那就是你得去谈那些让你伤心的事
you have to talk about the things that make you sad.
犹太人逃离波兰后
Jews fled Poland
从不提起他们的遭遇
and never talked about what they went through.
他们只是继续前行
They just kept it moving.
这么做有它的好处 但也可能把人一点点吞噬掉
And there's some good in that, but it can just eat you alive.
八十年过去了 你的心还停留在当时
Eighty years later, and you'll still be there.
噢
Oh.
你射中我了
You got me.
其实她是个艺术家
She was, uh, an artist, actually.
摄影师
A photographer.
她很成功吗
Was she successful?
是的
Yeah.
是 她很成功
Yeah, she was.
很好 继续说
So, continue.
每年我生日的时候
Every year on my birthday,
她都会给我们照一张新肖像照
she would make a new portrait of us together.
一样的 一样的背景 一样的姿势
Like, same... same background and same position.
像是在记录我们怎么变老 怎么成长
Charting, like, how we aged and how we grew.
她还会把我的房♥间塞满秘密纸条
She would fill my room with secret notes.
我要好几个星期才能全找出来
It would take me weeks to find 'em all.
难怪我女儿恨我
No wonder my daughter hates me.
不会啦
No, come on.
我相信你为她做过很多美好的事
I'm sure you did a lot of nice things for her.
我把我女儿拉扯大了
I kept my daughter alive.
那正是我妈妈为我做的
That's what my mother did for me.
你妈妈是什么样的
What was your mom like?
枯燥乏味
Tired.
94岁是什么感觉
What's it like being 94?
我感觉跟16岁时一样
I feel the same way I did when I was 16.
我的意思是 我一点都没变
I mean, I'm exactly the same.
就像那些老照片里那样
As you were in those old photos?
我以前多年轻 多可爱
I used to be so young and cute.
你现在还是很可爱
You're still cute.
(小意大利披萨)
大家都觉得老人没有性♥欲♥
Everyone thinks older people aren't sexual,
但我还是会想着性
but I think about sex.
那部分不会消失
That part doesn't just go away.
你懂吗 有时候我 我会因此难过
You know? Sometimes I... I'm sad about it.
你呢 我是同性恋
What about you? I'm gay.
真是开诚布公啊
Wow, that's open and honest.
这就是我
Well, it's just who I am.
我觉得你能做自己 这很好
Well, I think it's great that you can be yourself.
在哪儿呢 在你的头发里
Where is it? In your hair.
它卡在我头发里了
It's stuck in my hair.
我很高兴你认同
I'm glad you approve.
你是位非常酷的女士 埃莉诺
You're a cool lady, Eleanor.
十 九
Ten, nine...
嘿 我能请你帮个忙吗
Hey, can I ask a favor?
怎么了 你愿意考虑一下
What is it? Would you consider
这周来跟我班上同学讲讲吗
coming to speak to the kids in my class this week?
这是我成绩的一部分
It's part of my grade.
说什么
Speak about what?
就讲你在小组里说的那些
Just the same things you spoke about in group.
你知道我发现什么了吗
You know what I realized?
我今晚谈了20分钟我妈妈 但没有哭
I talked about my mom for 20 minutes tonight, and I didn't cry.
不客气
You're welcome.
好吧 我会跟你的朋友们谈谈
Fine. I'll talk to your friends.
太好了
Ah. Yes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
(纽约大学西尔弗艺术与科学中心)
这太正式了
This is so formal.
您好 埃莉诺
Hello. Eleanor.
我是大卫·汤普森
I'm David Thompson.
我是纽约大学新闻系主任
I'm head of the journalism department here at NYU.
我们很幸运能邀请到您 哎呀 谢谢
We're so lucky to have you. Oh, why, thank you.
您需要的都备好了吗
Now, you have everything you need?
是的 太好了
Oh, yes. Yes. Great.
失陪一下 我们正在安装摄像机
Uh, if you'll excuse me, we're just setting up the camera,
应该很快就好
so it shouldn't take too long.
他们要拍下来
They're filming this?
是的
Oh, yeah.
汤普森教授非常强调一切都要有记录
Um, Professor Thompson's very into things being on the record.
这算是新闻流程里很重要的一部分
It's kinda like an important part of the journalistic process.
我要去洗手间 你还好吗
I'm going to the bathroom. Oh. Are you okay?
有一点你要知道 我不喜欢惊喜
One thing you'll learn about me. I don't like surprises.
嘿
Oh, hey.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
我 我觉得这不是个好主意
I... I don't think this was a good idea.
你会没事的
You'll be fine.
你可以像跟我说话一样跟他们说话
You can just talk to them like you talked to me.
这就是问题所在
Oh, well, that's the problem.
我不该
I shouldn't be...
我就是不想谈那段时间
Well, I just don't want to talk about that time.
我们得说出让我们难过的事 对吗
We have to talk about the things that make you sad, right?
你不应该听我的
You shouldn't listen to me.
太晚了
Too late.
好了 准备好了 妮娜 你可以开始了
Okay, we're good. Nina, you can start.
埃莉诺·摩根斯坦 非常感谢你今天大驾光临
Eleanor Morgenstein, thank you so much
与我们分享你的故事
for coming in today and sharing your story.
我已经让全班 了解了你最近的采访内容
I've brought the class up to speed with your recent interviews.
好吧
Right.
其实 事实是
Well, the... the truth is...
我想往前追溯一点 从头开始
I'd like to go back a little, start again.
那时我九岁
I was nine years old.
一个基♥督♥徒家庭收留了我们
A Christian family took us in.
收留了我 弟弟和妈妈
My brother, me and our mother.
我们的家
Our home was...
是在一间小壁橱里
inside a small closet.
多年来 我们都这样生活
For years, we lived like this.
我透过门缝看世界
I saw the world through the slats of a door.
生活都在那扇门的另一边
Life was on the other side.
对我来说 一切都在那扇门的另一边
Everything for me was always on the other side of that door.
我来到纽约时
Well, when I came to New York,
我会从地铁里抬头往上看
I would look up in the subway
看着隔栏 还有走在上面的人们
and see the gratings and people walking above me.
我会想 那些人
Now, I would think, all those people...
他们过着生活
they are in life.
过着生活
In life.
而我却在外面
But I was outside.
然后有一天
And then one day...
壁橱的门被打开了
that door in the closet opened.
是士兵
There were soldiers.
我的妈妈
My mother...
她用尽全力抱住我们
She held us with all her strength.
她不肯放手
She would not let go.
噢
Oh.
她没有 她没有放手
She did... she did not let go.
我还能感觉到她的手握在我手里
I can still feel her hand in mine.
不太好 什么
It wasn't great. What?
我觉得你太了不起了
I think you were amazing. Uh-huh.
你太小看自己了
You don't give yourself enough credit.
好吧
Right.
人们真的很喜欢听你说话
People really love listening to you.
你有时间来跟我的教授谈谈吗
Oh, do you have time to come talk to my professor?
我得和丽莎去看另一套公♥寓♥
Oh, I have to see another apartment with Lisa.
如果你宁可跟我一起玩
Well, if you'd rather hang out with me,
我给我们准备了一场特别的旅行
I have a special trip in mind for us.
旅行
A trip? Mm-hmm.
给我来一个
Give me one of those.
我知道我说过我讨厌惊喜 但你知道吗
I know I said I hate surprises, but you know what?
电影精选列表