“浮士德,你该死!”
"Faustus, thou art damned!"
早在这之前,我就该自杀了……如果不是甜蜜的快乐战胜了深深的绝望。
And long ere this I should have slain myself... had not sweet pleasure conquered deep despair.
那么,我为什么要死,或者绝望呢?
Why should I die, then, or basely despair?
我下定决心了。
I am resolved.
浮士德决不会后悔。
Faustus shall ne'er repent.
来,Mephistophilis。
Come, Mephistophilis.
来,米非斯非利,我们再辩论吧。
Come, Mephistophilis, let us dispute again.
告诉我,谁创造了世界?
Tell me, who made the world?
我不会的。
I will not.
亲爱的梅菲斯菲利斯,告诉我。
Sweet Mephistophilis, tell me.
不要动摇我,因为我不会告诉你。
Move me not, for I will not tell thee.
坏蛋,我不是要你告诉我什么吗?
Villain, have I not bound thee to tell me anything?
那不是针对我们的王国,但这是。
That is not against our kingdom, but this is.
浮士德,你想想地狱吧,因为你被诅咒了。
Think thou on Hell, Faustus, for thou art damned.
浮士德,想想创造世界的上帝吧。
Think, Faustus, upon God, that made the world.
记住这一点。
Remember this.
去吧,该死的精灵,滚到丑陋的地狱去!
Go, accursed spirit, to ugly Hell!
逃离!
Flee!
你诅咒了浮士德痛苦的灵魂。
'Tis thou hast damned distressed Faustus' soul.
现在还来得及吗?
Is it not too late?
太迟了。
Too late.
浮士德悔过不晚。
Never too late, if Faustus can repent.
如果你忏悔,魔鬼会把你撕碎的。
If thou repent, devils shall tear thee in pieces.
你若悔改,他们就永不刮你的皮。
Repent, and they shall never raze thy skin.
浮士德,你该死,没有希望了。
Faustus, thou art damned, there is no hope.
浮士德,转向上帝吧,希望就在那里。
Faustus, turn to God, there lies hope.
基♥督♥,我的救主,求你拯救痛苦的浮士德的灵魂。
Christ, my Savior, seek to save distressed Faustus' soul.
过来,浮士德。
Come hither, Faustus.
基♥督♥不能拯救你的灵魂,因为他是公义的。
Christ cannot save thy soul, for he is just.
没人比我更感兴趣了。
There's none but I have interest in the same.
你是谁,看起来如此可怕?
Who art thou that look'st so terrible?
我是路西法……这是我在地狱里的同伴王子。
I am Lucifer... and this is my companion-prince in Hell.
浮士德,他们是来带走你的灵魂的。
Faustus, they are come to fetch thy soul.
我们来告诉你,你伤害了我们。
We come to tell thee thou dost injure us.
你谈论基♥督♥违背了你的诺言。
Thou talk'st of Christ contrary to thy promise.
你不应该想到上帝。
Thou shouldst not think of God.
想想魔鬼吧。
Think of the Devil.
从今以后我也不会。请原谅我。
Nor will I henceforth. Pardon me in this.
浮士德发誓决不仰望天堂,决不呼求上帝或向他祈祷。
Faustus vows never to look to Heaven, never to call on God or pray to him.
焚烧他的经书,杀害他的大臣……让我的灵魂摧毁他的教堂。
To burn his scriptures, slay his ministers... and make my spirits pull his churches down.
这样做,我们将使你非常高兴。
Do so, and we will highly gratify thee.
浮士德,我们是从地狱来给你找点乐子的。
Faustus, we are come from Hell to show thee some pastime.
你将会看到所有的七♥宗♥罪♥……以它们适当的形状。
Thou shalt see all the Seven Deadly Sins appear... in their proper shapes.
那景象对我来说就像天堂之于亚当……他创造的第一天。
That sight will be as pleasing to me as Paradise was to Adam... the first day of his creation.
不要谈论天堂,也不要谈论创造,记住这一幕。
Talk not of Paradise nor creation, but mark this show.
说曹操,曹操到。
Talk of the Devil, and nothing else.
记住,浮士德……甜蜜的快乐能战胜深深的绝望。
Remember, Faustus... sweet pleasure conquers deep despair.
地狱里有各种各样的快乐。
In Hell is all manner of delight.
-你是谁?-我是莱奇。
- Who art thou? - I am Lechery.
这是一个面具,向你展示所有的罪恶。
Here is a mask, to show you all the Sins.
现在你可以看到我们的花♥园♥,充满了欢乐和新奇的发明。
Now you may see our garden, full of delights and curious invention.
这里有什么奇迹。你是什么,在你的金笼子里?
What wonders are here. What art thou, in thy cage of gold?
我是贪婪。
I am Avarice.
哦,我的纯金。
Oh, my fine gold.
什么事把你关得这么严?
What keeps you so barred up?
