这是彼得上次的数学测试
I have Peter’s last math quiz.
我觉得应该给你 他只错了两道题
I thought you should have it. He only missed two.
谢谢
Thank you for coming by.
-呃… -你好
Uh... Hi, there.
亲爱的 这是迪瓦恩小姐
Honey, this is Miss Devine.
彼得以前的老师
Peter’s former teacher.
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you.
她是来送彼得上次的数学测试的
She was just coming by to drop off his last math test.
真好 我们可以挂在冰箱上
That’s wonderful. We can hang it on the fridge.
请进吧
Please, come in.
我们刚煮好咖啡
We just made coffee.
这边
This way.
坐吧
Have a seat.
谢谢
Thanks.
给
Here you go.
你流血了
You’re bleeding.
哦 我刚在翻修房♥子
Oh, I’m just doing some remodeling.
被钉子划上了
Loose nail.
小伤 没关系
Don’t worry about it.
既然我都来了
Uh, well, since I’m here,
我想说我觉得非常难过
I just want to express how sorry I am
发生了那种事
about what happened. Aw.
你真是太有心了
That’s very, very sweet of you.
不过你不用道歉
But honestly, no apology necessary.
彼得太好动了
Peter is a spirited boy.
你们给彼得找好下家学校了吗?
Uh, do you have any idea where Peter will be going to school?
当然了
Of course, we do.
就是这里 在家上学
Here. At home.
哦
Oh.
卡罗尔会是彼得最好的老师
Carol is the best teacher Peter could ever have.
怎么?你觉得这个主意不好?
What? You don’t think that’s a good idea? Uh...
我就是觉得…
I just think that, um,
考虑到他的行为 如果能找到符合他需求的环境
given his behavior, he might benefit from an environment
会对他更好
more suited toward his needs?
不 我们不会再把儿子送出去了
No, we’re not going to give our son away.
-谢谢 -不是啊
Thank you. No. No.
对 不会了 他需要的就是家庭
No. No, we’re not. Family is what he needs.
所以我们就给他家庭
Family’s what he’s gonna get.
他人呢?
Where is he?
-他被关禁闭了 -在他的房♥间里
He’s grounded. In his room.
-我能见见他吗? -不能
May I see him? No, you may not.
这不合适
I don’t think it’s appropriate.
我只是想跟他道个别
I would just like to say goodbye.
你为什么这么关心我们的孩子?
What is your interest in our son?
你已经不是他的老师了 所以我…
You’re no longer his teacher. So, I... I don’t...
我觉得你继续来我们家很奇怪
It’s very strange to me that you continue to show up at our house.
我只是想知道他没事
I just wanted to make sure he was all right.
你想知道他没事?
I’m sorry, "that he was all right"?
你是觉得彼得有危险吗?
You think that Peter’s in danger?
所以你觉得我是那种
Do you think that I’m the kind of mother
会伤害自己孩子的母亲?
that would harm my child? Okay.
-亲爱的 没事 -我爱彼得
Honey. It’s okay. I love Peter.
我们都爱彼得
We love Peter. We love Peter.
全心全意地爱他
With every fiber of our being.
你根本什么都不知道…
You don’t know anything about...
-行了 -不行…
Hey. Hey, enough. No. No. Before...
你怎么敢来我们家...
How dare you? How dare you come into our home...
亲爱的 卡罗尔 行了
Honey, honey, honey. Carol. Carol. Stop.
…教训我们怎么对待自己的孩子
...for you to tell us what’s best for our son.
她不是…听我说
She doesn’t... Listen to me.
-什么样的母亲会放弃孩子? -亲爱的 好了
What mother gives up on her child? Sweetheart, that’s enough.
这个陌生女人怎么敢这么说!
The audacity of this woman! This stranger.
你什么都不知道
You don’t know anything. Don’t let the opinion
别因为陌生人的话动气
of a stranger upset you.
够了
Enough. Hey. Enough.
之前医生说过
No, before I had Peter, the doctor said...
-彼得是个奇迹 -来人啊!
...Peter’s a miracle... Help!
我永远不会放弃他
...and I would never give up on him.
我永远不会把他送走 彼得是个奇迹
I would never give him away. Never. Peter’s a miracle.
研究院?怎么可能?
An institute, for what?
救救我!
Help!
不好意思 你还是走吧
Excuse me. I think you better leave.
对不起 我不该来的
I’m sorry. This was a mistake.
那是什么?
What is that?
什么?
What?
砰砰的声音
The noise. The banging.
是洗衣机
The washing machine.
请把
Please.
迪瓦恩小姐 忘拿钥匙了
Forgot your keys, Miss Devine.
谢谢
Thanks.
不客气
You’re welcome.
你可以出来了
You can come out now.
给你
Here.
南瓜蛋糕
Pumpkin.
给我们的小南瓜
For our pumpkin.
彼得
Well, Peter.
你在下面反省了吗?
Have you had time to think?
反省了什么?
About what?
我应该长大了
About how I need to grow up.
不能再大喊大叫 不能再说谎了
Stop acting out. Stop telling lies.
也不能再做噩梦了
And no more nightmares.
是的
No more.
我们为你骄傲 彼得
We’re very proud of you, Peter.
从现在开始 一切都不一样了
Things are going to be different from now on.
你不用再回学校了
You won’t be going back to school any longer.
-以后我就是你的老师 -没错
I’m gonna be your teacher now. That’s right.
你妈妈会在家教你两门基本功课
Your mom here, she’s going to teach you the three R’s, Pete.
知道是哪两门吗?
You know what they are?
阅读、写作和算数
Readin’, Writin’, and Arithmetic.
哎...
Oh...
抱歉
Okay, I’m sorry.
你是个好孩子 彼得
You’re a good boy, Peter.
我们爱你
Oh, and we love you.
我们也原谅你了
And we forgive you.
我也爱你们
Love you too.
晚安 彼得
Goodnight, Peter.
早上见 孩子
See you in the morning, son.
晚安
Good night.
跟我说说话吧
Please talk to me.
彼得 我好担心你
Peter. I was worried about you.
爸妈把我锁在地下室里了
My mom and dad locked me in the basement.
我知道
I knew it.
你一定要当心他们
You have to be careful with them.
他们跟表面上不一样
They are not what they seem.
-我想见你 -不行
I want to see you. No.
我在这里待了太久
I’ve been here too long.
你肯定不喜欢我的样子
You wouldn’t like the looks of me.
你会被吓到尖叫 他们会发现的
You’ll scream and get us caught.
我不会的 我保证
No, I won’t. I promise.
好吧
Okay.
墙纸后面有个洞
There’s a hole behind the wallpaper.
看到了吗?
Do you see it?
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是你姐姐
I’m your sister.
啊?
Hmm?
彼得 我一直在等
I’ve been waiting, Peter.
我必须等你长得足够大
I had to wait till you were big enough.
为什么?
Big enough for what?
因为这样你才能挪开挡住门的钟
Big enough to move the clock that hides the door.
这样才能帮我离开 离开黑暗
Big enough to help me escape. To leave the dark.