That you must defeat terrorists before you can negotiate with them.
私底下 你要尽可能拖住和谈的进度
Privately, he wants you to continue the dialogue for as long as possible.
倘若我们能了解到更多的
The more we know about
非洲民族议会权利架构的断层
The ANC's fault lines in their power structure...
我们就能更好的准备 控制并结束战争
The better we are equipped to control the end game.
那么 我要扮演你的间谍
So, I am to act as your spy?
我们更想保持中立
A go between is more what we had in mind.
你想过为什么选你来领导这次会谈吗 教授
Have you thought why you were chosen to lead these talks, Professor?
你好说话
You're a soft target.
他们认为你作为一个社会公义的拥护者
They think your reputation as an advocate for social justice...
会让他们有机可乘
Gives them a way in.
继续伪装吧
Play along.
姆贝基肯定会以为你只是一个...
Mbeki must think you are just a...
受人尊敬 寻求真理的学者
Respected academic on a fact-finding mission.
我是好说话 但也不是没主见的 博士
A soft target is not a soft touch, Doctor.
我要去那个会议听听他们的话
I'm going to that meeting to hear what they have to say.
也让他们听听我讲的话
As importantly for them to hear what I have to say.
整个计划毫无作用
The whole process is futile otherwise.
但是事实是 教授
Ja, but the thing is, you see, Professor.
如果你不合作...
You don't co-operate...
你就无法参加这项计划
Your participation in the process will be terminated.
我的直线电♥话♥ 打给我
My direct line. Call me.
教授 你现在必须小心炸♥弹♥装置了
Professor, you need to be vigilant about incendiary devices now.
记得在开车前先检查车底
Always check under your car before using it.
我会派人告诉你怎么检查的
I'll send my people over to show you how.
你的票呢
And your ticket?
别忘了打电♥话♥给阿比·撒齐
Don't forget to ring Albi Sachs.
莫桑比克 非洲民族会议办事处
你好
Hello?
我是塔博·姆贝基 我要聊几句
This is Thabo Mbeki. I need a quick word.
他刚去机场 我看能不能赶上他 你等等
He's just left for the airport. I'll try and catch him, hold on.
阿比
Albi!
阿比
Albi!
-换条线路 -换线
- Get another line. - Another line, please!
非洲民族会议律师在汽车爆♥炸♥案中遇难
1988年春 英格兰索美塞 梅斯庄园
告诉工作人员加强安全检查
Background checks on staff.
他们知道安全的重要性吗
And they know that security is an issue?
我早上对他们做了简报
I briefed them this morning.
每天早上对他们做简报 一定要强调
Brief them every morning. Just keep hammering it home.
-这里是马本奇先生的房♥间 -姆贝基
- This is Mr Mambenki's room. - Mbeki.
-所有房♥间都是套房♥ -很好
- All the rooms are ensuite. - It's nice.
-隔壁呢 -他的同事 帕德先生
- And, next door? - His colleague. Mr... Pahad.
把埃斯特侯赛安排在姆贝基隔壁
Put Professor Esterhuyse next to Mbeki.
要把他们打乱 尽力制♥造♥接触的机会
We need to mix them up. Maximise the opportunity for chance meetings.
-好的 -很好 谢谢
- Right. - Good. Thank you.
今天这种场合 '欢迎'一词已经微不足道
'Welcome' seems a meagre word for such an occasion.
但是真诚依旧
But, it is no less sincere, all the same.
现在 你看我起草的议程表...
Now, as you can see from the agenda I drew up...
我们有很多事情要谈讨
We have a lot of ground to cover.
如果我们要完成这些项目 就必须...
So, if we're to get through it, I think it is essential that...
出于尊重 杨先生
With respect, Mr Young.
你不是南非人 这不是你的议程表
Since you are not South African, it's not your agenda.
这是我们的ttt
It's ours.
出于尊敬 姆贝基先生
And, with respect, Mr Mbeki...
我必须提一下议程先前已争得双方同意
I must remind you that the agenda was agreed by both sides in advance.
第一条 非洲民会一方陈述观点
Item one.The ANC perspective.
我知道你们南非白人
We know that you Afrikaners
为国家付出了鲜血
Have paid in blood for your country.
我们也是
As, we have.
我们也知道由于你们的遭遇
We know too, that it was from your suffering...
种族隔离制度逐渐形成
That a system of apartheid was incubated.
掌权 最根本的原因是生存
The need to dominate is often a consequence of survival.
我们的问题在于被流放
Our problem is, as exiles, we are...
我们直接不在政♥治♥体系管辖内
Outside the political system.
所以我们在与政♥府♥的任何谈判中
So, we are not in a position to offer any concessions or compromises...
不能让步或妥协
In any potential negotiations with the government.
如果你不能让步 你能做什么呢
If you can't offer concessions, what can you offer?