小小的房♥间里蕴藏着无限的财富。
Infinite riches in a little room.
酒吧不会把我关在里面。
Bars do not keep me in.
他们把你挡在外面。
They keep thee out.
我必须有放荡的诗人,令人愉快的智者……音乐家只要拨动琴弦……我可以随心所欲地引导柔顺的灵魂。
I must have wanton poets, pleasant wits... musicians that with touching of a string... may draw the pliant soul which way I please.
像森林里的仙女一样,我的侍从将披上……我的人喜欢吃草的森林之神……或者,有时,像黛安娜身材的可爱男孩……他赤♥裸♥的手臂上戴着珍珠王冠。
Like sylvan nymphs, my pages shall be clad... my men like satyrs grazing on the lawns... or, sometimes, like a lovely boy in Diane's shape... with crownets of pearl about his naked arms.
就像阿克托翁在树林里窥视……被愤怒的女神所改变……像鹿一样奔跑,必被拉倒……看着他死去。
One like Actaeon peeping through the grove... shall, by the angry goddess, be transformed... and running in the likeness of a hart shall be pulled down... and seen to die.
这样的事情最好让陛下高兴。
Such things as these best please Your Majesty.
为什么,所有的快乐都是如此……我这辈子都要和淫♥荡♥生活在一起。
Why, to this all pleasures fancies be... for all my life I'll live with Lechery.
你是什么?
What art thou?
我是骄傲……而这些,我的儿子们……是愤怒和嫉妒。
I am Pride... and these, my sons... are Wrath and Envy.
我们将一起战胜全世界。
Together we will triumph over all the world.
陛下不久就会如愿以偿……凯♥旋♥穿过波斯波利斯
Your Majesty shall shortly have your wish... and ride in triumph through Persepolis.
“胜利地骑着马穿过波斯波利斯?”
"And ride in triumph through Persepolis?"
当国王不是很勇敢吗,我的浮士德?
Is it not brave to be a king, my Faustus?
当个国王,凯♥旋♥穿过波斯波利斯,这不是很勇敢吗?
Is it not passing brave to be a king and ride in triumph through Persepolis?
当国王等于当了半个神。
To be a king is half to be a god.
神不如国王光荣。
A god is not so glorious as a king.
我认为他们在天堂享受的快乐……比不上人间的王者之乐。
I think the pleasures they enjoy in Heaven... cannot compare with kingly joys in earth.
浮士德,你为什么要说……你愿意作王吗。
Why speak you, Faustus... wilt thou be a king?
当个国王,凯♥旋♥穿过波斯波利斯,这不是很勇敢吗?
Is it not passing brave to be a king and ride in triumph through Persepolis?
那么,浮士德,前进吧。因为你们要和我们并肩作战。
Then, Faustus, march. For you shall fight with us.
所以烧掉这个被诅咒的小镇的塔楼。
So burn the turrets of this cursed town.
火焰飞向空中的最高区域。
Flame to the highest region of the air.
在我顶天的手上,有一颗炽热的星,它可以一直存在到天崩地裂。
Over my zenith hand a blazing star that may endure till Heaven be dissolved.
那就给我一张地图,让我看看……剩下多少可以征服全世界。
Give me a map then, let me see... how much is left to conquer all the world.
让浮士德博士出现。
Let Doctor Faustus appear.
浮士德博士……我听说过关于他精通巫术的奇怪传闻。
Master Doctor Faustus... I have heard strange report of his knowledge in the black art.
因此,这是我的请求……他应该让我看看他的技术证明……好叫我亲眼看见,证实我耳中所听见的事。
This therefore is my request... that he should let me see some proof of his skill... that mine eyes may be witnesses to confirm what mine ears have heard reported.
说真的,他看起来很像个魔术师。
In faith, he looks much like a conjuror.
我仁慈的君主……虽然我必须承认我远不如人们所作的报告……陛下命令我做什么,我就做什么。
My gracious sovereign... though I must confess myself far inferior to the report that men have made... I am content to do whatsoever Your Majesty shall command.
那么,浮士德博士,听我说。
Then, Doctor Faustus, mark what I shall say.
因为我有时被单独关在壁橱里……我对祖先的荣誉产生了各种各样的想法。亚历山大大帝就是其中之一。
As I was sometime solitary set within my closet... sundry thoughts arose about the honor of mine ancestors... amongst which kings is Alexander the Great.
因此,如果你,用你的巧计……能把这个人从下面的空心拱顶里救出来……带着他美丽的情人……你俩都能满足我的正当愿望……
If therefore thou, by cunning of thine art... canst raise this man from hollow vaults below... and bring with him his beauteous paramour... thou shalt both satisfy my just desire...
求你在我活着的时候赐我赞美你的理由。
and give me cause to praise thee whilst I live.
我仁慈的大人……到目前为止,我已经准备好完成你的要求了。这是我凭自己的艺术和精神力量所能做到的。
My gracious lord... I'm ready to accomplish your request so far forth... as by art and power of my spirit I am able to perform.
