coming.
我认为,袭击将会发生。
You may leave on the train for Voi,if you feel so inclined.
如果你愿意的话,你可以坐火车去沃伊。
-No, I choose to stay.I have responsibilities here.
-不,我选择留下来。我在这里有责任。
-Anne, your safety is far more important than that of these natives.
-安妮,你的安全,比这些土著的,要重要得多。
[Anne] Uncle, I would challenge you to approach the natives with respect.
[安妮]舅舅,我真心希望你,能心怀尊重地,去与那些土著打交道。
-Yash, shoot that pest or something.
-亚什,去把那些害人虫之类的家伙,都枪毙掉。
-Indeed, sir.
-真的吗,长官。
Come on. Let's go.-How can you treat
快点。我们走。 -你怎么能这么对待
the natives like this? -Let's go.
那些当地人? -我们走。
-You think you've been here a while, do you?
-你觉得,你在这里已经有一段时间了,是吗?
Try to extract civility from savages.
试着从野蛮人身上,找出一丝文明。
It's an art you don't understand.
这是一门你不懂的艺术。
Yash.
亚什。
-I do not know how you tolerate that man.
-我不知道,你怎么能容忍♥那个人。
-I'm stronger when you're here.
-你在的时候,我更坚强。
-Well, I'll be back in two weeks.
-好吧,我两周后就回来。
[whistle blows in distance]
[远处的哨子声]
Have to go.
我得走了。
[Alex sighs]
电影精选列表