拯救了这个国家
From the brink civil war
是你努力避免了灾难的发生
You alone averted that catastrophe.
历史也会因为我轻易放走
History might also say I took my
反叛者而记住我
Hand off the teller too soon
我现在释放曼德拉
I give way on Mandela's freedom now,
风平浪静的日子就没了
I give away tranquil
他和其他人一样
He's a man like any other.
得到的越多越不满足
The more he gets of it, the more he'll want it.
曼德拉是关键
Mandela is the key.
-今天去哪儿 -去给你个惊喜
- Where to today? - A surprise.
正常 目标已经抵达
Control, confirm subject arrival.
-情况怎么样 -一切正常
- Everything is alright - No problems.
希望你会喜欢新住处 曼德拉先生
I hope you like your new quarters, Mr Mandela?
这位是你的保安斯沃特
This is warrant officer Swart.
他照顾你 给你做饭 等等
He'll look after you. Do your cooking and so on.
咱们之前见过面 在罗本岛
We've met before, at Robben Island.
我经常开车带你去采石场
I used to drive you to the quarry.
真希望你做饭比当司机强
I hope you are a better cook than you were a driver.
带他转转 我得走了
Give him the tour. I'll leave you to settle in.
这有三个卧室 这间最大
There's three bedrooms. This is the largest.
我肯定这床
I'm sure you'll find the bed more
比你之前睡的舒服
Comfortable than you used to
部门会议被推迟了 教授
The departmental conference is postponed, professor.
你和那些非洲国民大会的无♥耻♥教授在英国
We know exactly what's going on in the UK...
密谋了什么我们都已经知道了
Between you and the ANC thugs professor.
下次谈判考虑清楚要谈什么
Think carefully before going next time
否则就别想再睡好觉了
Or learn to sleep wll fetch a shovel.
我是迈克尔·杨 请留言
This is Michael Young. Please leave a message.
我是埃斯特侯赛
This is esterhuyse.
我建议
I suggest...
咱们尽快
That you make a date for the next
安排下次会面
Meeting as soon as possible
-好想你 -你能回来真好
- I missed you. - It's nice to see you back.
万寿菊 紫罗兰
Marigolds. Pansies.
这株种错地方了 它需要更多的光照
This one is in the wrong place. It needs more light.
你选个合适的地儿 我去拿铁锹
You pick a spot. I'll fetch a shovel.
温伯利为释放曼德拉已发生72000次骚动
总统先生
Mr president?
总统先生你没事吧
Mr president, are you alright?
快去叫救护车
We need an ambulance now.
加油 加油 加油
Hip, hip, hooray!
再见
Bye bye, Tata.
我亲爱的朋友
My dear friend.
博特至少很关注我的金鸟笼
At best, Botha regarded my gilded cage
看我是否会屈服
As a way to seduce the submission.
但为了这一刻我已经准备了二十年
But I have had twenty years to prepare me for this moment.
和巴纳德谈判非常危险
Talking to Barnard was a high risk strategy...
但有一点你可以放心
But you can trust in one thing.
我不会跟政♥府♥谈条件的
That I am not negotiating terms with the government...
除非可以促进非洲国民大会的进程
But facilitating the process for the ANC to do so.
很显然你们和我现在已经
Surely, you and I have come too
远到他们没法把咱们分开了
Far to let them divide us now
德克勒克的新总统竞选
The election of the new state president F. W. De Klerk...
被认为是国家暴♥乱♥的导火索
Has sparked a wave of violence across the country.
而他关于重组的委任令
And sensitivity about his commitment to reform...
明显的加剧了暴♥动♥的程度
Seems to be fuelling the violence.
德克勒克先生代表国家政党的角色
Mr De Klerk's position to the right of the national party...
让一些评论者怀疑
Have left some observers to
他的胃口是否有所转变
Question his appetite for change
博塔的错误源于他对安全顾问的依赖
Botha's mistake was his reliance on his security
而保护他的权力是国会的决定
So the expense of protecting his power base in parliament.
我必须告诉你 这是个误会
I must tell you, that is a mistake
我不想重复第二遍了
I do not intent to repeat.
我错误地接受他的计划
My mistake was accommodating his
准备利用释放曼德拉
Plan to throw divine Mandela
来获得不切实际的政♥权♥
From the ANC in a futile attempt to cling on to power.
我和曼德拉先生的谈话
My discussions with Mr Mandela have
使我深信现在唯一的出路
Convinced me that the only way
就是在他们提条件之前
Of doing that now is to give some of it away and negotiate.
