我有点好奇
I'm intrigued.
我改天再去看公♥寓♥吧
Uh, I'll see the apartment another time.
好的 我们走吧
All right, let's go.
你介意我先把包放回家吗
Oh, do you mind if I drop my bag off first?
我们离我家不远
We're not far from my place.
要是你敢带我去你宿舍
If you're taking me to your dorm room,
老天可饶不了你
so help me God.
好的
Okay.
不是宿舍
Not a dorm.
哇
Wow.
是啊 当年我妈的父母 几乎没花什么钱就买♥♥下了
Yeah, my mom's parents bought it for nothing back in the day.
照片
Pictures.
看看这些
Look at these.
(我的诗 妮娜·戴维斯 2018夏)
妮娜 你没告诉我你写了诗
Nina, you didn't tell me you wrote poetry.
那是我八年级时写的 我不会太期待
Um, that was from eighth grade. I wouldn't get excited.
能借给我吗
Can I borrow it?
当然 你可以留着
Yeah, sure. You can keep it.
你还在写诗吗
Do you still write poems?
我不知道
Uh, I don't know.
不过我知道的是 那本书让我
But what I do know is that book got me
拿到了帕特尼中学的全额奖学金
a full ride to The Putney School.
那是哪里 佛蒙特州
Where's that? Vermont.
我当时急需离开这里
I needed to get the hell out of here.
情况很糟 是吧
That bad, huh?
是的 我父母经常吵架
Yeah. My parents were just fighting constantly.
真是个成长的好办法
What a way to grow up.
是啊
Uh, yeah.
那并不是我最喜欢的时光
It wasn't really my favorite time.
等等
Wait.
你是不是有些事忘记告诉我了
Did you forget to tell me something?
没有啊
Not really.
你准备好了吗
You ready?
你一直在盘问我
You've been giving me the third degree
却忘了提 你和罗杰·戴维斯有亲戚关系
and forgot to mention you're related to Roger Davis?
我确实和罗杰·戴维斯有亲戚关系 而且我们的车到了
I'm related to Roger Davis. And our Uber's here.
罗杰·戴维斯啊
Roger Davis.
要是贝茜还活着 她会当场晕过去
If Bessie were alive, she'd drop dead.
他在家吗 他在这里吗 不在
Is he home? Is he here? No.
他那么帅 那么聪明
Um, he's so handsome and smart,
贝茜提过他娶了个犹太女人
and Bessie mentioned that he'd married a Jew.
我早该猜到 我怎么猜得到
I should have known. Well, how would I have known?
我能把这东西脱下来吗
Can I please take this thing off?
我快吐了
I'm about to hurl.
我们还没到呢
We're not there yet.
我觉得我比你
You know, I... I think I'm a bigger fan
更喜欢罗杰·戴维斯
of Roger Davis than you are.
不 我爱我爸爸
No, no. I... I love my dad.
只是很奇怪
It's just been weird.
他从来不提我的妈妈
He never talks about my mom.
比如我一提起她 他就直接走开
Like, I'll bring her up, and he'll just leave the room.
就好像她
It's like she just...
突然就消失了
poof, went away.
亲爱的
Oh, honey.
就在右边这里停就行
Oh, just here on the right is good.
你没事吧 我能行
You okay? Oh, I've got it.
噢
Oh.
你可以摘下眼罩了 女士
All right, you may remove your mask, madame.
天啊 跟我想的不太一样
Oh, God. I... I thought this would be different.
我只是 我想让你玩得开心
I just... I wanted you to have a nice time.
埃莉诺
Eleanor?
这跟以前一样
It's just like it was.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
要四处看看吗
Should we look around?
好啊 好吗
Yeah. Yeah?
除了蓝天就没别的
♪ Nothing but blue sky ♪
呈现在我眼中
♪ Do I see ♪
(本杰明·科恩·拉比 罗德夫·沙洛姆会堂)
太好了
It's... it's just wonderful,
埃莉诺
Eleanor.
我今天就可以给你安排日期 和一段《妥拉》经♥文♥
I can assign you a date and a Torah portion today.
呃 噢
Um... Oh.
就定在四周后的今天
Oh. Four weeks from today.
哇 这么快
Wow. That soon?
好的 当然了
Okay. Sure.
完美
Perfect.
也就是说 你的《妥拉》经♥文♥会是
Um, which means that your Torah portion will be...
我们看看
let's see...
雅各和以扫的故事
Ah, the story of Jacob and Esau.
现在
Now, uh...
我知道你对《妥拉》的教义很熟悉
I know that you're familiar with the teachings
但我对所有学生都会这样做
of the Torah, but I do this with all my students,
所以请多包涵
so please bear with me.
雅各和他哥哥以扫的故事
The story of, uh, Jacob and his brother Esau
充满了曲折离奇 也充满了激♥情♥
is one of intrigue, it's one of passion.
拉比 我已经200岁了
Rabbi, I'm 200 years old.
直接给我讲重点吧
Just give me the gist.
好吧
Okay, okay.
那你告诉我 埃莉诺
Well, then you tell me, Eleanor,
为什么雅各想要他父亲的祝福
why does Jacob want his father's blessing?
因为雅各的哥哥是个自私的坏人
Because Jacob's older brother is a bad, selfish guy.
好的 很好
Okay, good, good.
然后呢
And?
他不配继承长子的名分
And he doesn't deserve his birthright,
而雅各配得上 因为他知道
and Jacob deserves it because he knows
自己会遵守主的诫命
he will follow the Lord's commandments.
很好
Very good.
但以撒拒绝把名分给他
But, uh, Isaac refuses to give it to him,
于是雅各用计骗过父亲
so Jacob tricks his father into thinking
让他以为自己是哥哥以扫 还用羊皮裹住身子
that he's his brother Esau and covers himself in sheepskin...
因为以扫浑身多毛
Uh, because Esau was a very hairy man
而父亲眼盲
and his father was blind.
是的
Yeah.
于是 雅各学着哥哥的声音说
And so, and so Jacob, mimicking his brother's voice, said,
"父亲 请赐我祝福"
"Father, give me your blessing."
于是 以撒伸手去摸
So, you know, Isaac, he, you know, reaches out,
他感觉到了羊皮
feels the... feels for the sheepskin,
就把雅各当成了哥哥 把祝福给了雅各
mistakes Jacob for his brother and gives Jacob the blessing.
就这么简单
Just like that.
所以 雅各冒用了哥哥的身份
So, Jacob takes on his brother's identity,
却没有受到任何惩罚
and there were no consequences?
呃
Um...
这个嘛
Ooh. Well, um...
除了后来成为 我们信仰里受人敬仰的先祖
Other than becoming the revered patriarch of our religion?
埃莉诺 这个故事的核心
Well, the heart of the story, Eleanor,
与欺骗无关
it's... it's not about deception.
而是关于真♥相♥
It's about truth.
但当然 我想在某些情况下
But sure, I... I guess, under some conditions,
欺骗并不总是坏事
deception isn't always bad.
是的
No.
如果意图是纯粹的
If the intention is pure.
好吧
Right.
噢
Oh.
噢
Oh.
显然 这还没完成
Obviously, it's not done yet.
我们还有成年礼
You know, we still have the bat mitzvah, um...
是的 这个很好
Yeah, it's good.
真的吗
Really?
是的 这挺有深意的
Yeah, it's... it's thoughtful.
这
It's, uh...
这很真切
It's personal.
电影精选列表