难道你不能得救吗。
and canst thou not be saved?
那么想到上帝或天堂又有什么用呢?
What boots it then to think of God or Heaven?
不要妄想,不要绝望。
Away with such vain fancies, and despair.
对上帝绝望……并信靠别西卜。
Despair in God... and trust in Belzebub.
现在,不要后退。
Now, go not backward.
不,浮士德,要坚决。
No, Faustus, be resolute.
你为什么动摇?
Why waver'st thou?
有什么声音在我耳边响起。
Something soundeth in mine ears.
放弃这个魔法,再次转向上帝。
Abjure this magic, turn to God again.
浮士德会再次转向上帝。
And Faustus will turn to God again.
上帝吗?他不爱你。
To God? He loves thee not.
你所侍奉的神是你自己的胃口……别西卜的爱在其中是固定的。
The God thou serv'st is thine own appetite... wherein is fixed the love of Belzebub.
我要为他建一座祭坛和一座教堂……并提供新生儿的不温不热的血液。
To him I'll build an altar and a church... and offer lukewarm blood of newborn babes.
浮士德,在那门著名的艺术中前进吧。
Go forward, Faustus, in that famous art.
亲爱的浮士德,离开那可恶的艺术吧。
Sweet Faustus, leave that execrable art.
悔悟、祈祷、忏悔,这些又有什么用呢?
Contrition, prayer, repentance, what of them?
它们是带你去天堂的工具。
They are means to bring thee unto Heaven.
而是幻想,是疯狂的果实……使最信任他们的人变得愚蠢。
Rather illusions, fruits of lunacy... that make men foolish that do trust them most.
亲爱的浮士德,想想天堂和天上的事物吧。
Sweet Faustus, think of Heaven and heavenly things.
不,浮士德……想想荣誉和财富吧。
No, Faustus... think of honor and of wealth.
财富!
Wealth!
当米非斯特站在你身边时,上帝能伤害你吗?
When Mephistophilis shall stand by thee, what God can hurt thee?
你安全了。不要再怀疑了。
Thou art safe. Cast no more doubts.
来吧,米非斯非利,从大路西法那里带来好消息。
Come, Mephistophilis, and bring glad tidings from great Lucifer.
现在不是午夜吗?
Is it not midnight?
来,Mephistophilis。
Come, Mephistophilis.
现在告诉我……
Now tell me...
你的主路西法怎么说?
what says Lucifer thy Lord?
只要浮士德还活着,我就要侍候他……所以他会用灵魂来换取我的服务。
That I shall wait on Faustus whilst he lives... so he will buy my service with his soul.
浮士德已经为你冒过这个险了。
Already Faustus hath hazarded that for thee.
但是,浮士德,你必须庄严地把它遗赠……用你自己的血写一份礼物契约。
But, Faustus, thou must bequeath it solemnly... and write a deed of gift with thine own blood.
因为安全渴望伟大的路西法。
For that security craves great Lucifer.
如果你否认,我就回地狱去。
If thou deny it, I will back to Hell.
不!
Nay!
呆,Mephistophilis……告诉我,我的灵魂对你的主有什么好处?
Stay, Mephistophilis... and tell me what good will my soul do thy lord?
扩大他的王国。
Enlarge his kingdom.
-这就是他如此诱惑我们的原因吗?-可怜虫从同病相怜的人身上得到安慰。
- Is that the reason why he tempts us thus? - Wretches find comfort in fellow sufferers.
为什么,你有折磨别人的痛苦吗?
Why, have you any pain that torture others?
和人类的灵魂一样伟大。
As great as have the human souls of men.
浮士德,告诉我,我愿意得到你的灵魂吗?
But tell me, Faustus, shall I have thy soul?
我愿做你的奴隶,侍候你……给你比你想要的更多。
And I will be thy slave and wait on thee... and give thee more than thou hast wit to ask.
是的,Mephistophilis……我把它给你。
Ay, Mephistophilis... I give it thee.
那就勇敢地刺伤你的手臂,束缚你的灵魂……在某一天,伟大的路西法可能会宣称它是他自己的…然后你就像路西法一样伟大。
Then stab thy arm courageously, and bind thy soul... that at some certain day, great Lucifer may claim it as his own... and then be thou as great as Lucifer.
梅菲斯托菲利斯,为了爱你,我割伤了我的手臂……用我的血保证我的灵魂是伟大的路西法的……首席领主兼摄政王……永远的黑夜。
Mephistophilis, for love of thee, I cut mine arm... and with my proper blood assure my soul to be great Lucifer's... chief lord and regent... of perpetual night.