说实话,那根本不算什么。
In faith, that's just nothing at all.
但是,请您原谅,我没有能力在您眼前呈现……那两位已故王子的真正躯体早已化为尘土。
But, and it please Your Grace, it is not in my power to present before your eyes... the true substantial bodies of those two deceased princes... which long since are consumed into dust.
嘿,博士先生,现在你身上有一种优雅的迹象……当你坦白真♥相♥的时候。
Marry, Master Doctor, now there's a sign of grace in you... when you will confess the truth.
但这样的精神可以生动地像……亚历山大和他的情人,将出现在陛下面前。
But such spirits as can lively resemble... Alexander and his paramour, shall appear before Your Grace.
去吧,博士先生,让我们马上看看他们。
Go to, Master Doctor, let us see them presently.
你听见了吗,博士先生?
Do you hear, Master Doctor?
你把亚历山大和他的情人带到皇帝面前。
You bring Alexander and his paramour before the Emperor.
“那么,怎么样,先生?”
How then, sir?
说真的,戴安娜把我变成了雄鹿。
In faith, that's as true as Diana turned me into a stag.
不,先生,但阿克托翁死后,他把角留给了你。
No, sir. But when Actaeon died, he left the horns for you.
Mephistophilis,走开。
Mephistophilis, begone.
不,你再去变魔术,我就走了!
Nay, and you go to conjuring, I'll be gone!
你这么打扰我,我以后再找你。
I'll meet with you anon for interrupting me so.
他们来了,我仁慈的大人。
Here they be, my gracious lord.
掌握医生……我听说这位女士活着的时候……脖子上有颗痣。
Master Doctor... I heard this lady, while she lived... had a mole in her neck.
我怎么知道是不是这样呢?-殿下可以大胆地去看看。
- How shall I know whether it be so or not? - Your Highness may boldly go and see.
我看得很清楚。
I see it plain.
陛下能不能派人把骑士叫来……我最近在这儿过得很愉快吗?
Will it please Your Grace to send for the knight... that was so pleasant with me here of late?
召唤哈尔加特骑士。
Call forth the Knight of Hallgart.
哈尔加特骑士。
The Knight of Hallgart.
怎么了,骑士爵士。
How now, Sir Knight.
我还以为你是个单身汉呢……但现在我看到你有了妻子……它不仅给了你犄角,还让你戴上犄角。
I had thought thou had'st been a bachelor... but now I see thou hast a wife... that not only gives thee horns, but makes thee wear them.
摸摸你的头。
Feel on thy head.
你这该死的可怜虫和可恶的狗……在某种巨大的岩石的凹处生长。
Thou damned wretch and execrable dog... bred in the concave of some monstrous rock.
你竟敢这样辱骂一位绅士?
How darest thou thus abuse a gentleman?
-恶人,我说,把你所做的事撤销吧。-别着急,先生,别着急……但是很好,你还记得吗?你是如何在我和皇帝的会谈中背叛我的?
- Villain, I say undo what thou hast done. - Not so fast, sir, make no haste... but good, are you remembered... how you crossed me in my conference with the Emperor?
我想我已经和你见过面了。
I think I have met with you for it.
好心的博士,在我的恳求下,放了他吧。
Good Master Doctor, at my entreaty, release him.
他已经做了足够的忏悔。
He hath done penance sufficient.
大人,倒不是因为他当着您的面伤害了我……为了给你带来欢乐……浮士德报答了这个害人的骑士……
My lord, not so much for the injury he offered me in your presence... as to delight you with some mirth... hath Faustus worthily requited this injurious knight...
这是我的全部愿望,我很满足于把它的角解开……还有,奈特爵士……从今以后要称赞学者。
which, being all I desire, I am content to release him of his horns... and, Sir Knight... hereafter speak well of scholars.
Mephistophilis……把他变直。
Mephistophilis... transform him straight.
骑士爵士,你可以撤退了。
Sir Knight, you have permission to withdraw.
相信我,博士先生,我们都很高兴。
Believe me, Master Doctor, this merriment hath much pleased us.
我仁慈的夫人,我很高兴它使你如此满意。
My gracious lady, I am glad it contents you so well.
来,夫人,让我们进去……我们必须好好奖励这位学者……感谢他对我们的厚爱。
Come, madam, let us in... where we must well reward this learned man... for the great kindness he hath showed to us.
那就这样吧,大人……在我们活着的时候,请记住这一点。
And so we shall, my lord... and, whilst we live, rest beholding for this courtesy.
时间用平静而无声的脚步走过的不安分的路线……缩短我的日子和生命的主线……这是我最后几年的报酬。
The restless course that time doth run with calm and silent foot... shortening my days and thread of vital life... calls for the payment of my latest years.
我要把剩下的喝个精光。
I will drink deep of what remains.
经过勇敢的…路过……
Passing brave... passing....