我们所能做的就是停火
All we can do is set out our stall of demands.
只有他们释放纳尔逊·曼德拉
The release of Nelson Mandela
和所有的政♥治♥囚犯们
And all political prisoners.
正式宣布政♥治♥机构没有隐患
The unbanning of all proscribed political organisations.
到那时候多数决定原则才可以有效
Only then can a negotiated transition to majority rule take place.
那么我们可以断定非洲民族会议
So, then, we can take it that there is no truth in the rumour...
希望曼德拉死在监狱只是谣言
That the ANC hopes Mandela will die in prison?
因此将他升格为殉国烈士
Thus elevating him to the status of martyr.
你不觉得他现在就是烈士吗
You don't think he's achieved that status already?
那些谣言和所有关于我们的信息
That rumour, along with most information about us...
都是虚假伪造的
Is based on disinformation.
如果放了他你们能保证
And, the riots and bloodshed if he does get released?
不再发生混乱和血杀事件吗
Can you guarantee you can control your guerrilla extremists?
先控制曼德拉夫人和她的关系网吧
Controlling Mrs Mandela and her necklacing would be a start.
那你们也控制一下警♥察♥的残暴行为
As would controlling the brutality of your security police.
你能保证吗
Can you guarantee that?
比勒陀利亚声明 博塔
There's talk in Pretoria that Botha is considering...
正准备组建一个新的隶属于国会的机构
Forming a new body to be affiliated to Parliament...
那里黑人和有色人种及印度人代表一样
Where black representatives can join the coloured and Indian delegates...
开始享受权力
As a prelude to power sharing.
你对这一提议有什么意见
Can we ask your opinion on such a proposal?
先说说你的意见
What is yours?
我来此的目的就是为了查出事实
I'm just here on a fact-finding mission,
姆贝基先生
Mr Mbeki.
关键是你的意见
Your opinion is the issue.
我们来这里不是为了调整种族隔离制度
My understanding is we are not here to discuss reforming Apartheid.
或者什么新的政♥权♥
Or, disguising it under some new administrative structure.
我们来这里是摧毁他们的
We're here to talk about how to abolish it.
我们追求的是多数决定原则的启动
What we are seeking, is a prelude to majority rule.
分权并不是我们的选择
Power sharing, is not an option.
教授
Ah, Professor.
好了 没事 好了 先生们 请停一下
Okay. Good, good. Gentlemen, please. Good.
你们能否再列出些对于多数决定原则的
Perhaps, if you outline the specific nature of your fears...
恐慌想法
Relating to majority rule.
这不是非常复杂的事
It's not bloody rocket science.
那些黑人们就是想要弄死我们
The blacks come after our blood,
我们的孩子在他们地盘被杀害 那是事实
And our children get slaughtered in their beds. That, is the reality.
依赖共和党的统治必定有损经济的稳定
A communist leaning administration will destroy our economic stability.
最终还是会和其他非洲国家一样
They'll end up in the same post colonial chaos...
以殖民混乱垮台
As the other African states.
教授
Professor?
你不仅仅抹杀了我们的语言和文化
You'll obliterate not only our language and our culture,
还抹杀了人♥权♥
But our human rights.
恐惧是反对者首要的武器
Fear is the first weapon of the oppressor.
他蒙蔽了所有人去意识他人的人性
It blinds us all from seeing the humanity of the other.
你也没有那么清白 姆贝基先生
Your hands are not so clean either, Mr Mbeki.
如果不是恐惧你又为什么发动恐怖袭击
What is your campaign of terror based on if not fear?
恐怖氛围不是我们弄得 教授
The culture of fear is not of our making, Professor.
我们是和殖民统治者学的
We learnt it at the feet of our masters.
看起来很累 曼德拉先生 又和你聊很晚
You're looking tired, Mr Mandela. We've kept you talking too late again.
幸运的是我今晚没有其他安排
Fortunately, I had no other plans tonight.
我期待着下次的谈话 博士
I look forward to our next conversation, Doctor.
有一阵子我记得你说 协谈
For a moment I thought you said,'negotiation'.
我是不是听错了
My ear's playing tricks on me.
再见 博士
Good night, Doctor.
-考特斯先生 -晚安
- Mr. Coatsee. - Good night.
不要再和那些罗本岛民♥联♥系了
Stop all contact with the other Robben Islanders.
不需要给他灌输希腊颂歌♥
We don't need their Greek Chorus in his ear.
好的
Alright.
明天给他准备一套西装
And get him a suit for next time.
让他感觉平等 他会更妥协
We'll get more out of him if he thinks he's an equal.
好的 主意不错
Okay. It's a good idea.
我把这里交给你
I'll leave you to it.
我就是觉得没有外人在场 事情更好解决
I just think things might free up a bit without an outsider present.