看,鲜血从我的手臂上滴落下来。
View here the blood that trickles from mine arm.
但愿它能满足我的愿望。
And let it be propitious to my wish.
但是,浮士德,你必须在上面签字,以赠与契约的形式。
But, Faustus, thou must sign it, in manner of a deed of gift.
我会的。
And so I will.
我的血留在这里预示着什么?
What might this staying of my blood portend?
我写这个法案是不情愿的吗?
Is it unwilling I should write this bill?
为什么不让我重新写呢?
Why streams it not that I might write afresh?
"浮士德将他的灵魂献给你"
"Faustus gives to thee his soul."
它就呆在那里。
There it stayed.
你为什么不呢?你的灵魂不是你自己的吗?
Why shouldst thou not? Is not thy soul thine own?
现在血液又开始清理了。
So now the blood begins to clear again.
现在我要马上结束。
Now will I make an end immediately.
逃跑,浮士德,逃跑。
Flee, Faustus, flee.
到哪里?
Whither?
快跑,浮士德,快跑。
Run, Faustus, run.
我该飞到哪里去?
Whither should I fly?
给上帝。
To God.
如果是上帝,他会把我扔进地狱。
If unto God, he'll cast me down to Hell.
我的灵魂属于我自己。
My soul's my own.
然而浮士德不会飞。
Yet shall not Faustus fly.
我去给他带点东西,让他高兴一下。
I'll fetch him somewhat to delight his mind.
这够一千个人吃的了。
Why, there's enough for a thousand souls.
为了得到他的灵魂,我要做什么?
What will I not do to obtain his soul?
这个法案结束了。
This bill is ended.
浮士德把他的灵魂留给了路西法。
And Faustus hath bequeathed his soul to Lucifer.
拿着,墨非斯菲利斯,收下这书卷,这是身体和灵魂的礼物。
Here, Mephistophilis, receive this scroll, a deed of gift of body and of soul.
但有一个条件,就是你要履行我们之间所订的一切条款。
But yet conditionally that thou perform all articles prescribed between us both.
浮士德,我对地狱和路西法发誓……履行我们之间所有的承诺。
Faustus, I swear by Hell and Lucifer... to effect all promises between us made.
那就听我念吧。
Then hear me read them.
“在下列条件下:
"On these conditions following:
“愿米非斯非利斯作他的仆人,听从他的命令……“随时给他所欲的……“以及他喜欢的任何形式或形状。
"That Mephistophilis shall be his servant and at his command... "and bring him whatsoever he desires at all times... "and in what form or shape soever he please.
“我,约翰·浮士德,维滕贝格人,医生……“通过这些礼物,把身体和灵魂都交给路西法……还有他的大臣米非斯特菲利斯。
"I, John Faustus, of Wittenberg, doctor... "by these presents do give both body and soul to Lucifer... "and his minister, Mephistophilis.
“还有,赐给他们……“24年即将到期……“上述条款写的不可侵犯……“完全有能力去取或携带约翰·浮士德……”
"And, furthermore, grant unto them... "that 24 years being expired... "the articles above written inviolate... "full power to fetch or carry the said John Faustus...
“身体和灵魂、肉、血或货物……"到他们的住处去。
"body and soul, flesh, blood, or goods... "into their habitations wheresoever.
”我……“约翰·浮士德。”
"By me... "John Faustus."
说啊,浮士德,你把这当做你的契约吗?
Speak, Faustus, do you deliver this as your deed?
拿去吧,魔鬼会给你好处的。
Take it, and the Devil give thee good on it.
浮士德,你想问什么就问什么吧。
Now, Faustus, ask what thou wilt.
首先,我要问你关于地狱的问题。
First, I will question thee about Hell.
告诉我,人们称之为地狱的地方在哪里?
Tell me, where is this place that men call Hell?
-在天上。-但是在哪里?
- Under the heavens. - But whereabout?
在这些元素的内部,我们被折磨并永远留在那里。
Within the bowels of these elements, where we are tortured and remain forever.
地狱没有界限,也不局限于一个地方……因为我们所在的地方是地狱。
Hell hath no limits, nor is circumscribed in one self place... for where we are is Hell.
地狱在哪里,我们就在哪里。
And where Hell is, there must we ever be.
总而言之,当整个世界都消失了…所有生物都将被净化……凡是不是天堂的地方都是地狱。
And, to conclude, when all the world dissolves... and every creature shall be purified... all places shall be Hell that are not Heaven.
