To promote your cycle of terror?
我可以成章成篇的说出死去的孩子 教授
I can quote you chapter and verse on dead children, Professor.
他们的名字 年龄 出生年月 包括我的孩子
Names, ages and dates, my son included.
我觉得该休息一下了
I think a break is in order, gentlemen.
非洲民会的政策一直是
ANC policy is, and always has been...
只有军队和经济利益才是合法的
That only military and economic targets are legitimate.
如果闻起来是垃圾 听起来是垃圾
If it smells like crap and it sounds like crap...
很有可能那就是垃圾
Chances are, it is crap.
我不止一次试图断言
Not once have I tried to justify...
南非治安军数量过多
The excesses of the South African Security Forces.
然而 你坚持给我灌输简化的教条
Yet, you persist in spouting this pre-digested dogma at me.
也许他们认为如果说的次数够多
Maybe they think if they say it enough times,
我们就信了
We'll buy it.
这种讨论毫无结果 我们是继续...
This really is not productive, so either we move on...
约堡罗德堡爆♥炸♥不是偶然
The timing, of the Roodeport bomb isn't coincidental.
是兰萨卡授权的
Lusaka authorised it...
完全知道我们会议的内容
In the full knowledge of our meetings.
这是过时的恐怖战术
It's the old terror tactic...
一旦会议开始 就是实行武力
Once the talking starts, step up the violence.
如果你觉得那样可以让你们
If you think that's going to strengthen your hand...
在与政♥府♥谈判中占据有利地位
In any negotiations with the Government...
你已经看见了 那些机会都不复存在了
You've seen to it that all chance of that is off the table.
说实话
Frankly...
现在这些谈判也没什么意义
So are these talks.
-是时候加速进程了 -好的
- Time to turn up the heat. - Alright.
你好 曼德拉 请坐
Hello, Mr Mandela. Please.
我们来谈谈约堡罗德堡事件
Let's talk about Roodeport.
那些话很有必要讲讲
It needed saying.
没必要绕弯子
There was no getting round it.
也许吧
Perhaps.
但是却把他困到墙角
But, box a man into a corner and...
总统已经不耐烦了 曼德拉先生
The President is running out of patience, Mr Mandela.
要么你就公开指责共♥产♥党与非洲民会联合
Either, you denounce the communist links with the ANC...
发动的暴♥力♥事件
Condemn the violence...
要么我们之间就再没有商量的余地
Or, frankly, you and I? We have nothing further to discuss.
党政运动被迫在地下时
When political movements are forced underground...
他们当然要联合
They inevitably are thrown together...
没有哪个君子应敌人的请求
And, no man of honour would desert a lifelong friend...
抛弃一生的知己
At the request of a common enemy.
先生们 抱歉
Gentlemen, excuse us.
你不是这里唯一政♥治♥势力 曼德拉先生
You're not the only game in town, Mr Mandela.
你看不出来吗
Don't you see?
这是你抓住主动权的机会
This is your chance to seize the initiative.
非洲民会以为可以通过暴♥力♥获得政♥权♥
The ANC think they can bomb their way into power...
但是你的几句话 几句谴责的话
But a few words from you, condemning the violence...
不仅仅换回你的自♥由♥
Will not only secure your freedom...
也会让你自己
But will ensure that you alone...
成为政♥府♥唯一可以商谈的人
Will be the man the Government deals with.
你一个人就可以带领我们所有人走出僵局
You, alone, can lead us all out of this impasse.
难道你多年的付出就不应该有那个权力吗
Haven't your years of sacrifice earned you that right?
现在就是这种情形
This is the situation.
所有非洲民会组织
All ANC bombing operations...
都陷入兰萨卡的领导和统治模式
Fall under the command and control structure in Lusaka.
但是我们一些骨干认为
But, some of our cadres,
武力是唯一的解决途径
Believing force to be the only way...
有时候没有权力约束
Sometimes act without authority.
行动就变得混乱
Operations can get bungled.
无辜的人们
Innocent people...
被杀害
Get killed.
但是 相信我
But, you have my word...
我会力所能及
That I will do everything in my power...
保证市民不会再受到我们的惊吓
To ensure that civilians no longer suffer from our inadequacies.
你说你无法控制某些
Are you telling us that you are unable to control some of your...
激进的人员吗 姆贝基先生
Renegade cadres, Mr Mbeki?
如果你知道我们真实的情况 教授
If you know the truth of our situation, Professor...
