I don't know, really.
起初 我是不想让你觉得我跟你是同阶层的人
At first, I wanted you not to assume I shared your prejudices
所以也有你那样的偏见
because I came from a similar background.
-后来呢 -后来
- And later on? - Later on?
后来我想全凭我自己赢得你
Later on, I think I wanted to win you by myself, alone.
谁告诉你的 艾弗林吗
Who told you? Evelyn?
谁大概都可能告诉你吧
Well, I suppose it could have been anyone.
托尼·吉利安姆说的
Tony Gillingham told me.
我以为他会希望你当我是个异类呢
I thought it suited him for you to think of me as an alien being.
我想他希望公平竞争
I think he wants it to be a fair fight.
他觉得只有我们两人在比试吗
Always assuming we're the only two in the ring.
那么
So now...
开战了吗
let battle commence?
开战吧
Let battle commence.
谢谢 放在那儿就好
Thank you. Just put it there.
如果你明天就走 要在瑞士待多久
So if you go tomorrow, how long would you be in Switzerland?
-最多三四天 -那我们没多少时间做准备
- Three or four days at the most. - So we've not got long to prepare.
我今天下午就会付你第一个月的钱
I will pay you for the first month this afternoon
但你已经有三个孩子了
but with three children,
你肯定该有的东西都有了
you must have most of the paraphernalia already.
是啊 用不着去买♥♥什么
You're right. We won't need much.
你确定你妻子也同意吗
And you're quite sure your wife is willing to take this on?
玛姬很喜欢孩子 小姐
Marjie dotes on children, My Lady.
事实上 我们可能还没生够呢
In fact, I'm not sure we've had our last.
她会对她视如己出
She'll love it like her own.
我们得编个好故事
We'll need a decent story.
说她父母死了
That the parents are dead and
孩子的母亲是你的朋友什么的
the mother was a friend of yours or something
所以你才会收养她
and that's why you've taken her in.
这倒是真的 不过那位母亲是我的朋友
Well, that's true, except of course it's my friend and not yours.
-但您不能留她在庄园 -不行
- But you don't want her in the nurseries here? - I can't have her here.
我父母不喜欢我的这位朋友
My parents disapproved of my friendship with her mother.
如果孩子留在这儿 他们会不高兴的
They'd feel uncomfortable for the baby to be in the house.
我懂了
I see.
所以这事必须得保密
Which is why it has to be a secret.
希望你能明白这一点的重要性
I hope I can make you understand how important that is.
我会付钱
I'll pay you whatever you want
但这事一定得对我家里人保密
but it has to be a complete secret from my family.
这样吧
I tell you what.
我觉得这事我们对谁都不要说
I think it should be our secret, My Lady.
不对任何人说
Ours and no-one else's.
我
I'll er...
今晚给我自己寄封信
send a letter to myself tonight
然后告诉玛姬是我一个老朋友去世了
and tell Marjie it's about an old friend of mine who's died
求我抚养孩子
and asked for me to take the child.
她不会多问的
She won't question it.
这样就只有我们两人知道
Then nobody but you and I will know.
德鲁先生 你真肯这么帮我
Mr Drewe, would you do that for me?
为您和那个小姑娘 小姐
For you and the little girl, My Lady,
我十分愿意
yes, I will.
这世上真的还有几个好人
How comforting it is that there really are
真是令人欣慰
a few good people left in the world.
我知道你对我有所隐瞒 我看得出
I know you're hiding something from me. I can tell.
我没有
No, I'm not.
别逼我出下策 巴克斯特小姐 你知道我♥干♥得出
Don't make me act harshly, Miss Baxter, because you know I can.
你觉得该怎么做就做吧 巴罗先生
You must do as you think best, Mr Barrow,
我也一样
just as I must.
-谢谢你 莫斯利先生 -谢什么
- I have to thank you, Mr Molesley. - Oh? Why's that?
我过去的一些事 让我很担心
There are things in my past that have made me afraid
但是
but...
我现在不怕了
I'm not afraid any more.
我不知道将来会怎么样 但不论如何
I'm not sure what will happen but whatever it is,
总比担惊受怕强
it's better than being afraid.