现在,来吧,我认为地狱是一个寓言。
Now, come, I think Hell's a fable.
这样想吧,直到经历改变你的想法。
Think so still, till experience change your mind.
那么,你认为浮士德应该被诅咒吗?
Why, think'st thou then that Faustus shall be damned?
这是必须的,因为这是你把灵魂交给路西法的书卷。
Of necessity, for here's the scroll wherein thou hast given thy soul to Lucifer.
还有身体,但那又怎样?
And body, too, but what of that?
你以为浮士德会这么喜欢想象死后还有痛苦吗?
Think'st thou that Faustus is so fond as to imagine that after life there is pain?
长牙。这些都是些鸡毛蒜皮的事,纯属无稽之谈。
Tush. These are mere trifles and old wives' tales.
浮士德,我就是一个反面例子。
Faustus, I am an instance to prove the contrary.
因为我被咒诅,现在在地狱里。
For I am damned, and am now in Hell.
怎么,现在在地狱?不,如果这是地狱,我情愿被诅咒在这里。
How, now in Hell? Nay, and this be Hell, I'll willingly be damned here.
什么,散步,争论,等等,但撇开这个…让我有一个妻子,一个德国最美丽的姑娘……因为我放荡好色,没有妻子就活不下去。
What, walking, disputing, etc., but leaving off this... let me have a wife, the fairest maid in Germany... for I am wanton and lascivious and can't live without a wife.
多好的妻子啊!浮士德,我求你,不要谈论妻子。
How, a wife! I prithee, Faustus, talk not of a wife.
梅菲斯托菲利斯,给我拿一个,我要一个。
Mephistophilis, fetch me one, for I will have one.
好吧,你会有一个的。
Well, thou wilt have one.
来吧,我给你找个老婆来……以魔鬼的名义。
Come then, I'll fetch thee a wife... in the Devil's name.
告诉我,浮士德,你喜欢你的妻子吗?
Tell me, Faustus, how dost thou like thy wife?
她是个性感的妓♥女♥。
A plague on her for a hot whore.
浮士德,婚姻不过是仪式上的玩物。
Faustus, marriage is but a ceremonial toy.
如果你爱我,就别再想它了。
If thou lov'st me, think no more of it.
我会为你挑选最漂亮的妓♥女♥,每天早晨把她们带到你的床前。
I'll cull thee out the fairest courtesans, and bring them every morning to thy bed.
你的眼睛喜欢谁,你的心就会拥有谁……愿她像佩内洛普一样贞洁。
She whom thine eye shall like, thy heart shall have... be she as chaste as was Penelope.
像萨巴一样聪明。
As wise as Saba.
或者像光明的路西法堕落前那样美丽。
Or as beautiful as was bright Lucifer before his fall.
当我看到一朵花的创造……那么我忏悔,诅咒你,邪恶的墨非斯菲利斯……因为你剥夺了我在天堂的快乐。
When I behold creation in a flower... then I repent, and curse thee, wicked Mephistophilis... because thou hast deprived me of the joys of Heaven.
浮士德,你为什么认为天堂是一个如此光荣的东西?
Why, Faustus, thinkest thou Heaven is such a glorious thing?
我告诉你,这还不及你一半美丽……也不是地球上所有的人。
I tell thee 'tis not half so fair as thou... nor any man that breathes on earth.
你怎么能证明呢?
How prov'st thou that?
它是为人类而造的……因此,人更优秀。
'Twas made for man... therefore is man more excellent.
如果它是为人类而造的,它就是为我而造的。
If 'twas made for man, 'twas made for me.
我会放弃这个魔法并忏悔。
I will renounce this magic and repent.
浮士德,忏悔……然而上帝会怜悯你的。
Faustus, repent... yet God will pity thee.
你该死!
Thou art damned!
你是灵。
Thou art a spirit.
上帝不会怜悯你的。
God cannot pity thee.
谁在我耳中说,我是灵。
Who buzzeth in mine ears I am a spirit?
即使我是魔鬼,上帝也会怜悯我。
Be I a devil, yet God may pity me.
如果我忏悔,上帝会怜悯我的。
God will pity me if I repent.
但是浮士德永远不会后悔。
But Faustus never shall repent.
浮士德,你该死!
Faustus, thou art damned!
我的心如此坚硬,我无法忏悔。
My heart's so hardened, I cannot repent.
我难以说出救赎、信仰或天堂……但可怕的雷声回响在我耳边:
Scarce can I name salvation, faith or Heaven... but fearful echoes thunder in mine ears: