And I speak without guile because I know you have escaped my net.
谢谢你
Thank you.
-你什么时候走 -周五的火车
- When do you go? - We get the boat train Friday.
不过 你听了肯定高兴
But you'll pleased to hear
我打算雇个英国厨娘
I'm going to hire an English cook.
我的贴身男仆似乎替我招到一位
My valet appears to have recruited one.
能给我写信吗 告诉我你的近况
Will you write? Tell me how things are going?
-玛德琳 -我很愿意
- Madeleine? - I should be delighted...
哈罗德
..Harold.
这支舞结束的时候 我能不把你让给别人吗
Can we stop without my having to hand you over to someone else?
我们躲起来吧
Let's hide.
你玩得开心吗
Are you enjoying yourself?
能近距离见到威尔士亲王真激动
It's exciting to see the Prince of Wales close up.
我们打算趁他走的时候从楼下楼梯偷偷看他
We're going to watch from the basement steps when he leaves.
我不知道巴罗先生有你什么把柄
I don't know what Mr Barrow's got over you
我也不想知道
and I don't want to know
但他不能逼你做不该做的事
but he mustn't make you do things that aren't right
你不能让他欺负你
and you can't let him bully you.
-说起来轻巧 -我知道
- That's easy to say. - I know.
但如果他把你拉到他的计划里
But if he draws you into his schemes,
对你来说也会很不好过
that's not going to be easy for you either.
有时候 最好还是冒把险
Sometimes, it's better to, you know, take a risk
而不是走上错误的路 就是这样
than to go down the wrong path - that's all.
你要把这端上去
Are you taking this or
还是要我把这端去舞厅
should I carry it up to the ballroom myself?
抱歉
Sorry.
听说那晚最终还是成功了
I gather it turned out well the other night after all.
所以亲王才会来开舞啊
That's why the Prince came to open the ball.
真太好了
I'm glad.
那么我是不是也能如愿
I don't suppose there's any progress on
现在还没有定论吗
whether or not it's going to turn out well for me?
托尼 只可惜我也说不好
Oh, Tony, I wish I knew.
我觉得自己坏死了
I feel so cruel,
这么牵着你 查尔斯 甚至是艾弗林
dangling you and Charles and even Evelyn on the end of a string.
你也没明确拒绝查尔斯
You didn't refuse Charles either then?
我拒绝了 但他不接受
I tried but he wouldn't have it.
你确定你不会接受他吗
Are you sure it's not him?
我的使命是为乔治挽救唐顿
My destiny is to save Downton for George
我要花尽每分钱
by spending every penny
用尽全部精力维持它的运作
and every waking minute holding it together.
没错
Yes.
但查尔斯与我的努力对立
Charles is on the other side of that struggle.
他是个外人 他对我们这些人感到厌恶
He's an outsider who resents the very people I come from.
就算他是真爱我 我们怎么能夫妻一心呢
Even if he loves me, how can we pull as team?
听你这么说我真该觉得高兴
Of course, I should sing and dance to hear you say that
但你似乎对查尔斯有误会
but you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick with Charles.
-什么意思 -查尔斯要继承他叔叔
What do you mean? Charles is the heir to his father's cousin,
西弗勒斯·布雷克男爵的财产
Sir Severus Blake.
他要继承男爵爵位
He is to inherit the baronetcy
和阿尔斯特最大的一个庄园
on one of the largest estates in Ulster.
查尔斯
Charles?
可如果真是如此 我早该听说过他啊
But if that were true, surely I would have heard of him?
西弗勒斯男爵跟他是远亲
Well, Sir Severus is a distant relation
查尔斯也从不声张 但他不是"外人"
and Charles has always played it down but he is not an outsider.
其实 他将来会比我的条件更优越呢
In fact, he's going to be a lot more eligible than I am.
-这我之前怎么不知道 -这样有区别吗
- Why did no-one tell me this before? - Does it make a difference?
如果他和我是一边的
To know that he and I are on the same side,
当然有区别了
yes, of course it makes a difference.
这么听来情势对我不利啊
You sound as though the tide is running against me.
托尼
Tony...
一年前 我以为我要孤单一辈子了
A year ago, I thought I'd be alone for ever.
我余生都会为马修悲伤
That I would mourn Matthew to the end of my days.
现在我知道不会是这样 我总有一天
Now I know that isn't true, that there will be a new life for me,
能过上新生活
one day.
虽然我还不能决定我要怎么过
And even if I can't decide yet what life that should be...
但这本身不是件好事吗
isn't it something for us to celebrate?
当然了
It certainly is.
-天呐 -怎么了
- Oh, heavens. - What is it?