你让我变坚强了 莫斯利先生
You've made me strong, Mr Molesley.
你的勇气给了我力量
Your strength has made me strong.
我的什么
My what?
-你明天什么时候走 -火车十点出发
- What time do you go tomorrow? - The train leaves at ten.
我想西班牙和意大利会很热
I reckon Spain and Italy may be pretty hot,
-等我们再见时... -不不
- so when you see me again - No, no.
我不会去美国的
I won't be coming to America.
-别急着... -我不能去
- Don't make a decision too - I'm not coming.
但谢谢你了 也代我感谢莱文森先生
But thank you. And please thank Mr Levinson.
-你知道我为什么想让你去吗 -我想是的
- You know why I asked you? - I think I do, yes.
我没明说是不想吓着你
I didn't say it because I thought it might frighten you off.
但我们可以试试啊
But we could make a go of it.
黛西
Daisy?
我想我们想要的不一样 斯雷德先生
I suspect we want different things, Mr Slade.
但你能说出来对我意义很重大 谢谢你
But it means that much to me to hear you say it. Thank you.
-我能试试吗 -试什么
- Could I try? - Try what?
给莱文森先生做饭
To cook for Mr Levinson.
黛西会的菜我都会 我保证
I know all the dishes Daisy makes, I promise.
但是得去纽约...
Yes, but it would have worked with Daisy in New York -
如果莱文森先生喜欢黛西做的菜
If Mr Levinson likes her style of cooking...
请让我试试吧
Please. Give me a trial.
如果有必要我会攒钱自己去纽约
I'll save up and pay my own way out if I have to.
让她去吧 你跟他说你雇了个英国厨娘
Let her come! You've told him you've got an English cook
他又不知道是谁
and he won't know the difference.
好吧 等我回纽约会发电报来
OK. I'll cable when I get back to New York
你不用自己买♥♥票
and you won't have to pay for your ticket.
但我警告你 他可挺挑剔的
But I warn you - he can be quite picky.
别担心 这是我的机会
Don't worry. This is my chance.
我绝不会让你失望的
I swear I won't let you down.
你可真好心 黛西
That were kind of you, Daisy.
既然她想去美国 为什么不让她去呢
Why shouldn't she go to America if it's what she wants?
那斯雷德先生的提议没有让你不开心吗
You're not upset, then, by Mr Slade making advances?
不开心
Upset?
帕特莫太太
Mrs Patmore,
您知道有个年轻人追求我让我多高兴吗
if you knew what it feels like to have a young man keen to court me...
要不是怕他误会 我真想亲他
I'd kiss him if it wouldn't give him the wrong idea.
不开心 我的高兴劲要一直维持到明年夏天了
Upset? I'm that chuffed, it'll take me through to next summer.
我跟你说过
Did I ever tell you
他们很高兴能把那件大衣送去给俄♥国♥难民了吗
how glad they were to get that coat for the Russian refugees?
那些可怜人啊
Poor souls.
只是你该让我先把兜掏干净
I just wish you'd let me go through the pockets first, that's all.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我怎么补偿你啊
Is there anything I can do to make up for it?
我想想
Let me think.
你可以给我买♥♥个冰淇淋
You could always buy me a penny lick.
来啊 敢不敢
Come on - I dare you.
如果我的裤子湿了
But if get my trousers wet...
如果湿了晾干就行了
If you get them wet, we'll dry them.
-要是我摔倒了呢 -要是炸♥弹♥炸了呢
- Suppose I fall over? - Suppose a bomb goes off,
要是我们被陨石砸中了呢
suppose we're hit by a falling star?
你可以牵着我的手 我们一起往里走
You can hold my hand, then we'll both go in together.
我还是牵着你吧
I think I will hold your hand.
能让我觉得稳当点
It'll make me feel a bit steadier.
如果你怕不稳当总是可以握着我的手
You can always hold my hand if you need to feel steady.
不知怎么着
I don't know how but
你这话听起来那么不正经呢
you managed to make that sound a little risque.
如果就是呢
And if I did?
卡森先生 我们年级大了
We're getting on, Mr Carson, you and I.
享受一下没什么不好
We can afford to live a little.
电影精选列表