你会明白武力事件
You will see that the issue of violence...
与我们竭力争取的其他事件是紧密联♥系♥的
Is irrevocably connected to the other issues we wrestle with.
只有我们进入了真正的民♥主♥程序
Only when we can participate in a truly democratic process...
我们才会放下武器
Will our armed struggle become obsolete.
到那时候我们之间的冲突才终止
Only then will the conflict between us end.
-睡得还好吗 -不错 你呢
- How did you sleep? - Not too bad. You?
还好 只要不梦见那律师的遭遇就行
Alright, except for terrible dreams about lawyers.
是啊 那才是噩梦呢
Oh, yes. That is a nightmare.
总之撒切尔在莫斯科
So, anyway, Thatcher is in Moscow...
红场的群众都围着她
The crowds in red square are all over her, mobbing her...
这些阿谀奉承让她感觉非常恶心
She's getting quite queasy with all this adulation...
所以她对她的翻译官说
So, she says to her interpreter,
我不是共♥产♥主义者
I'm not a communist then.
然后群众们回答说 我们也不是
And, they shout back, 'Neither are we! '
我来这以前认为
I came here believing what happened at
约堡罗德堡时间粉碎了所有的机会
Roodeport had deraam everything.
而你改变了这些
You changed that.
你在那个屋子里说的是不会实现的
What you said in that room will go no further.
-一路平安 威利 -我应该告诉你
- Safe home, Willie. - May I tell you...
对于你儿子的事我非常抱歉
How truly sorry I am about your son.
谢谢
Thank you.
塔博
Thabo?
兰萨卡10
靠边走小路
Come off the road.
从机场回来的路上出了点状况
There was an incident on the way from the airport.
他们不是政♥府♥的特工
They were not security agents.
大家都在讨论你的会谈
Word is out about your talks.
激进分子会利用一切方法阻止你的言论
Some of the militants will use any tactics to halt them.
二十年来只有武力能够镇♥压♥反叛
For two decades we've said only force will crush the enemy.
现在我们用演讲代替镇♥压♥
Instead of force, we now preach talks.
他们认为那是种背叛
They see that as a betrayal.
而当你在暴♥力♥问题上向他施压时
And when you pressed him on the violence issue...
他有没有提到非洲国民大会高层
Did he admit the ANC high command
现在批准监管基金了呢
Now sanction surveillance dollars
他依旧坚持最开始的意见
He made the same point he has made from the beginning...
遏止暴♥动♥
Cessation of violence...
取决于政♥府♥
Is contingent on the government
是否有效地实行民♥主♥
Committing to a democratic process
因为你告诉他即使
Because you told him there can be no question
暴♥动♥继续也不会有问题
Of that while the violence continues
告诉我 博士 他们是否应该
Tell me, doctor, should they agree to...
放弃武装抵抗之后
Give up the armed struggle and
和政♥府♥进行谈判呢
Negotiate with the government
你准备给他们什么作为回报
What would you give them in return?
你不能空着手
You cannot go into negotiation without
去和他们谈判
Bringing something empty handed.
而你却让我空着手去谈
Yet you send me in empty handed.
所以我空着手回来没什么奇怪的
Don't be surprised if I come back empty handed.
你没有谈判的权力 教授
You are not empowered to negotiate, professor.
你错了 教授 会谈不是没用的
You're wrong. Doctor. Talk is not cheap.
是我们唯一能做的
It's all we have left.
埃斯特侯赛先生认为
Mr Esterhuyse takes the view that...
在正式谈判之前
Before formal negotiations can take place...
双方必须首先互相让步
Concessions, must be made on both sides.
如果咱们表示出释放曼德拉的意向
If we make a gesture by releasing Mandela...
我从来没说过要
I said nothing about making
释放曼德拉
Concessions to Mandela's freedom
这不是派系斗争的问题
This is no longer a matter of political survival, sir.
您的赢取时间政策正好
Your policy of buying us time has created a...
为暴♥动♥的加剧提供了有利环境
A vacuum of uncertainty that is only fuelling the violence.
你知道我怎么认为吗
You know what I think?
这就是你掩饰失败的措辞
This is about your own survival, covering your sorry ass
如果你表现出向非洲国民大会妥协
If you are seen to take the initiative with the ANC...
历史会铭记你
History will always acknowledge it
因为是你站出来
Was you at the stage
从内战爆发的边缘
And vision to pull this country back,