作出一些妥协之后开始谈判
Before it's taken from us.
你被停职已经够久了 博士
You've been detained long enough, Doctor.
各位 开始吧
Gentlemen, shall we?
反对种族隔离政策
Help us end apartheid now!
我怀疑是否能看到改革真正实行
I doubt we're looking at the messiah of change.
德克勒克拥护种族隔离政策
De Klerk is a life long apologist for apartheid.
这就是为什么他的政党选他来竞选
Presumably that's why his party chose him.
这是下次会议的名单 我加了一个名额
Names for the next meeting. I've added a new one.
-看着有点乱 -威廉·德克勒克
- Mix things up a bit. - Willem De Klerk?
-是总统的弟弟 -你太明智了
- Yes, the president's brother. - How prescient of you.
我希望他能让他哥哥放弃种族隔离
I'm hoping he's got his brother's ear.
和他哥哥正好相反 他很反感种族隔离
Unlike F.W., he's on record condemning apartheid.
如果他弟弟像否决埃斯特侯赛那样
What if his brother vetoes his attendance?
不让他出席呢
Along with Esterhuyse
埃斯特侯赛非常坚决 没什么能阻止他
Esterhuyse is committed now. Nothing will keep him away.
那就把他的护照吊销吧
Unless his passport is revoked.
这是埃斯特侯赛家 我们现在不在家
This is the Esterhuyse residence. We're not home right now.
有事请留言 我会给你回电♥话♥
If you leave a message. We'll call you back.
你确定他不在学校吗
And you're sure that he's nowhere in the university?
我给他家打过电♥话♥了
I've tried him at home.
塔博 托尼 阿齐兹
Thabo. Tony. Aziz.
很高兴又见面了
Good to see you again.
-其他人还没来吗 -快到了
- The others aren't here yet? - They will be. They will be.
如果他联♥系♥你 或者你见到他
If he contacts you, or if you see him...
告诉他尽快给迈克尔·杨打电♥话♥
Tell him to call Michael Young as soon as possible.
我等你电♥话♥
I'll be waiting by the phone.
告诉他我现在不能见他
Tell him that I can't see him now.
博士 总统今天还是
The president will be unable to
没空见你
See you today after all, doctor
有事和他的秘书接触
His diary secretary will be in touch, then.
该死的高速公路堵车 堵了好几小时
Bloody highway pile-up. Stuck there for hours.
先生们
Gentlemen.
我是迈克尔·杨 德克勒克先生
Michael Young, Mr De Klerk.
你好
How do you do?
威廉·德克勒克
Willem De Klerk, journalist and
记者 时政评论员
Political commentator
-很高兴见到你 -荣幸之至
- Pleased to meet you. - Pleasure, sir.
咱们进去吧
Shall we?
大家很担心你的安危
You had us worried there.
你们不可能这么容易就甩掉我
You don't get rid of me that easily.
我亲爱的老朋友
My dear friend and comrade.
你想象不到我收到你的消息有多开心
I cannot tell you my relief to hear from you at last.
就像之前联♥系♥时我提醒过你的一样
Had you contacted me before, I could have warned you...
和政♥府♥进行谈判的条件
That yours are not the only talks
除了释放你还有其他很多
Taking place with the government.
不过释放你是谈判的首要条件
Your release is high on the agenda of those discussions.
鉴于新总统的强硬政策
Given the hard line position of the new state president...
这些谈判条件依旧悬而未决
The future of those talks must now hang in the balance.
你说应该怎么定义 威廉
Call it what it is, Willie.
少数者的权利和白人♥权♥利均等
Minority rights, equals white rights
换句话说 你想我们确保
In other words, you want us to ensure...
白人永久享有特权
The privileges whites enjoy are perpetuated.
团体权利的构想在于
The idea of group rights is that no
没有一个团体可以凌驾于令一个
Group has dominanance over another...
不论白人还是黑人
White or black.
这不正是你的那些不分种族的信条吗
Isn't that what your non-racial credo is all about?
如果没有这些的保障
But without assurance of that...
总统是永远不会上谈判桌的
The president will never come to the negotiating table.
不是这样吗 威廉
Is that not so, Willem?
我不知道 教授
That's not for me to say, Professor.
德克勒克的弟弟并没泄露很多东西
De klerk's brother doesn't give much away.
他一直说他不是他哥哥的保姆