When you spoke about running through the woods
那是在逃跑 对吧
with your brother, you were escaping, right?
我觉得安息日不适合
You know, I don't think Shabbat is a good time
聊这么沉重的话题
for a heavy conversation.
你知道什么是安息日吧
You do know what Shabbat is, right?
当然知道 我妈妈曾经是犹太人
Sure. My mom was Jewish.
但我们从来没过这个节日
But we never, like, practiced.
你说你妈妈 曾经是犹太人是什么意思
What do you mean your mom was Jewish?
如果你是犹太人 那就是犹太人
If you're Jewish, you're Jewish.
不 我
Oh. no, I, um...
我不是这个意思
I didn't mean...
她最近去世了
She passed away recently.
天啊
Oh, my dear.
节哀顺变
I am so sorry to hear that.
她叫什么名字
What was her name?
珍妮
Jeanne.
洗手间在哪儿
Um, where's your bathroom?
穿过那房♥间
Oh. Through that room.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
你没事的
Oh, you're fine.
你没事的
You're fine.
妮娜
Nina?
妮娜
Nina?
你在这里干什么
What are you doing in here? Oh.
对不起 我只是 我看到这些照片
I'm sorry. I just... Well, I saw these pictures.
噢
Oh.
那是你的丈夫吗 对 那是哈里
Is that your husband? Yeah, that's Harry.
那是贝茜
And that's Bessie.
她曾是我最亲密的朋友
She was my closest friend.
你们是在纽约认识的吗
Did you guys meet in New York?
是的 我们以前都住在 布朗克斯的同一个住♥宅♥区
Yeah, we lived in the same housing project in the Bronx.
但其实就像是住在这条木板路上一样
But we might as well have lived on this boardwalk.
她最爱的地方就是康尼岛 胜过世界上的任何地方
She loved Coney Island better than anywhere else on earth.
你刚刚在哭
You've been crying.
什么 我没有
What? No, I haven't.
你有 你脸上都是哭过的痕迹
Yes, you have. You're all blotchy.
来 坐下
Here. Sit down.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
多久
How...
你弟弟去世后
How long after your brother died
过了多久你才能谈起他而不再哭泣
were you able to talk about him without crying?
你妈过世多久了
How long has it been?
快 快六个月了
Almost... Almost six months.
妮娜
Nina...
你明天想和我一起去犹太会堂吗
...would you like to go to synagogue with me tomorrow?
真的吗
Really?
每个犹太女人 都该看看这份信仰能带来什么
Every Jewish woman should see what the faith has to offer.
再说了 你也可以 在那里对我盘问个没完
Besides, you can give me the third degree there, too.
我很愿意
I'd like that.
嘿
Hey.
等会儿
Oh, later.
你说我可以对你盘问个没完
You said I could give you the third degree.
你是来观察的 学着点吧
You're here to observe. Learn.
你多久来一次这儿
How often do you come here?
每周六
Every Saturday.
噢
Oh.
你怎么认识她的 我不认识
How do you know her? I don't.
你不认识这些人
You don't know these people?
我们是擅闯别人的成年礼吗
Are we crashing a bat mitzvah right now?
很长一段时间里 会堂都只对男人开放
For the longest time, shul was a place only for men.
女人不受欢迎
Women weren't welcome.
我们当然也没有成年礼
We certainly weren't bat mitzvahed.
我年轻的时候 我
Well, when I was young, I...
我
I...
你那时候只是在拼命活下去
You were just fighting to stay alive.
总之
Anyway.
我的意思是 我从来没有机会去庆祝
I just mean... Well, I never got the chance to celebrate
自己的犹太身份
my Jewish identity.
那让你感觉如何
How does it make you feel?
怎么 你现在成了心理医生
What are you, a shrink now?
摇一摇 摇摇你的
♪ Shake it, shake it shake it, break it- Shake it, shake your... ♪
你看到那些女孩了吗
You see those girls?
现在该做成年礼的人是我
Now, I'm the one that should be having the bat mitzvah.
她们甚至都不在乎这意味着什么
They don't even care about what it means.
嗯
Mm.
你们好
Hello.
真高兴见到两张新面孔
It's, uh, so nice to see two new faces.
让我自我介绍一下
Oh, oh, I'd love to introduce myself.
我是 科恩·拉比
I am... Rabbi Cohen.
我自己也是新来的
Oh. I'm new here myself,
所以随时联♥系♥我 好吗
so, um, please feel free to reach out anytime, okay?
希望以后能常见到你
I hope to see more of you.
请恕我失陪
If you... if you'll excuse me.
这还真尴尬
Well, that was weird.
天啊
Oh, God.
他看起来人很好
He seemed nice.
拜托
Oh, come on.
不
No.
不 我 我跟你说过
No, no, I... I told you.
我跟你说过 现在
I told you, and now I'm telling you
该是第七遍了吧
for, what, the seventh time?
取消会员资格 别再把她的邮件发给我了
Just cancel the membership and stop sending me her mail.
该死
Shit.
抱歉 我只是
Sorry, I'm just...
我在找我的笔记本电脑 好的 抱歉 我
I'm trying to find my laptop. Yeah. Sorry, I...
作业做得怎么样
How's the, um, homework going?
我都上大学了 爸爸
I'm in college, Dad.
我觉得你不能再问我这个了
I don't know if you can ask me that anymore.
不过我 我确实选好了新闻项目的主题
But I... I did pick a subject for my journalism project.
是吗
Oh, yeah?
是的 我其实是在写一位大屠♥杀♥幸存者的专题报道
Yeah. Yeah. I'm actually profiling a Holocaust survivor.
她每个星期六 都会去参加别人的成年礼
She spends Saturdays at other people's bat mitzvahs
因为她自己从来没机会办过
'cause she wasn't able to have one.
对
Yeah.
总之
Anyway...
这个观点不错
That's a good angle.
你应该往这个方向深挖
You should push that.
那个 成年礼
The... the bat mitzvah thing.
你知道妈妈有没有办过吗
Do you know if Mom ever had one?
成年礼
A bat mitzvah?
我想她应该办过
Uh, I think she did.
也许吧 我 记不清了
Maybe. I... I can't remember.
对不起
Sorry.
(丽兹餐馆)
跟我说说你的妈妈吧
So, tell me about your mother.
说出来的话我可能会哭
I'll probably cry if I do.
那就哭吧 有什么大不了的
So, cry. What's the big deal?
等一下 不好意思
Uh, hold that thought. Excuse me.
另一个人端来了水 但没拿吸管
Uh, the other guy brought the water but no straws.
我们其实没有吸管
Oh, we actually don't have straws.
因为那样不环保
It's, like, an environmental thing.
这家餐馆竟然有政♥治♥看法
This diner has a political agenda?
知道吗 不用告诉我
You know what? Don't tell me.
你回去看看能不能找到两根吸管
Just go back and see if you can find two.
我不需要吸管
I don't need one.
两根
Two.
谢谢
Thank you.
我刚才说到哪儿了
Now, what was I saying?
你想让我哭 是的
You want me to cry? Right.
如果我学到了一件事
If there's one thing I've learned,
你可以把这记在笔记本上
and you can write this down in your notebook,
电影精选列表