默顿伯爵 他似乎冲这边来了
Lord Merton, and he seems to be headed in this direction.
一定是来找你寻找快乐人生了
Oh! No doubt to lead you down the primrose path of dalliance.
卡劳利夫人 希望我有幸能邀你共舞
Mrs Crawley, I hope you'll do me the honour of dancing this waltz.
我不太会跳舞
I'm really not much of a dancer.
我也跳不好 我们正好凑一对
Oh, nor I, so we're a perfect match.
那...
Well...
失陪一下
Excuse me, please.
-你玩得还开心吗 -挺好的
- So did you enjoy it, after all? - I enjoyed it fine.
但我们得对他们坚持立场
But we need to stand up to them, you and I.
我们虽然爱他们
We may love them
但如果我们不坚持立场 会被他们踏平的
but if we don't fight our corner, they'll roll us out flat.
你说得对
You're right.
谢谢你了
Thank you for that.
我早上想回家 妈妈 您不介意吧
I'm going home in the morning, Mama. You don't mind, do you?
不介意 怎么了
Of course not. Is there a reason?
我有些事
Various reasons.
我可能要去趟欧洲
I might go to the Continent.
-不会去太久 -是吗
- Not for long. - Really?
跟迈克尔·格莱格森有关吗
Does it have anything to do with Michael Gregson?
跟迈克尔·格莱格森有很大关系
It has everything to do with Michael Gregson.
不能找别人替你去吗
Couldn't someone go for you?
恐怕不行 罗斯孟德姑妈
I'm afraid not, Aunt Rosamund.
恐怕真的是不行
I'm absolutely afraid not.
这就去睡觉了吗
Oh! Oh! Off to bed, are we?
这真是明智 你都这把年纪了 是该多休息
Well, that's very sensible. A woman your age needs her rest.
你要是被那个笨蛋艾斯加斯骗了 得好好歇歇
You need a rest cure if you are taken in by that booby Aysgarth.
维奥莱特 抱歉 我无意冒犯
Violet, forgive me, and I don't mean to be offensive,
但你总这么高傲吗
but are you always this stuck-up?
告诉我
Do tell me, do tell me -
准艾斯加斯夫人准备好
is the new Lady Aysgarth all set
用西部开♥发♥史迷住全伦敦了吗
to hold London enthralled with tales of how the West was won?
其实 我拒绝了他
Well, actually, I turned him down.
-真没想到 -当然了
- You surprise me. - Mm-hm. I'm sure.
-你瞧 我根本不想做什么贵族夫人 -当然了
- You see, I have no wish to be a great lady. - No.
每次你照镜子的时候
A decision that must be reinforced
一定要想想这个决定
whenever you look in the glass.
维奥莱特 我不介意照镜子
Violet, I don't mind looking in the mirror
因为我会看到一个不害怕未来的女人
because what I see is a woman who's not afraid of the future.
我的世界是将近的未来
My world is coming nearer
而你的世界 是渐远的历史
and your world, it's slipping further and further away.
晚安
Good night.
早餐弄好了
Breakfast is done
但是舞厅里还有几个人
but there are still quite a few in the ballroom.
去睡吧 让他们也去睡吧
No, go to bed. Take the others with you.
我让詹姆斯接着做 之后让他上午放假
I'll keep James and give him the rest of the morning off.
那你呢
And what about you?
我忙通宵也不是第一次了
It won't be the first time I've gone without sleep.
如果周四我们还要出去 就得定好计划了
We ought to have the outing settled if we're going on Thursday.
那事...
Oh! I feel...
我觉得有点过意不去
a little guilty about that.
我把我的想法告诉了他们
I tried out my ideas on them
但他们毫不感兴趣
and I couldn't fire up any enthusiasm,
所以我想我们是不是就去海边玩玩
so I wonder if we should just settle for a day by the sea.
我知道这不怎么样 你觉得呢
I know it's a defeat but what do you think?
我们可以去维多利亚车站坐卧铺车
We could take the Pullman from Victoria.
一日往返 票钱是每人十二先令
A day-return ticket costs 12 shillings each.
虽然挺多 但夫人乐意付钱
It's a lot but Her Ladyship's happy to pay.
幸好你终于想通了
Well, thank heaven you got there in the end.
-我们跳了一整晚 -你母亲去睡了
- We've danced all night. - Your mother's gone to bed.
-请代我表达对晚会成功的恭喜 -没问题
- So do congratulate her on such a triumph. - I will.
查尔斯 你为什么不跟我说你叔叔的事
Charles, why did you never tell me about your cousin?
还有阿尔斯特的庄园
Or the estate in Ulster or any of it?
我也说不清
电影精选列表